Start by marking “Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes” as Want to Read:

Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes

A compilation of stories brought to you by eight of your favorite authors. These stories will focus on the people who serve in armed services and the people who love them. All proceeds to go to Healing Paws for Warriors.
ebook
Published July 2018

To ask other readers questions about Branches of Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branches of Healing

Ksandra
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5 Stars

Overall a fantastic anthology. It showcases loss, love, drama, and everything else that goes with military branches. Each story was beautifully written.

Finding Us by Autumn Sand: 5/5

Autumn always has a way of writing the hard romances. Her story finds us watching an ex couple reunite. Lem is the head of the First Daughter's security detail and Ella-the First Daughter- happens to be his ex.

As readers follow their story, it is heart-wrenching and beautiful how Autumn weaves together past
Brooklyn Tayla
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Viper Spaulding
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific collection of short but deeply emotional military romances. Each one was a heartwarming story, but a few stand out as my favorites.

Oscar Mike, by Verlene Landon, takes a familiar setup - widow falls for late husband's best friend - but puts a unique spin on the story. This time, the fallen husband - Jeff - is truly missed by both Cassie and Rob, yet the shared history of all three leads to an amazing revelation and a HEA that is as heartbreaking as it is satisfying. Such beaut
Margaret
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Branches of healing shows us how one event can effect so many different people. We also see the many sides of grief and how each person grieves differently. Each of the stories also reminds us that even when we are in our darkest moments there is hope. Something will happen to spark the life back into you. Be it a nine year old girl, an old flame, or your best friends sister you swore you would never touch, all you have to do is grab it while you can.

I loved all the stories that were included in
CeeJay Daisy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❤🌼🔥BRANCHES OF HEALING, A GOOD BOOK FOR A GOOD CAUSE ❤🌼🔥
BRANCHES OF HEALING (Tales of Unsung Heroes)
This is a compilation of short stories written by eight authors, about people who serve our country and their loved ones.. All proceeds go to Healing Paws For Warriors....❤🌼🔥
Honestly, I bought this book to read SAVING GRACE,the short story written by J. L. Leslie,....and it, alone, was more than worth the price....❤🌼🔥
Dawson and Grace and her brother, Will, have been best friends from childhood, an
Liz
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect collection of romantic and heart-warming novellas with a common thread of the military life woven throughout each. For an anthology it read pretty quickly and I found myself engaged with every book, of course some more than others, but all were at least four star reads. I find that a rarity for such large anthologies as this, so I was nicely surprised. There were some favorite authors of mine featured, and I was introduced to some new ones to stalk now, BONUS! Since I really ...more
Angela
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Branches of Healing is an anthology of stories by eight accomplished authors; whose works here include stories about people serving in the armed forces, and their loved ones. These stories touched me, made me feel, at times made me smile- but most of all they engaged me from the beginning right through till the end.

The Anthology includes:
-Finding Us by Autumn Sand.
-Aftermath by Amy Allen.
-Broken in Battle by Ava Lyn Wood.
-Without You by Bella Emy.
-Saving Grace by J.L Leslie.
-The Last Let
Mindy Bigham
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Branches of healing is an anthology from many different authors. Majority of the stories focus around one event and how it effects people in different ways. I usually find myself not liking at least one of the stories when it comes to anthologies. I absolutely loved all of these stories. I am not going to lie to you, I cried for the majority of them. My family has military background and these stories hit me right in the heart.

You get to re
Lori Amey
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is eight stories by eight different authors. They are all centered around romance. I loved each story and will definitely be checking out the new to me authors. This book touch my heart!! This is a must read, get your copy today.
Becky Ballenger
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is PHENOMENAL!!!!! I absolutely loved every single story in this book!!!! Every author really poured themselves into their stories!!! I normally don’t read anthologies, but this one I JUST HAD TOO!!!! I couldn’t help myself!!!!
Jessica
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I enjoyed this anthology! I do wish many of the stories were longer and I hope the authors will be bringing these characters back to us whether it be in another anthology or in book of its own. This set are about military men and women.

Finding Us by Autumn Sand 5/5 Stars I loved Lem and Ella. Head of security and Daughter of President. They had a past but pretend that they don't know each other. This was a great story but I so wanted more of these characters and others as well.

Aftermath by Amy A
Laura Furuta
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes
By: Autumn Sand (Author), Amy Allen (Author), Ava Lynn Wood (Author), Bella Emy (Author), J.L. Leslie (Author), Lorah Jaiyn (Author), Natalia Schellhaas (Author), Verlene Landon (Author)
5 out of 5 stars

The anthology Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes is an amazing set of stories that I loved reading. I was hooked from the very first story and I didn’t want to put it down until I had finished the final one. They are stories that include love, lo
Melanie Hawkins
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Amazing

These authors have come together and made a group of stories of different people in the Military that suffer due to this one event in their lives. Granted I have never been in any of these peoples shoes before, but I have been part of the Military world for a long time and now I have a son right in the middle of it now.

Each one of these stories were different but they each gave you a sense of lose, but you were along for the struggle with them. You feel like you are right there
Rosie Chapel
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this anthology is incredible. So many different perspectives based around one catastrophic incident, I was hooked form the first page. Some authors I had read before, others were new to me, and this is a great way to discover them. They were all excellent but my favourites were - 'Finding Us' by Autumn Sand, 'Aftermath' by Amy Allen, and 'Without You' by Bella Emy. I laughed, was moved to tears (a lot), was heartbroken and uplifted - so many emotions, and for me the power of hope and of pos ...more
Mackenzie  Raye
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book! Each story just as captivating as the next. I must be honest, one story wasn’t as intriguing as the rest, but it might just be me. Without taking anything away from each author, I’d note all the italics made it hard for me to read the book and feel lost. (Yes, it’s personal but it also note worthy because it triggers headaches behind the eyes making the book extremely difficult to read on a kindle.) This is a book recommend strongly to others; you can feel the emotions with the main ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eight authors bring us amazing short stories about military men and women. The stories behind each of them have to do with loss, heartbreak and just plain finding a way to live again. Each one have great characters that are connectable and their stories will pull you in. The emotional roller coaster ride they each took me on will not soon be forgotten. Each story touched my heart and I highly recommend this book.
Maura
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an anthology of short stories involving different branches of the military. Some of the authors I've read before and others were new to me.

Each story has a common thread but each stands on its own. There are tales of both male and female soldiers. Mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters. There is love and heartbreak and forgiveness.

Each story is short enough that they can be read on quick breaks from adulting.

I am definitely going to be checking out each author's p
Pamela W
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of eight stories featuring military men and women. All together a good read about loss, heartache and finding the courage to move on in life. I enjoyed reading this collection of stories.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Latifa Morrisette
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love anthologies like this. Especially when they go towards a good cause. You get amazing stories from amazing authors. Each is different from the other and so entertaining. Please consider getting this book.
Paula Genereau
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book of stories. You will fall in love with all these authors. Such an amazing anthology
Sue
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing Anthology
By Autumn Sand

Authors:
Autumn Sand, Amy Allen, Ava Lynn Wood, Bella Emy, J.L. Leslie
Lorah Jaiyn, Natalia Schellaas and Verlene Landon

About Branches of Healing
The authors of this anthology have come together to write this wonderful anthology. 100% of the sales for these stories go to a charity called Healing Paws for Warriors. Healing Paws trains rescue dogs who then become companions for veterans who are suffering from PTSD.
The stories I have chosen to review are f
Ashleigh
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing is a selection of stories centred around characters that have served in the armed forces and the different challenges they have experienced. This anthology is packed full of emotion, so be prepared for a rollercoaster read.

While I love a romance read, military romance is perhaps one genre I’ve read less of. This is for no real reason, so when I saw this anthology I decided to take the plunge. I am so pleased I did; I didn’t know how in need of some real, pure emotion and fee
E.A.
Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes by Collected Authors was a emotional, powerful read that really hit home.

This is a collection of eight different stories by eight different authors. Coming in at 337 pages, this isn't a long book, it's just like a normal novel, just broken down into eight novellas, you could say. So don't worry about it being in that 1000 page rang, and feeling overwhelmed.

I'm going to review this as a collection, because of the shortness of each story any small deta
Jana
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing is a ‘not-leaving-a-dry-eye’ compilation of stories by eight incredible writers AND on top of that, ALL proceeds go to Healing Paws for Warriors! So not only did I pick up this compilation because I love Autumn Sand and Verlene Landon but also because it has such a great cause! I loved the beautiful stories by Autumn and Verlene (I knew there could not be anything less) AND I love that I was introduced to some other new and amazing writers that I have now noted down in my ‘to ...more
Robin Rankin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing : Tales of Unsung Heros is an amazing anthology written by Autumn Sand, Amy Allen, Ava Lynn Wood, Bella Emy, J.L. Leslie, Lorah Jaiyn, Natalia Schellhaas and Verlene Landon.

I loved each of these stories. They were all connected by a single event but that is the only connection, otherwise these are individual stories. Well aside from me crying while reading each story.

Finding Us by Autumn Sand was the first story. Ella is the first daughter and Lem is her assigned secret servi
Lisa
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibbb-year2
Branches in Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes
By Autumn Sand and others
Rated 5 stars

All of these authors (and the list is impressive) did a wonderful job sending me through different scenarios. This is a series of short stories that all deal with the aftermath of war. It’s about their healing and whatever it takes for them to feel better. Whether they are a service man or woman or the family/spouse left behind. Sometimes it takes understanding, forgiveness of self and love to recover from these tra
Katie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Branches of Healing Anthology
Contributing authors: Autumn Sand, Amy Allen, Ava Lynn Wood, Bella Emy, J.L. Leslie, Verlene Landon, Natalia Schellhaas, Lorah Jaiyne
5 stars

I was really looking forward to reading this anthology, there a couple of authors in it who I love and some new to me authors too so I was excited to read work by new people! I wasn’t disappointed at all with the stories in this anthology – they were all amazing reads. All brought out so many emotions in me as a reader and I don’
Kerry Baker
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Branches Of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes is a brilliant, well put together anthology. A collaboration between eight amazing authors has produced a selection of some amazing stories, all in the aid of charity.
All the stories are based around heroes who serve in the armed services. The stories are both heart breaking and heart warming, designed to pull out all of the emotions. For me I found myself sinking into these stories right from the start. Something about the fact that these could all be
Katie Kearney
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing: Tales of Unsung Heroes. By Autumn Sand (Author), Amy Allen (Author), Ava Lynn Wood (Author), Bella Emy (Author), J.L. Leslie (Author), Lorah Jaiyn (Author), Natalia Schellhaas (Author), Verlene Landon (Author)
This collection of amazing stories is just what I was looking for, a set that takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride and has you believing in love.Every story in this set grabbed me right from page one. I love when authors come together to make such wonderful pi
Michelle Austin
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Branches of Healing was an emotional 5 star read of a compilation of stories from eight authors.
What's even better is all proceeds from this story are going to the “Healing Paws for Warriors”

All of these stories will pull you right in and leave you with so many different emotions. They all are connected in a way but have different stories. A couple of these authors were new to me and I definitely plan on reading more from them. Make sure you have the kleenex ready you will need them. Once I star
Autumn Sands was born and raised in New York City. Considering herself a true New Yorker in every way from the restaurants that she eats to the shoe fetish she has. Oh yes at one time Autumn has had a shoe collection of 300 and has the credit card statements to prove it. Other than shoe shopping she has various interests such as reading, writing, and traveling. Autumn has worked in the fashion ind ...more