Start by marking “The Big Alpha in Town” as Want to Read:

The Big Alpha in Town

(Their Furever Mates #5 (bearing His Name))

Three hot stories about three sexy shifters from a trio of today's hottest paranormal romance authors, headlined by bestselling authors Eve Langlais and Milly Taiden!

Published May 15th 2018 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about The Big Alpha in Town, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
CerysAnne I think that story will be told in the next anthology, In The Mood Fur Love, coming out in October I think :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
The Big Alpha In Town 3 Stars

Because this book is 3 stories in 1 I will rate and do a mini review for each story. First up is

2 Star

Bearing His Name was just blah for me. I had a hard time connecting to the couple. I didn't like the plot of the book were Ark might have impregnated his Mate's sister. I get that it was before he met his mate, and of course he wasn't the father of the baby, had never slept with the sister. Still it was just a gross start to the sto
Beth
What's better then finding a great, sexy, steamy shifter story? Getting three all in one book!

I received this ARC copy of The Big Alpha in Town from St. Martin's Griffin. This is my honest and voluntary review. The Big Alpha in Town is set for publication May 15, 2018.

My rating: 4 stars
Genre: Shifter Romance | Paranormal Romance

Amazon: https://www.am
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
~ 3.5 Stars ~

It’s pretty much a done deal that anything written by Eve Langlais is a must read for me. I love her writing style, her humor and the cocky shifters she brings to life have all pretty much been a hit for me. When I need a sexy quick read to help unwind, I can count on EL to give me a pick me up.

Bear shifter Ark has found his perfect mate in Jade and he sets out to woo her. Only problem it she thinks he might have knocked up her sister. Her sister admits to havi
Jen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Disappointing Stars

When I agreed to read this little ditty, I was sure it would bring the paranormal goodness I was looking for. I'm not a huge PNR reader but Eve Langlais has always worked for me in the past. I like to bring the snark, doncha know.

So did I love it?

Ms. Langlais' story was adequate (can you feel the enthusiasm?) but the rest of the anthology turned out to be a disappointment.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a voluntary review
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Big Alpha in Town (anthology)
A sequel to Thanks Fur Last Night. These stories can be read as stand-alone paranormal romance.
Bear shifter first, lion second and werewolf in the third.

Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais
Fated mates. A bear shifter, whose business is honey, finds his mate. Hilarious, irreverent and twisting word flow made this a super fun read for me.

Excerpt:
“I’m your mate. You’re mine. All mine.
Yes mine.
Grawr.
The realization hit Ark the moment the door opened. A vanilla-hone
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Review of No Need Fur Love

Loved it! This is my first Kate Baxter read and I’m pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed this quick shifter novella.

Mia, a wood nymph, seems to secure her birthright by producing an heir. She doesn’t want strings attached, so imagine her surprise when she ends up mated to a werewolf following a one night stand!

It was sexy, fun, and action packed! I’m looking forward to reading more from this author.
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
ARC received for review

book 1 - 2.5 stars
It was confusing from the start and didn't get much better.

book 2 - 3 stars
Again it was a confusing start, but a nice romance not much in the bedroom department going on.

book 3 - 3.25 stars
Best of the three without a confusing start. Never read about a wood nymph before in a paranormal story. All around good story with sexy times.
Ivy Deluca
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
description

The second anthology by this group of authors is a mixed bag - I’d read the earlier antho, and it kind of continues in the same vein, since I liked one out of the three stories. I didn’t actually dislike the first two, which is an improvement from the first antho, so….there’s that.
description

Yeah, anyway, here’s how it breaks down:

Bearing His Name - 2.5 Stars; problematic AF at first, since the complete lack of respect for what the heroine wanted, even if it was for the humorous effect, wasn’t my fave. Wit
Marta Cox
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
If you are in the mood for some shifter love than these three ladies usually deliver . This anthology has clearly shorter examples but still it’s a great way to sample their styles.
Bearing His Name
So what do you do when you meet your fated Mate only to be told you might be her sisters baby daddy? That’s the conundrum that Arc has to face when all he wants to do is lick honey off Jade. Expect fun, mayhem and of course someone with a rather hairy back !
Owned by the Lion
Hmm Keir meets his Mate only
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Bearing His Name-Eve Langlais
I normally enjoy Eve’s characters, but I didn’t click with Jade and Ark. They went through the motions, but I never felt the attraction. However, I did enjoy the secondary characters and the cheesy humor. They helped carry the story along.

Owned By The Lion-Milly Taiden
3 stars
Expect steamy banter and a punch of chemistry with Ally and Keri’s story! Overall, this was a fun, sexy read.

No Need For Love
Kate Baxter
2 stars
This one didn’t work for me. The storyl
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais; Milly Taiden; Kate Baxter.
This is a book with three different stories by three different authors. They are a standalone set but if by chance you read the other box set called "Thanks Fur Last Night", you will see some stories related to the couples and secondary characters you met in that book. I enjoyed that box set and this one was just as great!
Here are the books that you will get in this box set;

Meeting his mate should
Cassandra
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I haven’t bought this one yet, but I will, probably in paperback.

This in the next book in the Fur series by 3 wonderful authors. Each story is a unique world created by the author. These stories are the 2nd stories in each of the worlds.

In the first story, Bearing His Name, Ark fi
A. Cook
For the full review head over to Self-Professed Book Hoarders.

Happy Reading Every!!!
Eva Millien
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Release Day Review! The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter!

Bearing His Name
Meeting his mate should have been cause for celebration. There’s just one teeny tiny problem. Jade thinks Ark might have impregnated her sister. He didn’t, but convincing Jade is going to take a bit of honey.
Owned by the Li
Angie
I've really come to love shifter romances. In a way, they're sorta predictable in that I know they're filled with possessive alpha heroes, strong and take-no-nonsense females, and danger that helps fuel the increasing sexual tension between the two MCs. And sometimes that is exactly what I'm in the mood for: something sexy, slightly obnoxious, but still light and breezy. So thank you Netgalley for sending me this anthology! Overall rating 4.25 stars!

BEARING HIS NAME by Eve Langlais
This novella h
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

Normally when I review an anthology book, I'll write separate reviews for each story in the book, but I am going to deviate from that this time, due to the sense of confusion I was left with at the end of the book. Each of the stories hea
Once Upon
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great group of Shifter stories for everyone, a bit of different shifters. We have Bearing His Name when a Bear Shifter gets a human woman pregnant all of the single Bear shifters try to figure out who the daddy is but when Ark meets Jade the sister of the pregnant Ruby he knows he has found his mate. Problem is convincing her he isn’t the baby daddy.
Owned by the Lion, when Ally signs up for a Shifter dating site to get money for her moms cancer treatment she gets paired with Keir a wom
April Symes
The Big Alpha in Town by Eve Langlais; Milly Taiden; Kate Baxter.
This is a book with three different stories by three different authors. The stories in this book are listed below :
Bearing His Name -Eve Langlais
Owned By The Lion - Milly Taiden
No Need For Love - Kate Baxter
The books here are a standalone set but if you read the other box set called "Thanks Fur Last Night", you will see some stories related to the couples in that book and secondary characters you met in that book. I have great shi
Karen Roma
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my second anthology by these wonderful ladies, but unfortunately like the last, it was lacking some of their usual punch and excitement.

Bearing His Name by Eve Langlais – This story lacked character zing for me and the expected attraction just never seemed to develop. The secondary characters provided some off the cuff humour, which probably helped the story overall.

Owned By The Lion by Milly Taiden provided chemistry and banter that personifies Ms Taiden’s books, and made this the pick
Maria11
Apr 29, 2018 marked it as dnf
Ok I can’t go on....this is the worst set of shifter books I have ever read....ever and I have read A LOT! I can’t finish. I can’t risk the brain cells.
Janet Robel
These were three sexy paranormal stories. I wouldn't say I loved them, but I thought they were pretty good.
Tanya Davis
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I've had a taste of all three of these authors, so I was very happy to get this anthology where I'd get a story from each! One of the major characteristics I love from these authors is that they know how to weave in the funny moments and characters. Even in dangerous situations, there is always a wisecrack or action that will get a laugh from me.

The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Shifters, manwhores, and baby daddies, Oh My! Big Alpha in Town gives you 3 shifter stories by some of my favorite authors. First up, Bearing His Name. So, whats a guy to do when he finds his mate and also discovers he might have knocked up her sister?! Langlais, in her usual way keeps it light and not too angsty which I appreciated! However, I didn't really care much for Jade or Ark.

3 stars

Owned by the Lion is up next and again, a bit of a conundrum when a manwhore finds his mate. Keir wants
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This anthology is hilarious. I sucked this one down. I wish I could give half star ratings. This is 3.5 with the amount of sweet humour. The first one made me laugh the entire time.

Bearing His Name
This one is shifter bears who have so many male cousins that it is hard to count them. They are Greek and the tie in to honey is nicely done. Ark is a bit concerned as he received a random card telling him he has a baby mommy. The big problem? At least another 11 cousins are in the same situation. Det
Anne Victoria ·curlingtoesbooktalk·

•steamy banters √
•sexual tension √
•fast-paced √
•great secondary characters √
So, basically all stories have that.

The fun in reading this is the journey these shifters's go through to convince their heroines that they are their "mates".

Imagine yourself having that surprise in your life.

description

A lot unrealistic yes, (Welcome to PNR, people!) but the point i
Ann Lorz
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

Lately I've been really wanting to read shifter stories. For some reason they are calling to me. So I was very happy to be able to read this second book by these authors. The stories go with Thanks Fur Last Night but can be read on their own.

I think the stories are much better if read in order but that's only me.

So I again started with Bearing his Name. I'm sorry to say that I can't get into this author. I liked t
Kelly
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
SHIFTER LOVE! Yep, I do enjoy feisty, butt-kicking shifters!

Bearing His Name - HA! Fated mates, an accidental pregnancy, and a bear with a one-track mind. LOVE IT. Honestly, Ark's family is INSANE in the best way and I dug them. Plus, he met his match in Jade. Even when there was a slight possibility he'd knocked up her sister, she was still drawn to him. Naturally, she fought it every step of the way. But when fate bites, you eventually just have to accept it, right?

Owned by the Lion - I had a
Jess
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was an anthology of 3 different stories from different authors. The first one was by Eve Langlais who I am familiar with and have read other books by her. I liked the story, and Jad and Ark together. They had great chemistry and the story had the signature humor from the author. I enjoyed it but did feel like I was missing something and I think I missed a previous book of anthologies or something. It felt like I was s
 Reading In Pajamas
Review: THE BIG ALPHA IN TOWN by Eve Langlais, Milly Taiden & Kate Baxter https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aJ3
Publication Date: May 15, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4.5 Stars

This was a fun and lively anthology. Each story fit perfectly in my daily routine and kept me wanting more. BEARING HIS NAME by Eve Langlais was a fun and sometimes goofy, yet sexy romance. Who doesn’t love Greek bear shifters and their rowdy families? I just wish it were longer. OWNED BY
Cathy Geha
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
The Big Alpha in Town
Three paranormal shifter romances in one volume

BEARING HIS NAME: Eve Langlais
Receiving a baby announcement sets Ark and others on the prowl to find out whether or not they are the baby-daddy of Ruby’s unborn child. More slapstick and comedic than deep but Ruby does find the daddy and Ark finds his mate.

OWNED BY THE LION: MILLY Taiden
Part of a series with shifters finding their mates in this one Ally and Keir find out that their relationship is more than just business.

NO N
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Fearless Mating (A.L.F.A. #4)
  • Bitten Under Fire
  • Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)
  • Stone Cold Fox (Cougarville #3)
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced, #2)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Bite Nights, #2)
  • Winter Wishes
  • The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1)
  • The Dark Vampire (Last True Vampire, #3)
  • Gabriel (Stone Warriors, #3)
  • Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9)
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Embrace the Passion (Pets in Space Anthologies, #3)
  • Wolf Rising (SWAT, #8)
  • The Angel Wore Fangs (Deadly Angels, #7)
  • Erected (Erector Set, #1)
  • A Billionaire Wolf for Christmas (Heart of the Wolf #26)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali

Their Furever Mates (6 books)
  • Legal Wolf's Mate (Their Furever Mates #1)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (Their Furever Mates #2)
  • Alpha's Mate (Their Furever Mates #3)
  • Bearing His Sins (Their Furever Mates, #4)
  • Bearing His Name (Their Furever Mates #5)
  • Bearing His Touch