Start by marking “The Courage of a Cowboy (Elk Heights Ranch Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Courage of a Cowboy (Elk Heights Ranch Book 2)

The Courage of a Cowboy

(Elk Heights Ranch #2)

Nothing like a wedding to get a girl dreaming of happily-ever-after . . .

Published April 17th 2018 by Lyrical Caress

To ask other readers questions about The Courage of a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Courage of a Cowboy

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Tender Cowboy Stars

Back on the Ranch..............

photo ranch_zps5rmip7ts.jpg

I am loving this series!! I mean not much to dislike, strapping hunky cowboys who love and cherish with everything they have. Throw in a little drama and some LOL moments and we have a winner folks.

photo redboots_zpsdjugw6ka.jpg

Kessed is in love with or at least thinks she's in love with her best friend Laken's brother. Little does she know a green eyed sweet talking cowboy is about to change everything she thought she wanted.

I liked Kessed, she had spunk, sass and was
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Tender Cowboy Stars

Back on the Ranch..............

photo ranch_zps5rmip7ts.jpg

photo redboots_zpsdjugw6ka.jpg

I liked Kessed, she had spunk, sass and was
Alyssa

Hm, I'm not in the mood to be too ranty today, so I'll just say this one wasn't quite for me. At the end of the day, the story redeemed itself, but I didn't find it enjoyable until after the 40% mark. I don't like to DNF things I paid for, so I was determined to stick it out. And I really do love a ranch setting romance.

Kessed was not the heroine for me, in just about every aspect. (She was the reason I was supes close to DNFing.) Jasper was really the saving grace and I wanted to see t
Books and Spoons
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
An engaging, humorous, and touching romance story with fantastic hero and heroine who won my heart over.
Kessed Ling and Jasper Matthews have a connection and chemistry that is natural, authentic, realistic, and so adorably romantic and sweet while sizzling hot and passionate at the same time.
I absolutely loved Kessed and Jasper with his obvious attraction to her and her battle to try and fight the feelings. There was some raw honesty between them, it was real, it was relatable, and it was hila
Romancing the Book
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by NetGalley
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

It was nice to return to Elk Heights Ranch with book two in the series, The Courage of a Cowboy. This is Jasper and Kessed’s story and what a story it is. The book picks up where the first book in the series, Heart of a Cowboy, left off. Laken and Cyler get their special day and Kessed and Jasper meet at their wedding. There’s an instant attraction but Kessed’s heart belongs to another or does it? Jasper is a gent
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Love like that only comes around once.”
“Once. But once is enough.”

Not gonna lie, my friends. I was a little bummed at first when I saw the blurb for The Courage of a Cowboy. Why? Because after The Heart of a Cowboy (which you don’t have to read to enjoy this one, but left me looking like the heart eyes emoji . . .), I was convinced Kessed was destined for someone else.

Rain

Now? I’m basically convinced that this book couldn’t have been better. Good grief, Jasper—speaking of heart eyes, this guy gi
Cathy Geha
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Courage of a Cowboy by Kristin Vayden
Elk Heights Ranch #2

Crushes can crush your ability to find true love if you are not careful.

Kessed and Jasper meet at the wedding of Cyler and Laken when both are in the wedding party. Jasper, a veterinarian, is rather taken with Kessed but she puts the kibosh on that idea right away as her interest lies elsewhere. Well, the two are put in close proximity working together to get ready for delivery of cattle to their friends’ ranch and as they spend time
2OCC Reviews
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie
Kristin Vayden’s second book in the Elk Heights Ranch series, The Courage of a Cowboy, is a delightful uncomplicated read. It has so many sentiments within the pages that you’re heart will be full.

Kessed has been in love with her BFF brother for most of her life. He, however, does return the feelings. At her BFF’s wedding, he doesn’t even look her way. There was someone that was looking and it surprised her.

Jasper is friends with the groom and knew that Kessed was ready to hand her heart over to
Johnaka
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Courage of a Cowboy by Kristin Vayden
“Change of heart, 5 stars”

Kessed has been in love with the same man for as long as she can remember. Only problem is he’s as dense as a box of rocks and doesn’t realize she’s in love with him. When Kess meets Jasper, she’s attracted to him but has no plans of making a move. I mean her hearts always pointed to Sterling so what’s the point of even trying with someone else?
Jasper instantly likes Kessed and wants her but knows she’s not available. But when fo
Heather andrews
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jasper is just so sweet, the man risks his health so he doesn't offend his woman, “I didn’t want to sound ungrateful! You were kind in bringing me anything. It’s not your fault I’m allergic to something so random as caraway seeds!” Jasper loves to rile up his woman, “So, you admit it. I have the killer abs and smile. It’s okay. I saw you looking yesterday.” He winked." Kessed gives her man so much h***, "...she set the phone down, typed quickly into the laptop on the new kitchen table, and then ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
A super sweet heartwarming romance, The Courage Of A Cowboy will sweep you off your feet! Between the perfect banter and so many swoon worthy moments this book is the ultimate read to kick back and relax with. As soon as I started reading I was quickly swept up in the sweet, fun, love blooming between Jasper and Kessed. These two were adorable together!

Jasper is hands down one of the sweetest heroes I’ve ever read. Patient, funny, sweet, and kind. The man was nearly flawless. Long before Kessed
Natasha
Haven't we all had strong feelings for someone that we thought we were distended to be with? What happens when your best friend is getting married and the man you think you are in love with doesn't even see how beautiful you are. Well one person did and Kessed wasn't expecting it. Kessed is very honest in everything she does and now her mind is telling her to change course.

Jasper is the local vet and his best friend is about to get married. He is asked to watch out for his friend’s ranch while
K.A. Graham
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Courage of a Cowboy
by Kristin Vayden

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

One word...Jasper. Holy hotness in cowboy boots! I beyond love him! After you read thisy story, you won't mind getting caught in a flashflood, as long as he's by your side. Just sayin!

Kessed is a hot mess with a sassy mouth, bringing the fire upon Jasper. Their back and forth banter is pure gold, and they had me laughing and swooning, all at the same time.

Kessed has a hard time letting go of someone she always wanted from her past, but realiz
Michele
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kessed best friend is getting married and she will get to see the man she pines for, her BFF’s brother Sterling. She wants to show him she is all grown up and ready for him, he treats her like a sister and nothing more. At the wedding we also meet Jasper Mathews who notices Kessed right away and tries hard to get her attention.
Jasper and Kessed are thrown into working together to help out the married couple while they are on their honeymoon. Jasper decides to give Kessed time to get use to him a
Tracie R
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Book two in the Elk Heights Ranch series, The Courage of a Cowboy is a sweet, cheeky romance. I loved the character interaction and found the storyline inviting. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Laura Parker
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read from Kristen and I have to say I’ll be stocking up on her others, I just loved this story!

The names she’s picked for her characters are so original. I especially loved how it was just a good romance no twists and turns no crazy plot twists just good! I am definitely a fan now!
White Hot Reads
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Courage of a Cowboy is the second book in this series and it’s like coming home to spend time with your BFFs.

I love Jasper and his pure, non-gameplaying nature. He brings a serious amount of comfort to my blackish heart. He makes me want to move to WA in a small ranching town to meet him.

Kessed is strong and determined - in all things. Her sass and sarcasm and love of food keeps her real and the most awesome BFF ever. She pulls herself up my her literal and proverbial bootstraps when she n
Michelle N
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Courage of a Cowboy is sweet, sassy and a must read! Kessed is such a fun character with so much spunk. Jasper is cool, calm and a man of few words. They are the perfect balance for each other and their story is lovely!
Wendy Leonard-Richardson
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cover drew my attention and the blurb said that I needed to read this one. I am so glad I did. You never know exactly what you will be getting when reading a new to you author so this was a great surprise. The Courage of a Cowboy is a standalone within a series.

This novel was overall a fun and easy read. The story had a bit of seriousness and just a touch of angst mixed in with a happy theme. And the banter! I knew I was going to love Kessed, the h, right from the start based on her dialogue
Donna Repsher
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
In keeping with my current trend of starting to read a series anywhere but the first novel, although this appears to be the second novel in the Elk Heights Ranch series, it's the first one I've read and also the first novel I've read by this author, and I was somewhat less than thrilled, which is why I'm giving it a 2-star rating.

From the outset, unless I was reading a science fiction novel set on an alien world, I have seldom encountered main characters with stranger names, i.e., Laken, Kessed,
Bec

Kessed Ling has been in love with her best friend's brother for years, but he's never seen her as anything more than an annoying little sister. So, maybe it's time to give up the fantasy that Sterling will ever come around and see her as more. When she's forced to work alongside Jasper Matthews to care for a friend's ranch while they're away, she realizes there's more to him than what she thought when she first met him. Will Jasper and Kessed give each other a chance or will they walk away from
Megan
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cowboys, sexy, romantic
Unrequited love is never easy and when Kessed's hopes are crushed good and proper, she isn't sure what that means for her heart going forward. If it were up to Jasper, he'd show her what it meant, but with him by her side instead of the oblivious Sterling. The timing is off, though, until Cyler's steer delivery comes early and it'll take cooperation between Kessed and Jasper to get the ranch ready for them. Along the way they find something deeper and better than they envisioned before. But when ...more
Cheri
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley, kindle
There is often I fear I have when I thoroughly enjoy a book by a new-to-me author that the next book I read by them will disappoint. I loved the first book in this series, Heart of a Cowboy, and it was the first book I had read by this author. Well, she exceeded my expectations with this one. I had no need to worry.

Kessed is such a sassy-pants, but Jasper can give as good as he gets. Their word sparring is fun and seems light, but it really lets us see the true nature of both of their characters
Jin
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Kessed, sarcastic, Starbucks barista was always in love with Laken’s older brother Sterling ever since she was a teenager. And she was determine to impress him during her best friend Laken’s wedding with her gorgeous dress. When she met him before the wedding, he never even looked at her and during the wedding. But someone else was looking at her, Jesper, a friend of Laken’s soon to be husband. But her heart couldn’t take any one.
When she was house sitting Laken’s ranch and her beloved horse, s
Books Laid Bare
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Feelings abound, this is the story of expectations awakened and getting what or should I say who your heart has always had its sights set on.
Kessed Ling has crushed long and hard for her perfect man, grown up with just one guy in her sights but what happens when the guy you think you want turns out to be hardly worth your time…well what happens is someone better comes along and is willing to show a heart that has built its defences so high that sometimes you just have to take a chance.
There is c
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kessed Ling has been love with one person for as long as she can remember, but she's about to meet someone that will change everything.

Jasper Matthews knew the second he laid eyes on her that she was one, but he's got his work cut at for him in his bid to when her heart.

But just they begin, fate throws a bump in the road that could derail their entire relationship.

Has Jasper done enough to win Kessed's heart or will her heart always belong to someone else?

The Courage of a Cowboy is a entertainin
Angel Hatfield
Sep 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Kessed Ling’s best friend’s big day is finally here. It’s especially exciting because it’s Kessed’s chance to show her childhood crush she’s not just a young bridesmaid, she’s a full-grown woman—with red hot desires. But when her long-awaited prey barely blinks an eye at her, Kessed retreats right back into her deeply guarded heart. Doesn’t matter that chivalrous Jasper Matthews steps in and offers a shoulder to lean on. Kessed is no longer in the market for a man, despite how unsettled the stro ...more
Up All Night With Books
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Courage of a Cowboy, is the first book I have ever read by Kristin Vayden. I have to say I was hooked on the chemistry Jasper and Kessed share as well as how much they love to aggravate each other. The banter between made me laugh often.

Kessed has been crushing on Sterling, her best friend’s brother, for as long as she can remember. When he fails to see her the way she sees him, she is crushed. When Jasper shows interest in her, she tells him she is not interested.

Jasper is back in town aft
Kathy Rouchelle
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you start a series and can't wait for the next book to come out. Well I was giddy with excitement when this book landed on my kindle. I was so looking forward to the wedding of Cyler and Laken, who we met and followed in the first book. We also get another glimpse at Laken's brother Sterling who is in from his tour to give the bride away and we see Kessed, Laken's best friend who has had a thing for Sterling for years, he just doesn't reciprocate the feelings. Serving as best man for C ...more
SandyL
Kessed Ling has been in love with her BFF's brother, Sterling, forever. But Sterling just thinks of her as another little sister. Her infatuation has prevented her from falling for any other guys, and when she's introduced to Jasper Matthews, she's annoyed with him. Jasper is Cyler's friend and the new veterinarian in town (Cyler is Kessed's BFF, Laken's, new husband.) Jasper is attracted to Kessed and the two end up being thrown together both in the wedding of Laken and Cyler, and helping Kesse ...more
Kristin's inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! She loves to make soap, sauerkraut, sourdough bread and gluten free muffins. Life is full of blessings and she praises God for the ble ...more

Elk Heights Ranch (2 books)
  • Heart of a Cowboy (Elk Heights Ranch, #1)