Start by marking “Tatum” as Want to Read:
Tatum

Tatum

(The Butcher Books prequel)

Everyone has nightmares but the silent girl from Tatum’s is crossing over to reality and when she does, someone dies.
In a quiet little neighbourhood, murders are about to rock the community’s happy existence but only Tatum can make the connection between seeing the girl from her nightmare and the deaths that are occurring.
The second time it happens another person dies.
By
Published October 15th 2017 by Self Publish

To ask other readers questions about Tatum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tatum

Cheryl
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a 4.5 star read.

This is creepy ...... just flat out CREEPY!! I found myself reading a few pages, taking a break, then reading a few more. Not because it was bad ....... no, because it was so damn good and chilling I was trying to stretch it out so it wouldn't end. But end it did, and while it did involve a sort of cliffhanger, I didn't feel cheated at all, only desperate to read the next book in this new series to find out what would happen next - which is always one of the signs of an e
Mimiorphee
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I picked this books because I wanted something different from my usual genres. Horror is not my cup of tea, let's just say that I spook real easily!!! Anyhow, desperate times call for desperate measures: I needed strong emotions. Unfortunately Tatum and I didn't really connect...

It's a short read, nicely paced and with mystery and intrigue, but I found it very predictable, and somehow very cliché. The heroine was the epitome of the girl who makes poor choices and acts stupid  in a horror story.

A
Andrew
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tatum is going insane. At least, that seems to be what everyone thinks. Because when the woman from her nightmares starts appearing in her waking life, that can’t be sane. Can it? Certainly the eerie murders are real…

Claven is starting to establish herself as the Queen of the Twisted – ‘Tatum’ is another hard-core, old-school horror from this exciting new talent. This, combined with a zing of an ending that turns the reader on their head, makes this a must-read for all horror and thriller fans.
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
First off how awesome is this cover. It's perfect.

There is no way I would want to be in Tatum's shoes. When seeing is believing and only Tatum is privy to the 'seeing', everyone in which she confides in really start to question her sanity.

Sian certainly added the angst to this horror story and had me turning the pages with so much anxiety I just needed to know how this story was going to end. And oh boy, did it end with so much of a shock I didn't see it coming. LOVED IT...

Thanks Sian for anoth
Charlotte
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read for ages 14 and up.
This story was creepy, but I couldn't put it down. There is a mystery under the creepy skeletal girl that I really wanted to know the ending to and that's what kept me turning the page. Poor Tatum thought she might be losing her mind. Her friends were pretty sure she was losing her mind. Her mom wanted to put her into therapy until the person she tried to warn ended up murdered.
This has blood and gore scenes, but it just adds to the creepy factor. The author does an
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed this book.

Once I started I couldn't put it down I needed to know. I didn't want it to end. I got right into the story. the writing was good and the story pulls you in till the very last page.

I can't wait to see what Sian brings us next
Toni Cox
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
After having read ENSNARED, I thought I knew what to expect from Sian B. Claven, but she just keeps getting better.
After the first few chapters, you think to yourself "ok, I know what's happening", and then it all falls to pieces. Claven has a knack for throwing in the unexpected and keeping you guessing until the very end...or until the next book.
I loved Tatum and cannot wait for the next book!
Brian Joseph
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tatum was an intriguing book, easy to read and flowed quite well. An excellent mix of suspense, thriller, horror!!!! Tatum is troubled by her recurring nightmares and starts to notice a pattern in events when mysterious tragedies start happening in her neighborhood to people close to her. She seeks to find out what it all means. It truly keeps the suspense going, even at the end and certainly lives up to its "prequel" status as I am now anxiously awaiting the follow on book Kallista. Overall an ...more
LORRIE
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creepy, chilling and downright scary
Shan Dinnie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just like with Ensnared, I couldn't put Tatum down and finished it in one sitting. Held my attention throughout and kept me guessing the entire time!
Christy O'Dell
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tatum has suffered a loss and is still adjusting. She is your average teen with friends a crush and parties to attend. When Tatum is suddenly plagued with horrible nightmares and visions of a girl no one else can see she thinks she has finally lost it. When people start dying she is convinced it is all connected. Believing that the girl is haunting her she takes control and makes contact trying to find out just what the girl wants to tell her. Tatum knows she isn't crazy, but no one believes her ...more
Jo-Anne Joseph
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and it will not be my last. The story is dark, gripping and intriguing and makes for a brilliant read. I had trouble sleeping after reading it which is a sign of an incredible horror read. Sian has a way of sucking you in from the very first page.
Bradford Dale
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sal
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oooh what a cracking story!
This is a book by a new to me author so I didn’t know what to expect and I have to say I was totally impressed by what I’ve just read, so much so that I will definitely be reading more from this author.
The story is chilling and had me on my toes throughout. Proper good scary/thrilling read.
Ilse Rensburg
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Creepy, engaging and fast-paced. Tatum is the prequel to a series of horror novels by the talented, Sian B Claven and it definitely creates intrigue for the series! Who is behind these gruesome murders? I can't wait to find out! A must read if you enjoy spine-chilling paranormal stories!
Laraphrase
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So scary, unpredictable and fast passed. This book will have you on the edge of your seat and will leave you rushing to lock your doors!
Sian Claven
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Dean Paul Baker
Robyn
added it
Aug 15, 2018
Hailing from Johannesburg South Africa, Sian B. Claven has enjoyed stories for all her life, whether she was reading them or making them. She has written for as long as she can remember, but Ensnared is the first book she decided to publish. Moving towards writing more for the horror / paranormal thriller genre, Sian has subsequently published the first two books in The Butcher Books series, Tatum ...more

The Butcher Books (2 books)
  • Kallista