Jump to ratings and reviews

Three hot stories about three sexy shifters from a trio of today's hottest paranormal romance authors, headlined by bestselling authors Eve Langlais and Milly Taiden!

Bearing His Name
Meeting his mate should have been cause for celebration. There’s just one teeny tiny problem. Jade thinks Ark might have impregnated her sister. He didn’t, but convincing Jade is going to take a bit of honey.

Owned by the Lion
Keir’s been told to stop playing the field and settle down—difficult advice for a hard and hot man with a lion’s heart to follow. But his sights have always been set on Ally. She’s his mate, plain and simple. With her sweet and delicious curves, she’s nothing but sugar and trouble all rolled into one. But he’s known her and sparred with her for years. She’s his best friend’s little sister, and it’s going to take a whole new level of convincing that he’s the mate for her.

No Need Fur Love
Moving with his pack to the tiny town of Stanley, Idaho has Owen Courtney a little on edge. With literally no women in sight, Owen will be lucky to find a date, let alone his true mate. But you know the saying about a werewolf walking into a bar…
Gorgeous wood nymph Mia Oliver is on a mission: Find a suitable male to get her good ‘n pregnant and provide her with an heir. But when Mia decides to pick up a gorgeous and oh-so willing werewolf at the bar, she realizes she might be in over her head. …

384 pages, Kindle Edition

First published May 15, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Eve Langlais

313 books5,092 followers
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to aliens, the kind who like to abduct humans and then drive them insane...with pleasure. Or do you like something a little darker, more serious? Then check out my cyborgs whose battle with humanity have captivated readers worldwide.

If you'd like to know more, read some excerpts or find out what I’m working on, then please visit me at http://www.EveLanglais.com or sign up for my newsletter at http://www.evelanglais.com/newrelease .
I am also extremely active on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eve.langlais.98

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 190 reviews
May 16, 2018
The Big Alpha In Town 3 Stars

Because this book is 3 stories in 1 I will rate and do a mini review for each story. First up is

2 Star

Bearing His Name was just blah for me. I had a hard time connecting to the couple. I didn't like the plot of the book were Ark might have impregnated his Mate's sister. I get that it was before he met his mate, and of course he wasn't the father of the baby, had never slept with the sister. Still it was just a gross start to the story. Ark came off very stalkerish. She would say no 100s of times and he would just act like she never said anything.

On top of that Jade came off bitchy. She would be mean to Ark and push him away, no matter how hard he tried. Then there was that fact that at times this book got confusing. There was some funny parts but for the most part I didn't care for this story.

3.5 Stars

I enjoyed Owned by the Lion much more than I did Bearing his name. I liked the plot a lot more. Keir and Ally had good chemistry. Still there were parts that got a little confusing. On top of that the hero was a reformed man-whore. Which I have no problem with. My problem was the fact that everywhere the couple went exes would confront Ally and it was really annoying. Overall I enjoyed this read.

2 Stars

I didn't care for this story at all. Owen was very underdeveloped and one dimensional. Mia I couldn't stand at all. She was selfish and didn't care how her choices would hurt anyone. The only thing that mattered was what she wanted. More than my dislike for the heroine, is the fact that the book was so short and felt super rushed. I felt no connection at all between the h&h. I just wasn't feeling this one.

So over all this whole book was about a 3 star for me. The running theme of all the stories in this book is promiscuity.

The first two stories the heroes were sleeping with everyone and in the last one the heroine was a wood nymph. Now I don't have a problem with stories where the h or h sleep with others in the past but it was ott in this book. They slept around like they changed their underwear. It kinda took away something special about the couples. That of course is just my humble opinion. My favorite read of the three was Owned by the lion.

Profile Image for Beth.
3,124 reviews262 followers
April 30, 2018
What's better then finding a great, sexy, steamy shifter story? Getting three all in one book!

I received this ARC copy of The Big Alpha in Town from St. Martin's Griffin. This is my honest and voluntary review. The Big Alpha in Town is set for publication May 15, 2018.

My rating: 4 stars
ISBN-10: 1250180481
ISBN-13: 978-1250180483
Genre: Shifter Romance | Paranormal Romance

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Alpha-Town...
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...

For more reviews check out Tome Tender's Book Blog or find us on Facebook.
Profile Image for ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ .
1,069 reviews119 followers
May 15, 2018
~ 3.5 Stars ~

It’s pretty much a done deal that anything written by Eve Langlais is a must read for me. I love her writing style, her humor and the cocky shifters she brings to life have all pretty much been a hit for me. When I need a sexy quick read to help unwind, I can count on EL to give me a pick me up.

Bear shifter Ark has found his perfect mate in Jade and he sets out to woo her. Only problem it she thinks he might have knocked up her sister. Her sister admits to having a one night stand at a custom party and all she remembers is the guy was wearing a toga. Ark and his handful of rowdy cousins always throw this annual party and go dressed in togas. Convincing Jade that she’s the only one for him AND that he didn’t go anywhere near her sister leads to a hilarious little adventure to unravel the mystery of who the real baby-daddy is. There is a lot of sassy bantering and the tension between them sets off non-stop sparks. I had a blast reading it :)

Favorite Line(s):
“Cover yourself,” she snapped. “It’s indecent-”
“-ly large,” he corrected. “I know. But I promise it will work.”
“But obviously has done brain damage in the past. Lack of oxygen and all.”
He grinned. “Yes. It is that big.”

Ark is so arrogantly and obnoxious but he always manages to make me laugh rather than roll my eyes. IDK why but this brand of humor clicks with me.

“Listen and I won’t have to get physical. At least until our wedding night.”
“We. Are. Not. Getting. Married.”
“I would prefer to live in sin too.”

Jade sums it up just right. . .
He was pushy, arrogant, overbearing . . . A bear. Cuddly and sweet and protective.

~ 2 Stars ~

Milly Taiden is a hit or miss author and this one was a miss for me. Together Keir and Ally were cute together and their chemistry is smoking hot, it was the constant mention of Keir’s playboy past that killed the mood for me.

“Another of your women? This is getting old quick.”

Keir frowned but knew he couldn’t say much. It was true, no matter where they went they were accosted by on of them. So far they’d been lucky and things had been civil, but he knew there were a few out there that weren’t going to be like that.

And his explanation as to why he has so many OW was just a cheap cop out that I felt Ally accepted way too easily.

“Not everyone finds their mate. I don’t want to settle for less than my full match, the one person made for me. At the same time, I didn’t want to give up spending time and yes, sleeping with women until I found her. I made sure that no matter what, they knew they weren’t going to keep me, that it was temporary.”

I don’t consider myself a prude but my problem with Keir is that he had no control over his needs and obviously didn’t care that he was going to subject his mate (when he found her) with all his past lovers, he literally slept with every single female in his general vicinity. So much so that every time he takes the h out, he bumps into one OR MORE of his past sex partners. That right there is too OTT and not cool.

~ 3 Stars ~

This was the quickest of the bunch and I enjoyed it. A mating between a solitary wood nymph and a cuddly oh so possessive wolf was refreshing. The little crumbs of information about the wood nymphs were interesting and left me super intrigued.

I loved Owen from the first and felt for him when he was so 100% down to embrace Mia right from the start. Even knowing that she didn’t feel the same pull he did, he was willing to wait and put his words to action to prove himself to her. He was amazing.

Mia’s idea to use him for her own ends was not cool. It took a while for me to warm up to her because even though she felt guilty over her actions, she still went through with them. It made things so much worse when we’re told that without Mia, Owen’s wolf would drive him insane, so much so that his pack would have to “put him down”. Granted she isn’t aware of this but it was still a huge effed up thing to do to sleep with someone, lie about protection with the intention of getting pregnant and never sharing this news with the father.

Things work out in the end and Owen and Mia are able to start an honest relationship, without the threat of her father looming over them so there’s that. I still really ended up liking this read (even though it might not sound like it!) Mia does make it up to Owen and her attitude is explained enough that she doesn’t come off as completely heartless and unfeeling. Lol, I don’t know if I’m making any sense. Overall I liked this read and I was happy the MCs got their HEA.

Would I recommend?
Yes, if you like shifter PNR romances, this anthology will hit the spot. Bearing His Name was my all time favorite followed by No Need Fur Love and then Owned by the Lion.

* * * ARC provided for an honest review * * *
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All
thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Jen .
802 reviews572 followers
July 21, 2018
2 Disappointing Stars

When I agreed to read this little ditty, I was sure it would bring the paranormal goodness I was looking for. I'm not a huge PNR reader but Eve Langlais has always worked for me in the past. I like to bring the snark, doncha know.

So did I love it?

Ms. Langlais' story was adequate (can you feel the enthusiasm?) but the rest of the anthology turned out to be a disappointment.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a voluntary review
Profile Image for Sheyla ✎.
1,801 reviews454 followers
May 6, 2018

The Big Alpha in Town is the compilation of three short stories: Bearing His Name, Owned by the Lion and No Need Fur Love.

Bearing His Name is about a werebear, Ark, who receives a note saying he might have impregnated a woman at the last Halloween party. When Ark goes to the house of the woman, Jade opens the door and immediately, Ark knows she's his mate. There is only one problem, she is not the woman who's pregnant, her sister is.

Owned by the Lion has Keir and Ally as the main characters. Keir has recently discovered that Ally is his mate. He's walking through uncharted territory. He wants to prove to Ally that he can be trusted but how can he do it when every ten seconds a woman from his past is accosting Ally.

No Need Fur Love is the last story. Mia Oliver is a wood nymph and she's in need of a child pronto. Her father has given her an ultimatum and if she doesn't find a mate and have a child, he will choose one for her. In an act of defiance, Mia goes to the closest bar to look for a candidate to procreate with. When her eyes land on Owen Courtney, she knows he's the right guy for the job. She doesn't want a mate but she needs a child. There is only one problem, as soon as he sees her, Owen knows she's his mate and Mia won't be able to run away from him.

I liked all three short stories in the Big Alpha in Town. They were fun, fast-paced, and easy to read. There was no major drama or conflict. So if you're looking for something quick this is right up your alley.

Cliffhanger: No

3/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by St. Martin Press in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Profile Image for TJ *Book Twins Reviews*.
1,038 reviews2,382 followers
April 20, 2018
Review of No Need Fur Love

Loved it! This is my first Kate Baxter read and I’m pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed this quick shifter novella.

Mia, a wood nymph, seems to secure her birthright by producing an heir. She doesn’t want strings attached, so imagine her surprise when she ends up mated to a werewolf following a one night stand!

It was sexy, fun, and action packed! I’m looking forward to reading more from this author.
Profile Image for Madison Warner Fairbanks.
2,122 reviews275 followers
May 7, 2018
The Big Alpha in Town (anthology)
A sequel to Thanks Fur Last Night. These stories can be read as stand-alone paranormal romance.
Bear shifter first, lion second and werewolf in the third.

Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais
Fated mates. A bear shifter, whose business is honey, finds his mate. Hilarious, irreverent and twisting word flow made this a super fun read for me.

Excerpt:
“I’m your mate. You’re mine. All mine.
Yes mine.
Grawr.
The realization hit Ark the moment the door opened. A vanilla-honey scent drifted out to him, the sweet fragrance wrapping around his limbs, stroking his skin. It even managed to ignite his taste buds.
Want the yummy thing.
Bear and man wanted the same thing. The woman standing before him.
The certainty that she was his mate hit him much like that baseball bat had in the third grade. It pinched the air out of him with an almost audible whoosh.
Unlike many boys, Ark didn’t mock the mating instinct. He knew, when it hit, a man was a goner. He didn’t stand a chance.”
Excerpt from Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais

Owned by the Lion by Milly Taiden
Fake mate for hire turns real. Sexy. A bit too real and sad with the heroine’s mother searching for successful cancer treatments. The unwavering certainty and commitment by Keir makes this a beautiful romance.
It was amusing when Keir couldn’t decide what to wear to the party and made a mess of his bedroom with discarded clothes. Big strong lion in as much of a tizzy as a anyone getting ready for an important date.

No Need Fur Love by Kate Baxter
A wood nymph must get pregnant to attain status. She finds Owen, a werewolf, at a local bar and easily seduces him. Owen feels a mate bond and realizes she has tried to influence him with magic but he’s not affected and more interested in consummating their bond.
I’m not a fan of lying storylines. In the end, she’s stronger for the bond and protects the werewolf pack.
Minor disjoint: a storm predicted that didn’t happen.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley. I also purchased a copy via Amazon to share.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
2,415 reviews68 followers
April 11, 2018
ARC received for review

book 1 - 2.5 stars
It was confusing from the start and didn't get much better.

book 2 - 3 stars
Again it was a confusing start, but a nice romance not much in the bedroom department going on.

book 3 - 3.25 stars
Best of the three without a confusing start. Never read about a wood nymph before in a paranormal story. All around good story with sexy times.
Profile Image for Ivy Deluca.
2,127 reviews272 followers
May 25, 2018
description

The second anthology by this group of authors is a mixed bag - I’d read the earlier antho, and it kind of continues in the same vein, since I liked one out of the three stories. I didn’t actually dislike the first two, which is an improvement from the first antho, so….there’s that.
description

Yeah, anyway, here’s how it breaks down:

Bearing His Name - 2.5 Stars; problematic AF at first, since the complete lack of respect for what the heroine wanted, even if it was for the humorous effect, wasn’t my fave. With the heroine suddenly “realizing” why she’s resisted and making the hero’s stalkery behavior alright (not really), it was just an ok read for me. Eventually things balance out and it ends cute in it’s own way. Really it’s more about the comedy than the romance.

Owned by the Lion - 2 Stars; second book follows events of first book from first antho, cute but nothing new and not particularly memorable, which is probably worse. It didn’t irritate me, but I also didn’t think it was compelling and the reason for not telling the heroine that they’re fated mates a weak excuse for tension.

No Need Fur Love - 3.5 Stars; this story also follows events of first book from first antho; It was my favorite of the three, with a decent storyline, good chemistry and fun wood nymph twist on the shifter rom standard, though it wraps up too quickly.

Frankly the best of the lot both times has been the last story by Ms. Baxter. However, if you’re a fan of these particular authors, or if you love shifters roms of all kinds, you may enjoy the entire antho more than I did.

**ARC provided by publisher via netgalley for review**

For more reviews, visit

description description description description
Profile Image for Marta Cox.
2,530 reviews190 followers
April 19, 2018
If you are in the mood for some shifter love than these three ladies usually deliver . This anthology has clearly shorter examples but still it’s a great way to sample their styles.
Bearing His Name
So what do you do when you meet your fated Mate only to be told you might be her sisters baby daddy? That’s the conundrum that Arc has to face when all he wants to do is lick honey off Jade. Expect fun, mayhem and of course someone with a rather hairy back !
Owned by the Lion
Hmm Keir meets his Mate only to realise that he’s known her family for years without actually meeting her before. Trouble is his womaniser ways are notorious and Ally isn’t one to put up or shut up ! My biggest niggle here is Keir is a lion shifter but never actually shifts .
No Need Fur Love
Yes I’ve read sexy Werewolf stories before but I don’t recall a Wood Nymph so kudos for giving readers something different with just enough angst and suspense to hold my interest.
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are honest and I believe fair
Profile Image for Jewlsbookblog.
2,083 reviews67 followers
December 25, 2018
Bearing His Name-Eve Langlais
I normally enjoy Eve’s characters, but I didn’t click with Jade and Ark. They went through the motions, but I never felt the attraction. However, I did enjoy the secondary characters and the cheesy humor. They helped carry the story along.

Owned By The Lion-Milly Taiden
3 stars
Expect steamy banter and a punch of chemistry with Ally and Keri’s story! Overall, this was a fun, sexy read.

No Need For Love
Kate Baxter
2 stars
This one didn’t work for me. The storyline felt rushed and underdeveloped.

Profile Image for Sissy's Romance Book Review .
7,521 reviews16 followers
March 4, 2018
The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais; Milly Taiden; Kate Baxter.
This is a book with three different stories by three different authors. They are a standalone set but if by chance you read the other box set called "Thanks Fur Last Night", you will see some stories related to the couples and secondary characters you met in that book. I enjoyed that box set and this one was just as great!
Here are the books that you will get in this box set;

No Need Fur Love by Kate Baxter
Profile Image for Cassandra.
1,192 reviews105 followers
May 20, 2018
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I haven’t bought this one yet, but I will, probably in paperback.

This in the next book in the Fur series by 3 wonderful authors. Each story is a unique world created by the author. These stories are the 2nd stories in each of the worlds.

In the first story, Bearing His Name, Ark finds himself in a rather comical situation of finding his mate Jade and possible having gotten her sister pregnant. This was a page turning story with some danger and misunderstandings along the way. This was a great story! I can’t wait to read more stories in this world.

The 2nd story, Owned by the Lion, is another Mate for Hire story. Keir is a playboy who has now found his mate, and he is starting to see all the trouble his past is causing him. Ally is having trouble getting everything her mom needs for new cancer treatments, so she signs up for Mate for Hire to make some money. There is trouble along the way with both Keir’s and Ally’s parents. Keir’s secretary is amazing and scary all at once. I couldn’t put this story down either. I definitely want more of this world!

The 3rd story, No Need Fur Love, is story about the wolf pack that moved to the Sawtooth mountains. This is Owen’s story who is the 2nd to the Alpha. The last book had the Alpha’s story, and he is happily mated. Owen is a little jealous thinking he will never find his mate. When he finds her in a Wood Nymph sitting on the barstool next to him, and she is on a mission to get pregnant but not tied down. All sorts of stuff going on in this book because neither of them know much about the other species. A great story that I didn’t want to put down, and I can’t wait for more!

I highly recommend to any PNR fans who like getting several awesome stories set in unique worlds by 3 talented authors! I can’t wait for more by all 3 authors!
Profile Image for Eva Millien.
3,146 reviews42 followers
May 13, 2018
Release Day Review! The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter!

No Need Fur Love

The Big Alpha In Town is three great stories that fulfill all reader’s shifter needs. All three stories are sexy with lots of heated passion and sizzling chemistry with just the right amount of suspense and humor added to spice things up.

In Bearing His Name - Jade and Ark have a major complication to overcome in their search for happily ever after which means the story is one hot bed of snark, electrifying chemistry and thrilling anticipation. As usual, Eve Langlais combines quick witted dialogue and sexy shifters to make every reader chuckle and pant after her wonderfully fun characters.

In Owned by the Lion - Kier has to pull out all the stops in order to win Ally’s heart which has the reader humming with anticipation with every page while easily falling for these strong, delightful characters especially since Milly Taiden knows how to bring her worlds and characters to vibrant life.

In No Need Fur Love - Owen and Mia find that red hot lust sometimes has unexpected consequences and that their happily ever after can only be accomplished if they divert a war. Lots of excitement and romance keeps reader glues to the pages of Kate Baxter’s fascinating world full of vivid characters that capture the imagination.

I just had to finish each of these stories in this Beast Sized Anthology, all three were captivating, thrilling and full of sexy shifters and the stories can be read one at a time during breaks or all at once for an enjoyable marathon read.  I can’t wait to read the next anthology by these wonderful authors.

The Big Alpha In Town is part of the Beast Sized Anthologies.

The next Beast Size Anthology - In the Mood for Love will be available soon.

The Big Alpha in Town is available in print or ebook at:
Amazon   B&N   BaM   IndieBound   Powells   eBooks   GPlay   iBooks   Kobo

Eve Langlais can be found at:
Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter
StMartinsPress    Amazon

Milly Taiden can be found at:
Website   Goodreads   Amazon   Facebook   Pintrest   Twitter   BookBub

Kate Baxter can be found at:
Blog   Goodreads   G+    Facebook   BookBub
Amazon

Profile Image for Angie.
1,010 reviews119 followers
July 26, 2018
I've really come to love shifter romances. In a way, they're sorta predictable in that I know they're filled with possessive alpha heroes, strong and take-no-nonsense females, and danger that helps fuel the increasing sexual tension between the two MCs. And sometimes that is exactly what I'm in the mood for: something sexy, slightly obnoxious, but still light and breezy. So thank you Netgalley for sending me this anthology! Overall rating 4.25 stars!

BEARING HIS NAME by Eve Langlais
This novella had everything mentioned above, but unsurprisingly Eve still managed to add in different elements to make this one feel unique. I LOVED the two MCs, Ark and Jade. Ark begins the story as your typical cocky playboy, but once he meets his mate Jade, he is able to show his softer and funnier side without losing his confidence or sensuality. Jade isn't fooled by Ark's smooth words or persistant advances and definitely makes Ark work for her affection, which I always enjoy. The danger that seemed to shadow both Jade and her sister added in some angst and extra possessiveness from Ark (which Jade secretly appreciated). Ark's giant family also provided for some hilarious interactions between them (really great quotes)! Overall, I really enjoyed this short, sexy, and sweet novella. 4.25 stars

My Arkadios "Ark" Matis--determined, cocky, and just plain adorable bear shifter..

OWNED BY THE LION by Milly Taiden
Hmm. I liked some parts of this story--possessive alpha, stubborn heroine, real characters and storyline (mostly concerning Ally's mom)--but there were even more things I didn't like. The timeline of the story in the beginning was a tad confusing--at first it appeared that Keir and Ally had known each other for some months, and even though Keir knew Ally was his mate, he continued to sleep around and go out with other women because he wasn't ready to settle down. Later on we learn that this isn't the case, but by then I was already turned off by that plot point. I also didn't like that there was no actual shifting going on! This is a SHIFTER romance, but we didn't get to see any of it. Besides some minor hiccups though, I did enjoy this one. I liked seeing a softer and more vulnerable side to Keir, especially after realizing Ally was his mate and he (for once) didn't have a woman falling all over him. HE had to pursue HER and convince her to give him a chance, and I love the playboy conversion trope. Overall, 3.5 stars

My Keir Harper, still very popular and former playboy, supposed lion shifter..

NO NEED FUR LOVE by Kate Baxter
I have to say... I think this is my favorite shifter romance so far!!! The story, the angst, the steaminess, the genuine connection and affection that eventually develops between Mia and Owen--I loved it all. I loved how Mia was the one intending to use Owen simply for her own gain as a one night stand, and I loved how caring, sensitive, considerate and just AMAZING Owen was. He was a typical possessive wolf but also genuinely cared about Mia and her needs, and I LOVED HIM. Their story was so much sexy fun, an absolutely incredible read, 5 stars!

My Owen Courtney, gorgeous, adorable, sensitive and sexy beta wolf :D

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley*
Profile Image for ⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm.
2,311 reviews17 followers
May 15, 2018
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

Normally when I review an anthology book, I'll write separate reviews for each story in the book, but I am going to deviate from that this time, due to the sense of confusion I was left with at the end of the book. Each of the stories heavily referenced preceding stories, and while they did have a small standalone element, I often felt lost in the story because of all the references to what I assume is the stories in Thanks Fur Last Night. My favorite of the trio had to be Milly Taiden's story in the Mate for Hire series. I loved how funny it was! Kier was nuts, but in a good way, and his family was just as kooky! This book alone saved the entire anthology from a lower rating!

I definitely want to go back and see if I can find the preceding stories in each universe, but I'm not so sure I would read more in each universe.
Profile Image for Once Upon An Alpha.
365 reviews67 followers
October 7, 2018
This is a great group of Shifter stories for everyone, a bit of different shifters. We have Bearing His Name when a Bear Shifter gets a human woman pregnant all of the single Bear shifters try to figure out who the daddy is but when Ark meets Jade the sister of the pregnant Ruby he knows he has found his mate. Problem is convincing her he isn’t the baby daddy.
Owned by the Lion, when Ally signs up for a Shifter dating site to get money for her moms cancer treatment she gets paired with Keir a womanizer Lion Shifter that has had so many women they can’t go on a date without seeing one. No Need for Love, Mia is a wood nymph who needs to get pregnant to earn her place in charge of her group but when she meets Owen a werewolf she finds out they are mates. Mia can’t get tied to ant man or she will lose her independence but her father has decided to war with the werewolves. Who will Mia side with her father or her mate.

Profile Image for April Symes.
4,991 reviews402 followers
May 17, 2018
The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais; Milly Taiden; Kate Baxter.
This is a book with three different stories by three different authors. The stories in this book are listed below :
Bearing His Name -Eve Langlais
Owned By The Lion - Milly Taiden
No Need For Love - Kate Baxter
The books here are a standalone set but if you read the other box set called "Thanks Fur Last Night", you will see some stories related to the couples in that book and secondary characters you met in that book. I have great shifter love and enjoyed the books in this set. My favorites was Eve Langlais’s Bearing His Name, followed by Owned by the Lion By Milly Taiden, then No Need for Love by Kate Baxter. Get ready for a lot of steamy, sizzling chemistry and fantastic romance along with a good storyline. If you like paranormal romances, this this book is it for you.

My Rating: 4.6 stars ***** for all novellas in this book
“I received an advanced copy of this book from the author at no cost to me."
Profile Image for Karen Roma.
2,689 reviews31 followers
April 2, 2018
This is my second anthology by these wonderful ladies, but unfortunately like the last, it was lacking some of their usual punch and excitement.

Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais – This story lacked character zing for me and the expected attraction just never seemed to develop. The secondary characters provided some off the cuff humour, which probably helped the story overall.

Owned By The Lion by Milly Taiden provided chemistry and banter that personifies Ms Taiden’s books, and made this the pick of the bunch.

No Need For Love by Kate Baxter was a disappointment, as the story felt rushed and just didn’t work.
Profile Image for Maria11.
1,825 reviews36 followers
Shelved as 'dnf'
April 30, 2018
Ok I can’t go on....this is the worst set of shifter books I have ever read....ever and I have read A LOT! I can’t finish. I can’t risk the brain cells.
Profile Image for Janet.
2,091 reviews25 followers
June 22, 2019
These were three sexy paranormal stories. I wouldn't say I loved them, but I thought they were pretty good.
Profile Image for Tanya Davis.
538 reviews56 followers
May 28, 2018

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I've had a taste of all three of these authors, so I was very happy to get this anthology where I'd get a story from each! One of the major characteristics I love from these authors is that they know how to weave in the funny moments and characters. Even in dangerous situations, there is always a wisecrack or action that will get a laugh from me. The book will have an overall rating, but I will rate each individual story as well.

Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais 3.5

I hear such great things about Eve Langlais's books, and I've been dying to read something that I really like. Bearing His Name seems to be one I've found that I've really gotten. I loved the characters. Especially the bears with their arrogant, over the top self-confidence. That was where most of the humor came from and I felt like I really "got" it. It was a short story, so things do happen fast. I've read a lot of books lately where shifters have been accepted very quickly by humans, so the way the girls just get over the fact that there are shifters in the world didn't bother me either. I really thought Jade's way of finding out the father of Ruby's baby was original and really funny. I can just imagine all those shifter faces! Bearing His Name was cute and funny. I enjoyed this story by Eve Langlais. I was a great, fast read and has me interested in reading more about her shifters.

Owned By The Lion by Milly Taiden 4

Ally and Keir's story was a lot of fun. Keir had a rep with women that he needed to overcome to convince Ally, who he discovers is his mate, to take him seriously. There was a lot of familiarity between the characters which made me think this must be part of a series. I will have to go back and catch up as I really enjoyed this story. There were a lot of people behind the scenes trying to help poor Keir out. I was surprised a little by Ally's lack of relationship with Keir since he knew her mother so well. I understand that she was away at school, but I would have thought they would have met up a lot sooner. I had fun with these characters and would like to get to know them more. I will definitely be looking up Milly Taiden's books to see which ones are connected to this story.

No Need Fur Love by Kate Baxter 3

I am a big fan of Kate Baxter's vampire books so I was interested to see what she had with shifters. Pairing a werewolf with a nymph was definitely interesting. I think the difference in Baxter's shifters kept me from truly getting involved in their world. The pain that they suffer when shifting outside of a full moon, and the shifting on the full moon no matter what seemed to be really old compared to the shifters I'm used to reading about. Almost like I was reading shifter books from ages ago where a lot of the myths behind them were true. I thought the way Mia came into the story with her agenda, and what ended up happening to her was funny. The nymph world wasn't heavily explained, but you got the gist of what you needed to know to understand Mia's motives. The action was really quick, as is normal for such a short story, and I was completely happy with the ending.

This review was originally posted on Rantings of a Reading Addict

Profile Image for The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha).
1,823 reviews301 followers
May 14, 2018

Shifters, manwhores, and baby daddies, Oh My! Big Alpha in Town gives you 3 shifter stories by some of my favorite authors. First up, Bearing His Name. So, whats a guy to do when he finds his mate and also discovers he might have knocked up her sister?! Langlais, in her usual way keeps it light and not too angsty which I appreciated! However, I didn't really care much for Jade or Ark.

3 stars

Owned by the Lion is up next and again, a bit of a conundrum when a manwhore finds his mate. Keir wants Ally, but she has heard ALL about him and isn't going to put up with his games. My biggest struggle here was that not only was Keir a whore, every time I flipped the page, they were running into an ex of his! So, all the angst came from that drama-llama which I don't really enjoy.

2 stars

No need for love is the final entry in this anthology and I will give Baxter credit for originality! The heroine is a wood nymph! I think this really suffered from 'novella syndrome' and neither character felt really developed. But, Owen wasn't a manwhore like the other two heroes, so again, bonus points there. Overall, this was okay, but I think it could have been better.

3 stars

Books by authors like Chasity Bowlin, Celia Kyle, Harmony Raines...then you will probably like Big Alpha in Town!

Big Alpha in Town

•steamy banters √
•sexual tension √
•fast-paced √
•great secondary characters √
So, basically all stories have that.

The fun in reading this is the journey these shifters's go through to convince their heroines that they are their "mates".

Imagine yourself having that surprise in your life.

description

A lot unrealistic yes, (Welcome to PNR, people!) but the point is, this is enjoyable if you are into stories like these. Which I am.

My favorite among the three stories will be from the first book, Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais. Why? I just like Ark. He's charming and quirky and his actions are a bit ridiculous, but in a charming way. Again, IMO.

Followed by Kate Baxter's No Need Fur Love, then Milly Taiden's Owned by The Lion.

All of theses are enjoyable if you are into reading insta-lust. Because we are talking about shifters here. And if you're just looking for a quick read and just to pass time, then this book is for you.

Three short, fun-filled, insta-lust, written by the authors known to bring steam on their books.

Profile Image for Kelly.
4,788 reviews167 followers
April 19, 2018
SHIFTER LOVE! Yep, I do enjoy feisty, butt-kicking shifters!

Bearing His Name - HA! Fated mates, an accidental pregnancy, and a bear with a one-track mind. LOVE IT. Honestly, Ark's family is INSANE in the best way and I dug them. Plus, he met his match in Jade. Even when there was a slight possibility he'd knocked up her sister, she was still drawn to him. Naturally, she fought it every step of the way. But when fate bites, you eventually just have to accept it, right?

Owned by the Lion - I had a REALLY hard time suspending disbelief that someone who knew Ally's mother as well as he did had NO CLUE she had another daughter. That kinda threw me. Plus, I was a little confused on some of the relationships between the characters. Maybe that's me, though. Because, you know, there was that whole "why didn't anybody tell me Arlene had another daughter?" thing.

No Need Fur Love - I'm always down with a werewolf finding love in unconventional places. Like with a nymph. A nymph who doesn't really understand the specifics of a werewolf's mate bond or how it will affect her in the long run. A nymph who has some sticky family dynamics she needs to deal with. What can I say? I like surly wolves and oversexed nymphs.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Profile Image for Ann Lorz.
1,563 reviews19 followers
May 7, 2018
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

Lately I've been really wanting to read shifter stories. For some reason they are calling to me. So I was very happy to be able to read this second book by these authors. The stories go with Thanks Fur Last Night but can be read on their own.

I think the stories are much better if read in order but that's only me.

So I again started with Bearing his Name. I'm sorry to say that I can't get into this author. I liked the idea of her story but the writing just wasn't my cup of tea. This happened in the first group book I read too. I'm sure their are those out there who love her books.

I went on to Owned by the Lion and read that next. When I review Thanks Fur the Night I mention how I wasn't feeling this author prior to read that story so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about reading her in TFTN. Turned out I really enjoy her story in that book and was looking forward to read this one. I loved Keir and his father. At times Ally made me roll my eyes but not often enough not to like her. As a whole this story was very good!

The last story I read was, No Need Fur Love. I really love Kate Baxter's stories so I was looking forward to this one and it delivered all that I love her for. I so loved Owen and wanted him to be happy. Mia is perfect for him. This is a fun fast moving story.

As a whole the book is very good. I enjoyed two out of the three stories so I like those odds. I'm looking forward to the next one, In the Mood for Fur which comes out October 2nd. You now have plenty of time to read the first two books to be ready for the third.

ARC received for a honest review
Profile Image for Thereadingbell.
1,166 reviews27 followers
March 15, 2020
This is a book with three different stories by three different authors.

In Bearing His Name

Owned By The Lion

Keir’s been told to stop playing the field and settle down. His sights have always been set on Ally. She’s his mate, plain and simple. With her sweet and delicious curves, she’s nothing but sugar and trouble all rolled into one. But he’s known her and sparred with her for years. She’s his best friend’s little sister, and it’s going to take a whole new level of convincing that he’s the mate for her.

No Need Fur Love

The stories where short and sweet with your typical fan faire of shifter love finding mates. I much rather have them separate and more fleshed out to build the story better.

Profile Image for Jess.
1,487 reviews102 followers
April 7, 2018
I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was an anthology of 3 different stories from different authors. The first one was by Eve Langlais who I am familiar with and have read other books by her. I liked the story, and Jad and Ark together. They had great chemistry and the story had the signature humor from the author. I enjoyed it but did feel like I was missing something and I think I missed a previous book of anthologies or something. It felt like I was supposed to know certain characters and I had no idea!

The second story was Owned by the Lion by Milly Taiden. I’ve never read a book by her before so this was a good short intro into her writing style. I enjoyed it and steamy interactions between Ally and Keir. The story was fast paced and I could definitely see myself reading other books by this author.

The last story was my least favorite of the bunch and I just found it was something I couldn’t get into. I ended up not finishing this one due to lack of interest.
Profile Image for  Reading In Pajamas .
1,032 reviews106 followers
May 30, 2018
Review: THE BIG ALPHA IN TOWN by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aJ3
Publication Date: May 15, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4.5 Stars

This was a fun and lively anthology. Each story fit perfectly in my daily routine and kept me wanting more. BEARING HIS NAME by Eve Langlais was a fun and sometimes goofy, yet sexy romance. Who doesn’t love Greek bear shifters and their rowdy families? I just wish it were longer. OWNED BY THE LION by Milly Taiden was an enjoyable romance filled with sexual tension. Ally had her hands full with Keir’s past flames and his helpful matchmakers – but it was worth it. NO NEED FUR LOVE by Kate Baxter was a romantic romp through miscommunication and assumptions. Poor Owen had his work cut out for him with Mia. I especially liked that all three stories had the same feel to them. It didn’t go from something light and fun, to a story dark and harrowing. They blended well.

*Review copy provided by St. Martin’s Press in exchange for an honest review.

~*~*~*~

Kindle https://amzn.to/2wJREpW

Check Out Book 1:
THANKS FUR LAST NIGHT by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter
Review https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-azS | Kindle http://amzn.to/2DQGvpw
Displaying 1 - 30 of 190 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.