Start by marking “Christmas in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #0.2)

(Poseidon's Warriors ##0.2)

I dont want to need you more than air, or light, or life, but I do. You own me nowbody and whats left of my blackened souland Ill never let you go.
- Dare to Lyric

The Gift of the Magiin Atlantis

Warrior-turned-pirate Dare is the black sheep of all Atlantis. Hes enraged Poseidon, the sea god, so much that he had to forfeit his ship and the water spirit who inhabits it.
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 202 pages
Published December 4th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published December 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Atlantis

Start your review of Christmas in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #0.2)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Christmas in Atlantis by Alyssa Day

Prequel to the Poseidons Warrior series which is a spin of the Warriors of Poseidon series.
Fantasy paranormal romance novella.
Can be read without reading any of the books in either series although key characters from the first series make brief appearances. Just know that Atlantis has risen from its thousands of years hidden underwater and is interacting with todays world bringing magic and the mythical to life.

Dare is an Atlantian Pirate. Hes fallen in love
Paraphrodite
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3 stars.

Dare is an Atlantean pirate and brother to Liam from Halloween in Atlantis. Lyric is a blind gem singing artist who's been purchasing gems from him for a few years. She apparently grinds the gems into dust and use that to paint - seems quite extravagant!

For some reason, Dare has angered Poseidon and lost his ship and the Sea Spirit that he's linked to and whilst trying to get his ship back, he invited Lyric to Atlantis to spend Christmas.

This is another short story and I felt it did
Sandee
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A pirate and a blind artist. This romance is so adorable. A short story but with everything you expect from a Poseidon's Warriors book. Christmas comes to Atlantis.
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?

3.5

This is one of two novellas (the other being Halloween in Atlantis) that bridges the two series Warriors of Poseidon and Poseidon's Warriors. This novella is billed as Gift of The Magi but in Atlantis, and it really is, but not in a sad way.

This begins with our hero Dare, a pirate and Atlantean, whose ship is being battered by an insane storm. As he goes overboard, his last thought is of Lyric.

Lyric is an artist. She's been blind since a terrible accident took her
Darce
this was pretty fun! it started kind of abruptly, and i was mildly confused at the start, but i easily caught up and found the characters super fun. the main character was pretty great and didn't let anyone talk crap about her for being blind, the the love interest was the classic 'i'm not good enough for you' bad boy. still, who doesn't love that trope?? the storyline was cute and i liked the futuristic world where atlantis had reappeared and shocked everyone on earth. i also really loved the ...more
Ami

Hmmm... initially, I planned to follow the spin-off series, which was why I tried to familiarize myself with the world by reading Halloween in Atlantis and this one. But while I found the previous to be 'okay' I had a bit of a bump with this one.

It felt like Dare and Lyric had history that I didn't know before, and I always hate the feeling like I am being pushed into something that already happens. I also didn't feel like I have enough context on WHY Poseidon seemed like he disliked
Zoë Ann
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 magical little stars
Julia David
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like Dare and Lyric. Lyric has been working up the nerve to tell Dare that she is in love with him. He has been visiting her for 6 years and it is about time she tells him of her feelings. Dare is in love with Lyric, but he doesn't think he deserves her. She is way too good for a pirate like him. When Lyric goes to Atlantis with Dare for Christmas, everything changes.
Elisa
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dare and Lyric what won't they do for love...

This was such a wonderful Christmas short that fits perfectly into the Atlantis series and seriously enjoyed it and want more from these characters.
Kevin
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Atlantean pirate woos tough Florida woman at Christmastime. He learns what's most important to him.
I have read this series out of order, which reduced my familiarity with some of the characters.
Lexie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Holidaze 2019 Day 1 -

Having never read Day before, or the Atlantis series this is related to, I can happily report you don't need to have prior knowledge.

Dare and Lyric are a fairly unlikely pair, but they work together. Lyric grounds Dare, reminds him what's important and worth fighting for. Dare gives Lyric the strength and space to grow beyond her routines.

Some of it I side-eyed; the first scene with Lyric and the amethyst felt out of place in a way I can't put my finger on. And Dare's
Katter
1.5 Stars is a more accurate rating for this novella. I didn't hate it but I can't say that I enjoyed it. It was just kinda there and I only kept reading it because I needed a book with candles on the front for a reading challenge.

Anyways, the plot is pretty basic. Girl and boy love each other but keep it hidden because they don't know how the other feels about them. The girl just happens to be a blind painter name Lyric. The main fella in the book is Dare, and he is an Atlantean pirate!

Barb Lie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in Atlantis by Alyssa Day is part of her new Poseidons Warriors series, in which she will be doing a novella in every month of 2018. We can look forward to more fun in Atlantis with some of our favorites from the past (Warriors of Poseidon). Christmas in Atlantis was a fun quick paranormal romance that you can enjoy and finish in one sitting.

We meet our hero, Dare, on his ship as they are trying to survive a terrible storm. Dare and his water spirit, Seranth do everything they can to
Tania
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alyssa-day
"Christmas in Atlantis" by Alyssa Day. Book 8.6 in the Warriors of Poseidon series.

This novella is really a bonus story taking place in the Warriors of Poseidon world. This is the second novella in a sort of spin-off series and is now being called "Poseidon's Warriors series."

As the title says, this story takes place at Christmas...in Atlantis. The main characters are Dare and Lyric. Dare is a pirate from Atlantis with a not-so-stellar reputation. Lyric is painter from Florida. For the past 5
romancebookjunkie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
How often do you come across a Christmas paranormal romance? For me- once in a blue moon and Im more than happy to get on the Christmas read bandwagon. Now if you know me you know Im not a fan of novellas but this one hit the spot- its a short and sweet little Christmas miracle.
The hero is an Atlantean sea captain/pirate who angers Poseidon who then takes away his ship (which is his life). Our heroine is blind and a talented artist (what a combo right?). They have both known each other for
Tammy
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy, holiday
Pirate and a painter romance

Lyric is a young woman from Florida who is a painter, she is also blind. She was left blind after a terrible accident that killed her parents. She has a special gift that when she holds gems or paints with them she can see some light and shadows.
Dare is a pirate from the mythical island of Atlantis. He is a loner and has been most of his life. Dare and Lyric develops a friendship for 6 years before they realize that they have stronger feelings for one another.
I
Cheryl Drake johnson
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lyric is an artist and she meets Dare for the first time six years ago when he came to her shop to bring gems she had oredered for her paints. Dare is a pirate from Atlantis and he doesn't believe that he is good enough for her. But they never tell each other that they are in love with the other. When she finally decides to tell him she realizes she hasn't seen him in months and the fact that they don't know each other really and they have only been together a total of maybe 30days in all the ...more
Heather
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Dare and Lyric's story. I heard about them when I read January in Atlantis, so I looked forward to going back and reading about them. Dare is a pirate who has lost his ship due to some poor choices and when near death, the only place he wants to be is with Lyric. When he stumbles into her art studio and collapses, Lyric is terrified that she has lost her chance to tell Dare that she has loved him for a while.  She nurses him back to health and he whisks her to Atlantis for Christmas. ...more
Signi Siemens
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another phenomenal book by Alyssa Day!! This new series that starts with Halloween in Atlantis is proving to be just as great as the series that started it all! I always know that I'll love the storyline of each book because Alyssa Day consistently delivers what I love in a book! I love the descriptive scenery of Atlantis because it is so magical and beautiful & it makes you want to go live there! I really love the humor too and how you can feel what the characters are feeling! Oh & last ...more
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Since this is more a novella/short story rather than a novel or full length book, it tells a story, but in a really rushed way. Characters have some draw to them, but the story is so rushed it feels fake sometimes. I really liked the female character, but thought she deserved a lot more development time. More details and a deeper fleshed out personalization. Sadly, a novella just can't do that. A novella is more of a sneak peek than a complete story and it just feels to pushed to deliver any ...more
Kiri Murupaenga
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Quick 2 Story Read.

Another wonderful well written, story with a bonus tale in between the chapters for our entertainment pleasure.
No Spoilers here, read the blurb, check out the review's, download the book, and be entertained for an hour or so, for less than a cup of Joe.
I'm a huge fan of Ms Day's work and would recommend her book's to whoever wants to get lost in the world of Atlantis and the men and women, who inhabit this fantasy realm of mystical myths and legends, even if it's
TINNGG
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I'm having difficulty with an artist who is blind and never has actually seen the colors of the paints she's using. I can sort of believe the gem singer bit helps, but she was an artist before that.

The H... :shrug.

This one is a retelling of the Gift of the Magi - he gives up something for her, and she gives up something for him. The catch of course being that the mutual gifts are dependent on the recipient having something that they gave up.

The print volume also includes Halloween in
Tamye Whitener
I just finished this marvelous book, and it jingle bell rocks. It made me laugh, smile, and cry just a bit. (The good kind of crying).

Wonderful tale, with love and sacrifice. Great characters. Not just the main characters, Dare and Lyric, but the supporting ones as well. Very well written, I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a bit of the paranormal, Atlantis, or an enchanting romance.

I love the Poseidon's Warriors series. And can't wait for the next book.
Erika
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet story for the holidays

If you're already a fan of Alyssa Day, you'll love this addition to her Warriors of Poseidon series. You can get cozy with familiar characters in a familiar setting. If you're new to Alyssa Day, this is a paranormal romance with a lot of heartfelt emotion. It's wonderful that the main character isn't perfect because none of us are. The heroine is very relatable and she's a huge draw for the story. Give this sweet story a read, you'll be glad you did!
Jessica Bone
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in Atlantis

Alyssa Day has done it again. This is a wonderful new book for the Warriors of Poseidon series. Dare learns the love means more than the sea and sometimes it can find you one the land in the eyes of a painter. Lyric waits for years to open her heart to The Pirate from the sea. There Christmas in Atlantis makes them both see the truth behind what love shows a way whether by land or sea.
Sheena
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Alyssa Day's writing, and I'm beyond excited there will be a book per month next year. This is a great start, and I'm loving that we're back in the world of Atlantis with the characters I've come to love.

Loved Dare and Lyric's story, my only real criticism is that it's too short, but that's only because I wanted more! Lyric is a great character and loved how her 'disability' is anything but. Great idea including 'The Gift of the Magi' which I wasn't familiar with before.
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
This paranormal romantic reboot of The Gift of the Magi was delightful! Love, sacrifice, and the Christmas spirit abound as Lyric and Dare realize their feelings for each other. It feels like ages since I last picked up this series, but its nice to know Poseidons Warriors can still charm and make me laugh! ...more
Martine
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Gift of the Magi reimagined featuring an Atlantean pirate Dare and his love, a blind Floridian, Lyric. They, like the book, sacrificed something for the other to have a wonderful Christmas gift. They found that their love was enough. I loved it and will read it again. Alyssa Day the author is a wonderful story teller.
sharon e hochstetler
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

The Gift of the Magi has been my favorite since I was a kid. This story was great. It had the spirit and love as the original did. Care needed a wake up call. Harshly he got one but he also found love. She is perfect for him. With much patience and love she heals his hurts. Loved her sense of humor and her fierce spjrit.
Melinda
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cmc2020
Christmas in Atlantis

I loved the story of Lyric and Dare. The painter and the wicked sexy pirate. The opening of each chapter sharing a part of the story of The Gift of The Magi tied in beautifullly. One Wish can change her world! Life and death, love and loss , laughter and tears fill the pages of this book.
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series - Warriors of Poseidon 4 15 Feb 01, 2018 12:28AM
Goodreads Librari...: Poseidon's Warriors 1 14 Dec 19, 2017 03:38PM

• The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • Tiger Striped (Shifters Unbound #11.5)
  • Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)
  • Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
  • Born of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #1)
  • Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16; 1001 Dark Nights #77)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • A Shifter Christmas Carol (Shifters Unbound, #11.75)
  • How to Love Your Elf (Embraced by Magic, #1; The Embraced, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Blaze Erupting (Scorpius Syndrome #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #75)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Dragon Fever (Masters of the Flame, #1)
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of

Poseidon's Warriors (7 books)
  • January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)
  • February in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #2)
  • March in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors #3)
  • April in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #4)
  • May in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #5)
  • June in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors)
  • February and March in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #2)

News & Interviews