Start by marking “The Perfect Roommate” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Roommate

The Perfect Roommate

She’s my roommate.

I know how she takes her tea, how she organizes her closet.

I know when she goes to bed each night, what she eats for breakfast, the passcode on her phone.

I know she calls her mother on Mondays, takes barre on Thursdays, and meets her friends for drinks on Fridays.

But more important than any of that … I know what she did.
Published January 19th 2018

Start your review of The Perfect Roommate
Kendall
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"All I needed was a cheap room to rent. I didn't plan this, I swear."

My friends you are in for a WILD ride!!

Over the last 2-3 weeks, I have been having a serious dud of reads and was getting into a book slump. I was thinking about how I wasn't enjoying reading as much due to the disappointing reads I have come across lately. BUT, I should have known Minka would deliver a spicy, epic, and thrilling ride. So, thank you to Minka. ;)

The Perfect Roommate is fast paced addicting read that grabs you
Nazanin
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, mystery, thriller
3.5-3.75 Stars

"I think people who seem perfect are the ones with the most flaws. They just do a better job at hiding them."

The Perfect Roommate is a fast-paced Mystery/Thriller and the writing was good enough to hold my interest and keep reading it. It was unpredictable and I was wrong about the plot! I mean, I first thought that girl (Meadow) was jealous, but then thought she is obsessed, and then thought nope she’s just crazy! But I was so wrong! The story was totally in another direction!! Ju
Dita
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously entertaining and creepy.
Helga
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, crime
"...Do we ever truly know anyone or are we only seeing what they want us to see?"

The Perfect Roommate was no The Memory Watcher. Not even close! But had so many similarities to the latter that sometimes I felt it is the same character speaking.
The beginning was good and intriguing, albeit a bit whine-y, in a “I am poor, she is rich; so I’m good, she is a bitch” kind of way. I didn’t know if someone can’t afford to buy a 2200$ handbag she is considered poor. Or if someone doesn’t like Sushi, she
Shannon
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent is a faced past mystery/thriller. I thoroughly enjoyed this one! If you have read The Memory Watcher then you know why I had to get my hands on this!

Meadow is an awkward college student. She’s poor and she is almost forced to live in her until she sees an add for a roommate. Lauren, who posted the ad, is total opposite of Meadow. She’s pretty, rich and has friends. They meet and Lauren decides to rent the room to Meadow and befriends her. Meadow meets all of La
Tammie
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-dark
I really enjoyed this one. Highly recommend to readers that love thrillers.
Amy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
4.5/5

Last year I devoured Kent’s debut, The Memory Watcher and was totally blown away. The Perfect Roommate had all the same elements that I loved and once again I read this in one holding my breath sitting.

This opens with Meadow heading to check out a new place and meeting her potential new roommate, Lauren. Lauren is everything that Meadow isn’t, she’s wealthy, stylish and sophisticated and Meadow is in awe. The sense of uneasiness is palpable right from the beginning, you just know that this
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
After being evicted from her apartment, college student Meadow answers an online ad for a room for rent. She meets Lauren, who is looking for a roommate in order to save some money, and they instantly click - Meadow moves in right away.

As the girls develop a friendship, Meadow can't help but feel like she's finally found a true friend - that is, until she sees Lauren doing something she shouldn't be doing, and her entire opinion of Lauren changes, and Meadow can't help but feel uneasy...

The Per
Lisa-Books Smiles
I only have one word to describe my thoughts for this book....NOPE!
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
A fun romp into why you should always vet the person you potentially could live with. And if it seems too perfect, it probably is!

An introvert rooms with an extrovert and brings her into her world.. changing the way she dresses, her hair and even (potentially unintentionally) her character. She's blown away at this new world and just wants to fit in. Can't go home - her mom and her many boyfriends are terrible. What's wrong with being a part of a social group for once and getting out there? Too
Nikki
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 rounded up to 4 stars!

The Perfect Roommate is an interesting psychological thriller, that might make you rethink living with a roommate! This is a quick, fast-paced novel that I enjoyed. I really like the author's writing style.. very descriptive and spot-on to today's fads/behaviors/etc. The personalities of the characters are perfectly captured. The suspense and movement of this novel are well done also.

Overall, an enjoyable read. My rating would have been higher, but I did feel that som
J.A. Schneider
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a terrific psychological thriller!! Read this right after I read The Memory Watcher, and Minka Kent is now one of my favorite authors. What tricks she plays! Meadow, the narrator of this story, can't believe her luck when she answers an ad for a roommate. Turns out, the person who placed the ad was Lauren, a pretty and popular gal who Meadow recognized from one of her college classes. Meadow, by contrast, is socially awkward and has gone through life pretty much invisible.

Suddenly Meadow is
Kate
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Don't really have too much feedback on this one. I found it to be predictable and was not impressed with Minka Kent's writing. I felt like it kind of had the vibe of a bad lifetime original movie, if that makes sense. I felt like by page 10 I had it figured out and my predictions were for the most part accurate.

One of the things I aim to do when reviewing is to always try to find a positive no matter how disappointed I may be in the book. That being said, I liked the plot twist at the end of th
Bill Kupersmith
Meadow is so crude vulgar and materialistic that I can scarcely believe she’s an English major - never reads a book. Dying of class envy. Loved the ‘Louis clutch’ (not a car part) and the sexy English prof with the ‘signature messenger bag’ too. May not be the worst written selection ever seen, but well down there.
Lora
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and quick paced read! It was written so well and really held my interest. There were some twists and turns but then...that. last. sentence. (or I guess 2 sentences lol) Oh my!!! Loved it.
Holly  B

Review to follow
Donna Backshall
What an odd little book we have in The Perfect Roommate.

I loved the quirks and the insight of the awkwardly snarky main character, Meadow. I enjoyed seeing the world through her introverted and jaded eyes. I loved how I was able to envision the apartment, the parents' houses, the campus, all of it. Everything was so vivid and insightful.

But the story and the mysteries it contained seemed so very rushed. When the twists came, I hardly had time to finish the transitioning sentence before the chang
Bev
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Meadow and Lauren are room mates. At first I wasn't sure what to make of these two. They are so opposite, but then they start to become friends and that's when things start going wrong. Meadow starts to change, and not really for the better. This is a wonderfully written story about how people can change and you never see what is happening before you. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book from Hidden Gems.
Bren
“If I were a super hero , social awkwardness would be my power".

The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent

Another great read from Minka Kent. This lady knows how to write! I enjoyed every minute of this wild ride.

I should say I was hesitant to read this. Why? Because it is a thriller about roommates. I was afraid it would be like "Single White Female" which I LOATHED and which has the dubious honor of being on my "worst books ever list".

I need not have worried. This was a gripping and fast paced psych
Tammie
She's my roommate.

I know how she takes her tea, how she organizes her closet.

But more important than any of that ... I know what she did.

This is the second book I've read by Minka Kent, and I wanted to like this as much as I liked When I was You, but this one was not as intriguing. Don
Book Club Mom
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Is there such a thing as a perfect college roommate? Lauren Wiedenfeld and Meadow Cupples are about to find out. Lauren’s been looking for someone to help with the rent and Meadow is desperate for a place to live. But the college seniors couldn’t be more different. Lauren is rich and beautiful and knows the ins and outs of the Meyer State College party scene. Meadow spends most of her time studying and working for the Sparkle Shine Cleaning Company. They could be good for each other, right?

But t
Becky Baldridge
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The Perfect Roommate is well-written and the author has a writing style that pulls a reader in and keeps them turning pages. There is an interesting twist at the end, some I saw coming and some I didn't, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a psychological thriller. The story is a bit reminiscent of Mean Girls with Meadow, the loner who just goes along to be included, and the social butterflies who take her under their wing. Meadow is an intriguing, if not exactly likable, character. She's manipul ...more
Smay Moore
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book, but I don’t think I enjoyed it. Meadow was confusing to understand and it frustrated me how much she “talked” about being an individual and not being like anyone else, yet morphing into both of her flat mates like it was no big deal. I didn’t find myself warming to any of the characters and I feel like the ending all happened way too fast and was a bit of a “movie” ending
Virginia
2.5 Stars for me, this was a very quick read just over 200 pages and actually when I finished it I was left thinking that was it? It left me wanting more and with the twist ending I just didn't buy it. This book seemed tailored to a more younger audience but I did complete it and I finished quickly which is why I gave it 2.5 Stars.
Amber
May 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this read like a midday tv movie . Annoying characters and quite a silly ending .
Jannelies
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit-mystery
Not bad, easy to read, but with some strange characters. There is a pregnant woman who wants to name her baby girl after her mothers' maiden name... Poor child. Although Meadow and Lauren are in their twenties, sometimes they behave like sixteen year olds. Still, a fast and sometimes entertaining read.
Lesley
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
this book was kind of stupid in a fluffy entertaining way. there was no real suspense! and meadow, make up your mind, you can't be all individual but want to be liked soooo much. good thing this book is cheap!
Petra
Quick, easy, entertaining listen but the ending was disappointing
Jessica Berry
Not a page turner, but it would make a good movie

I wanted to love this book. I wanted this to be a stay-up-all night read that I couldn't put down. Sadly, although I didn't hate this book, I can't say I loved it. I did like the main character's descriptions of herself, both her past and her present. I was able to picture her experiences perfectly, and I related to her in multiple ways. I also loved how she described her changes after moving in with Lauren. I also liked her descriptions of Lauren
Bridgett
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

"All I needed was a cheap room to rent. I didn't plan this, I swear."

I devoured this book...literally read it in 3 hours. I've read several reviews which criticized the writing, but to me, the way this book is written is just another red herring. Every character seems a little suspect...a little psycho...which makes the twists a bit harder to figure out.

I admit, there was one connection I absolutely did not make (view spoiler)....

• You Have To Believe Me