Start by marking “The Thinnest Air” as Want to Read:
The Thinnest Air

The Thinnest Air

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  21,276 ratings  ·  1,405 reviews
A woman’s disappearance exposes a life of secrets in a twisting novel of psychological suspense from the author of The Memory Watcher.

Meredith Price is the luckiest woman alive. Her husband, Andrew, is a charming and successful financial broker. She has two lovely stepchildren and is living in affluence in a mountain resort town. After three years of marriage, Meredith’s l
Published July 1st 2018 by Thomas & Mercer

·  21,276 ratings  ·  1,405 reviews

Start your review of The Thinnest Air
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
3.5 Stars!!!

I have heard the best things about Minka Kent from other book lovers, so I was beyond excited to read my first book by her, The Thinnest Air! It was a fast-paced thriller that was hard to put down! Kent is an incredible writer, and I really enjoyed the central characters in this book. This was a buddy read with Kendall and Holly, and we all had different theories about what was really going on throughout the book—and none of us were correct!

About the Book

Meredith Price has a gorgeou
Kendall
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
So, let me start off by saying how much of a huge fan I am of Minka Kent. I remember running across her debut novel The Memory Watcher on my kindle and I fell in love with her writing style!

So, naturally I was extremely excited to get my hands on Minka's third book! But, I am going to be honest in that this was my least favorite novel that she has published.

What I love about Kent? She flawlessly always grabs her readers in from page one and of course this was demonstrated beautifully in The Th
Berit☀️✨
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
4 Fast Paced Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a fast paced page turning psychological thriller that started with a bang and ended with a fizzle... I started this book with lowered expectations... five of my trusted book Besties read this before me, and I knew they were all disappointed.... and I want to thank all of them for lowering my expectations, because I think I enjoyed this book so much more because of that.... Truly for me up until about 82% this book was brilliant.... I thought my girls were being su
Kaceey
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4.5*
Let me start off by saying, what a pleasant surprise this book was. I’d been putting off reading this one after seeing so many mixed reviews. I desperately wanted a genuinely, thrilling read. (And who doesn’t?) So…from the start to the very last words, this one fully delivered. Thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it!

This is the second book I’ve read by Minka Kent, the first being The Memory Watcher and I enjoyed this one equally as much.
The author has the ability to quickly draw you in and kee
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
3.5 stars to The Thinnest Air! 🌟 🌟 🌟.5

Minka Kent is a beloved author of my friend, Kendall’s, and The Thinnest Air is my first book by Kent.

Meredith Price considers herself lucky. She has been living a life of luxury married to her husband and living in a resort town. The catch: she’s gotten bored with it all, and then she vanishes into thin air.

When her car is found at a local grocery store, there is no sign of foul play. So did she choose to disappear, or was she abducted? Meredith’s sister,
Susanne  Strong
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4 Stars.

Meredith Price’s car is found in the parking lot of a grocery store. Driver’s side door wide open, keys and phone found inside. Meredith, as you may already have guessed, is nowhere to be found. Has she run away or has she been kidnapped? She has the perfect life - married to Andrew Price, a kind, wonderful, successful man who loves and provides for her in a way that no man ever has. Her life is one of luxury and opulence, which she achieved only by marriage. Her older sister Greer is co
Kylie D
An ok book that was quick and easy to read, but I didn't find it particularly thrilling. I don't think the plot lines really added up and was found wanting. It had potential, but didn't really deliver.
Melisa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I was super excited to get my hands on my first Minka Kent book after rave reviews from my gal Kendall - I really can’t wait to read her other titles I’ve heard such great things about!

Kent has written a suspenseful, very fast paced novel - she has a knack for amping up the volume and not letting go.

Meredith has married the man of her dreams - a much older, wealthy man - and after a few years into her marriage, she vanishes into thin air from a grocery store parking lot. What happened? Who’s re
Holly  B (semi-hiatus until Nov)
Suspenseful!

This is my third book by this author. She has a way of building suspense that is completely addictive. I was thrilled when I saw she had a new book coming out.

This one involves a missing wife and the search to find her. This produced a lot of page turning on my part and my mind imagining some crazy elaborate, tangled twist (it just didn't happen for me).  I thought there were so many possibilities for a completely mind-bending turn. Turns out to be a highly predictable story with
Joey R.
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.0 Stars— I decided to read another Kindle First selection, “The Thinnest Air” by Minka Kent after reading a review of the book on-line. This is the first book I have ever read by Kent, and I have to say that I was very impressed. The book is told from two different perspectives: Meredith and her life story prior to her disappearance, and her sister, Greer, who tells the reader what happened from the date of her sister’s disappearance forward. The chapters alternate between the two narratives, ...more
Lori
Jun 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm glad this was a free book. With all of the five-star reviews, I wonder if I didn't miss something, but, there was nothing original in this book. It was full of clichés and stereotypes, and it wasn't very well-written.
Lora
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
2.5 stars I guess lol. This was a free book for me with Amazon Prime this month and I’m very happy I didn’t actually buy it. I really enjoyed Minka’s book, The Perfect Roommate, but this one just irritated me so much. I didn’t like any of the characters. I maybe could’ve liked Meredith but I don’t think I had a chance to get to know her all that well. Greer, the main character, in my opinion, was so annoying. And the book was chock full of cliches and repetition. For example, if I would’ve had t ...more
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews

Two sisters, one missing, one determined to find her, and the perfect charming husband

That’s about all I have here for this one. The Thinnest Air is an easy, simple story with not too much new or different. It is a change of pace from the dark and twisted I usually read but just wasn’t that entertainment to have me invested enough in the story for it to work or me.

I did enjoy the bond between Geer and Meredith and I did find Geer to be a bit interesting character and I enjoyed her POV
Amy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Minka Kent is one of those authors who I think I’ll always follow closely based solely on the fact that she writes highly addictive and entertaining stories that I’m able to devour in a few hours. I’m always hooked within the first few pages and find her books to be incredibly hard for me to put down, what’s better than that?! While the bulk of this one was fantastic the ending was lackluster and left me wanting more making this my least favorite of hers to date.

The premise is nothing new, a wom
j e w e l s
Aug 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Terrible 😝 forgettable
Marialyce
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not a fan at all of this book. The characters were vapid and the story line was just one that has been tried a number of times. For me unfortunately, this was not one of those books that kept one reading into the middle of the night.

I know this author has written a really great book before this. For me, this book was not great at all, so my recommendation is to give this one a bye and move onto a book that is a thriller that will truly thrill you. Although if you like a really quick read where y
Diana
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3-1/2 Stars

I’m not often one to compare books against each other. I don’t like to do that. “All art is inspired by other art” and so on and so forth. But once in a while it seems almost impossible not to compare. About the first half or so of The Thinnest Air has a lot of similarities with Gone Girl. I mean a lot, a lot. I’m tempted to list them here but I want to keep this review spoiler free so I will not do that. I personally happen to be a fan of Gillian Flynn. I think her writing is fantas
Stepheny
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-firsts
I’ve had a rough start with Kindle Firsts. It’s a great concept- prime members getting access to books FOR FREE about a month before their scheduled release date. I dig it. I dig free books. But the first few I tried that sounded awesome were complete garbage. I stopped looking at the emails that told me they were available for a few months. But July’s picks sounded promising, so I took a chance.

When 20-something Meredith gets married to a man almost 3x her age, she thinks she’s got it made. He’
Luvtoread
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Minka Kent and I must say I did enjoy reading it. The book is very well written with good editing. (Thankfully).
The story followed two sisters pov throughout the book and there were many flashbacks for each one. Character development was very good and easy to follow. There were many repetitious statements and thoughts used too frequently which I found somewhat annoying yet it didn't take away from the story. The book really took off into the second half and kept me on th
Stacy Kirkpatrick-Marlton
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Advanced Reading Copy For an Honest Review

Suspense is definitely in my top two favorite Genres, but it is so hard sometimes to find a good suspense thriller, BUT every single time I see Minka Kent is coming out with a new book I get so excited because I know it will be amazing. I have yet to read anything by this author that is less than stellar.

This story goes back in forth between the past and present as the mystery of what happened to Meredith builds into a very suspenseful, twisty, winding c
Tammie
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I’m a big fan of Minka Kent and this book didn’t disappoint-a solid 3.5 stars for me. The Thinnest Air is a mystery/thriller that centers around sisters Meredith and Greer. Meredith seems to have to have all-a rich husband, beautiful house and two step-children-so what happened and why did she go missing!? The Thinnest Air is full of colorful characters and many twists/turns-recommend to readers that like mystery/thriller books.
Bridget

description

So let me start this out by saying that I was hesitant to read The Thinnest Air because I absolutely hated The Memory Watcher . I will never not give an author a second chance but TMW was paaaainful to read. Against my better judgement and my inner bookish girl who shook her head ferociously and begged me to walk away, I read it. I can see by the reviews that I my opinion may not be the most popular but I'm going to put it out there anyway because I can.

I will sum this up sans spoilers. Meredi
Stacey Camp
**5 Goodreads Stars**

Newlywed Meredith Price seems to have it all: a sprawling mansion in a highly desirable mountain resort community; an older, but insatiably attractive husband whose wealth knows no end; and any and everything that money can buy.

But Meredith's infatuation with her husband and the lavish lifestyle he lives begins to dissipate when the reality of marriage sets in.

There's the obnoxious, spoiled stepchildren Meredith has to entertain, children who resent her for breaking up their
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Well this was my freebie for the month of June and I wasn't all that impressed. This was ok but just barely. At first I really couldn't stand either one of the sisters. I thought that they both came across as spoiled and self centered. I thought the dialogue was pretty terrible at the start too. Especially the dialogue between Greer and Andrew. It was so unnatural and awkward but also flat and boring.

As the story progressed, those things improved. The dialogue got better. More complexi
Dita
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audible
I am a huge fan of Minka Kent but this one fell flat. I enjoyed the book but the ending was disappointing and left me feeling unsatisfied. And let's be honest, if it doesn't end well, it doesn't matter how good the build up was, does it?
Marina
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Never boring, this quick read kept me turning pages, but oh, what a frustrating ending!
This is one of those suspense novels where you suspect everybody – so of course I suspected the perpetrator/s all along!
The main character, Meredith, - what a total ninny! But such a stunner that she slayed men wherever she walked. (Yeuch).
The writing was good overall, but Kent uses that (annoying in my view) device of using brand names as shorthand descriptions. Not only will this date the book, but it als
Paul E. Morph
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book (3 stars is NOT a negative review where I'm concerned). It was well written, quite dark in places, well-paced with a clever sliding timeline and kept me guessing concerning the antagonist's identity.

I'd've rated it higher if it weren't for two things:

1. The ending was a bit of a wet fart. Lots of excellently crafted build up is let down by a slightly anticlimactic climax.

2. Some of the characters seem to have been hit one too many times with the Stupid Stick™. Events could ha
Kelli Wilson
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5. I enjoyed this one. Decent suspense level. Story is overall generic, but that's ok with me as long as it's delivered well. This was a basic yet mostly solid delivery. I'd recommend as a quick read.
Zann
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
The build up was pretty good and I really liked Greer, but then I thought the ending was rushed. And the big reveal as to who was the kidnapper? Well what I'd imagined was far more interesting than what was actually revealed...the who, the why, the how was kind of ordinary. I wanted this book to be more psychologically twisted than it actually was.

SPOILERS BELOW **

Also, I wanted to know: 1) What was the falling out between Meredith and Allison about? Not that it ended up being relevant, but it C
Kristin
Jun 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
A few years ago, Meredith married a wealthy, older man. Now, just as she's about to come into money of her own, she's missing. Her sister Greer is trying to find her, perhaps even harder than the police.

I don't know if this is some sort of trend, but I've noticed so many characters in thrillers are downright unlikeable. I'm all for throwing in some suspicious people to keep me guessing, but that doesn't mean every last person should lack redeemable qualities. Here is my summary of our cast:

Mered
Abduction 1 21 Jun 15, 2018 02:46PM

• You Have to Believe Me
  • When She Returned
  • Whisper Me This
  • Lies That Bind Us
  • A Killer's Mind (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #1)
  • Wall of Silence
  • What We Forgot to Bury
  • The King Tides (Lancaster & Daniels, #1)
  • The Trophy Wife
  • Girl Gone Mad
  • I Will Never Leave You
  • Don't Make a Sound (Sawyer Brooks, #1)
  • Phantom Limb
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Other Wife
  • What Have You Done
  • I Said Yes
  • The Guest: A psychological thriller with a shocking twist

Articles featuring this book

The danger is always close to home in domestic suspense thrillers. Here, the narrators are unreliable, the terrors are...
“We’re not meant to be best friends with every person who crosses our paths.” 5 likes
“we don’t know the truth. And the truth couldn’t care less about what we want to believe.” 1 likes