Start by marking “Mayhem's Hero (Operation Mayhem, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mayhem's Hero (Operation Mayhem, #3)

Mayhem's Hero

(Operation Mayhem #3)

He needs someone to tell him he’s worth saving.

Diggs never mattered— not in his family. Project Mayhem left him with nothing but questions about who he is and confirmation that he can’t contribute to the team. He’s tired of being overshadowed by his brothers; Diggs needs something more… someone more.

She’s about to fall for the man who could hurt her more than anyo
ebook
Published November 16th 2017

Start your review of Mayhem's Hero (Operation Mayhem, #3)
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"This suspenseful, action-packed book is meant to keep you on the edge and leave you hungry for more!"

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Militaty operations, secret serums and a team that it wasn't meant to be publicly known except to the highest bidder. Operation Mayhem was a coordinated group of ex-soldiers, who transformed into super-soldiers under their General's instructions. The team was unawared that they had been used as experimental su
Paula
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wonderful, I volunteered to read an advanced readers copy. This is my review. I absolutely love this story. I highly recommend reading it. It's full of action, suspense, intrigue, great characters .I couldn't put it down I hated to see it end . So good . Love this series.
Dawn
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always such a pleasure to read this author's work! The guys of Mayhem have been through so much and they still have a long ways to go. And I love the journey.

When Diggs catches a drone flying over their compound he is determined to find the threat and eliminate it. That is until Reaper calls him off. They have new intelligence and the have to follow up.

Audra has just buried her brother and she had to go by the place she grew up because the military shipped his belongings to the wrong place.
Nikki Brooks
Diggs is still suffering from the self imposed guilt he feels at letting down his team mates. He feels he let Quantum and Crenshaw down when he couldn't save them. But he was lying near death himself but he just can't see past his guilt. He also feels that his enhancement is bit of a non starter - being the teams bloodhound is not exactly earth shattering!

Audra is in a state of shock after the death of her brother. She needs to take care of his former K9 partner but he has been sent to their fat
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Military romance with all the feels…

Mayhem is a good description for the many things this group of military brothers are dealing with. Betrayed, they are fighting for their lives and the truth. Diggs is battling his present and his past. He is in pain, suffering so much for what he sees as his shortcomings. I hurt for him and Audra as they struggled to find meaning and hope through their losses. How they got together made me sniffle more than once but out of that cluster came so much good…

This s
Lorie Barnes
Recommends it for: Everyone
Diggs and Audra are a great addition to the couples who people the Mayhem team. Diggs is a man who is haunted by guilt and feels inferior to his team mates, who he thinks got all the "special" abilities while he didn't get any. Audra, due to her brother's death as a Marine, and his warning to her about the military, has an instant distrust of Diggs. However, they're brought together in their efforts to save Audra's brother's service dog from being beaten to death by Audra's father. Diggs is actu ...more
Debra Johnson
Mayhem's Hero by Lindsay Cross
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Suspense
3.5 Stars

Well I will not be continuing this series.
Good concept.
Very few errors.

My problems are the repetition and unending internal thoughts.

Other thoughts later.

It also lost a lot of the sci-fi elements. They were barely touched on.

I hated the TSTL moments on both mc's parts.

It wasn't horrible but it just isn't enough for me.
Each book seemed to be more lacking than the one before in the elements I need to feel rea
Shelley
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mayhem’s hero is the next book by Lindsay and it’s phenomenal. I can honestly say each book is better than the last. Audra has just lost her brother overseas and learns that not only did the military send his possessions to her abusive father at his trailer, but also her brother’s beloved K9 who lost a leg in the same explosion. On her way to save the dog from her father, she encounters Diggs, who it appears has already stopped her father from beating the dog to death. After helping her, Audra f ...more
Angie
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat!

Diggs is full of guilt over what happened to his teammates in the labs of project mayhem. He has lived his whole life feeling as if he's the weak link. When he witnesses a man beating a dog with a baseball bat, he knows he has to help. That act puts him in the line of Audra, who is tracking down her late brother's service dog and his murderer.

Audra knows her brother wasn't killed in the line of duty, he was murdered. As she gets closer to
Kerry
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-suspence, ku
I am enjoying this series more and more with each installment! The main storyline that streams through each of these books absolutely has me hooked. There was one development in this story that I was so excited about and can't wait to see how it plays out in the next book! It was also great to learn about Diggs' special ability!

The romance in this story is Diggs and Audra, and they are such a great match. I loved their dynamic, and Audra is strong and feisty heroine. The action was great and I
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

The book is part of a series which centers around military men who volunteered to be part of Project Mayhem. A project that is not only top secret project , but also one that enhances the abilities of these men. But not everything is as it seems.
In this story we have Diggs and Audra. Diggs is still trying to find himself after all the secrecy and Audra is trying to find out what really happened to her brother, also a military man, now dead. She receives an incriminating message and now her goal
Stacy Hartley
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diggs believes he always lets everyone down. He believes the bad things that have happened are his fault he should have been able to stop it.
I liked this story, self sacrificing, stopping animal cruelty, dealing with ptsd, learning that maybe you are good enough.
I was given an advanced reader copy and I voluntarily leave this review
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I’m seriously digging this book!

Diggs had always thought that he was a failure in Project Mayhem and he saw himself the weakest in the team. He had watched his best friend die and he took that burden every single day, angry at himself for having not done anything to prevent it.

Audra Wade’s brother was killed in action in the military, but he managed to send his sister a circumstancial video moments before he died. Trigger, her brother’s service dog, was what’s left of him as a reminder. She prom
Cathy Geha
Mayhem’s Hero by Lindsay Cross
Operation Mayhem #3

Men who took an oath to honor and serve were hoodwinked into joining an experiment that left them in dire straits. This series deals with the men, finding a cure for their altered beings, getting revenge AND the women they end up falling in love with.

In this book Diggs meets his mate in Audra while he is saving her brother’s injured K-9 partner being abused by her father. Her brother was sent home in a coffin but Trigger managed to survive and wa
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diggs has never felt as if his family cared, so when he joined the military he created his own family. When his unit became a part of Project Mayhem, his new family entered the unknown, him especially. Leaving him yet again, unsure of his place.

Audra knows something went wrong during a mission of her brother's, and his cryptic message to her proves it. When she learns his K-9, Trigger, was left in their father's care, she knows her brother wouldn't want him with the abusive man.

Though Diggs can
Babs
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Diggs feels he let Quantum and Crenshaw down when he couldn't save them. He was dying himself but the guilt is too much.

Audra is upset she lost her bother and wants to take care of his former K9 partner but the man who made her life miserable has him now and she saves him.

Meantime Diggs goes into a deep depression when he finds out a team member did something that is unforgivable.

There are some things that go on that will leave you wanting to turn the pages and some times in shock of what goes o
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audra rushes home to rescue her brother's service dog and instead finds Diggs already on the job. Audra wasn't easy to convince that Diggs wanted to help, and she runs away. He, of course, finds her and finds out that her bad guy is the same as his. Everyone who knew that a certain person was going to show back up raise their hand....
Nancy Mathias
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diggs and Audra meet saving her dead brothers service dog Trigger. Audra is strong and sassy and Diggs is all alpha. Audra has a serious distrust of military due to her brothers death and the mystery behind it. Add in a corrupt Colonel, gold, a team member returning from the dead and one from a coma and you have an action packed, edge of your seat,I need more read. Highly recommend.
Andi
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another page turning, action packed, suspenseful romance for this series!
Nancy Kehl
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in Lindsay's Mayhem series. A little paranormal, sci-fi, mystery and love story all in one book...just the way I like them. Cannot wait for the next book in this series. :-)
Sandra De Gouveia
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sandy S
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 2017

He needs someone to tell him he’s worth saving.

She’s about to fall for the man who could hurt her more than anyone.

When Audra receives a cryptic message from her military brother that was
Debra
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down until I'd finished.
Operation Mayhem is the team of former military men who were duped into taking a serum that enhanced their physical, and perhaps psychic, abilities. Their commander led them to believe they would be helping the government keep citizens safe. His intentions were not so altruistic. The guys escaped, and are now operating as out of sight as they can.
Diggs feels he is the weakest link in Operation Mayhem. He doesn't have any real, cool superpowers like his t
Carmella
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Lindsay Cross has yet another winner with this addition to the Men of Mayhem series.

Diggs has never felt like he was "enough" in his life. His brothers were better at every thing they did, he felt. He joined the service and became part of Team Mayhem, never did he think he would live the horrors he and his team did when they were part of an experiment to make a Super soldier. They were rescued bu
Rebecca Austin
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-author
"Diggs" has never felt comfortable with his position in Project Mayhem. He has guilt over not being able to rescue his teammates from General Ranier. He believes that each of his current teammates have a special attribute but not him. He is struggling to find a place when he sees a crime being committed that he stops, even if it means doing something he is not supposed to do.

Audra Wade's brother Jeremy was just killed overseas but sent a message to Audra before hand worrying about his safety. Wh
Shelley
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite, so far, in the Operation Mayhem series. It is the third book, can be read as a stand-alone, but I would recommend starting at book one for the full backstory of the team.
Diggs has guilt over failing his best friend during their time in captivity when the team was first genetically altered to be super soldiers. He won't forgive himself that he too was at death's door. He should have found a way. He always seems to feel he has come up short....with his five brothers in his fam
Teresa
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of Mayhem's Hero from the author and Foreward PR & Marketing in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Mayhem's Hero is the third book by Lindsay Cross in her Operation Mayhem's series. I would recommend reading them in order so that you get the full effect of the series background. I've said it before that Ms. Cross writes stories that are action packed and that you're turning the page just to see what happens next.

The hero of this story is Diggs he believes that he do
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diggs has always felt like he didn't matter, and it didn't help that his family helped him come to that conclusion. When he joined Project Mayhem, he wasn't allowed to say anything about it to anyone, so it only reaffirmed that he didn't matter, even to his team. And Diggs feels overshadowed by his brothers on the team. Audra is heartbroken when her brother dies, and it only gets worse when she gets a last cryptic message from her brother before he was killed. Then, the military went and sent al ...more
Kristen Johnson
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things about this series is that each book delivers on the action, suspense, and romance front.

Diggs has been through a lot, as have the other guys, but he still carries around a lot of guilt. He's still working through all of it while trying to find the threat and take care of it. But when they get new intel - he's called off of it to stay behind - something he's not happy about. Then he finds himself tangled up in something unexpected.

Audra has suffered herself, burying he
Janna
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-romance

Lindsay Cross - Mayhem's Hero (Operation Mayhem Series – Book 3)

Ms. Lindsay’s writing is always fresh, heart stopping, nail biting worthy. You will never go wrong with one of her books. The Black Ops Team Mayhem series is no exception. Mayhem starts with The Men of Mercy series. If this is your first book of Ms. Cross’s, I suggest that you read book 1 of Men of Mercy, but, you don’t have too. She writes enough background for a new reader that you will be able to jump right in.

This novel is abou
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Maximus (Special Forces: Operation Alpha, Gold Team #4)
  • Thaddeus: (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team)
  • Weston's Treasure (Gemini Group #3)
  • Taking Liberty (The Next Generation #7)
  • Alec's Dream (Gemini Group #4)
  • Jameson's Salvation (Gemini Group, #2)
  • Nixon's Promise (Gemini Group #1)
  • Finding Peace (Baytown Boys #4)
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Baytown Boys #5)
  • Shielding Gillian (Delta Team Two #1)
  • Freeing Jasper (707 Freedom #2)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • Rank (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #2)
  • Her Captivated Hero (Black Dawn, #6)
  • Free (707 Freedom #1)
  • Strike Fast (DEA FAST #4)
Lindsay Cross is the award-winning author of the Men of Mercy series. She is the fun loving mom of two beautiful daughters and one precocious Great Dane. Lindsay is happily married to the man of her dreams – a soldier and veteran. During one of her husband’s deployments from home, writing became her escape and motivation.

An avid reader since childhood, reading and writing is in her blood. After y

Operation Mayhem (4 books)
  • Mayhem's Warrior (Operation Mayhem, #1)
  • Mayhem's Desire (Operation Mayhem, #2)
  • Mayhem's King