Start by marking “The Internet of Money Volume Two: A collection of talks by Andreas M. Antonopoulos” as Want to Read:

Published November 19th 2017 by Merkle Bloom LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Internet of Money Volume Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Internet of Money Volume Two

Janne
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Internet of Money Vol. 2 summarizes the latest changes in technology. As author himself put’s it, to keep up with the technology is almost impossible, especially since the rate of change is accelerating. Immensity of the change is hard to grasp, unless you start to consider it.

I definitely recommend to this to everyone who is interested in participating the world of tomorrow. Technology grants us power, it’s up to us to learn to how to use it virtuously. Possibilities are exciting! ...more
Triet Pham
The content is repetitive on his mantra of the bad money. He took a few communist economies and the way they roughly rule their fiat money as a most typical example of a bad money. Many contents aim at the political matters. Those are what I wouldn't look for a book of a disruptive technology.
KNCHNGL
Context: Continuation of Volume One. Storytelling pitch via the formula of everyday metaphor, extrapolated to Bitcoin, to convey a key message, per chapter.

Liked: Liken this to Bitcoin 302, using my previous analogy. Expanding beyond basic BTC to ETH and highly simplified explanations of complicated developments in the crypto space. As with the previous volume, Mr. Antonpoloulos is brilliant at projecting what the future may look like with mass implementation of blockchain technologies.
Jim Lavis
I got the impression that Andreas Antonopoulos is an expert when it comes to crypto-currency and blockchain. This book is a collection of some of his Ted Talks and the content of these talks surprised me. Too much of his focus was on defending bitcoin and crypto-currencies. He talks about fake news and how governments manipulate their currencies and the future of crypto-currencies, but the metaphors he used were crude and unprofessional.

Now don’t get me wrong, he is an expert in this field, and
Eric C Cassidy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this simple book, and its predecessor. During this "bear" market in crypto, it really reminds me of WHY I've been so deeply drawn to Bitcoin and just a few other cryptocurrencies as investments because the technology is inevitably so much better than any system of money we currently have in the era of the internet, big data, and big government, and quantitative easing (arbitrary inflation from arbitrators of our money, the federal reserve).

We will have digital money. Some will profit hug
Chris Esposo
This book was part of the recommended reading list in a introductory course on the algorithms and process of the blockchain. Slightly better in terms of content with respect to the first volume, it's still mostly just an "ok" book on the subject appropriate only for the absolute beginner to the subject. The talk on exploits against bitcoin was probably the best content in the book, though just like the precious volume, one could find a superior treatment to this in "The Book of Satoshi". Conditi ...more
Mitchu
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great collection of talk transcripts. Although they are already several years old (which in terms of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency history is an eternity), Antonopoulos addresses fundamental points about money, information, etc, which are holding up just fine and are still completely relevant. There is some overlap between the talks, but definitely worth a read if you are curious about possible implications of the Bitcoin/crypto revolution.
Annisatisa
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is such a great book for people who just got into cryptocurrency. I, myself is a beginner and the content of the book is easy to understand as it uses simple words in explaining the internet of money, cryptocurrencies, bitcoins, etc. It is basically a compilation of speeches/talks which makes it even simpler and if you are a beginner and do not have enough knowledge about how money works digitally, I suggest you to read it from the very beginning.
Warren Mcpherson
Andreas does a great job of coming up with vivid images and strong analogies that can help people understand issues. I'm not sure the format of transcribing speeches makes for the best book. There were a couple of great tidbits, but I didn't feel the book as a whole moved me very much.
When talking to beginners, I always recommend they pay attention to Andreas and this is a good, quick treatment of a handful of topics.
David Bryan
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, and the original 'The Internet of Money' are absolutely worth the time to read for anyone interested in understanding the basic implications of the monumental shifts that are coming in our perspective of money and trust. if you are new to the space, I strongly recommend the first book. Volume Two builds upon this foundation and goes more in depth about the infrastructure that is rising in this new and incredible system.
Eimantas Zemaitis
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Satoshi Nakamoto stole money from the state. Not in a direct sense, but metaphorically. Andreas will rob you of your ignorance, myths, and everything else you don't understand about Bitcoin, Ethereum, and cryptocurrencies.

His books and speeches are a red pill. Be careful.

There's a risk is that your life may never be the same.
Tom TG
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andreas is my favourite bitcoin communicator and this collection of (edited) speeches does not disappoint. More anti-govt/banks than part one, it seems as though Andreas’ views have become further entrenched and validated with time. And that’s infectious. Whether you are a libertarian or not, the distributed ledger is going to change the planet... and you should let Andreas tell you why.
Franklyn Gonzalez
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part two from The Internet of Money. Continued with talks on economics and technology. Looking forward to finding the author's videos and talks on Youtube! I missed hearing that part on the first volume.
Alex
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this retreads some of the ground covered in the first volume, there was a substantial amount of new content here, and I found the section on proof-of-work as "staked electricity" to be powerfully elucidating with regard to the true purpose of mining in a PoW-based consensus algorithm.
Daniel Oon Yong Lin
Andreas was very clear on this volume that he was adding more normative thoughts, a programmer by trade he is now a full-fledged cryptoeconomist that helps consumers/users of the network look at problems from different perspectives. An awesome book
Christo Palaskas
Same as the first volume, we need to hear the message again and again, to embrace it. Cryptocurrency is a new upcoming technology that will stay with us and will change our future.
Adam Sullivan
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good overview of Bitcoin; most of this information is available for free on Antonopoulos' YouTube.
Ryan Purvis
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good to read, better to watch

This book and the other are good supplements to the video - as they’re intended. Good background and some clever concepts / ideas.
Austin
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME

Get on the train or get left behind!

The time is now to figure out your mark on history.Do you want to be apart of history or be history hahaha
Rob Sedgwick
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bitcoin book

A bit rambling but still a good read. More up to date than the first book in this series. Definitely worth a read.
Sigurd Kvernmoen
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great takes on the technology! I like Mr. Antonopoulos relentless defense of the free, open and decentralized aspects of the emerging Bitcoin economy.
Markus
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much improvement from Volume one. This actually helped pinpoint the reason bitcoin is disruptive for me, definitely worth the read.
Ken Hamner
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As good as the first book. Highly recommended.
Robin
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.
Still very solid, not as good as the first volume but def worth reading!
Mike Siegel
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Volume One, I banged this one out in two days. Like Volume One, it's a great read. The biggest issue is it had a lot of repeats from Volume One.
Dominic Wong
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminds us we must not buy into the bullshit of a non-open and permissioned blockchain. It is just a database!
Mukund
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As good as Vol 1. I especially liked the sewer rat analogy.
R.
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listening to Antonopoulos lecture is pure delight.
Rodney
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume Two replicates some of the content from Volume One but it is still a solid text. Most importantly, I would argue that Chapter 9 ("What is Streaming Money?") is essential reading for anybody interested in this space.
Harris
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must for anyone who has ever thought, “Bitcoin is bullshit,” wondered “What is Bitcoin really?”, or tried to understand how Bitcoin works. The depth of Antonopolous’s knowledge in the hands of skilled and passionate editors makes for a quick read that will simultaneously answer all of those questions for you while making you hungry to dive in deeper.

• Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
  • The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
  • The Book of Satoshi: The Collected Writings of Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto
  • Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages
  • World After Capital
  • When Google Met Wikileaks
  • The Manga Guide to Electricity
  • Search Analytics for Your Site: Conversations with Your Customers
  • Powering the Dream: The History and Promise of Green Technology
  • Mad Like Tesla: Underdog Inventors and their Relentless Pursuit of Clean Energy
  • Swarmwise
  • United States: Essays 1952-1992
  • Cities in Civilization
  • The Maverick and His Machine: Thomas Watson, Sr. and the Making of IBM
  • War of Streets and Houses
  • The LEGO Adventure Book, Vol. 1
  • The Big Change: America Transforms Itself, 1900-50
  • The Myth of America's Decline: Politics, Economics, and a Half Century of False Prophecies
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a technologist and serial entrepreneur who has become one of the most well-known and well-respected figures in bitcoin. He is the author of two books: “Mastering Bitcoin”, published by O’Reilly Media and considered the best technical guide to bitcoin and “The Internet of Money”, a book about why bitcoin matters.

As an engaging public speaker, teacher and write
“We need to start thinking about the separation of money and state, and understand that it is just as important as separation of church and state. Money in the control of single governments… maybe here in New Zealand it works well. Great, you have one of the few benevolent governments in the world. The rest are not like that; the rest abuse the power over money to punish their political opponents. They use the bank controls not to stop criminals but to stop their political opposition and competition.” 0 likes
“Fake news" has happened because the basis for producing truth has been removed from the very institutions whose job it was to produce truth.” 0 likes