Start by marking “Spring at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
Spring at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #1)

Spring at Lavender Bay

(Lavender Bay #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  1,183 ratings  ·  97 reviews
A season for change…?
Beth Reynolds loved growing up close to Eleanor’s Emporium – a bric-a-brac shop full of wonders on Lavender Bay. Devastated to learn that Eleanor has died, she returns home from London immediately and is shocked to discover that the elderly lady has left the shop to her!

ebook
Published February 2nd 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Spring at Lavender Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring at Lavender Bay

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Spring at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #1)
Melindam
This is one of those instances, where I really wish GR introduced the half-star rating.

It is certainly better than 2 stars, but I feel it does not deserve a clean 3 stars for a rather pleasant and light, but all in all too banal story.

This was my first book by Sarah Bennett and I requested the ARC partly because a lot of my GR friends praised her "Butterfly Cove"-series and partly because of the cute cover/story setting.
I mean: pretty, little seaside town, in serious need of a makeover?? Yess, t
Nicola
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars.

Sarah Bennett’s Butterfly Cove series was one of my favourites of both 2017 and the genre, so to say I was a teeny bit eager to pack my bags and head off to discover what treats Lavender Bay held for me, is a bit of an understatement. And those treats come in the form of Beth, Eliza and Libby: lifelong friends who may have miles separating them but haven’t lost the tight bond they share.

description It didn’t need to be anything serious, a spring fling, maybe leading to a summer romance if the
Claire Robinson
3 - Let’s have a spring fling! Stars!

Sarah Bennett, begins her new Lavender Bay series with Spring, an albeit easy, but pretty underwhelming read.

"It’s a bad idea…"

I loved this authors previous series; Butterfly Cove and have since also discovered that she writes erotica under another name, the two novellas of which I have also read and enjoyed, so I started Spring at Lavender Bay with high expectations.

What the author did deliver on was characters and locale, I loved the scene she set with
Amy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I became a fan of Sarah Bennett last year when I jumped in part way in her Butterfly Cove series so I was so pleased to be able to start her new series at the first book. She has a lovely way with words and writes the sweetest romances with realistic and wholly relatable characters that you can’t help but fall in love with! Add in an idyllic, quaint setting and you have the perfect recipe for a charming read.

This book introduces us to three friends, Libby, Eliza and Beth and focuses primarily on
Alison
DNF at 35%.

I adored Sarah Bennett's Butterfly Cove series so I was stoked to see this up for request at NetGalley.

Sadly, after two attempts I just couldn't get into this book.

Beth Reynolds spent the best part of her childhood at Lavender Bay but left to forge a career in London. However, when her mentor Eleanor dies and leaves her Eleanor's Emporium in Lavender Bay she burns her boats and comes back home.

There are plenty of characters and old school friends but I didn't warm to anyone and at ove
Shalini
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story goes thus, Beth returns back to Lavender Bay on the death of Eleanor and finds herself inheriting her shop Eleanor's Emporium. Determined to restore the shop to its past glory and return back, she soon finds herself captured by Lavender Bay, its residents, and the entire seaside town. But most importantly by Sam, her friend Eliza's brother and his killer looks.
My first book by the author Sarah Bennett, I often read such light books, when I need a break from intense stories and this boo
Deanne Patterson
I was excited to have a chance to read the first book in the new series, Lavender Bay.
Beth was taken in by a neighbor as a teenager when her mother left Lavender Bay. She has grown very close to the woman and is heartbroken upon her death. Now this is when the real fun starts, but not really since this is when changes begin. Beth has been left the emporium but she lives in a flat elsewhere and has a job as well. She packs it in though and returns home. She starts to make changes to the emporium
Nicola Clough
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the lavender bay series and I loved Sarah's first series and can really see enjoying this series to as full of romance and finding out uwho you really are and finding a new life for herself and being with friends and in a place she loves and not following her mums dreams. Very well written with great characters and wonderful story line and has you thinking and very heartwarming.
Beth was born in lavender bay and when her mother moved away to start a new life she moved i
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Sarah Bennett and it won't be my last. I enjoy these fun, romantic stories on the coast in the UK. Beth returns to Lavender Cove for the funeral of Eleanor, the woman who raised her. When she finds out that Eleanor has left the Emporium to her, she needs to figure out what to do with it. She lives in London, not Lavender Bay. When she returns to London, she realizes that there is nothing there for her, she has broken up from her boyfriend and the promotion at work seems ...more
Kim
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The characters here just never connected with me. The story was too messy and not properly developed. Beth teetered back and forth from just plain rude to whiny and childish. Sam had an unnatural way of talking about Beth as a child while at the same time trying to get into her pants as an adult.

Nothing clicked here for me. I sound rather have read about Libby and Mr Stone.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

After falling in love with the authors first serial (and not just because it contained the word 'Butterfly'), I had absolutely no idea how she was going to trump that serial. I mean really, if you've read the 'Butterfly Cove' series, you'll know fine well what I'm talking about. Whilst I knew deep down that Sarah Bennett would not disappoint, I felt like I was cheating on the characters of the previous series. I think I
Kim
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Beth gets left the Emporium b.y the lady who took her in as a teenager. She is keen to make it a going concern so that she has an option to sell it. She loves being back amongst friends in Lavender Bay and they take one of their own back into their hearts. She starts to feel at home and sorts out plans for the shop. I loved her friendships and the way everyone rallies round. I also loved the romance You feel a part of the shop coming together and the lovely romance creates a real feel good feeli ...more
Gaele
Beth is having a rough month: missing her friends back in Lavender Bay, frustrated with work and a dotard for a boss, a depressing bed-sit that takes much of her salary and still wondering how to explain to her absent but very overly critical mother that she’s not got the ‘boyfriend of her mother’s dreams’ after all. And then, the biggest hit: Eleanor, the woman who took her in as a teen and provided her with love, acceptance and security has died, and left her a shop and apartment on the towns ...more
Ann
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good beginning to the new series, Lavender Bay. There are two more books in the works. Three friends, Beth, Eliza and Libby grew up together in the lovely small town and Beth returns to bury the wonderful woman who raised her. Eleanor left Beth Eleanor's Emporium, the small shop that tourist love when they visit the small British beach.. She decides to stay to keep the business open and discovers that Sam is still in town and not married. Torn between selling the property to a develope ...more
Grass monster
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Blurb :
Vowing to restore it to its former glory, she only intends to stay until the end of the season. Although the longer she spends in the colourful seaside town, the more she falls back in love with everything she left beh
Christi
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Just gonna say it, Sam is kinda perfect. Looking forward to the next two books in this series.
Emma Crowley
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Spring at Lavender Bay is the first in a new trilogy from author Sarah Bennett. I read and enjoyed her Butterfly Cove series last year and it seems if the formula isn't broken why change things? By this I mean similar to the Butterfly Cove series these new stories will again follow three women, this time close friends rather than sisters, as they navigate the troubles and turmoil’s forced upon them by everyday life as well as seeking some love along the way. Whether they are actively looking for ...more
Didi

Spring at Lavender Bay is the first Sarah Bennett’s books I read and I grabbed at the chance to read it as it’s also the first of a new series. Set in a fictional seaside town of Lavender Bay, this book is a delightful introduction to the author’s writing and the message the story bore: never give up and plan might alter for the best.

Lead characters and voices of the stories were Beth and Sam, childhood friends who grown up living next door to one another. A series of trials caused Bet
Joanne D'Arcy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Bennett who delighted me and many others with her Butterfly Cove series is back with Spring at Lavender Bay, the first in another trilogy.

In this first book of course we meet all the characters that we are going to grow to love and possibly hate in the coming pages and subsequent books.

Beth returns to Lavender Bay when she discovers that the woman who brought her up has in fact left her a shop - not any old shop but an Emporium. Having not really left much of a life back in London, Beth st
Susanne Baker
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was instantly drawn to this book by its beautiful cover and I was not disappointed at all with the story!
I loved watching Beth come home to her childhood home and rekindle friendships with the people that she grew up with. There is something satisfying about seeing a character grow and achieve! I really enjoyed how the author set the scenes of life in a seaside town, having lived in one myself.
Brilliant characters and enough intrigue to keep me turning those pages.
I will definitely be readi
Vickie Richens
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, nice read, looking forward to the rest in the series
Alison Winter
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming story about Beth who goes home to Lavender Bay to manage a shop left to her by a close friend. Really enjoyed. Already have second book ready to read.
Julia
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This has been my first book by Bennett and I was not disappointed.

A charming story about friendship, small town community and, of course, love.
Carol Beasley
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book focuses on three friends, Libby, Eliza and Beth with this book mostly looking at Beth.

I loved the whole setting of Lavender Bay and those who live there. The friendships portrayed are strong and sweet and a nice secondary focus to the romance.

There is drama, intrigue of course romance which is the perfect combination for a wonderful spring/summer read. I am very much looking forward to the next book in the series.

I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Beth is stuck in a miserable job where she is underappreciated and overworked, her boyfriend just upped and left her high and dry, life in London s lonely and not at all what she had hoped for. Then she gets the devastating news that Eleanor the woman who practically brought her up in the small seaside town of Lavender Bay has died, breaking her heart.

Returning to Lavender Bay for the funeral she learns that Eleanor has left her everything, he
Nicola Smith
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spring at Lavender Bay is billed as a delightfully uplifting romance. And I can say, most categorically, that it is that. Many times during the two days it took me to read it, I smiled and melted at the sweet scenes within.

I think what drew me to this book in the first place was Eleanor's Emporium, a seaside shop. It's one of those eclectic shops that sell a bit of everything, some of it a bit tacky and some of it rather lovely. I'm always drawn to shops in novels, and it was so enjoyable to rea
Rachel (Rae)
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So after reading the wonderful Butterfly Cove series I literally could not wait to read Sarah Bennett's new series. Spring at Lavender Bay is one of those stories where in no time at all I felt so at home in this wonderful community aswell as feeling part of a wonderful friendship that Beth, Eliza and Libby share. The characters are brought to life perfectly with it being the first book in the series it can be a fine line between introducing the characters but also getting the story just right a ...more
Paula Pugh
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this romantic story about new beginnings and opportunities. There is such charm in the setting on the seaside filled with so many delightful characters.
Beth Reynolds leaves a crummy job in London and moves to Lavender Bay when she inherits a curio/gift shop form Eleanor Bishop a woman who took her in and raised her when her mother married and left to live in Florida. In Lavender Bay, Beth discovers her true self and finds love out of the blue.
Patty
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my second book by Sarah that I have read and I must say I like this one better than the last book I read.  Don't get me wrong, the last book Christmas at Butterfly Cove was a wonderful book.  I just loved this story more.

In this story Beth Reynolds has not had the most easy life.  Beth was raised in Lavender Bay by her mom's neighbor Eleanor.  Eleanor took it upon herself to raise her so her mother can move away with her new hubby, so that Beth could finish her schooling.  Even from afar
Aisyah Roslan
Toni Laliberte
Feb 05, 2018
Karen Whittard
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new Sarah Bennett part series and I am super excited. Sarah jumped into my must buy author list after reading the butterfly cove part series.

If this book is anything to go by. Then we are in store for another treat. It is full of female friendship, family love, drama, heart break and romance. I absolutely loved it and if this book is an indicator of how the rest of the book will go. I cannot wait to read it.

• Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms
  • Escape to Willow Cottage
  • Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay
  • The Little Cornish Kitchen
  • It Started at Sunset Cottage
  • Making Wishes at Bay View (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay #1)
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove
  • A Home On Bramble Hill
  • Summer with the Country Village Vet
  • Summer at Coastguard Cottages
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage
  • The Little Village of New Starts
  • Just for the Holidays
  • Summer at The Cosy Cottage Cafe (The Cosy Cottage Cafe, #1)
  • Coming Home to the Loch (Loch Lannick #1)
  • Starcross Manor (Love Heart Lane Series, Book 4)
  • Charlee and the Chocolate Shop (Whitsborough Bay, #5)
Sarah Bennett has been reading for as long as she can remember. Raised in a family of bookworms, her love affair with books of all genres has culminated in the ultimate Happy Ever After – getting to write her own stories to share with others.

Born and raised in a military family, she is happily married to her own Officer (who is sometimes even A Gentleman). Home is wherever he lays his hat, and lif

Lavender Bay (3 books)
  • Summer at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #2)
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)