Start by marking “Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1)

Cherish Hard

(Hard Play #1)

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh kicks off her new Hard Play contemporary romance series with a sizzling story that’ll leave you smiling…

Sailor Bishop has only one goal for his future – to create a successful landscaping business. No distractions allowed. Then he comes face-to-face and lips-to-lips with a woman who blushes like an innocent… and kisses like pu
Published November 14th 2017 by TKA Distribution

To ask other readers questions about Cherish Hard, please sign up.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: older-woman, sweet
Perfectly executed sweet, light hearted and delightful.

I really enjoyed Cherish Hard. It was a wonderfully sweet, approachable and relatable novel.

For me what really stood out was Sailor Bishop. He shone like a beacon - OMG, he was sooooo amazing!!! Swoony, and just a real fantastic guy. I loved him. The way that he treated Ísa was wonderful.

Even so they met for such a short time years ago at a college party, the moment was imprinted on him. Sailor couldn't forget her, the red head that ran away
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE***

Haven’t we met before…?

My reading mind (The Book Zone) feels like a Rolodex sometimes. Every book I start, I’m looking through my catalogue for similarities, triggers and a comfy place for my romantic heart to bloom. As soon as I started reading Cherish Hard my Rolodex was activated. This is kind of how it played out…

Nalini Singh, OK, what’s she got for me this time…
I’m expecting a strong, determined and loving hero…check
The heroine will have faced heartache and devastation…check
Bubu
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cr, 3-stars, read-2017

Have you ever come home from a long day, and instead of just simply throwing your usual nuke food into the microwave, you decided to eat something really nice? So, you cook your dinner, nothing fancy, but you’re really, really hungry. Finally, it’s finished, you’re famished, the anticipation of the first bite; and then you have your first bite and……you forgot a very important ingredient, e.g. a certain spice or a herb, something you can’t add now that your dinner is cooked, because it w
Jo
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All romance fans!!
“I’m no poet, Ísa. I can’t give you fancy words. But I know what we have is special. It’s worth a fight.”

description

Cherish Hard made my heart swoon!! The queen of PNR and contemporary romance has shown again why she’s my favorite author – this book was all I had hoped it would be and so much more!!!

“How old are you?” she said through a bone-dry throat.
A wicked grin. “Younger than you. You be my cougar, I’ll be your boy toy.”

All Ísa Rain has ever wanted was to have a loving family of her own. An

Kat
Mar 11, 2019 added it
Shelves: library-3
This was my first foray into contemporary romance by Nalini Singh! Isa was burned by her fiancé, who like a dog, calls to rub it in that he’s getting married (and makes fun of her weight—jerk.) She works as a teacher, but has a controlling mother who wants her to take over the family company. I liked Isa, and liked Sailor, a landscaper hired to work for the company, as well. This was more of a sweet story, without a lot of drama. Nice if you’re looking for something uncomplicated and light.

Plea
Fanny
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

Cherish Hard de Nalini Singh narra la historia de Isa y Sailor.

Honestamente comence esta lectura porque ninguna otra de las que tengo pendientes me terminaba de convencer, pero Cherish Hard me sorprendio muy gratamente, pese a no tener una trama sorprendente, la lectura resulta tan amena, adictiva y bonita que es imposible no disfrutar leyendo.

Por lo general me gustan mucho mas las historias de este genero que escribe la autora que las de tematica sobrenatural, no solo porque la saga Psy-Cambian
Geri Reads
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Cherish Hard is an insanely sweet but very sexy romance between an older heroine and younger hero, which I loved!

Nalini Singh has always excelled in writing great heroes-in-pursuit tropes, and in this book, Sailor is a great example of a hero in pursuit of a woman who caught his eye. He is easily the best part of this book for me.

He's determined to not only prove that he can get his business off the ground but to prove that his love for Isa isn't just a passing fancy.

Sailor Bishop i
MelissaB
This book was just kind of slow and boring for me, no real passion or excitement though I did find the characters kind of cute. So far I much prefer Nalini’s Psy/Changling and Guild Hunter books to her contemporaries.
Priyanka
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's not a surprise now when I say that Nalini Singh is my top favourite author because I say it every chance I get. I had been waiting on the edge of my seat for this book/series as soon as I read about Bishop's siblings in Rock Hard(you can find its review here). Sailor and Isa are introduced in Rock Hard and I instantly wanted to read their story, so I was very grateful to hear that Nalini Singh announced that there were going to be more books for the siblings as well!

Isa is an heiress to he
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
So, so sweet! I enjoy Nalini Singh's contemporary romances so much. I can't wait for the rest of the Bishop boys' books! Review to come!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Elle's Book Blog
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: November 14,
Genre: Contemporary Romance

I struggled with this one simply because I could not for the life of me connect with the heroine, Isa. I tried so hard to like her. She comes off really sweet and sort of bashful, but her actions are completely different. I think her inner thoughts got to me a little bit too. Perhaps it's just me and I wasn't in to mood to read it at this particular time (sometimes I get romanced out), so I may consider re-reading it in the future. But fo
Kate's Corner
Nalini Singh writes contemporary romance.

Yes, I’ve known the other series of hers but I wasn’t sure and here I thought why the hell the not.

And. I. AM. TORN. I think that it is 3-3.5* though.

It’s not bad per se quite the opposite really. The story is engaging, well written with great characters and an interesting plot. I just…

I just don’t know. Maybe as this unfamiliar territory for me. Ms. Singh for me is known to me as my go to PNR author. I’m finding my thoughts being difficult on this one.
Marta Cox
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
If like me you've already read Rock Hard then you will be well aware that the men of the Bishop clan are pretty awesome. If you haven't yet discovered just how yummy they are then allow me to introduce Sailor Bishop! He might not be the roughest guy in town but this quietly determined gardener knows exactly what he wants from life . So what will he do when he finally catches up with the girl of his dreams? A girl that seems to just want to keep running away !
Isa is the lynchpin that keeps her so
Dísir
‘Cherish Hard’ is my first venture into Nalini Singh contemporary romance and I hadn’t known at all what to expect, being familiar as I am only with her psy-changeling series. Having also not read ‘Rock Hard’, of which ‘Cherish Hard’ is an off-shoot or spin-off or at least a prequel to Gabriel Bishop’s story, Sailor’s and Ísa’s story is nevertheless a standalone, which takes place a few years prior Gabe’s book.

What I hadn’t expected was a quirky style that’s unlike Singh’s driving, more epic wor
CC
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading this book was like eating fluffy bunnies playing in the woods and you are just waiting for the fox to jump out and eat one. But there is no fox. This is just a fluffy bunny story. And sometimes that is all we need.

So it is light, low angst, fairly mature, sweet and easy read. The hero is dreamy and Isa never did anything to disappoint me, even though I expected her to.

If you are looking for a sweet, albeit a little slow at times, romance, this will for the bill.

Syndi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I am expecting fun, sexy story. I am expecting sassy characters who bring the story into life. But I got flat story, boring writing style and... unbelievable insta lust/ love. Nothing on this book clicks with me.

2 stars
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When I catch up with you, spitfire, it’s going to be all about revenge.” Sweet, slow, erotic revenge.

It could also be the sugar rush from all the chocolate I find myself eating while reading her books, but whenever I finish one of Nalini Singh’s soul-stirring romances, my heart is so full, it feels like it could burst. Her stories are so warm and romantic, they soothe and reenergise the hopeless romantic in me—moving me, seducing me, making me devour every single word like a luscious desser
G.
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well this was a disappointment. I was so bored while reading Cherish Hard that the only thing which kept me reading was my desire to find out whether the heroine wanted the hero to be her partner or her parent. Honestly? Still not sure.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I have a confession to make, I tried reading a book a couple of years back by Nalini Singh because so many of my friends loved her work, but the book had way too much angst for me and so I never picked up another book by her. When I read the synopsis for Cherish Hard, I decided it was time to give this author so many hold in high esteem another chance and I’m glad I did. Cherish Hard was a beautifully crafted love story and I loved that despite the contrast in the two main character’s lives they
Kate Douglas
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I know Nalini well enough to beg her for her next book without any shame whatsoever, and damn it all but this one is well worth the groveling. Nalini has a voice that is so unique, so totally hers, that I get lost in the cadence and the rhythm and the characters as she brings them to life, peoples their world with beautifully developed friends, and draws the reader into a sweet and sexy romance that just leaves you smiling.

Nalini also introduces new characters that you just kno
Oct 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
What do we have here?!?

Kahea
***5 ‘Spitfire and Demon’ Stars***

Ever since meeting the Bishop/Esera clan in Rock Hard (Rock Kiss #2 ~ which is my absolute fav of the series) I adored them and wanted to spend more time with them. I didn’t care if it was through the shorts that Ms. Singh generously sends out in her newsletters or a novella, I just wanted MORE. So when she announced that they would get their own series I squeed (in my head), did a happy dance (also in my head), and waited patiently (well...impatiently but pat
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was so fun and charming. It had a light vibe that I found totally entertaining with really likable and wonderful characters. I had a blast reading this!

Ísa and Sailor were great together and I loved that playfulness and flirting between the two. They had this great teasing chemistry that was infectious. I loved learning their histories and thought there was really great character development. Sailor was so sweet. I loved his determination and perseverance in life and in pursuing Ísa. There
I love the whole Rock Kiss series but Rock Hard was definitely my favourite so I was thrilled when I found out that Nalini Singh was writing a spin off series about the rest of the Bishop/Esera brothers. They're such a tight-knit family so I was really looking forward to getting to know everyone better. If you've read Rock Hard then you'll have already met Sailor and Isa because Cherish Hard is actually set before Gabriel and Charlie's book but it was really fun to go back and see how they met a ...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Maybe 3.5 because it's Nalini Singh. I was really looking forward to this as Rock Hard has become one of my favourite re-reads. I've read it like four times since it came out. This one was just all right. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it. It is just, I don't know, ordinary.

I found the heroine to be a bit of whiner. I mean, she got hurt once and then she can't trust any man, can't trust one that works hard because he won't put her first, good Lord! Luvvy, most women get treated like cra
siriusedward
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆☆
The_Book_Queen
Hm. I liked this one, but I found it slow and lacking overall, and had some issues with a few things with the writing/story along the way.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I will be talking about the book on my next Whatcha Reading? podcast, which is now up on TBQ's Book Palace Saturday (11/18).

If you wish to look at some quotes/thoughts I highlighted, please check out my Twitter feed
Nalini Singh Fans: Cherish Hard #1 45 46 Aug 17, 2018 03:38PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 13 Dec 03, 2017 11:43AM
  • Falling Sweetly (Starling Falls, #2)
  • The Year of the Crocodile (Cyclone, #2.5)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • Tempting Fate (Colorado High Country, #4)
  • Ghost Walk
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • The One She Was Warned About
  • Stud for Hire (Stripped Down #1)
  • The Girl He Left Behind
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Carolina Dreaming (Dare Island, #5)
  • Destiny's Girl
  • Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass, #1)
  • Mine Under the Mistletoe
  • More Than Magic (Books of the Kindling, #1)
  • Jenny (Beach Brides #5)
  • Undiscovered (Amoveo Rising #1)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Hard Play (2 books)
  • Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)
“Never, not in her wildest dreams, had she dared to imagine that she'd be that important to someone. As if she was air and without her, he couldn't breathe.

"I love you too," she whispered. "And I forgive future Sailor for being a dumbass." Linking her arms around his neck, she spoke through the storm inside her. "In fact, I think future Sailor is going to be an incredible man I'll adore more with each and every day."

"Yeah?" His lips kicked up in that familiar smile, but there was a question in his eyes, a quiet hunger. "What's he going to do?"

Ísa knew what he was asking her, what he needed her to tell him. "He's going to be a man who works hard but who has time for the people he loves. And he definitely has time to get up to wicked things with a certain redhead."

"I like this guy's priorities already."

"He's also the kind of father who takes a turn doing the school run because he enjoys spending time with his child." It was scary doing this, laying out her dreams, but Sailor had given her everything.

Ísa would be brave enough to give him the same back. "He has time to play with his baby, and to kiss his wife, and even if he forgets things now and then, or if he gets a little busy for a while, it's all right because his wife and child and all the members of his family know they're loved beyond measure." Perfection had never been what Ísa wanted. "Because when it matters, he's there. He sees the people who love him."

Demon-blue eyes solemn, Sailor said, "I can do that." It was a vow. "I can be that guy."

"You already are." Ísa whispered. "You're my dream, Sailor."

But Sailor shook his head. "You ain't seen nothing yet, spitfire. I'm going to court the hell out of you." After a meditative pause, he added, "Nakedness during said courting is optional but highly encouraged."

He was wonderful. And he was hers.”
1 likes
“Wetting her throat, she managed to say, "Did you bring protection?"

Sailor froze. A second later, he groaned and dropped his head. "I hate myself right now," he said. "My cock hates me even more.”
1 likes