Start by marking “Tramps and Thieves (Murder and Mayhem, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tramps and Thieves (Murder and Mayhem, #2)

Tramps and Thieves

(Murder and Mayhem #2)

Length: 7 hrs and 53 mins

Whoever said blood was thicker than water never stood in a pool of it.

Retiring from stealing priceless treasures seemed like a surefire way for Rook Stevens to stay on the right side of the law. The only cop in his life should have been his probably-boyfriend, Los Angeles Detective Dante Montoya, but that’s not how life—his life—is turning out.
Audible Audio, 8 pages
Published October 10th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 18th 2017)

Start your review of Tramps and Thieves (Murder and Mayhem, #2)
Simone
Update August 2018: 5+++++ Stars for the audiobook...

--------------------------------------
***5 Happy-to-have-two-of-my-favorite-guys-back stars***
tumblr_mrn6kqjZXP1qgms01o1_500.gif (500×200)

"Fuck, I missed this," Rook whispered, stroking the edge of the lock. "Why the hell did I give this up?"

Former cat burglar Rook Stevens gives in to the thrill of one last caper. Okay, maybe he was a bit driven by a teeny-weeny desire for revenge. Maybe he felt the need to prove himself that he is still one of the best. And yeah, maybe he
Line
Just as good the second time around... Sooooooo Rhys, when's the next one here?
description

OM-FREAKING-D! I won an ARC copy, I am so freaking excited!!! I have never won anything before, and then it is my favourite MM-couple ever<3 *sigh*
Greatest day ever.

***********************************************

How to do this book justice?!

It is no secret that Murder and Mayhem is my FAVOURITE Rhys Ford novel, since M&M hit all my notes, pet peeves and wishes for an MC, just right!
Also Rook and Dante is my
Shile
5 stars for the audio and the book

I am too lazy to write a proper review.

I loved

-Dante and Rook fit together so well, the cop and the thief, their relationship growth was evident in this boo.
-The Mystery it was engaging.
- The chemistry between Dante and Rook was so believable., the sex was hot.
-Hank Dante's partner he is just the best.
-Grandpa Archie, i love the stubborn old man.

I loved Greg's narration and every time he said the name Dante and cuervo

description

I can't wait to read the next.
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Hearts

One should be happy to know that there’s no sophomore slump here!

A couple months have passed, and Rook is trying to adjust. Adjust to his honest living. Adjust to his loving supportive relationship with his once sworn adversary, homicide detective Dante Montoya. He’s determined to go the lawful path and maybe, just maybe, he can finally put down roots and live happily ever after. The thing is, Rook’s past just won’t let him go that easily.

This is probably one of the the least “insta” of
Wendy
four-stars.png (600×100)

I have been excited about this book ever since I found out that there was gonna be a sequel to"Murder and Mayhem". I absolutely loved that book and I had very high expectations for this second one. Thankfully my expectations were met ;)

yoE7WQl.gif (375×200)

Now let me start off by saying, that this book can not be read as a stand alone. It's a continuing storyline about the couple from book 1. Rook and Dante. I still love their names..... so freaking cool !!

tumblr_m9vp2ktXjw1rsq9eyo1_500.gif (500×700)

Now I am gonna try and keep out any major spoilers, because
BWT (Belen)
ETA for Audio Review

I would recommend you don't start this before you read/listen to Murder and Mayhem (book one). It's much better as part of the series than as a standalone.

Tramps and Thieves picks up some time after the events of Murder and Mayhem and Rook and Dante are now an established couple complementing each other really well. Told in an alternating POV, death and mystery follow former thief Rook Stevens around once again leaving his detective boyfriend, Dante Montoya, to help resolve
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

LOVED this one. This one is a continuation of characters from book 1, different plot from what I recall. I'm not big on re-reading books so I didn't do a re-read prior to starting this one. Now I'm kind of wishing I had.

Rook and Dante are definitely one of my favorite couples and I hope we get more of them.

This really is the perfect mix of romance and suspense. I will say this series is low on the actual sex but the chemistry between Rook and Dante is perfection. Every time Dante
~Volha~
OMG, I love Rook Stevens and Dante Montoya! A cat burglar turned honest and honorable detective create such an unlikely couple that you can't help yourself but love them. Rook's sass to Dante's sweetness, Rook's fear to Dante's steadiness - together they are so beautiful.

Rook is as fidgety as an old maid when it comes to relationship, and his love for Dante scares him the most. He is ready to run but deep down he wants to stay but is worried that people will leave and he will be left in the
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
When it comes to writing M/M romances, no one does it quite like Rhys Ford. From her beloved (and sadly concluded) Cole McGinnis series to this new literary adventure, everything she does is a guaranteed success, and with good reason. Ford’s romances are never superficial and her mysteries are never just glue for multiple steamy scenes. She builds her stories on a solid foundation and treats steamy scenes precisely as what they are – desserts, rare nuggets meant to make the story sweeter.

It’s a
Chris
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
Really enjoyable book in what I hope will become a longer series ! Rook finds himself involved in murder and mayhem again and his hot cop Dante is out to solve the mystery and clear his man. This was cleverly written with some unexpected twists which I appreciated as it really held my interest. Camden is an awesome partner to Dante and Manny is the perfect uncle who loves both guys heart and soul. I do feel for Rook, he's a victim of his own vulnerability and seems to be perpetually in a state ...more
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

This is the second installment in the Murder and Mayhem series and I wouldn’t suggest reading this one without having read the first. While the story is self-contained and the mystery solved by the end, there is too much background between the main and secondary characters that affects their actions and words and you would really be missing out.

A cop in love with a thief is always a fun story. While that was pretty much put to bed in the first book and Rook may no
Adam

As always, Greg Tremblay delivered an excellent audiobook. The pacing was good, the voices were differentiated, and the overall narration was engaging. I really enjoyed listening to this book during my workouts!

Picking up not too long after the end of Murder and Mayhem, 'Tramps and Thieves' hits the ground running. Rook and Dante are madly in love, and Rook finally knows what it is to be loved and to have a real home. But Rook also can't seem to keep himself out of trouble.

This time
Karen
You know it's a good story when you love it every bit as much the second time around as you did the first and that was the case with this audio book. I actually reviewed this book back in September when it was released and I loved it, so when the audio book narrated by Greg Tremblay was released there was zero doubt in my mind that I'd be doing this again. Not only did I enjoy it just as much but I can honestly say I'm already looking forward to listening to it again...right after I re-play the ...more
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Even better than the first book! Rook and Dante grow closer, their relationship deepens and when they are together I just melt. I love how hard Dante works to make sure Rook is emotionally comfortable enough to let go and trust him. *sigh*

So many awesome characters here, Camden, Manny and Archie are ever more present in the story and I really like that. LOL, even Rosa, Archie's housekeeper, was a little more vocal. To me, *crosses fingers* this means this might be a multi-book series
Santy
I love this series so hard!

Like in Book 1, everything in this book hit the spot for me. The writing,the characters(even those I wanted to strangle),the murder/mystery component , EVERYTHING. I did this in audio and once again, Greg Tremblay nailed all the characters. He increased my enjoyment of this book exponentially.

Dante and Rook continued to grow in their relationship and even with all the deadly trouble that Rook seemed to always attract, their love for each other never waned. Dante was
Candice
EEK! So this book showed up on my Kindle last night and I was still recovering from a massive hangover, so I decided to go to sleep instead of starting it. Good move on my part or else I would have been up for over 24 hours! Once I started this there was no way I was putting it down. Read it in one sitting and I'm not even sure I got up to pee. I'm still in a haze. GAH! MORE! I need more!

Rook and Dante won my heart, all over again. These two are seriously my favorite couple, which is crazy
Daphne
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books, m-m-read
Poor Rook can not catch a break with people screwing him over and trying to kill him. It's possibly worth it though for the steadfast love from his new boyfriend, Dante, and the family that is developing around him.

This second book was as fast paced as the first and the mystery was twisty - I didn't see the bad guy coming.

Unexpectedly, the poignant moment in the book was with Rook and Archie. I was not expecting to fight tears with this book but I had to during that interaction. Words can
haletostilinski
Ohhhh yay! I loved this!

This was on par with the first book for me. Exciting, fast paced, intriguing murder mystery, with Dante and Rook's romance spread throughout - and a few hot sex scenes to boot.

This was skillfully written, as I had nO idea who the killer or killers were, and I was left wonder whodunnit until the reveal at the end, even though I kept guessing throughout.

I have to say I was like "oh nooo" in the opening scene because it seems like Rook's gone back to his thieving ways and
Karen
First there was Cole McGinnis...then it was the men of Sinner's Gin and now...

Now we have Rook Stevens retired Cat Burglar extraordinaire and Dante Montoya the man who stole his heart and spends his days fighting to keep that same heart alive because Rook seems to have a penchant for trouble...the kind of trouble that can get a person dead.

When I first started reading this author's works I actually started with her 'Sinner's' series and by the time I was part way through that one I was
Caz
I've given this an A+ for narration and a B+ for content at AudioGals, so that's very nearly 5 stars!

I so enjoyed Murder and Mayhem, the first book in Rhys Ford’s series about the cop and the (ex) cat burglar, that I was tempted to move straight on to book two, Tramps and Thieves immediately it came out. But then I told myself to be a good little reviewer and listen to some of the other things that were – admittedly – ahead of it on my TBL. So I did. But now here I am to tell you that, in spite
Nat ReadingAllNite
So murder-y. Much mayhem! I'm going to admit to some bias right up front; Rhys Ford is a huge favorite of mine, when it comes to mystery and suspense. I would be honest if she ever disappointed, but she certainly didn't this time! I fell in love with Rook and Dante in book one and my literary love affair continues with this follow up. The couple is still working on fully trusting in each other to stick around for the long term. Rook still struggles with his instincts to cut and run from trouble, ...more
Nazanin ex-Profile
Greg Tremblay truly outdid himself with this one! The narration was on point. I got teary at one point because of how intensely he was narrating the scenes. Oh and that last scene? God, I want my own Dante. *sigh* I'll definitely be checking other books by Rhys Ford. Loved it.
⚣Michaelle⚣
5 Stars

Once again, I think there is no better combination of author/narrator. Greg is simply the best at bringing Rhys' words to life in a way that I'm not sure anyone else could do as well.

I loved this second installment to Murder and Mayhem. The case was sufficiently convoluted enough to keep me guessing (seriously, every time I had someone pegged as the culprit, they either got killed or eliminated a chapter later!) and the romance was even more dreamy. New relationships are fun to
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
True rating ... 4.5 stars rounded up :-)!! Adored this book!! Unputdownable!!
Thoughts to come ...

*********************

Too long to post in regular updates ... @ 49% ...

“Shadowed by a phalanx of serious-faced people in suits Dante assumed were lawyers, Archie marched into Potter’s Field with a gleam in his eye and all intentions of doing battle.
He met his match in Manny.
It was an interesting standoff. One despotic, overindulged head of industry crossing swords with a Latino former drag queen
F.
Enjoyed this and had my suspicions but got proved wrong till near the end. Love how Rhys is able to intertwine a growing relationship and a convoluted mystery. I do recommend reading these in order though.
ReviewerLarissa
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... can't wait for this book! I didn't know there was going to be sequel, but this news made my day :-)
Annie

Tramps and Thieves picks up a few months after the conclusion of Murder and Mayhem, the first book in the series. This is definitely a book that will feel incomplete if read as a standalone as it’s a continuation of Dante and Rook’s romance. Once again, the imagery Miss Ford uses impressed me and I found myself more than happy to slip back into this romantic suspense set in Los Angeles, wherein a cop and reformed thief fall in love.

The second book had a bit of a different start for me.
Christy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc, on-my-kindle
4.5 Stars ~ Ah Rook, you should have known that stepping back into your former “alleged” criminal ways would have you staring at a dead body and the cops questioning you about his murder. It's nice to see that things haven't changed all that much in the world of ‘Murder and Mayhem’. Rook is still getting into trouble and his boyfriend, Detective Dante Montoya, is still helping him solve the mystery and get his butt out of the fire. What can I expect? Dante does love Rook’s… assets… yeah, that's ...more
Joyfully Jay
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Tramps and Thieves is the second book in Rhys Ford’s Murder and Mayhem series. I absolutely adored the first book so I was thrilled to see a follow up for Dante and Rook. As with the first story, this book is incredibly exciting with a captivating mystery and a wonderful relationship between Dante and Rook.

So first off, the mystery and thriller aspect here is fabulous. The case has twists and turns and each new finding leads into something else to discover. There
Sadonna
This book starts off with a bang and just keeps on going. Rook continues to attract murder victims and he seems to be a target once again. Dante has his work cut out to keep his boyfriend safe. Add in the rest of the Martins and another detective with a grudge and both our guys have their hands full. There are a number of players and as usual, this author is inventive with her murders :)

The star of this story though, is the building relationship between the guys. Their level of trust and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Tramps and Thieves, by Rhys Ford 1 10 Oct 29, 2017 05:35AM

• Southernmost Murder
  • Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water, #2)
  • Late in the Day (The Vault, #2)
  • Gummy Bears & Grenades (THIRDS, #9.5)
  • The Magician Murders (The Art of Murder, #3)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)
  • Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • Pins and Needles
  • Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • The Monuments Men Murders (The Art of Murder #4)
  • Color of You
  • Model Exposure (Haven Investigations, #4)
  • Badlands (Badlands, #1)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)
  • A Few Good Fish (Fish Out of Water, #3)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She

Murder and Mayhem (2 books)
  • Murder and Mayhem (Murder and Mayhem, #1)