Start by marking “Relinquished Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Relinquished Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 2)

Relinquished Hood

(Red Hood Chronicles #2)

She didn't want any more werewolves in her life, now she has to live with one?

Geri Kline wishes her list of concerns began and ended with "human things." You know... How to dress for the first day of your new internship or which shoes go best with a silver dagger and a crossbow.

But when you're an outed red hood working in a company run by vampires, human concerns are trivial. Mo

Published October 9th 2017 by Tulipe Noire Press

To ask other readers questions about Relinquished Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relinquished Hood

Douglas Meeks
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great series but I fear that this book while clearing up a LOT of things is more of a information dump before what I hope is a much more satisfying book 3 that moves the story along a bit more.

Geri is still a bit of a mystery that we are being fed little pieces of which starts to get frustrating after a bit.

Bottom Line in this short review, lots of info, seems to be a couple of subplots and I can't wait for the next one but hope it is a bit more fulfilling than
Susan
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hooked

Geri is back and uncovering more vampire secrets. This series has really hooked me now. I couldn’t put it down! I need more of this twisted fairytale.
Tiblu
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Wasn't for me....

Felt too YA urban fantasy for me, also this has kept popping up in romance and it's NOT a romance even in the slightest....
I feel bad for Geri I do,deeply in love and having the one you love forced to another ....
But honestly it's all really weird because even you can tell she still has some feelings for her ex , I dint care I'd they were all pawns of her horrible crazy mother, it was only a year ago, she should be angry and maybe a touch bitter at the situation..
Kim Howard
3.5 Stars
This series has promise but it went a little slow for book two. It was still really good but it felt like nothing was answered and more questions were piled on. I'm hopeful that book three will clear things up and move the story more. The writing is good and the characters are engaging enough that I want to know what happens next. I'm optimistic that book three will fill in the gaps. Cautiously recommended.
Chantell Reid
I’m already anxious for the next. I love Kendrai’s twist to the paranormal realm.
I was totally cut off guard with the turn of events. And what is going on between Geri and Tobias...

Family drama, supernatural connections, the deeper truths uncovered...

Love it!
Fiona Weaver
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The character development from the first book is first class. I couldn’t put it down and I’m already on the next one. You’ll love it!
Erin Fraser
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Relinquished Hood picks up not too long after the end of Reluctant Hood. We find Geri Kline very surprised to learn that her internship with Igor Karmarov is still on, despite how things ended at the end of the first novel. Geri is joined for the summer by Tobias, a European werewolf who is now indebted to her for saving his life.

Geri’s personal mission is to find out what the vampires in Chicago are up to—why are they so interested in the werewolves? Once she realizes that her power
This Literary Life
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book for an honest review and I can tell you that, as with the first book in this series, I absolutely LOVED IT!! I was quickly sucked back into this original storyline and characters. I love Geri, she is absolutely my kind of heroine, snarky, badass (with a spine of steel) yet not to above it all to admit her wrongs, she is far from infallible. Tobias is a heartthrob through and through, a broken man with an inner strength that makes me mourn with him yet wa ...more
CL Runchey
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good

I couldn't put this book down. Looking forward to the next book in the series. Add this to a must read list.
Myriam
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kendrai-meeks
This was an amazing sequel and I honestly cannot wait to see what happens next. this book is full of action and unexpected developments. Geri dives deep inside the world of  the WWL corporation, as the secrets of their genetic research get revealed.
The complex friendship between Geri and Tobias develops and solidifies, as the new painful discoveries come to light and new interesting characters, crucial to the story are reveled. Geri's mother comes to the forefront with her inexplicable act
Susan Swanson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Relinquished Hood and will definitely continue with this series. In fact I'm going to get onto Amazon right now and order the next one. I enjoy the central characters and their growing, changing relationships. I missed Geri's roommate Amy, but understand that not every character can be in every book. I hope that Geri can develop more strong female relationships in the next book. But I do appreciate that she can have strong male relationships that are not romantic in nature. I enjo ...more
Emily Dickson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a whole new twist on the Red riding hood fairy tale. Our hood is Geri, and she is a fun, kick butt type of heroine that is so likeable as a character. All kinds of plots going on in the story with lots of action and some mystery. We have wolves of the were persuasion and vampires too. Of course lots of conflict within going on and a mother who is not my favorite character. That being said this is the second book and its even better than the last. This is one of those books that you hate ...more
Christina Luberts
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Still loving the storyline. The Hoods for Werewolves and Slayers for Vampires. At first when I started reading the book I was confused on The Seven Ravens part, but as you got further into the story it all became clear. Geri is still going against her mom. Cody is still having Tobias protect her. She is now working in WWL to try to find out what happened to the Werewolves that disappeared. I don’t want to say too much on the book and ruin everything so I will leave it at that. I can’t wait for t ...more
Susan Harrowa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the last book!

The legacy of Little Red Riding Hoods descendants continues. This one definitely had me hooked from the first paragraph. So much so that I read it in one sitting. And the chemistry between Geri and Tobias is undeniable, even though both insist on trying to deny it. Can't believe I have to wait 3 months for the next chapter of this story! Old legends, werewolves, vampires, I'm ready, bring on more!
Lexicdark
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keeps getting better!

Meeks has done a fantastic job keeping us on our toes with this part of the story. Just when you are sure you know what is going to happen, you are spun about and pointed in another direction.
Emilie Mcdonald
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A highly enjoyable and fresh spin on an old fairy tale. I look forward to more in this series.
Leonella
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I NEED the next book to happen right now.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
OMG. This series just keeps getting better and better. Can’t wait until February.
Emma Mills
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable!

This story just keeps getting better and better. I am loving the new twists and the introduction of Caleb. Bring on book three.
Curly's  Ramblings
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Decent read; A little slow with action; Has some interesting unexpected twists and new characters.
Shellee Lederhose
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

Love the evolution and interaction of the characters. Another fantastic storyline. Cannot wait to read book three, Geri is an awesome lass to read about.
Mooncat
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
As with the first one, I'm still torn. Still, 4 stars, and that only thanks to the intruiging world, plus the truly magnificently funny language.
But storywise ... I love Geri and the other characters, truly, yet, especially Geri, though supposedly clever and smart conveniently ignores fairly obvious clues, only to later 'suddenly' have it somehow revealed. That gets on my nerves, as well as her blind hate for her mother, even though it's obvious she is only acting the way she does out of l
Marie Arnold
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book. The sequel to Reluctant hood the red hood chronicles.
It was fast paced and had enough action to keep me needing more. I really like the way the friendship between Geri and Tobias is going and this book also has a few new characters introduced with some interesting backstories.
You will love it if your a fan of supernatural/fantasy type books.
Lisa P
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bring on the Ravens

Great continuation of the story - picks up right where book 1 left off. Lots of guessing who could be trusted as well as plenty of twists. Still leaves a lot to figure out as far as Geri's parents are concerned. Plenty of chemistry and possible chemistry between Geri, Caleb, and Tobias.
Michelle Gaddis
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I give

So I gave book 2 a chance. But I give up its the same thing over and over. It's very slow moving and hardly any action. I had to force myself to finish. I don't know if I'll be able to read book 3 after this.
Samantha
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still. Fun and fast paced

The series has quirks and plot enough to keep you entertained. The heroine is open to those around her unlike some that show their strength through intractable traits. It’s A fun read
Louise
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Geri has really grown on me, and the twists and turns of this story are brilliant. The science that's explained mixed in with the supernatural element is really clever. Really worth reading.
Toni
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alternative modern red riding hood

2nd book in the series with a wonderfully different take on Red Riding Hood, Werewolves, and other legendary characters. Well worth reading.
Jackie
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing first book by this writer. Is an intriguing character and is perfectly written for this story. Can’t wait to read the next book.
MichelleG
Espionage, Guilt and Secrets...

Espionage, Guilt and Secrets are the fuel that drive this book. Gerri is learning to operate as a normal human and is donning her espionage hat to skulk around vamp central secrets she can barely begin to fathom and is propelled by guilt and pain to overcome her seeming reluctance to help which she sees as the reason why her now protected Tobias’ mate was killed.

It’s a tangled web, and the ending it yet again, very frustrating, but it does its job and no

Red Hood Chronicles (4 books)
  • Reluctant Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 1)
  • Ravening Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 3)
  • Rebellious Hood (Red Hood Chronicles Book 4)