Start by marking “Young Forever” as Want to Read:
Young Forever

Young Forever

(The Bay Boys #3)

“[A] gruesomely realistic thriller...saturated in steamy erotica” —Grady Harp, Amazon Top 100 Reviewer

Cold-hearted murder and smoldering hot sex explode in this fluid-drenched erotic gay mystery about a blossoming new romance and a youth-obsessed serial killer.

Gay men are mysteriously disappearing from the city of Nashville. There are no bodies, no evidence of a crime, and
Published October 24th 2017 by Bay Cove Press

To ask other readers questions about Young Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Forever

Start your review of Young Forever
Grady
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘Lonely gay male seeks snuggle buddy. Serious inquiries only.’

California author Nathan Bay made an impressive debut with KING OF THE SEA. Nathan continues to demonstrate his up front artistry by designing the covers of his novels from his own photographs. Solid steps suggest that Nathan is a professional artist and his debut assured his position among writers of gay romance and fiction. Or as he phrases it, his novels are ‘about ordinary people faced with extraordinary circumstances. His charac
CrabbyPatty
I was drawn into this story from the very first sentences:
It was a day so perfect, he just knew something bad was going to ruin it.
Isaiah could feel it in the pit of his stomach; that sick, prickly sense of dread that always came along just when things were going his way. He wondered if it was intuition or a self-fulfilling prophecy. Was he sabotaging his own happiness?
Against a backdrop of mysterious deaths of young gay men in Nashville, 40-year-old Roger reinvents himself as a sexy lumbersexu
David Avery
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YOUNG FOREVER is a fun, hot, and sexy thriller with gay-themed mystery and romance that is developed in layers from beginning to end. The book is set in Nashville and is written in a way that the city comes to life as a character as well. The story takes off as gay men begin disappearing without a trace and law enforcement are not inclined to investigate too deeply.

Roger Willis is the protagonist who is newly divorced and looking for love (and sex) through the apps that have changed the way men
ReadingAllNite
Let me just say, this is not romance, nor a standard romantic suspense novel. It starts as a murder mystery with the murderer and a victim in a rather crude sex scene. It switches to Roger on his 40th birthday, at a bar for the first time after divorcing from his husband of 20 years. Ben, who states he’s 24, responds to Roger and they begin seeing each other, accompanied by sex scenes that are quite raw and honest, not the romanticized kind found in my usual reading. It read quite well, with the ...more
Dan
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! What a roller coaster ride! Love it.
Chance
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very addicting, albeit short read! It's a well-written thriller/romance balance, while also providing some excellent commentary on the gay community as a whole. I was interested in how the two seemingly separate stories (the mystery and the romance) would be relevant to one another until they suddenly were.

Both the antagonist of the book and Roger share similar fears surrounding growing old, which I think everyone has to some extent but is much more prevalent in the gay community bec
Winzo
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giving this book a fine 5 stars rating! The author has chosen to give his mystery storyline a twist of reality and really makes the reader think about life and that anything may happen at any time. Without giving too much of the story, Roger and Ben really are meant for each other at the end regardless of the lies and conflicts they had to experience and the deaths they had to witness. One of them must suffer! Who will it be? Read it and find out! ;) Young Forever definitely kept me flipping pag ...more
Don Bradshaw
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I was surprised that it ended so abruptly that I just sat here shaking my head. The mystery was done well as was Ben and Roger's story. The two woven together was brilliant. Kudos Mr. Bay.
Tony
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019reads
I do think this is by far the best of the three books. My biggest criticism of these books are the characters. I don’t connect with them. The stories are fine, but I don’t feel compelled to root for them. It’s fine.
Lucy
Jan 30, 2018 added it
Shelves: thriller, lgbt, own-voices
I couldn't get into this one so I just ended up skim reading through it but I think it may be on me and not the book, as I have been in a bit of a slump with my reading.
Guerre Thomas
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Not quite: sci-fi, or mystery, or romance

Very uneven book. Starts out creepy almost sci-fi, drugged murder..... Not quite sure here bcause this scene is foreshadowing and not enough to really develop this part of the story. Secondary characters weren't developed much past the poont of cartoon. Which I suppose is the point of underdevelopment because the author includes a chapter at the end of the book to induce us to buy the next book in this series. The problem is that I didn't find any of the
Nessa
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Roger meets Ben at a club on his fortieth birthday, and also meets Ben's friends who significantly added to the plot element towards the end of the story. There's a serial killer in town and gay men are disappearing. I enjoyed the author's style of writing, and how the characters eventually intertwine and my questions are answered. I must say, that it's not often that I read about a mortician, so that idea was very unique and imaginative. The characterization is excellent, and I was definitely i ...more
Jamie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was invested in the characters pretty quickly. I was yelling at Isiah - go with your gut, always go with your gut when you're in an erotic thriller! I was drawn in quickly with the first chapter. Good character development in the book, even for characters who aren't in the story much. And who can resist a serial killer? Initially, I was hoping for a vampire but serial killer works too. Bay is good with adding a twist to the story and it's a good one in this book. I was disappointed in the end ...more
Sharon Cox
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 and a half stars rounded up to 4.

I was given a copy of this book by the author. I was not asked for a review but thought it only fair.
I haven't read any books by Nathan Bay before and I quite enjoyed this. I preferred the first half of the books as the author managed to keep me on the edge of my seat. I had no idea who the killer was and I wanted to keep reading.
I thought that the 2nd half was a little rushed but finding out who did it was satisfying.
Mr bay is obviously a talented author and h
Michael Ryan Webb
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an addicting read. It’s a bit of twisted fun that kept me guessing and glued to it. The romance between Roger and Ben is well-written enough that I was lulled into forgetting the sinister plot lying in wait until the two collided into each other. There were bits of the murder-mystery that I felt could have used a bit more explaining, including the motive being a bit murky, but that didn’t take away from my enjoyment.

I highly recommend if you enjoy sudsy, steamy mysteries in the vein of
Ken Cook
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to admit surprise and pleasure. This romance novel, set in Nashville, about a recently divorced 40-year old and his new, younger passion picked up at his first night at a bar was much more than the typical gay connection story. With deception/omission being an issue, the story cleverly interweaves a crime spree and yields an unexpected ending, albeit leaving open developments for a sequel.

This was an InstaFreebie download.
Deak Wooten
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Harrowing opening. Super build-up of the relationship between the two protagonists. I would have liked more suspense as the story reached its climax. The ending felt rushed. Maybe a slower build-up to the big reveal. Otherwise, a riveting story.
Pat
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The well planned plot and the well fleshed out characters kept me totally engaged until the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Taid Stone
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit sci-fi, a bit horror, and a good deal of old fashioned mystery. Seemed slow at first, but it ends with more speed.

If you like sci-fi or fantasy, Bay's book will probably entertain well.
ѦѺ™
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: acquisitions, asc2018
A fast-paced erotic thriller/romance that will heat your senses and chill your bones!

*received a personal copy via Instafreebie
Christina
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the premise, the follow through for me seemed lacking.

I liked the characters, but only superficially.

I did not like the ending that much...or about the last 25% or so...it just seemed kind of rushed.

Ill will try this author again though.

Pam Hall
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very fast paced story

Very fast paced story ending could have been better. The friend shop with Ben people in the beginning was light but at the end very tightknit.
Christina Moore
Feb 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bl, dnf
Felt contrived and boring. 30% and nothing was happening. Characters seemed to be acting out of character from one chapter to the next.
S.
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The blurb perfectly describes this unique story. This is a well-written story that is funny and endearing despite all the secrets, murder and sex. Roger and Ben are great characters and you want to see them have their happy ending. It was fun to see a quick shout out to the Invisible Plan. I love when characters cross into other stories without detracting from the current book.

Forever Young is a fast-paced thrill-ride. The twists were unpredictable and well placed. I loved how unexpected this b
Dylan
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

Positives:

1. What I'll say first is, this is a damn fast paced book. I started it at 11 P.M. last night, got halfway through by 12:30, forced myself to go to sleep (even though I would have loved to have finished it right then and there), and I had it done by 11 the next morning.

YOUNG FOREVER is incredibly thrilling, and left me desperately turning the pages to find out what's actually going on.

2. What I also liked, was the diversity. Pretty much all of the characters in this book are
Patrice Leonard
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Revised review of this book...
A very strong 4.5 stars now! Due to the kindness of the author, I was made aware of and sent the updated copy of this book and boy, did it make a difference in how I felt about the story. I was able to continue with my deep affection for Ben and Roger of course, but most importantly, I now feel the closure I was yearning for for them. I could see clearly a bright and happy future for them and I am thrilled about that! So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Mr. B
William Martin
Chiara
rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)
  • Murder at Pirate's Cove (Secrets and Scrabble, #1)
  • Nobody's Prince Charming (Road to Blissville, #3)
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Love Me Whole
  • A Heart's Desire
  • Stand in Place
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Monster (Vertex, #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • The Hunt
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
Nathan Bay writes gay-themed fiction about ordinary people faced with extraordinary circumstances. The genres of his work span mystery, romance, erotica, and everything in between — always with an exciting twist!

Nathan currently resides in sunny California with his husband, son, and a schnauzer named Mrs. Madrigal. Learn more at nathanbayauthor.com and get connected at twitter.com/nathanbayauthor

The Bay Boys (3 books)