Start by marking “Dating Disasters of Emma Nash” as Want to Read:
Dating Disasters of Emma Nash

Dating Disasters of Emma Nash

(Emma Nash Series #1)

Don’t miss the laugh-out-loud novel of the year!

Online, you can choose who you want to be. If only real life were so easy…

Emma Nash may be down, but after months of wallowing, stalking her ex online and avoiding showering—because, really, who’s going to care?—Emma’s ready to own her newly single status, get out with her friends and chronicle her dating adventures on her pr
Published May 1st 2018 by Harlequin Teen (first published 2017)

Emily May
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily May by: Tatiana
How long are you supposed to wait for a kiss to happen, before leaving?
Then his head whacked me in the face. It was nice, I think.

I want to say I have no idea why Dating Disasters of Emma Nash (Editing Emma in the UK) has such a low average rating on Goodreads, but if I'm being honest, I think I do. I mean, Emma is ridiculous. She chases around after, and obsesses over, this boy who seems like a prick. She makes all kinds of terrible decisions, and mopes for far longer than anyone should ever
Em Lost In Books
3.5*. This was super fun.
Tatiana
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Georgia Nicholson
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kirkus
Shelves: 2018, ppb, ya
12/22/2018

What does it say about me that I have to reread a book I read in May of 2018 because I can’t remember enough details to understand its sequel?

Original review

If you like Louise Rennison (RIP) and occasionally enjoy a silly romp about teen girls obsessing about boys and acting dumb as much as I do (how else would I relive the sweet memories of me crying in a school bathroom over some pimply boy?), this book is not a bad choice. The humor is not as strong as Rennison’s - it doesn’t land q
Maddie
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ukya
So, you know when a book is constantly blurbed as hilarious and 'laugh-out-loud' worthy, and you get kinda anxious because the expectation is so high for this to be a Funny Book? Well, for me, 'Editing Emma' totally deserved this praise! It's actually a miracle, because I find it really difficult to get on board 'funny books' as they often feel like rehearsed skits to me. But Emma's relationship with all of the guys she dates, her best friends and her mum hit all levels of enjoyment:
a) the laugh
Erin
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
A cute angst riddled YA novel with a cast of characters that carry the authentic voices of actual teenagers. Boy troubles, parental problems, and helping friends with their problems- that is the life of 16 year old Emma Nash. I can definitely see this appealing to a few of my grade 8 and 9 female readers.
Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Ella
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My ex is called Leon 💀💀
Kelly

Editing Emma is such a refreshing read. It is funny in all the right places, witty where it needs to be and honest. Before picking up the book I had heard whispers of comparison to Louise Rennison’s series and it took only a couple of pages for me to see why. It is filled with hilarious anecdotes that are so relatable I couldn’t help but cackle to myself.

Emma has been ghosted by her ‘boyfriend’ Leon and after taking what she deems as adequate time for self-pity, she takes to stalking hi
Stacey (prettybooks)
Editing Emma features the word 'masturbation' more than any other book I've read. It's crazy, if you think about it, because most of what I read is contemporary YA. The genre is supposed to be realistic. It's supposed to tell stories of what it's like to be a teenager: school, friends, heartbreak, family and everything in between, so you think there'd be more talk of sex. Go you, Chloe.

When 16-year-old Emma is 'ghosted' by the boy she is 'dating' (they were dating, right?! She didn't just imagin
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 4.5 stars

I picked up this book at the perfect time, while I was going through a period of self-realisation. (You can read about it in my mid-year review.) Why perfect? Because this book is all about Emma and her own self-discovery. Yes, there's a lot going on in it to do with boys and school and so on, but those aren't the point. Editing Emma is about Emma growing up (a bit). And despite a
Thamy
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reminiscent of early-2000's YA's, this funny story goes about a teenager trying to understand the end of her relationship and move on.

Since she's been ghosted by her then boyfriend and now Anna/Apple's boyfriend Leon, Emma blogs about how she's not coping at all. Until she reaches a big low and decides it's time to stop stalking Leon and Apple and edit herself. The story follows her disastrous attempts to find a replacement for Leon when he is all she really wants.

3.5.

It had been a 4-star for a
Samidha Kalia
*NOTE: A review copy of the book was provided in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. I would like to thank the publisher for the copy*

Review :

🌟🌟🌟
Don’t worry so much about meeting someone else I like. Be a version of MYSELF I like.

Editing Emma was light, short and a very summerish contemporary Young-Adult novel. It is told by Emma and her blog updates, which blog this might be we have no idea, but my guess is tumblr because she literally uploads every minute of every day. Em
Cyn | READ?
2 stars :/

Easy to read since it's written as blog posts. I didn't like Emma. I thought this book was going to have more of Emma's dating mishaps but it was just her getting over this one ass. The humor was not my cup of hot chocolate (I'm not a tea or coffee girl)

(view spoiler)
Chelsea
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it

Yet another books that I was pulled in to the hype for right when it releases. I have to say I was pretty excited to pick this up because who doesn't like reading about other people's lives being a disaster so you can forget about yours for some time. I'm pretty sure that I finished this book in just about two days because it was so easy to read and quick as well.

This book is written in blog post form by our main character Emma. Emma has spent all summer living a hermit life at home while wallo
James
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial thoughts: HILARIOUS AND GENUINE AND SO UNEXPECTEDLY GOOD.

Time commitment: I read this in like one day, though I would like to re-read it at a somewhat slower pace.

What it promises: Too lazy to hunt down my copy mid-book organisation to see what it was billed as, but I'm almost certain it would've been 'laugh out loud.'

What it delivers: Genuinely a book that made me LAUGH, multiple times. It's hilarious as fuck, yet doesn't lack substance. Seagar is really very, very good with humour,
Leah
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2017
Not a fan of this one. I thought it sounded interesting and it's perfect for Louise Rennison fans... but I just didn't get the hype. It's supposed to be a blog, but I've never seen a blog where someone posts so much, unless it's a Tumblr and even then, it was fairly dull. Yes, it's open about sexuality and stuff but Emma just baffles me. She's clearly suffering after her break up with Leon (which we know nothing about really, so it's kinda hard to care) yet she's obsessed with finding a new lad ...more
Holly Sparks
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT A HILARIOUS AND UTTERLY AMAZING READ!!

Chloe Seager you are officially a queen. This book had me laughing like I had just swollen chewits the wrong way and then spat them back out on my brothers neck or something!

Gosh...

I cannot explain how awesome this book is. I won't stop recommending this now—to like EVERYONE!

Emma was an exquisite and refreshing main lead who I just really want to be BFF's with and throw cookies at!

Five stars to this amazing read!
Becky
This was truly SO funny. I honestly felt like I had been transported back to my early teen years — talking about periods, boys, crushes, sexuality and school. It was honestly brilliant; immensely captivating, thoroughly funny and a lot of fun whilst also dealing with topics that are rarely discussed in YA literature.

— periods are discussed in detail, not just a passing comment here and there. They are actually discussed properly - how they feel, how they make you feel, how awful they can be etc.
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: First-love, funny, friendship, family, forthright.

This book was the perfect mood-booster, and I loved the performance by Charlie Sanderson for the audiobook.

I liked the way the story was told, the personal blog posts, it really felt like I was in Emma's head. And I thought the story was great - a dramatic tale of friendship, first love, and self discovery. It's realistic, slightly cringey at times, and it doesn't shy away from what being a teen is like. It really takes a long hard look
Luna
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book on NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.
This book was an enjoyable, lighthearted read which I was able to read in an afternoon, however I felt that there were some problems.
There wasn’t a certain direction the plot seemed to be going so the book seemed drawn out and read like it followed the daily life of Emma, but didn’t really seem to have any interesting points. I found myself getting bored in some sections that I found unnecessary for the quality of the book. You
Kalliste
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** I received this book for free from Netgalley in return for an honest review ***

I really enjoyed this book. Although it was nearly entirely done through blog posts and messages it flowed well.

Editing Emma had a lot of themes that I'm sure teenagers these days can relate to and it was quite refreshing to see Emma and her friends all (mostly) discussing masturbation openly and showing that 'yes, this is something girls do too!'

Although Emma isn't always likable and I would find myself getting
Ellyn   → Allonsythornraxx
WOW, I really thought I was going to love this book but boy was I wrong. From page one I knew that this book and I were not going to get along. I completely abhorred basically everything about this and I am so mad about it.

RTC
Mehsi
I am still not sure what to rate this... on the one hand this was hilarious, fun, and quite awkward.. But on the other hand I wanted to whack Emma a lot of times, her obsession with Leon was creepy and dumb, she treated people like shit (like Greg or Laurence, then again not too caring about Laurence, more soon), she acted like she was all that (no you are not). So I am going for 2.5 stars.

This review will be a bit chaotic.

At first it was quite sad to see Emma be so destroyed over a short relati
Laura Noakes
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not often I read a YA contemp that I can't bare to put down. I have owned this book for a matter of hours and already devoured it. This is fresh and funny, and Emma's voice is so authentically teen like I'm still half convinced she's a real-life blogger.

I adored the convo's about sex, masturbation, feminism and sexuality--because, THESE ARE THINGS TEENS TALK ABOUT!

This is a bit of a rambling incoherent review, but as a tween/tween I remember reading and re-reading the Georgia Nicolson books
Crisanda (Sapphire)

I didn't really like Emma and her mopiness was really annoying. But there are some surprising insights and hilarity scattered across the book. And I loved Faith and Steph. So it was worth the read.
Elyse (ElyseReadsandSpeaks)
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

What an enjoyable quick read. Emma is (unfortunately) highly relatable. I honestly won't believe you if you try to tell me that you didn't act like that over a boy in high school. We all did. And man, thinking of those moments make me cringe as much as I cringed for Emma when she was making a fool out of herself. It gets better, Emma Nash.

Was this a thought-provoking Pulitzer prize winner? No, but it was a fun, light-hearted, make-you-laugh kind of book. It was a good time. Emma is hig
Hélène Louise
A very engaging read, with a lot of British humour, a modern point of view (the whole intrigue is around social medias) and an interesting heroin.
The book isn't a romance, but much more the psychological evolution of Emma, who makes wrong choice over wrong choice, but learns trough them.
I'll certainly read the sequel!
Christine
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the perspective of a teacher: WHERE IS THIS SCHOOL'S BEHAVIOUR POLICY? WHY ARE THEY ALL ON THEIR PHONES IN LESSONS? WHY DON'T THE TEACHERS JUST CONFISCATE THE PHONES?

Also: Emma would be really irritating to teach, what with the constant lateness, chattiness, going-to-the-toilet-to-go-on-the-phone-ness and general on-the-phone-ness.

That said, if the school/teachers had better behaviour management going on, these things probably wouldn't be a problem.

Those observations aside, I loved it!
theresa 🌸🥑
i LOVED this book so much.it was such a fun and easy read.Emma is one of my favourite MC and so hilarious and honest.also all the Gilmore Girls references warmed up my soul.also Leon is a dICk.🙄
Rebecca
this was such a laugh. so happy to hear there's going to be a second instalment bc I loved Emma and I loved how refreshing and honest this book was.
Lizzie (Littlehux) Huxley-Jones
When I was a teenager, my shelves were bursting with Louise Rennison. I would live for the release of the next book, each in their slightly sparkly hardbacks, absolutely stuffed with hilarious stories of Georgia and the Sex God.

I met Chloe in a bar a few months back, where we awkwardly both managed to separately butt into a private party upstairs then identified we were both book people by our choice of literary tote bags. We had a long chat about the importance of Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• This Beats Perfect (This Beats Perfect #1)
  • Deep Water
  • Super Awkward
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart
  • A Change Is Gonna Come
  • Drop
  • Air (Blue #2)
  • Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)
  • Second Best Friend
  • Countless
  • Love Bomb (Ladybirds, #2)
  • The Fallen Children
  • Fashion Assassin (Jessica Cole: Model Spy, #2)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The State of Grace
  • Indigo Donut
  • Nightwanderers
  • Misfit
Chloe Seager grew up in East London with her Mum and much-loved cat, Katie. She studied English Literature and Drama at the University of East Anglia, where she sadly realised she couldn't act, but did rediscover her love of children's books. Studying them on her favourite module, Children's Literature, made her wonder why grown-ups ever stopped reading them. She now works with them full-time as a ...more

Emma Nash Series (2 books)
  • Friendship Fails of Emma Nash
“EVIDENCE: Heed my warning. DO NOT make life decisions that will actually affect your future based around someone you like. Even if you think you may ‘love’ them. It is not worth it. You will end up like me. I am doing a whole extra AS level because I am an idiot .” 7 likes
“How do YOU want to greet him?!”

“By licking his neck?”