Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)

Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap

(Twice Upon a Time #2)

The girl's been asleep for a hundred years. The boy's got issues of his own. There are two sides to every story....

It's not easy being Princess Rose. Especially when a fairy curses you and you find yourself avoiding all sharp objects . . . and then end up pricking your finger anyway, causing you to slumber for a hundred years or so.

And it's not easy being The Prince. Espec
Published September 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks

Start your review of Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)
April Thompson
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun twist on a classic princess story!
Heidi Lil' Chip
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this to my sister. The beginning was kinda slow, but once it got going It was awesome!
Bella Puentes
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap is the second book in the Twice Upon A Time Series. Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap is probably my favorite one of the Twice Upon A Time series because I like how she did Sleeping Beauty one chapter than the Prince one chapter, because you know each side of the story and what they thought.This book is filled with mysteries and humorous conversation. While reading this book I was on the edge of my seat. Wendy Mass is the ...more
Meira (readingbooksinisrael)
How did this manage to be a light-hearted book and have so many hard-hitting topics at the same time? Wendy Mass is an amazing writer. Probably a new favorite of mine.
Milana Waller
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why but I just loved his book! It's cute and happy and I just love it!💘😀💛
Gracie Dix
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Do you love re-imagine fairy tales, like me? If so, the Twice Upon A Time series by Wendy Mass is for you! This younger middle grade series is full of fun twists and adventures!
Kaiti Holman
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The fairy tale sleeping beauty is the second book in the twice upon a time series and was written by Wendy Mass. The author Wendy Mass is a very detailed writer who can make you feel inside the book. Sleeping beauty, as you all should know, is a common children book or movie. But this version of sleeping beauty is different from all the others. by different I mean, has a little twist. Both main characters have a hard life. Its not easy for sleeping beauty to avoid all sharp objects in her life, ...more
Regan
Jul 26, 2010 rated it liked it
I LOVE the twice upon a time books!!!! Its like funny versions to princess fairytales. It was interesting and grasped my attention with the whole journal aspect of it, and it was also cool how Wendy Mass made each character have their own perspective of the situation. If you are looking for a really good book to read I wouldn't recommend this one but if you're looking for a quick read, go out and buy this one.
Taylor Watford
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was flat out amazing. Wendy Mass does a great job of transforming the original Sleeping Beauty tale into her own remix version. This book not only is told from the princess's point of view it is also told from the prince's. My sister is currently reading this book and she also loves it. This book targets a wide audience and has some low comedy humor. If you are looking for an amazing, unique fairy tale this is the book for you.
Emy Majors
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was amazing, I really loved how Wendy picked to do the princes part of view from his time and how the princesses point of view was during her time up to the day of when the prince gets into the castle.
Nerida
Dec 03, 2009 added it
This book is really good everyone who is a girl should read it in my opinion.
Deedeebear3
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I love this book soooo much! I love all the twists they added to the story. So READ THIS BOOK! please.
Kiana
I have always loved the Sleeping Beauty story, and Wendy Mass’s retelling (which I didn’t know existed until a couple of months ago) is an enjoyable, quick take on it. It’s a pretty straightforward imagining of the original material, with some added elements and expansion on the characters; if you’re looking for a retelling that really twists the Sleeping Beauty story on its head, this is not it, but if you just want to experience this fairytale again through slightly different eyes, this is a w ...more
Ashlyn Kastelic
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Nap by Wendy Mass was a great exciting bookmark that was one of my favorites. In the first half of the book it was talking about what happened before Princess Rose fell into a deep sleep. Her mother was always watching over her and keeping her away from everything sharp. She ever banashed everything sharp form the whole town. On the other hand the Prince was trying to stay alive from his mother who has ogre blood in her. When The Prince finds ...more
zapkode
{My thoughts} – Prince and Princess Rose have two different stories. They both are written in the past leading up to when their lives merge together. They begin as their own separate stories and then they become one. There are always two sides to every story and this series allows you to see both sides.

Prince has been obsessed with a certain place in the woods by his castle. He couldn’t explain why or what the deal was just that he had an overwhelming desire to be there in that place and was won
Bethany
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
SLEEPING BEAUTY: THE ONE WHO TOOK THE REALLY LONG NAP is the second book in Wendy's Twice Upon A Time Series. The story alternates POVs between Princess Rose and The Prince. It also flashes between her time and his.

The Prince hasn't lived a princely life full of grace and beauty. Instead, anything nice looking has been removed from the castle because his mom (the queen) is part-ogre and cannot tolerate it. To escape the dull and lonely palace life, the Prince has taken on a quest to find the mis
Sydney
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap by Wendy Mass. It's a retelling of the classic fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty. But this story is told from both the Prince and Princess Rose's sides. And unlike the classic, these royals have problems. The Prince's mother is part ogre and literally cannot stand beauty of any kind. Also, on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month, she has to feed- sometimes, on humans. So the Prince comes with baggage. And Princess Rose, with all her ...more
Favour Egbune
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first half kind of dragged, but really picked up once we got to Rose's experience in slumber and forward on. Reading this book gave me the vibe that I'd already read it, but I know this was one I always had a hard time getting my hands on.

Would recommend to the age group on the back: 3-5th graders.
Chloe Kennedy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
raine...
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i read this when i was 10-11. i remember loving it and getting soya sauce on a page because i couldn't put it down so i had to eat while reading. 10-12 year old me would obviously give it 5 stars. le livre that i hold close to my heart..
Kaitlyn  Zambrana
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story that tells us more about this classic fairy tale outside of the castle, and with different people too! It's a fun book that has lots of love! I recommend reading this book and reading the other books in this series!
Mh
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
very well written, kept me in suspense
Dana
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great fantasy book! This would be a good read for a class reading. I wouldn't use it in my class but I would recommend it foe individual reading because of the interesting. twists.
Becky
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
So cute and a few unexpected adventures for the prince that finally wakes sleeping beauty.
Kim
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute retelling of the original fairy tale with very likable characters.
Aurora  Vanderwoude
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ehhhhhh. Not my favorite
Paige
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing new look at the old fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. Again, I have to ask myself, is it possible to have this many good books from the same author?
Michaela
The part ogre mother was a little weird.
Evangeline
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite!
Jill
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-fantasy
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Charmed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #2)
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
  • Donut Go Breaking My Heart (Wish, #5)
  • Twice Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #2)
  • Sundae My Prince Will Come (Wish, #6)
  • Cake Pop Crush (Wish, #1)
  • Glory Be
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • 11 Before 12 (Friendship List, #1)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
  • Hot Cocoa Hearts (Wish, #3)
  • Caleb's Story (Sarah, Plain and Tall #3)
  • Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)
  • Skylark (Sarah, Plain and Tall #2)
  • I Only Have Pies for You (Wish #7)
  • More Perfect than the Moon (Sarah, Plain and Tall #4)
  • The Mother-Daughter Book Club
  • Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel (Tyme #1)
Wendy Mass is the author of twenty-two novels for young people, including A Mango-Shaped Space, which was awarded the Schneider Family Book Award, Leap Day, the Twice Upon a Time fairy tale series, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life, Heaven Looks a Lot Like the Mall, the Willow Falls, Space Taxi and Candymakers series. Wendy wrote the storyline for an episode of the television show Monk, entitled ...more

Twice Upon a Time (4 books)
  • Rapunzel: The One with All the Hair (Twice Upon a Time, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Only One Who Didn't Run Away (Twice Upon a Time, #3)
  • Robin Hood, the One Who Looked Good in Green (Twice Upon a Time #4)