Start by marking “Blue Blooded (Lord & Lady Hetheridge #5)” as Want to Read:
Blue Blooded (Lord & Lady Hetheridge #5)

Blue Blooded

(Lord and Lady Hetheridge #5)

At last!

Return to the world of Emma Jameson’s bestselling Blue series in book #5, Blue Blooded.

Tony Hetheridge is stepping into a new career—private detective. As a Chief Superintendent for New Scotland Yard, he spent years presiding over the “Toff Squad,” handling murders that intersected with the rich and powerful. Now that mantle passes to his wife, Kate, while Tony is
Published February 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blue Blooded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Blooded

Kirsten #EnoughIsEnough
At last!! A new Hetheridge mystery!

I love these characters, and the author doesn't write them nearly as often as I would like. (But we can't all be J.D. Robb!)

This particular story has a much better detective story than previous books, but is more of a thriller than a whodunit. And we finally got a lot more resolution of ongoing story arcs. Can't wait for the next installment! (Hope Paul finally has some luck in the lady love department!)
Victoria Sturlini
WONDERFUL STORY!!!!!!!!

When I saw that there was a new book in the series I was ecstatic!!! I love, love, love, this series and have been checking and checking for a new book!!! This book was fabulously enjoyable!! I have been checking and checking for a new one and this story was worth all that effort to make sure I didn't miss one somehow! The love and support between all the characters is so heartwarming and moving at times. I find Tony to be such a wonderfully kind and caring man. I admire K
Dana Stabenow
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed all of Jameson's Tony and Kate novels but she really ratchets up the action in this fifth in the series, with a fabulous double-barreled denouement that will blow your hat off. Henry's character takes on new dimensions and Paul finally gets a clue about a woman. Let's hope it takes.
Alexandra
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well what can I say, unfortunately totally disappointed. I have enjoyed the previous books in the series, at first I was sceptical as it is written by an American but I found them well written and entertaining. However I don't know what happened with this one. It was very disjointed, the plot had massive holes in it and the showdown at the end totally implausible. There was far too much backstory of the main protagonist just thrown in; horrific generalisation of Londoners that do not have plums ...more
Sabrina Flynn
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I'm in love with the Lord and Lady Hetheridge series. For me, a mystery book can have the most brilliant crime plot ever, but it means nothing to me without the characters. This series delivers: a bit of romance, constant character growth, and the kind of banter I love between a detective couple who respects each other. The characters live and breathe on the pages, and I'm addicted to these books!

This installment was more thriller than mystery - a 'can't put down' conclusion of events from the p
UltraMeital
4.5 Stars

Though these kind of mystery novels aren't my usual go-to, Emma sure is! I SO enjoyed this book. I LOVE Emma's writing, the way a serious situation can always become hilarious with the right inner joke. Tony and Kate are great together. Their interactions are so sweet to read. Though this book and series in general isn't ABOUT romance, they are still, as a couple, the main focus of the story.

It's been a while since the last book. A few DAYS before this book was sneaked released on me I
Merrily
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Since the prior book in the series was published in 2015, I've been waiting anxiously for "Blue Blooded," the fifth of Emma Jameson's books featuring Tony Hetheridge, a hereditary Baron who just happens to be a Scotland Yard Chief Inspector, and his working-class wife, Kate. Lord Hetheridge quite fittingly heads a unit that specializes in crimes among the Posh, and in the course of the series, the Hetheridges have not only fallen in love and married, but witnessed (and usually, thwarted) some e ...more
Susie Eaton
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deeply satisfied sigh here. I’m so invested in these characters I hope we live the rest of our lives together.
The evolving relationships are realistic and always involve me completely. I was beyond happy with everything that took place in this latest book.
No spoilers, but I think you’ll be satisfied with where our favorite team /family finds themselves at the end of this one.
Tony-perfect husband/step dad/ friend/ gentleman/man/human
Kate-vulnerable wife/sister/daughter but dangerously serious
Pamela
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Really Great Addition!

In my view, this may be the best in the series. Tony grapples with being a private detective after retiring from the London Metropolitan Police Service. Kate and Paul have new roles and adjust to working for Vic Jackson. Laughed out loud about thoughts on the new police office building. The action sequences between Tony, Kate, Paul, Godington, and Kayla are really well done. Cannot wait until next one arrives!
Joan
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sudden stop

This books marks endings and new beginnings for several ongoing characters. When these changes take place, the characters lives will be forever changed. The plot twists come fast and furious in this book. But, in the end, the Hetheridges are all stronger and ready to get on with their lives. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
Wright
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, we learned what happened after Tony "retired" and things went south with Paul's career. The wait was way too long for this book, but once the plot started moving along the story raced at a breakneck speed to a disturbing but somewhat satisfying conclusion. Emma Jameson promised in the author's notes that there will be more books in this series. Here's hoping the next doesn't take as long as it did to produce this one.
Daniella Bernett
"Blue Blooded" crackles with revenge, intrigue and murder. I couldn't put it down. This is Emma Jameson's best book yet. The criminal world does not stand a chance when Tony, Kate and Paul are on the law's side. I eagerly await more of their adventures in this captivating series.
Allyson Woodall
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Blue Series

I can not wait to read the next installment! I’m so elated I ventured outside of my book box and read these.... I’m hooked.... on to the next reading adventure!
Karen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely worth the wait! The characters are very interesting, the crimes sound very current, the book moves along quickly. It’s hard to say more without giving any spoilers, so I’ll just say that even as I anticipated some of the events, the suspense had me stressed. Emma Jameson’s research on cyber crimes and mental health issues, among other things, makes her story seem very probable. She writes so well that my focus stays on the story and the people in it, not stopping occasionally to criti ...more
Susan
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read the previous four Lord & Lady Hetheridge books by Emma Jameson several times over and couldn't wait for Blue Blooded to be released. It was worth the wait! Tony is now a private detective and his first big case turns out to be connected to Kate's current murder case. The ending is thrilling and there are of course several twists along the way. This is a great series!
Penny
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite! (Contains spoiler)

I would like to give this 2 stars because I disliked the story so much, but the writing is excellent as always. I've read all the Hetheridge mysteries in order and loved them until this one.
Seemed unnecessarily violent, perverted and malevolent in order to finally destroy Sir Duncan. Thankfully he's gone so perhaps we can move on to a new theme in this evolving story.
OMalleycat
I'm disappointed. I've enjoyed this series from the first book. The main attraction was the relationships among characters--the careful working out of maintaining family, friendship, and love among disparate personalities, classes, and circumstances. The relationships are still there, but they don't so much develop as move herky-jerkily through the author's paces. It's as if Jameson had decided she wanted her characters to be in some particular places and some ongoing plot points resolved at th ...more
Amanda
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish I could take my time with this series, but I always end up devouring them. The chemistry between Lord and Lady Hetheridge is so good I just want to keep reading it, but the action in the stories keeps the plot moving so quickly I can’t wait to see what happens next.
In this story, (it feels almost like an episode), Lord Hetheridge launches his private detective service but it’s not really taking off like he’d expected it to. A fellow PI throws him a bone of a case she’s sick of. Meanwhile
Ria
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different in it’s excellence

I’d like to disagree with some reviews of this book. Whether or not anyone is looking, bad things happen in this world to our young and no one bats an eyelash or tries hard enough to stop it. Not writing about it so everyone can feel their fiction is properly sanitized won’t change a thing.
As to the “co-incidences: if you didn’t see them coming after the the first few pages, I am both shocked and awed that you could muster up the dander to make a complaint afterwards
Jane
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
For about the first third of the book, this was going to be a 3-star read. Way too much introspection and reflecting on the Story So Far. Being a writer and knowing that my earlier drafts can contain too much exposition I wonder if Jameson let herself be rushed into getting this book out under pressure from her fans. To which I say, you're an indie! Take as long as you need to make the book great.

Things definitely improved after a while, with a nice pacy plot and a pretty darn good thriller deno
Pontiki
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new favourite. The series itself is a favourite, so I reread the first books before I started this one. This one is the best.

Kate and Tony are great together, and I love that he’s now a PI. Paul is funny, and finally stops mucking up both his personal and professional life. He doesn’t choose girlfriends well, but it works out as it should.

The two cases of Tony’s twin teen tragedies and Sir Duncan’s connection to them overlap. The yard looks at Sir Duncan, and Paul is the one who puts
Quillracer
As with many English mysteries, this one is slow off the mark. And that’s sad because earlier books in the series got right into the story.

Almost the entire first chapter (15 of 16 pages) is general back story in Tony’s POV. Kate, the other main character, doesn’t appear until Chapter 3, where several pages are tied up with her backstory. And Paul Bhar gets his own backstory in the chapter where he takes center stage. And when the story shifts back to Tony’s POV, we get more backstory. All this
farR
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No longer as good

Loved the first three books. Then the rest started to go downhill. The attraction of this series, to me, is the relationship between the Hetheridges. Tony remains as good, likeable gentleman hero as he's always been. But Kate, I wish with her marriage she would at least try to appreciate her new status and learn to soften her working-class manners and way of speaking. I cringed at some of her language.

As for the mystery, I realized that most of it was solved not by any of the
Steve
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've read and enjoyed the previous 4 books in the series; this is the exception. It delved too deeply and for far too long into the family relationship of the main character. It did the same with the family and psycology of the Moriarity-like villian. The police work was sloppy, Tony, after leaving the murder squad has opened a detective agency but has no clients and gets one indirectly. It's too convoluted and comes together poorly and with too many coincidences. I found the conclusion impossib ...more
Bill Lewis
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS SERIES

One of the best series I’ve had the pleasure of reading. I can’t wait for the next book (please let me know if there is a planned released date!). The characters are unique, well developed and unlike any you’ve likely encountered in previous story lines. I enjoyed the non-traditional family that Kate and Tony have built and the obvious love they have for each other despite their significant differences. The plots are very, very interesting and the overarching plot line between
Kimberly
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-nook
I was excited to read a new installment in the series, but I can’t say that I liked it as much as the earlier books. Everything just seemed a little choppy and confusing on this group they were investigating. It seems to touch on the personal relationships of the main characters just enough to make you want more. Maybe I just have more interest in that than I do the criminal backstory but I get that there needs to be a good balance of both. Just not sure that balance was here on this one. That b ...more
Lyndal
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Blue Series

This series has been a delight to read. The characters became more like able as the series progressed. The same characters you read about in book1 moved through to boom 5 with great development and like ability. The first 3 book as a trilogy was a great buy and I could not wait to purchase the other 2. I did not need s time out but read the series from start to finish. Excellent read strong characters and fun to boot.
Gail Gassen
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read!

What a great story! Hoping this won't be the last of Lord and Lady Hetheridge I'll keep myself posted in watching for one. Can't say much about the story without giving away things, just know it's was a suspenseful time wondering if the wrong person would go over the rails on the 50 story building or the bomb would go off. Now that's it except I believe DS Deepal (Paul) has the worse luck with women! Enjoy!
Kirsten A. Cardegna
Great!

Could not put this one down. The plot was multifaceted so I sometimes got lost . But, the characters were so strong that I came back to the flow of the story through them. The author somehow made Ritchie important, not pitiful. As the story moved closer to the end the few surprises made it imperative to read on when I should have been working on my taxes. I think it is very hard to end a who-done-it well but Ms. Jameson left me completely satusfued.
Linda Cook
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this current day setting, characters and ending. I read all the other Blues in about 2 weeks. Tried not to rush, but . . . When is the next Blue?

Have always been an Anglophile - had to look up some words, lol! The characters are so interesting!

Please Ms. James, I want more. Thank you!

P.S. you are right up there with J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) and Thea Harrison.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Off Stage: Right (Off Stage #1)
  • Bread, Salt & Wine (Tarnished Souls, #4)
  • The Fallen (DCI Matilda Darke, #0.5)
  • Fury (A Kate Redman Mystery: Book 11)
  • A Regimental Murder (Captain Lacey, #2)
  • Breathless (Yoga in the City #1)
  • Killing Time (Bill Slider #6)
  • Plus Ones
  • Silent Witnesses (Anna Kronberg Thriller #5)
  • Letters From a Cowboy (Morning Report, #4)
  • Tess's Tale (The Chanel Series Book 3)
  • Songs You Know by Heart (Wine & Song, #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Change for You (Oahu Lovers, #2)
  • Lead Me Into Danger (Emmeline Kirby/Gregory Longdon Mysteries #1)
  • Underhill: A Halloween Story (Tyack & Frayne #8)
  • Fairs' Point (Astreiant, #4)
Also known as S.A. Reid.

Lord and Lady Hetheridge (5 books)
  • Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1)
  • Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)