Start by marking “Double Deck the Halls (A Bellissimo Casino Crime Caper, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Double Deck the Halls (A Bellissimo Casino Crime Caper, #6.5)

Double Deck the Halls

(Davis Way Crime Caper #6.5)

Well, ho ho ho and hang those stockings because USA TODAY bestselling author Gretchen Archer is giving us can’t miss holiday hijinks.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Bellissimo Resort and Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. The trees are trimmed, the halls are decked, and Davis Way Cole’s grandmother is there to play in the Winter Wonderland Senior Slot Tourn
Published November 2nd 2017 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Deck the Halls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Deck the Halls

Start your review of Double Deck the Halls (A Bellissimo Casino Crime Caper, #6.5)
Diane Vallere
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this holiday short story! We all know grannies know how to get stuff done, but hearing Granny reason through a time-sensitive situation (#bomb) while also reminiscing about past husbands, the home shopping channel, and products to use to keep your false teeth in place is just plain funny.

Recommended to get you into the Christmas spirit!
Myereading
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another way to look at all the junk in your purse

Granny can do anything and is afraid of no one-not Bianca, not a crazy elf and certainly not a silly old bomb.
Judy Lesley
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Gretchen Archer's contribution to the holiday reading sub-genre and it is actually quite a good story. This one is told from the perspective of Davis Way's grandmother, Granny Dee from Pineapple, Alabama. Davis is the head of security for the Bellissimo Casino and she, her husband and eighteen month old twin girls live in a penthouse in the casino. The owners of the casino live one floor up. A Santa has been hired to come to the casino because the owner's wife, Bianca, won't take her tod ...more
Kourtney
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Holiday Short Story for Davis Way Fans!

This is an awesome holiday short story for Davis Way fans. We get to spend the entire time in Davis's grandmother's head and it's hilarious holiday hijinx. I laughed out loud and nervously fretted over what would happen next! Thanks for this delightful treat, Ms. Archer! Better than gingerbread and hot chocolate!
Carol Kenworthy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun to read. Another good book for DAVIS fans. Waiting for the next book which will be here soon. Hopefully my Xmas present to myself.

Great short story. Just getting us ready for our next Davis Way book. HOPEFULLY before Christmas do I can give my self the perfect gift.
Jeanie
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-provided
This is an over-the-top funny cozy mystery that can be enjoyed any time of year! I love how seniors can say almost anything and maybe not get away with it…but nobody wants to argue with them! This short story is written from the point of view of Davis’ Granny Dee, visiting for the holiday season and ready for the Winter Wonderland Senior Slot Tournament that will take place later this day.

Davis, her husband Bradley, and their twin daughters live upstairs from the Bellisimo Casino in Biloxi, Miss
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“That’s right,” I said. “I’m Granny. Granny Dee. And I’m going to get us out of this pickle.” In my life, I had yet to make a promise I hadn’t kept.”

Dorothy May Randal Way Johnson Morton Bunker, aka Granny Dee, was visiting her granddaughter Davis and her two great grandchildren at their home on top of the Bellissimo Casino where everybody worked. Granny Dee spent a lot of time there because she liked playing the slots as much as her husband liked staying home. And she was pretty good at it too.
Kate
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Granny Dee provides the hilarious voice for this holiday short. She’s visiting Davis at the Bellissimo Casino for Christmas (and planning to win big at the casino’s Winter Wonderland Senior Slot Tournament). Instead, she finds herself in a “pickle” when she goes searching for an elf and finds Bianca, the wife of the casino owner, tied up in a chair with a bomb in her lap. Double Deck The Halls is a sweet and delightful mystery story full of humor and heart. It’s the small details that make Arche ...more
Diane J. Caldarulo
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another rib tickle book!

Tge author knows about writing believable characters that literally become your best friends.
While the story is short and sweet-- if you read the series in order, you'd ve laughing at the antics until tears ran down your face. Granny Dee? gotta love her and you know Davis Way got her grit and determination from the old bat!. Great book, great series. Do yourself a favor and read them in order!. They are worth it
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun quick read from a new perspective

Unlike the typical Bellissimo Casino stories, this isn’t told by Davis Way, but by her Granny Dee. It’s a quick funny read punctuated by the off-tangent rambling of someone who may be aging but is still sharp enough to work her way out of trouble. The only disappointment was that the editing was a little sloppy - I ran across two skipped words and a typo. Nothing to get in the way of the story, but jarring all the same.
Stef
Gretchen Archer - new author for me 2019.

This series has been a hoot so far, just fun to read, laugh out loud books for Book 1 & 2 so far. looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Read each book in a day :-) Can't put it down. lol

was a fun, laugh out loud book, full of mystery, who dunit, love, dressing up as someone else, gambling and so much more.

Highly recommend for quick fun reads.
Lisa Hudson
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jill B
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ho Ho Ho So Much Fun! Should Show As 5 Stars

Wow- there's so much packed into this short story- it's amazing. Granny Dee must have been a Boy Scout, because she sure does come prepared! What transpires between Granny, Bianca and that rotten elf is hysterical. Such a fun holiday short. Loved it!
Kristi | Hidden Staircase |
A fun short story to add to the Bellissimo collection. Davis' Granny comes to visit to enter an annual slot tournament, but finds herself mixed up in an elf's diabolical plan. I enjoyed meeting Granny, but as a fan of the Davis Way series, I missed our regular group of characters. A fun, quick holiday read. As always with a Gretchen Archer novel, full of humor and laugh-out-loud moments.
Carol Filipow Pigg
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sure is a good short story. It turned out just perfect for waiting in between two doctor appointments. And it still has that funny twist of a unique “family” gathering. I may have to get jogging clothes to replace my little purse, too. I only gave it four stars because I could not be viewing it, too.
Christine James
Super terrific ultra fantastic

I loved this Christmas themed short. We get to learn more about granny and Bianca. It's an edge-of-your-seat exciting ho ho ho story. Every bit was fun and thrilling. Did I say I loved it? Well I did and you will too
Brenda
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now we know where Davis gets her problem solving skills! Granny Dee saves Bianca from a mad elf's bomb in time for the Winter Wonderland Senior Slot Tournament. Not going to say any more or it will spoil this tension filled, funny 69 page short story!
Tamara
A super cute short story featuring Davis Way's super grandmother!

Now we see where Davis gets (some, ok a lot) of her spunk!

Easy breezy read with some LOL moments. Something nice to enjoy while you take a break from the holiday bustle with a mug of hot cocoa!
Debbi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an enjoyable short story. I laughed so hard at Davis' Granny. She is such a hoot. But she's definitely still sharp at her age. Perfect story to get you into the holiday season. If you haven't read any of the Davis Way Bellissimo Casino series, this would be a great way to get started.
Judy
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick Christmas read with a twist. You should never under estimate the power of a Granny. Sometimes it seems we have super powers.😊 You just never know what you can accomplish when you work together.

P Dian Henry
Feb 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
One star is being generous

This was a complete waste of .99. Sorry for a Christmas story and not even humorous. She used every old country saying a grandmother could utter. Best thing about the book, it was short.
Marian
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
Dorothy May Randal Way Johnson Morton Bunker. You will love her. Gretchen Archer has another great read for fans of Davis Way.
Colleen
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful start to the holiday season! A great back story intertwined with zany Davis Way style action!
suzanne menees
Oh what fun!

Wonderful as always. This time we get more of granny, who is a crack up by the way. It was fun, short and has Christmas songs stuck in my head.
Pamela
Loved it

What a wonderful Christmas story. I loved Granny Fee what a hoot she is and even Bianca was likeable in this book. A great read.
Lynn K Forcier
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute

Fast read. I enjoy the Davis Way books. Granny is a great character. Enjoyed the quick read, now eating for the next book!
Mary
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This short story was told from the view of Davis' grandma. While this was a good story, I missed Davis. But now I know where Davis gets her propensity to make up names for people.
Mari Hinton
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun

This book is about Grandma. Nice to have an incite to other characters. Can see where Davis gets her skills. Very enjoyable book!
Marla Bradeen
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
DOUBLE DECK THE HALLS is a fast, fun read. Granny is quite a character, and the story is bound to get anyone into the holiday spirit.

Disclosure: I won a free copy of this book in a giveaway.

• Lowcountry Bookshop (Liz Talbot Mystery #7)
  • Bullets and Beads (A Miss Fortune Mystery, #17)
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)
  • Fields' Guide to Abduction (Poppy Fields Adventures #1)
  • Snowmen in Paradise (TJ Jensen Paradise Lake Mystery, #2)
  • Fields' Guide to Voodoo (Poppy Fields Adventures #3)
  • Pumpkins in Paradise (TJ Jensen Paradise Lake Mystery #1)
  • The Werewolf Dates The Deputy (Nocturne Falls, #12)
  • Fields' Guide to Assassins (Poppy Fields Adventures #2)
  • Fields' Guide to Fog (Poppy Fields Adventures #4)
  • Color Me Murder (Pen & Ink Mysteries, #1)
  • The Coloring Crook (Pen & Ink Mysteries, #2)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (The Country Club Murders #3)
  • Fields' Guide to Pharaohs (Poppy Fields Adventures #5)
  • Whiskey and Gunpowder (An Addison Holmes Mystery, #6)
  • Coma Girl: part 1
  • Coma Girl: part 2
  • Coma Girl: part 3
Gretchen Archer is a Tennessee housewife, mom of three, grocery-list and mystery writer. She's the author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series.

Davis Way Crime Caper (10 books)
  • Double Whammy (Davis Way Crime Caper, #1)
  • Double Dip (Davis Way Crime Caper, #2)
  • Double Strike (Davis Way Crime Caper, #3)
  • Double Mint (Davis Way Crime Caper, #4)
  • Double Knot (Davis Way Crime Caper, #5)
  • Double Up (Davis Way Crime Caper, #6)
  • Double Dog Dare (Davis Way Crime Caper, #7)
  • Double Agent (Davis Way Crime Caper, #8)
  • Double Trouble (Davis Way Crime Caper, #9)