Start by marking “The Blood Curse (Spell Weaver, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Blood Curse (Spell Weaver, #3)

The Blood Curse

(Spell Weaver #3)

When Clio conned her way into the Underworld to steal magic from the notorious spell weavers of Chrysalis, she thought she was helping protect her homeland.

Instead, she exposed Lyre's most calamitous spell, and now her half-brother Bastian plans to wield it against the powerful Ra family. Clio and Lyre have to stop him before he can unleash it, but Bastian isn't their only
Published March 30th 2018 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Blood Curse, please sign up.
R I can't really answer this without spoiling but they will! She wrote Steel and Stone before this one so she added the characters after the fact.…moreI can't really answer this without spoiling but they will! She wrote Steel and Stone before this one so she added the characters after the fact. They'll be appearing in the new Blackfire series with Ash and Piper!(less)

✶Rachelle✶
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy, romance, ya
**I received an eARC from the author in exchange for my honest review**

5 Master Weaver stars

GUYS

I CAN'T

JUST....WOW....

The Blood Curse is the final book in the Spell Weaver trilogy, and the bridge to the next series: Steel and Stone. A per the usual Annette Marie guarantee, The Blood Curse DELIVERS. Action, romance, feels, plot twists....it has everything and it is done so well!

I won't go into plot stuff, since this is the third book. It does pick up right where book 2 left off, so there's no ti
mith
you can find my review on my blog as well!
---
Oh my god. I love this book. It’s easily my favourite book in the series, and maybe even my favourite of all of Marie’s books? IT IS SO GOOD, GUYS. So, so good. Perfect action, romance, and humour--I laughed so much while reading this because so many scenes were absolute gold.

The Blood Curse does not disappoint and I am over the moon.

I want to begin with Lyre because I adore him. Lyre is hilarious and in this book, he just shines. Most of his scenes
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has not influenced my review.*

This was the final book in the Spell Weaver trilogy (which is kind of a prequel to the Steel & Stone series, at least for me since I read Steel & Stone first), and it was just as amazing, action-packed, fast-paced, and gripping as all the other books. I had planned to read it over the course of several days, but I ended up reading it in two because I didn’t want to put it down.

One of the t
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Annette Marie is seriously spoiling me. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't an indie author that can put out more than one book each year! If I had to wait a year for each book she writes I die from the anticipation alone. Luckily, Marie loves to spoil us with her breathtaking worlds and characters that will shake your heart up.

I am so smitten and completely in love with this world that Annette Marie has created. This world is so ela
Stephanie Meehan
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Get ready for an emotional rollercoaster. I laughed, I screamed and cried so much crying. This book is amazing conclusion to a great trilogy. Clio and Lyre go through so much and every bit will keep on the edge of your seat. In my opinion, it is the best book in the series! If I could I would give it 10 stars. The writing is fantastic, Annette truly knows how to make you care and love her characters. Clio is such a strong woman that goes throu
AttWaq
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, read-2k19
4.5 Stars

The ending!!!!

This book was fabulous. I've learned that most of Annette Maries' books are. And I have been wondering where has she been for the rest of my life.
This book was heart-touching, true, emotional, full of humor and it touched me. I just wish I had read it before the Steel and Stone Series. I had loved Lyre a lot in the Steel and Stone Series, too, but now I just need a Lyre in my life.

As for all of Lyre's brothers:

(view spoiler)
Lonna | FLYLēF
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surely, there must be more? Full review to come...
Petra Špirhanzlová
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I can't stop swooning. The most satisfying ending to the trilogy with a promise of a next sequel series, what else can I ask for. The two main characters easily became my top favorite heroes in recent literature, I swear I didn't roll my eyes even once. No smut, no sloppy sex scenes which make me gag. Everything elegant, but don't get me wrong, it is not YA, the main character is incubus after all. Annette's writing is catchy, tasteful and highly original. Who wants to read more about fairies, s ...more
Jessica
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
I want this one out along with book 2.!!!!!!
Kitlina
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"I received an ARC from the author for an honest review!"

I don't even know how to start. If you ever see a puddle of goo on the street know that that's me. Melted me.
It's very hard for me to form coherent phrases right now as I've just finished and my thoughts are scattered throughout the Underworld, Overworld and Earth.
The love I feel for Lyre and Clio right now is immense. To have that strength of character. To be so loyal, loving, passionate. To put so much soul. To fight every second of eve
Katryne
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!

Beautifully written, a lot of action. Fights with sword, with magic, really well described. I had difficulties to stop reading and go to sleep!

A roller coaster of emotions, the third book in the trilogy does not disapoint and I can't wait for what's next!

I love how badass Clio can be with her mimic magic and Lyre too. I got really excited when I met another character I liked from the Steel & Stone series, it made me very happy.

A must-read, like all the other books from Annette Mar
Rachel Bonner
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just excellent, and can't wait for the next series in this universe.
Carolyn
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! So good! I need the next book in the universe!

Third (last) books are always scary...what will the author do? How do we wrap this story? The Blood Curse lacks a bit of the emotional connection, mainly because I read the Steel & Stone series so I know Lyre and Ash are fine. Also, Clio must be okay-ish as well, but we don't know how or where she is.

The events of Spell Weaver happen 5 years before the Steel & Stone. So it was very nice to see Lyre in a more assertive and lead role. Al
Lesley
5.0. This may be my favorite Annette Marie book yet!

Plot:
Blood Curse picks up where Spell Weaver left off. Clio and Lyre must find Bastian before he can use the KLOC. Along the way, they face a variety of daemons, including Madrigal and Lyceus.

Characters:
In my last review, I said that I had liked Clio in the first book and liked her even more in the second. Well, I like her even more in this one. She is just about unstoppable when she puts her mind to something. She has her weaknesses, but she
Sara Grossaint
Hoo-boy what a ride. Just so you know, this review also encompasses the epilogue Annette Marie sends to those who sign up for her mailing list. If you haven't read it, I would highly suggest it because, not only is it free, but it also ties up some loose ends for this book as well as for Unleash the Storm while also setting up the next series, Blackfire.

As for this book as a whole, though, damn. I mean, damn. I'd like to formally retract and strike from the record that I ever shipped Lyre and Pi
krista ☽
“Ten years from now, on the autumn solstice, I'll be here."

"I'll be waiting

if you follow my revieuws then you probably already know that Annette Marie is my favorite Author , she just never does worng with her storytelling everything flows so well together and touches my heart and if you didnt know well hello i love Annette Maire if you never readed anything by her then go start now because she is totally worth it ! this book was no diffrent from Anette her other books as in greatness. i am re
Lorraine Caruana
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After waiting for what seemed a lifetime for The Blood Curse, at long last I was given an ARC by the author and I could fulfill my heart's deepest literary desires.
All the anticipation and curiosity of what probably happened and what the possible outcome could be, finally, it was all answered in what is probably Annette Marie's best work to date. Picking up where the second book left off, we were taken straight back into the author's imagination and into the thick of things. Ms. Marie has given
Urban Fantasy Fanatic
I absolutely have loved, loved, loved this series so far, I can tell you now book 3 in the series doesn’t disappoint. OMG it’s soooooooooo good.

I’m not gonna give too much away because it should totally be read, especially if you’ve invested time into any of the other books.

The Spell Weaver series is a prequel to the Steel and Stone Series. I read the Steel and Stone Series first. I have really enjoyed watching Lyre and Ash’s character development in this series, it answers so many questions,
The problem with prequel novels is, you know the parameters of how they have to end. I've struggled with it since the end of book 1 when after the book was over it advertised the series that takes places after these and set five years later. I knew what had to be coming and dreaded it. It took what would have been a four star book and made it a three star book.

Lyre and Clio continue to grow. Clio is still a strange mix of competence when it comes to her magic, and naive when it comes to politics
Sara
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was SO GOOD!

All throughout the previous two books in the trilogy I’ve been wondering what happened?! (Pretty sure every reader has been asking the same agonising question!) I started to get little ideas in this book. Piecing it together and it worked so well!

This is the final book in the trilogy but acts as a sort of a prequel for the Steel & Stone series! And I am sooo glad that there will be a sequel! I’m not ready to say goodbye to these characters yet, and I’m praying we don’t have
Marika Muzsla
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review and... wow.
I don't even know where to start. I absolutely destroyed this book in a few hours - damn my ability to read fast.
There were so many feels. As always I'm taken aback by Annette Marie's writing ability, you actually feel like you're there, this book had to be my favourite out of the three - probably due to a particular Draconian being in this one more.
The ending is bittersweet and sort of sad, but at the same time oddly satisfying.
Would recommend
Maya
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So here’s the deal: I loved The Blood Curse. And I’m still a little surprised by how much I liked it. I was apprehensive going into this book because, if you’ve read the Steel and Stone series, you know there are some kinda important plot points that have to happen to connect the two series’. And somehow, even though I came up with way too many theories about what could happen at the end, I was wrong. About all of them. It was great.

Unexpectedly, I found that one of my favorite parts was the dif
Andrea Ahn
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: valentine
I really enjoyed this series. There was adventure, love, action and a whole lot of drama. The characters added in this book were definitely a good addition, and Clio and Lyre's budding romance is definitely worth the read. I am going to continue with the other series the author has written following the characters.
Aira
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
as someone who hasnt read the steel and stone series, I was heartbroken by the ending, I LOVED LOVED LOVED Lyre and Clio together!!!!
but now I'm hooked and excited that this isnt the end
Dee

BUT, I still liked it.

Vera
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I love this prequel trilogy. Lyre. YAAAAASSS.

Since book one, I wondered how their separation would come about. Would Clio die? Be kept prisoner somewhere? Left in a catatonic sleep, unable to reawaken until Lyre comes for her, sleeping beauty style. When it came to their parting - I was surprised. It wasn't what I was expecting, but explained a lot to how Lyre goes through the entire Steel & Stone books, mentioning Clio a grand total of ZERO times. It makes me want to go back and r
Marguerite
5 Stars!

Absolutely ah-mazing! Full review to come!

*Thank you to the author, Annette Marie, for providing me with an eARC of this book. I received this eARC in exchange for an honest review*
Blynn
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, she did Lyre proud!...Marie never disappoints, so I enjoyed this series a lot. The only sort of criticism I have is that the overall flow of the book was maybe too fast pace for me... I tend to like brief breathers in between all the action and this seemed like the characters running from one crisis to the next- which is SO not good for my blood pressure ;-)

I might still recommend you read the steel and stone series first, it was an excellent series (and a standalone as claimed), but I'm n
Ails
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ACTUAL RATING: 4.5 STARS

The author's Red Winter series is still my favorite, but I also thoroughly enjoyed this one! I really love the way she writes; just the right amount of angst/tension and sweetness in the romance department and a plot full of thrilling adventure. I'm certainly going to read her upcoming books!
Teigan
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the last and, in my opinion, probably the best book in the Spell Weaver series. With a well-paced story and the perfect amount of action, The Blood Curse isn't a disappointing conclusion, but rather one of those books one can simply read and enjoy mindlessly without thinking too hard because the plot is simple and straightforward. I also loved that Ash was such an integral component to this part of their journey, having read the Steel & Stone series and becoming overly attached to hi ...more
  • Charity's Storm (Charity, #4)
  • Penance (Imp World, #24)
  • Alpha's Last Fight (Scraptown Shifters, #1)
  • Isadora (The Chronicles of Kaya #3)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Angel of Mine
  • Familiar Things (A Book of All Hollows, #1)
  • Incubus Caged (The Incubus, #1)
  • Kiss of the Royal
  • More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Speak No Evil (Brotherhood, #2)
  • Cake: A Fairy Tale
  • Taming a Beast: Beauty and the Beast Fairy Tales
  • Peace Offering (Elfhome, #3.5)
  • Succubus Unleashed (The Telepathic Clans, #2)
  • Ragnarök Rising (The Omega Prophecy #1)
  • Rogue's Paradise (Covenant of Thorns, #3)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, and romantic fantasy trilogy Red Winter. Her first love is fantasy, but fast-paced urban fantasy, bold heroines, and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has politely inquired as to whether she intends to incl ...more

Spell Weaver (3 books)
  • The Night Realm (Spell Weaver, #1)
  • The Shadow Weave (Spell Weaver, #2)
“They came to the door of the ladies’ club and Ash reached for the handle. Before he could touch it, the door flew open and Lyre fell out, still dressed in the white waiter “uniform” and his arms full of his clothes and weapons. Shouts burst from the building’s interior.

“There you are!” Lyre blurted, wild-eyed. “Time to go.”

“What happened?” Ash barked.

Clio was still gawking when Lyre launched down the alley, leaving her and Ash to rush after him.

“Some women react poorly to rejection,” Lyre explained breathlessly. “Especially when they’ve paid a lot of money to not be rejected.”

“You blew your cover by rejecting her?” Ash snapped.

They fled down several alleys before Lyre skidded to a stop and whirled on Ash, still clutching his belongings.

“I’ll dress up in stupid costumes,” the incubus snarled with unexpected temper, “and I’ll pretend to be a paid whore, and I’ll even let a crucial informant pinch and paw at me.” He thrust an accusatory finger at Ash. “But I will not allow that nasty old hag’s tongue anywhere near me, not even to save the damn world!”

Ash blinked.

Scowling blackly, Lyre shoved his armload at Ash, then pulled a dagger from the pile and cut his leather-strap top off. “Next time, you can do the nasty stuff and I’ll kill people.”
1 likes
“Ten years from now, on the autumn solstice, I'll be here."

"I'll be waiting”