Start by marking “The Perfect Roommate” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Roommate

The Perfect Roommate

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  1,813 Ratings  ·  239 Reviews
She’s my roommate.

I know how she takes her tea, how she organizes her closet.

I know when she goes to bed each night, what she eats for breakfast, the passcode on her phone.

I know she calls her mother on Mondays, takes barre on Thursdays, and meets her friends for drinks on Fridays.

But more important than any of that … I know what she did.
Published January 19th 2018

Kendall
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"All I needed was a cheap room to rent. I didn't plan this, I swear."

My friends you are in for a WILD ride!!

Over the last 2-3 weeks, I have been having a serious dud of reads and was getting into a book slump. I was thinking about how I wasn't enjoying reading as much due to the disappointing reads I have come across lately. BUT, I should have known Minka would deliver a spicy, epic, and thrilling ride. So, thank you to Minka. ;)

The Perfect Roommate is fast paced addicting read that grabs you
Nazanin
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, mystery, thriller
3.5-3.75 Stars

"I think people who seem perfect are the ones with the most flaws. They just do a better job at hiding them."

The Perfect Roommate is a fast-paced Mystery/Thriller and the writing was good enough to hold my interest and keep reading it. It was unpredictable and I was wrong about the plot! I mean, I first thought that girl (Meadow) was jealous, but then thought she is obsessed, and then thought nope she’s just crazy! But I was so wrong! The story was totally in another direction!! Ju
Helga
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime, mystery
"...Do we ever truly know anyone or are we only seeing what they want us to see?"

The Perfect Roommate was no The Memory Watcher. Not even close! But had so many similarities to the latter that sometimes I felt it is the same character speaking.
The beginning was good and intriguing, albeit a bit whine-y, in a “I am poor, she is rich; so I’m good, she is a bitch” kind of way. I didn’t know if someone can’t afford to buy a 2200$ handbag she is considered poor. Or if someone doesn’t like Sushi, she
Dita
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously entertaining and creepy.
Shannon
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent is a faced past mystery/thriller. I thoroughly enjoyed this one! If you have read The Memory Watcher then you know why I had to get my hands on this!

Meadow is an awkward college student. She’s poor and she is almost forced to live in her until she sees an add for a roommate. Lauren, who posted the ad, is total opposite of Meadow. She’s pretty, rich and has friends. They meet and Lauren decides to rent the room to Meadow and befriends her. Meadow meets all of La
Tammie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-dark
I really enjoyed this one. Highly recommend to readers that love thrillers.
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
After being evicted from her apartment, college student Meadow answers an online ad for a room for rent. She meets Lauren, who is looking for a roommate in order to save some money, and they instantly click - Meadow moves in right away.

As the girls develop a friendship, Meadow can't help but feel like she's finally found a true friend - that is, until she sees Lauren doing something she shouldn't be doing, and her entire opinion of Lauren changes, and Meadow can't help but feel uneasy...

The Per
Amy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
4.5/5

Last year I devoured Kent’s debut, The Memory Watcher and was totally blown away. The Perfect Roommate had all the same elements that I loved and once again I read this in one holding my breath sitting.

This opens with Meadow heading to check out a new place and meeting her potential new roommate, Lauren. Lauren is everything that Meadow isn’t, she’s wealthy, stylish and sophisticated and Meadow is in awe. The sense of uneasiness is palpable right from the beginning, you just know that this
Lisa-Books Smiles
I only have one word to describe my thoughts for this book....NOPE!
Lora
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and quick paced read! It was written so well and really held my interest. There were some twists and turns but then...that. last. sentence. (or I guess 2 sentences lol) Oh my!!! Loved it.
Bill Kupersmith
Meadow is so crude vulgar and materialistic that I can scarcely believe she’s an English major - never reads a book. Dying of class envy. Loved the ‘Louis clutch’ (not a car part) and the sexy English prof with the ‘signature messenger bag’ too. May not be the worst written selection ever seen, but well down there.
Kate
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Don't really have too much feedback on this one. I found it to be predictable and was not impressed with Minka Kent's writing. I felt like it kind of had the vibe of a bad lifetime original movie, if that makes sense. I felt like by page 10 I had it figured out and my predictions were for the most part accurate.

One of the things I aim to do when reviewing is to always try to find a positive no matter how disappointed I may be in the book. That being said, I liked the plot twist at the end of th
Holly  B

Review to follow
Bev
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Meadow and Lauren are room mates. At first I wasn't sure what to make of these two. They are so opposite, but then they start to become friends and that's when things start going wrong. Meadow starts to change, and not really for the better. This is a wonderfully written story about how people can change and you never see what is happening before you. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from Hidden Gems.
Book Club Mom
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Is there such a thing as a perfect college roommate? Lauren Wiedenfeld and Meadow Cupples are about to find out. Lauren’s been looking for someone to help with the rent and Meadow is desperate for a place to live. But the college seniors couldn’t be more different. Lauren is rich and beautiful and knows the ins and outs of the Meyer State College party scene. Meadow spends most of her time studying and working for the Sparkle Shine Cleaning Company. They could be good for each other, right?

But t
Smay Prangley
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book, but I don’t think I enjoyed it. Meadow was confusing to understand and it frustrated me how much she “talked” about being an individual and not being like anyone else, yet morphing into both of her flat mates like it was no big deal. I didn’t find myself warming to any of the characters and I feel like the ending all happened way too fast and was a bit of a “movie” ending
Virginia
2.5 Stars for me, this was a very quick read just over 200 pages and actually when I finished it I was left thinking that was it? It left me wanting more and with the twist ending I just didn't buy it. This book seemed tailored to a more younger audience but I did complete it and I finished quickly which is why I gave it 2.5 Stars.
Amber Myott
May 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this read like a midday tv movie . Annoying characters and quite a silly ending .
Becky Baldridge
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Perfect Roommate is well-written and the author has a writing style that pulls a reader in and keeps them turning pages. There is an interesting twist at the end, some I saw coming and some I didn't, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a psychological thriller. The story is a bit reminiscent of Mean Girls with Meadow, the loner who just goes along to be included, and the social butterflies who take her under their wing. Meadow is an intriguing, if not exactly likable, character. She's manipul ...more
Lady Delacour
Story was ok.
Fairly predictable.
Listened with TTS
Clean except for Foul Language
Lesley
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
this book was kind of stupid in a fluffy entertaining way. there was no real suspense! and meadow, make up your mind, you can't be all individual but want to be liked soooo much. good thing this book is cheap!
babsi
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow- this story had me from the beginning. Before I started reading I thought, that this would not be for me because the main-protagonists are students. As it turned out I was hooked from page one! I really love the first sentence “It’s a pretty little house with an ugly address”. So I couldn’t help but keep on reading!
The story starts off gentle and the further you get into it the more speed it gathers! Just as you think you worked out a character you’ll unravel something new!
Nothing is as it s
Stacy Kirkpatrick-Marlton
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC- Copy provided for an honest review
No Spoilers

Minka Kent never disappoints! I am in love with her writing style.

This one had me from page one, the intrigue that every page gives you keeps you wanting to know what was happening next. I love how the author gives you the complete story like a Hansel and Gretel walk in the woods, she leaves you wanting and needing to know and leaves you running to the next page needing to know what is happening and why it is happening. You need to know what Mea
Pamela
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Fast paced! Suspenseful! Great hook! Interesting characters! Exciting climax! Satisfying denouement!
April Symes
The Perfect Roommate comes off as a well written story and I like the author’s style of writing which pulled me into her story from the beginning but somewhere in the middle of the story, the writing seemed to go sideways. I wasn’t sure if the characters just were not clicking with me or if the storyline seemed a bit too pat to come off as it did. “21-year-old Meadow is broke and living in her car when she finds an ad looking for a roommate. Pretty Lauren takes Meadow in and everything is great… ...more
*Ritzrenee*
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
The twist caught me off guard!
A super short mystery book

I guess this story had a huge potential but somehow it was not made full use in this book. That said, I enjoyed the anticipation. Thankfully, it was also a super fast read.
Janie
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty darn good!
Jayme
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller-tbr
Whomp Whomp! The author definitely has a writing style that draws me in and keeps me awake reading, late into the night. But, just like with The Memory Watcher, I found the ending to be both “hard to buy into” and rushed leaving me less than satisfied in the end. 🤔😕
Jessica
Not a page turner, but it would make a good movie

I wanted to love this book. I wanted this to be a stay-up-all night read that I couldn't put down. Sadly, although I didn't hate this book, I can't say I loved it. I did like the main character's descriptions of herself, both her past and her present. I was able to picture her experiences perfectly, and I related to her in multiple ways. I also loved how she described her changes after moving in with Lauren. I also liked her descriptions of Lauren
Katy Askeland
3.5 Stars
I'm struggling with how to review this book. Did I enjoy it? Yes. It has the right formula for a thriller novel with its short chapters. I completed this book in less than 24 hours because it kept me turning the pages.

So, why am I only giving it 3.5 stars? I think it's because I felt the main character was a bit off somehow. Here she is trying trying to fit in with a bunch of sociopaths, as well as trying to figure out the killer, but she seems like a bit of a sociopath herself. It was

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
  • Horrorstör
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
  • Since We Fell
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Monkey's Raincoat (Elvis Cole, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“If I were a super hero , social awkwardness would be my power. My entire life, I’ve struggled to get out of my head, constantly overanalyzing every little word or movement or shift of a gaze. I’ve learned it’s easier to sit back and shut up. I find I don’t make as much of a fool out of myself that way. Quietude has become the law of my land, with silence being my official language.” 1 likes
“Sometimes we die a little so we can be reborn, stronger than we were before.” 1 likes