Start by marking “Love's Mercy (Lavender Farm #1)” as Want to Read:
Love's Mercy (Lavender Farm #1)

Love's Mercy

(Lavender Farm #1)

Faye Andrews wants to keep the shameful truth about her real father a secret.
Chase Michaels wants to make his guardian's last days as peaceful as possible and vows to protect him at all costs.

Faye’s life is heading down the road to nowhere when her mother shows up with a request Faye wants to refuse, but can’t. Her bio-dad is dying and she needs to down to Sweet Grove, T
ebook
Published November 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love's Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Mercy

Start your review of Love's Mercy (Lavender Farm #1)
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR DIRECTLY AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I started receiving this author's newsletter after downloading a copy of the first book in her Madison Creek Bed and Breakfast series. I've been meaning to read that series, but just haven't been able to make the time for it yet. For
Anne Blyth
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story as it dealt with the realities of people's ignorance and cruelty to those who cannot help how God made them. It was handled with love, understanding and dignity. I feel that the authors personal experience has shown through clearly and makes it even more touching. Chase and Faye Lynne's story is the cherry on top. Beautifully done Jackie Castle.
Melissa Storm
LOVE'S MERCY is an important book. For anyone who struggles with acceptance and forgiveness, this story will speak to your heart. This is especially true if the person you struggle to forgive is yourself. I loved these characters, loved the writing, loved every moment!
Dotty
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story.
Ever know people who have nothing to do with their biological parent? Well We have  Chase  and Lilly who had a daughter Faye Lynn. Faye Lynn is grown and has her own reasons not to want to be around her father Chase. Chase has cancer and Lilly thinks Faye Lynn should spend some time with him.  Reluctantly  she gives in and goes.
She not only meets  Chase but another young man who doesn't care to much for her.
What happens I'm not telling but the story sure can open your eyes up.
Susan Shearer
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love’s Mercy by Jackie Castle is part of the sweet First Street Church Kindle World and will truly touch your heart.
Faye Lynn Andrews is a lost soul who isn’t sure what she wants or how to get there. What she does know is she wants nothing to do with her bio-dad. Her mom Lively Lilly comes to town and changes all of that. Faye is the one who you know that stays where she is because she doesn’t know where else to go, but Lilly...well does the name Lively Lilly tell you anything?
Chase Michaels th
Jenny T.
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads, romance
This is a romance novella which is part of the First Street Church Kindle World - although the town of Sweet Grove was not the main focus, but there was a definite Christian influence in this read. Faye learns that her estranged biological father is dying from cancer and goes down to his farm to make amends at her mother's urging. Faye is faced with many emotions including meeting Chase who appears closer to her Dad than herself. This was an interesting read because of the family dynamics (and t ...more
Kathy
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was a very sweet romance with an underlying issue of tolerance. Being raised a traditional Christian, how do you reconcile your beliefs with a gay parent? Or an uncaring, very imperfect parent? And how do you learn to let someone into your heart after being hurt so badly?
The book addressed a lot of issues but was still a very sweet romantic story and I loved the main characters of Faye & Chase. Am really hoping that Ms. Castle writes more about them.

I received a fr
Janet Graham
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful First Street Church Romance
This is part of the First Street Church Romance Kindle World. The importance of parents in their children’s lives is the underlying theme to this story. The setting for the story is a daydream of mine, for sure. The story has a very pertinent plot. The characters are well developed and realistic. I have not read any of this author’s work before, but plan to after reading this nice piece. I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to share my ho
Kristen Lewendon
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This wasn't an easy story to read. There is a depth of emotion that was utterly breathtaking in it's scope. Faye and Chase are surrounded by so much family drama, some of it even of their own making. These two young people, with their quiet introverted natures and love of the earth, are a perfect pairing. And by the end, they need each others' quiet strength to stand tall and remain rooted in their convictions. I am in awe of the author and the stand taken with this book.
I received a complimenta
Linda Rainey
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Would Give This Book More Than Five Stars

I would give this book more than five stars because it was so beautiful and uplifting ,aging with God's love and mercy.
I loved the well crafted story and the awesome people that graced these pages.
The storyline about farm fresh foods, living healthy was very inspiring and informative.
I recommend this story for those who love Christian romance with a strong inspirational message.
Gina
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a story with a touchy subject. Faye turned her back on her father when she found out about his lifestyle. As he is dying she reconciles with him and meets Chase his foster son. Spending time with them both makes her realize she needs to love her father and let the Lord convict him, her job is not to judge. She will learn to trust the Lord and find her happiness with Chase. I received a complimentary copy and this review is voluntary.
Nati
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nati
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Review A beautiful love and life’s story. Faye comes to Sweet Grove to make amends with his dying father Heath. She’s been ashamed of his father for so long that she no longer knows how to connect with him. Chase is been taking care of Heath, since his and his uncle Joe were the one to take of him when her mother couldn’t do it anymore. Can they find love and a future together thanks to Heath and God Grace? I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily reviewed it
Alice
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although this book deals with a situation that I don't approve of, the book was well-written and had a really good story to it. Drawing from her own experiences with one of the situations, the author handles it quite well. That being said, I love the way love grew between Faye and Chase. Forgiveness within a dysfunctional family settles the family and helps heal the brokenness that is felt by Faye.
Margaret Fraleigh
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jackie-castle
This is the first book i ave read by this author. I was impressed and enjoyed the story.

It is about Faye and her biological father, whom she has been estranged. He is dying of cancer.

As well it is about Chase, who was taken in and raised by Faye's Dad.

The story shows how love and forgiveness can bring families together.

Can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Elissa
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Love's Mercy" is a complex story of dealing both with loss and with judgment--the judging of others, as in "judge not lest ye be judged" (Matthew 7:1). Whatever your own feelings, you will be tugged about by the powerful emotions evoked in this remarkable tale. Be sure to read the afterword which has its own amazing message to share.
Robin
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this sweet novella. Faye's mother asks her to go see her dying bio-dad and reconcile with him. Chase's guardian is dying and he is worried when his daughter arrives that she will make his last days unpleasant. The events of this novella were heart-warming and I look forward to reading more stories in this series.
Debora Wolff
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book about finding forgiveness when we aren't sure we can do it after the hurt in our past. She finds with God's help she can let go of the hurt and offer that forgiveness and open her heart.
Love
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong Message And Love Story

This is an amazing and enjoyable love story with adorable and charming characters as they mend and heal as individually and together as they find love and understanding.
Julie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

A great story of a girl in a blended family. She found a way to reconcile with her birth father. She also found a path to growing her own produce.
The last story in this series (the girl's brother) is also a wonderful story.
Janice C. Johnson
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story a lot. The characters are all likable and sympathetic. Most of them had something they needed to forgive... but they also needed to be forgiven. The delicate dance toward reconciliation kept me turning pages.
Renate
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A well crafted emotional romance about that the truth will set you free. Jackie Castle immediately draws the reader in. Faye and Chase are realistic characters with contemporary issues of abuse and abandonment. Some unexpected plot twists and turns and a satisfying resolution.
Paula
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A story about extending forgiveness and loving someone even when you disagree with them. Can Chase and Faye find love in the midst of suffering?
Brian Davis
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
☺☺☺☺☺

More than a romance, this is a terrific story about prejudice, reconciliation, faith and love in all its many aspects.
Sue
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

The story touched on some real life difficulties and strained relationships. Sweet and touching romance. Made me smile and want to cry...
Anita Rohn
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love

Family and hearts that hurt yet reach out to be loved takes strength and forgiveness. In this tale the past has to be filtered through to learn what is truly important.
Annette Krumske
Mar 02, 2018
Gramatigs Golding
Nov 19, 2017
Marcia A.
Dec 26, 2018

• Falling for Grace (Coastal Hearts #2)
  • Love's Healing Power (New Beginnings Book 1)
  • Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
  • Traces of Guilt (Evie Blackwell Cold Case, #1)
  • Davenport House (Davenport House #1)
  • Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)
  • Courting Mr. Emerson
  • Cinnamon Girl (Second Chance at Love, #1)
  • The Earl's Enticement (Castle Brides, #3)
  • Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout #2)
  • Lawfully Avenged (The Lawkeepers)
  • The Art of Eavesdropping  (The Sidekick's Survival Guide #1)
  • Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2)
  • Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #1)
  • Cinnamon's Courageous Heart (The Sweethearts of Country Music Book 5)
  • Mismatched  (The Amish Matchmaker Book 1)
  • Maddie and Bean
  • To Kill A Shocking Bard (Clinton Trump Detective Genius #3)
Jackie Castle is also known as J.R. Castle.

Jackie Castle is the author of The White Road Chronicles a fantasy series, The Sentinel Archives for school-age readers, and newly released Madison Creek Bed & Breakfast romance series. She has also published articles and short stories in numerous magazines. She's enjoyed many crazy adventures from working as a hairstylist, to her bravest quest: teachin

Lavender Farm (3 books)
  • Love's Harmony  (Lavender Vale Farm #2)
  • Blessed Gifts (Lavender Farm #3)