Start by marking “Dreamings and Muses” as Want to Read:
Dreamings and Muses

Dreamings and Muses

Expecting nothing more than to connect with relatives and investigate folklore, young writer Siobhan’s trip to England takes an unexpected turn. When she stumbles on a secret, locked inside the pages of an old fairytale book, so compelling, so unimaginable, will her own family believe the truth?

Pulled apart, Jerri and Aaron must find a way to save their marriage. Haunted b
Paperback, 1st, 78 pages
Published October 1st 2017 by Nook Press

To ask other readers questions about Dreamings and Muses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamings and Muses

Kyle
I'll be honest--much as I love the medium of short stories in general, I read a lot of them that I really don't like. And usually, the reason I don't like them is because the author went out of his or her way to make the story dark, depressing, and even downright nasty. It's a very common trope with short works. I believe it's because the author feels the need to pack a really strong punch into the narrative to make up for its limited length, because otherwise the reader won't feel like it was w ...more
Deborah O'Carroll
(Review originally posted on my book blog: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/...)

This is a small collection with unique, interesting, well-written stories. Not the sort of thing I read often, but they were definitely gripping! :) Contains a short story, a novelette, and two pieces of flash fiction—one is sci-fi, two are contemporary with connections to fantasy, and one is... hard to define, but I suppose it’s contemporary fantasy.

The first one, “Just Pretend”, might be my favorite—I quite enj
Daley Downing is an autistic adult, stay at home parent, blogger, dance teacher, and self-professed lover of fantasy fiction and cats. She lives on a secret island, protected by Warriors cats, and rarely ventures to the mainland. When she's not writing, she's wrangling special needs children, her own furbaby, reading, and waiting for the TARDIS to show up.

“If we believe faeries are real, it brings a sense of magic to our very boring, difficult, everyday lives. It gives us a glimpse into a world of adventure, heroism, true love, and happy endings.

It inspires us to pull a little magic out of ourselves, and bestow it on others.”
6 likes