Start by marking “Voidstalker (Voidstalker #1)” as Want to Read:
Voidstalker (Voidstalker #1)

Voidstalker

(Voidstalker #1)

What glitters is gold, but beneath it is rot.

Humanity has a sprawling interstellar empire. Advances in science and the resources of countless frontier worlds have brought untold prosperity to its citizens. But how much of this wealth comes from dangerous experiments with alien technology?

As an elite intelligence operative, that question plagues Gabriel Thorn constantly. Wh
Published October 8th 2017

Start your review of Voidstalker (Voidstalker #1)
Ian Miller
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well into the future, humans have colonized space, and Gabriel, an enhanced agent for DNI (a sort of super military police force) is sent with a squad to investigate the possibility that JE Corporation is acquiring alien technology in some sort of laboratory on the moon Loki. Asther, Gabriel's wife, happens to work for JE Corporation, and there is a suspicion they have a mole. The world building is very good, and there are connections with excessive behaviour in modern society, for example Jezeb ...more
Grady
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You always get a message from work before disappearing.”

Author John Graham makes a significant writing debut with the publication of his novel – VOIDSTALKER – a science fiction tale that is far more than the sum of the usual components. John is willing to take on contemporary philosophy, genetic engineering, and space manipulation and blend this with a truly terrifying glimpse at corruption of the highest level.

An example of the facility with which John writes is evident in this short passage
David Styles
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must confess, the introductory scene had a score of things that didn’t give me high hopes for the rest of the book. Still, I read on, and I’m glad I did.

It’s a little cliché to call a book “a gripping page-turner”, but this was that. Many mysteries beset our main characters, and we switch between fields of action (chiefly, those of the two main characters) often enough to keep us turning pages to find out what happens in this one and the other too, but not so often as to turn it into choppy mi
Payal Sinha
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Graham continues to amaze me with his creative mind and the strong grip on any plot. The story is an exciting science fiction centered around an imaginary world. While the story is interesting, what I liked was the presentation of different characters. The author spends considerable time in character development while maintaining the flow of the story. For example the hero has a military mind set, but is sincere and knows his shortcoming. He feels irritated when surrounded by his kids while ...more
Pegboard
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voidstalkers were trained and equipped to operate a mission without support for a long period of time as a lone wolf. They entered the most hostile of areas and completed what they set out to do as assigned. What troubled Gabriel was the reason he was assigned a squad of operatives to complete a mission when he rarely work with others. To him, there was no need for comradeship; the mission was more important than the lives of his team.

Gabriel may be a lone wolf at work, but he enjoyed his wife
Ivan Hecimovic
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What could possibly go wrong if, for example human race gets their hand on an unknown alien technology and starts using it for their “own benefit?’’ Well, there are many things that can go wrong, starting from the fact that the technology does not belong to us, and that whoever it belongs to will want it back.
Voidstalker reminds me of a good horror movie or a videogame in which its main protagonist needs to uncover the big secret (secrets are always big anyway) and to put an end to everything t
KarynH
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The darkness that surrounds him was so thick that he could almost touch it
This novel by John Graham begins with a dream of a space expedition. A man in a space suit is ejected into the expanse of space before his senses could adjust to the new environment or rather, nothingness, the ship that dropped him off had gone. This event got my heart raging with imaginations, who is this man and what must have gone wrong? Graham has found a way to keep me glued to this book.
I began to imagine what the fe
Sanjin
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel strikes a really good balance between sci-fi and classic thriller, near to perfect for me. The setting for the plot is drawn from sci-fi, it is the future, mankind is powerful and successful, but, of course, there is something underneath all of that that isn't so great and shiny. The sci-fi part is perfectly fine and does what it is supposed to do, but I like the thriller side of the story even more. In that world of future we have a plot that seems like it is plucked right out of som ...more
Julius Blitzy
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No matter how far or how fictional the story can get, it can be only being connected through relatable characters, and that’s what really shines here!
A creative new world that takes us out in space, where human kind have expanded their territory, a military whose life needs to be balanced, his work takes more and more demanding time from him, while his family expects him at home, hopeful to reconnect with him one day.
The premise and the creative approach take in this new world is outstanding, I
Rachel Kester
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel by John Graham tells the story of Gabriel Thorn. Thorn is currently working on secret science experiments when he comes across some puzzling situations. He tries to find the answer to these problems while also preventing the dangerous science experiments he’s conducting from getting out of hand. Along the way, Thorn finds numerous secrets that might end up endangering his life.
If you enjoy reading science fiction novels, this is one you’ll definitely want to check out. It’s about 269
Valery
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly evocative, descriptive writing features prominently in Voidstalker by John Graham. From the opening pages, you are drawn in as a reader and the tension and excitement is palpable. It's all about alien technology and it's effect on humankind. In the distant future, man has colonized space. JE Corporation is getting alien technology. Gabriel and his wife Aster are thrust into the middle of controversy which could signal the end of life as they know it. When Gabriel is sent to investigate th ...more
Amanda
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review-2017
Voidstalker is a science fiction thriller by John Graham. Here, humans have gained access to alien technology which has advanced the exploration and even settlement of interstellar worlds. How we managed to get our hands on this technology and how many unsavory deeds are committed for and with it along the way are questions for our hero, Gabriel Thorn. Thorn is sent to investigate when a distant research facility goes radio silent.

This novel is typical in the vein of 'humans have once again tak
Kristen
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: upwork
I really enjoyed this book because it tapped into what we are all wondering about aliens! The story main characters Gabriel Thorn and Aster appear to be somewhat of a power couple. Aster works for an Engineering Company and Gabriel is in the military. Throughout the story Gabriel comes across some secrets that may have some moral implications in the future.

The story seems to be at an interesting intersection between sci-fi thriller and drama. The discovery of aliens and their technology, while
Carol
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Voidstalker, humanity has made great strides in science and has the resources to find new worlds. So when they overstep their bounds a bit and one of the mysterious (because what other kind would you have?) research facilities suddenly loses contact. It is then that Gabriel Thorn is dispatched to go see what the deal with that is. There he finds lies and secrecy which come with power. Not expecting this he and I quote, “finds himself unprepared to confront the ancient evil buried within”.

I lo
Kimberly
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It doesn’t take long to find yourself lost in this Sci-Fi book. The author does a fantastic job of really making the main characters feel real and easy to relate too. The details provided in this futuristic book really bring the authors vision to life and make for a difficult book to put down. John Graham’s telling of this story left me sitting on the edge of my seat telling the kids to wait a little longer while I read to the next chapter. This was very difficult for me to put down and I just h ...more
Jimmy Jefferson
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sci-fi action thriller set a lifetime in the future

This is a fun read with good characters and a developed story from the first page. Our main charachter, Gabriel, is a man who has a secret life. On one side he is a loving father and husband while on the other side he is a secret government agent sworn to protect society against the evil found throughout the galaxy. Set at a good pace, you will be drawn deeper into the journey with every page as you try yo figure out what will happen next and
Jarryd Kalideen
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was...different.

In a very good way. To me this would have been fine as a one-off self-contained story albeit with some questions unanswered.

The story progresses very nicely from start to finish with alternating situations playing out simultaneously. There's a relatively small core of characters which is not always a bad thing, character development is sufficient for the reader to either like or dislike them. The world is built fairly well, leaves you in awe with many questions. It's a lovel
Greg
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting vision of alien technology.

I give a positive review of this book. There are some gaps in the development of the future world, the characters are complicated and at times confusing, but the story moves to its conclusion that is an invitation to read the next book in the series.
Too much is introduced at the end that does not build the story. It is a simple read, I always love an evil mother-in-law and a biomedical engineered hero. Would have wanted to know more of his alterations.
Patrick
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and tense

The background universe is awesome. Human space and its relationship to aliens is clearly laid out. The reasoning behind the masters of humanity is also spelled out clearly. I didn't understand all the tech but it's consistent and logical which matters most to me.

The crazy, unregulated capitalism explains the social context (extreme poverty of the race vs the absurd wealth concentrated in the upper one or two percent, I'm guessing) and all the characters introduced seem to fit in p
Kate Brackett
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a huge science fiction reader but this book was fantastic! Sci-fi readers will thoroughly enjoy this book. I found myself immersed in the world and with the main character Gabriel Thorn as he tries to find out why a research facility has gone radio silent. The facility is a ways off due to the alien technology the humans have acquired and used to expand their settlement of far-off worlds. Gabriel discovers secrecy, evil, and lies and has to solve the problem in order to save the world. A ...more
John
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intense story that will leave you wanting more

Far in the future humanity has taken to upgrades. As with all things there are the upgrades that the public have access to and then the ones the military use. This is a story around one such asset, An elite of the elite that is sent to investigate a corporate laboratory that has gone dark. What they find is more than they bargained for and sets the stage for something bigger than they ever expected.
Archie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting, science fiction thriller that shows the creativity of the author and imagination to a level higher. The whole story is fiction, but the characterization is great. It’s based on the theme of using alien technology for scientific experiments and exploiting it to dangerous levels. But the author has represented the main character as a family man with kids and loving wife so emotional angle with science based story is an interesting combo.
Robert
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Robert's Review

Excellent, outstanding storyline with intrigue, mystery, suspense and action in grand and copious amounts. I would enjoy a series based on these characters and their activities. Thanks for the GoodRead.
Adam King
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edge of your seat suspense and likeable characters make this book hard to put down. Sleep became secondary to reading that one next chapter again and again until I finally reached the satisfying conclusion. Looking forward to reading Krakenscourge.
A.B. Shepherd
A not-bad sci-fi/action story with far too many fight scenes for my taste. Not a fan of the violent dynamic between the protagonist and his spouse either.
Amanda Bell
Pretty good, I don’t think the world or the characters were built up enough before we plunged right into the action. But if you like thrillers & sci fi, this is for you.
Jean Gordon
A credible start to stories about a future world.
Vladimir Tsurkan
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very nice, original work

Liked this book very much and will buy the next one in the series almost certainly. Read it and you will not be disappointed.
Donald Smith

• Imajica
  • I Am the Rage
  • Chess, Not Checkers: Elevate Your Leadership Game
  • The Belt Quadrilogy #1-4
  • Black Knight Down (Stone Soldiers #5)
  • The Dark Continent (Underdog, #3)
  • The Wastes (Underdog, #2)
  • Assassins: Superpower Chronicles Book 5
  • Eat, Slay, Love (The Good Guys, #10)
  • The Edge of Doom: The Fixer: Book 7
  • The Lost Tech (Lost Starship #13)
  • The Forgotten Faithful (UnderVerse, #2)
  • City of Fallen Souls (UnderVerse, #3)
  • Ravaged Land: The Realms Book 7: (An Epic Progression Fantasy LitRPG Novel)
  • Invasion (First Colony #11)
  • Titan: A LitRPG Adventure (UnderVerse Book 4)
  • First Encounter
  • The Enigma Cube (Alien Artifact #1)

Voidstalker (4 books)
  • Krakenscourge (Voidstalker #2)
  • Seraph (Voidstalker #3)
  • Swarm (Voidstalker #4)