Start by marking “The 12 Terrors of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The 12 Terrors of Christmas

The 12 Terrors of Christmas

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Award-winning author Claudette Melanson offers eleven new and original stories to make your skin crawl at any time of the year. This horror anthology also includes an original short by Amazon International Best-Selling Author, Lynn Lamb, titled Bring Me Flesh and Bring Me Wine. A special bonus story is also included by Melanson, Mislead, previously published only on the Ha ...more
Published December 10th 2017 by Claudette Melanson

To ask other readers questions about The 12 Terrors of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 12 Terrors of Christmas

Dianne
I bet your biggest fear at Christmas is whether Santa really DOES know if you have been naughty or nice! You may just discover that even Santa and his crew have a dark side and just maybe you might be better off if he misses your home this year! Claudette Melanson is about to turn those dreams of sugarplums into nightmares of Ho-Ho-Horror.

Do you like short stories? Who says horror is a Halloween thing? Take a walk on the dark side with Claudette Melanson with THE 12 TERRORS OF CHRISTMAS and witn
Holden (malfunctions without books)
I need this cause I love anything horror. Even around christmas! So give me all the scares and creeps! Christmas horror is an even more terrifying thing than Halloween horror. Everyone is supposed to be kind and friendly...
Sherry Fundin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claudette Melanson has been on my radar for some time now, but this will be my first reading of her work. And what a fabulous way to start. Overall, I give this short story anthology a rating of 4. Plenty of thrills and chills to whet your appetite and maybe think twice about what you want for Christmas. Do you believe in Santa?

Terror #1 – No one really believed in Santa, but Willa knew he was real. This look at how Santa came to be, how Christmas came to be, how he found his love and who he rea
Ben Jr.
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great Christmas Terror story. Strong, descriptive writing, Mrs. Melanson has another hit on her hands.
Angelica
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay I must start by saying that I LOVE CHRISTMAS and I think Claudette might have ruined the HOliday for me with this creepy take on the season and the legends surrounding it. Well written, descriptive and I could not put this one down even though it was definitely not in a genre I normally read. If you like a creepy (not necessarily scary/horror) book I would highly recommend this one!
Erika Messer
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always been in love with Christmas and stories about Christmas. But I am also a HUGE horror buff, so when my two favorite things meet - well it's a masterpiece! I also love short stories because they are quick and easy to read for a single mom :) This book fit all of those perfectly. And these stories were not the regular run-of-the-mill scary stories - when it comes to Christmas, so many people do NOT want to read these kinds of stories. Like the movie Krampus - not many people I know en ...more
Antoinette
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this wonderful work of art down!!!!

This book definitely gave me some new perspectives on Santa. I would love to read a full novel of the Vampire Santa and his origins. I rooted for him so deeply. I just feel his tale is just beginning! Loved every second of this collection of short stories!
Jasmine
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I've always been a fan of short horror stories, and so when I saw the option to review The 12 Terrors of Christmas, I jumped at the chance. I can't say I was too disappointed.

This was my first book by Claudette Melanson, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew there were twelve stories with a Christmas theme, and that was about it.

Turns out that all of the stories sort of intertwine with one another, even thought they also stand on their own. I liked the premise of the book having inter-connecti
Lorraine
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, anthology, horror
A wonderfully creepy take on Santa... and Christmas.

I enjoyed these 12 dark and disturbing stories that explore a less than jolly side of the holiday season.
The short stories include zombie elves, were-deer and vampires to name but a few, and many of the tales were interlinked which added to the interest.

This is a well-written and descriptive anthology, and an entertaining read.

TLCH
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Good read

Nice short stories. A couple were a bit difficult to follow but all in all it was pretty good. Several of the stories linked together but in different timelines that played our fairly well, though there was one that didn't quite flow as easily but perhaps that was just the way I perceived things.
Eirlys
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Terror Stricken!

A horror anthology like no other. This was a well named book because terror stalked every page. I love horror and enjoyed the faint uneasiness that kept creeping up my neck. A very good book to read over Christmas.
Jenn Sut
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love short horror stories, this book is for you. The author cleverly takes several dark turns on Christmas legends. I never connected the legend of Santa with Frankenstein's monster or vampires. This author does that and more. Stories of ghosts, demons, serial killers, and werewolves make this a Christmas book not to be forgotten anytime soon.

My favorite is the second story. It shows a hope for change. A wish that is made in hope that evil can be undone. My second favorite is the eleven
Alice Followill
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Its ok

I only gave 4 stars because I didn't think it was that scary, but still a book worth a read
November Is Nyarlathotep
Patti Tindal
rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2017
Claudette Melanson
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
BETTY SEARCY
Terri Oconnell
Ginette Vestner
Jenny Chlipala
Dec 13, 2017
Claudette Melanson writes dark fantasy in Kitchener, Ontario with seven bun babies: Tegan, Pepper, Butters, Beckett, Sansa, Daenerys, & Caramel. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a BA in English, BS in English Education and an MA in Literature. Harboring a deep admiration of vampires since the age of five left her with the desire to eventually become one, and now fuels ...more