Start by marking “Under The Rising Sun (Absolution, #2)” as Want to Read:
Under The Rising Sun (Absolution, #2)

Under The Rising Sun

(Absolution #2)

I knew what love was. I grew up in it.
The kind of love my mother and step-father had for each other was a constant current of electricity between them that never shorted, never wavered, never broke.
I wanted that all consuming, all powerful, lose your mind, can't breathe without you, drive you mad kind of love.
I found it with my best friend.
We took a year off after high
Published February 21st 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Under The Rising Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under The Rising Sun

Keri Loves Books
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written coming of age story about two best friends who are traveling the world and finding themselves. They are navigating through life, making mistakes and finding forever.

Rourke and Christian have been friends a long time, then team mates and now something more. Rourke wears his heart on his sleeve, the dependable, grounded, great guy with a supportive family. Christian is gorgeous, short-sighted, impulsive and comes from dysfunctional parents.

These two embark on an epic adventur
Lauren Harwood
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying, I don't know if ill ever be able to find the words to do this book justice. The book is just that good.

The thing I love about Joz Maxel and her writing style is her ability to pull you into the story and make you feel as though you are experiencing things along side her characters.
Under The Rising Sun is a coming of age that follows Rourke and Christian as they travel to find themselves and explore their growing relationship.
This book is filled to the brim with all
Norma
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Growing up seeing a loving family and wanting that so bad. The characters are good friends and decide to take time off and follow a dream of traveling the world before going on to college. They grow closer and realize what love is as they fall in love. The things they had to overcome both while traveling and then when they got home will make you not want to put this book down. The love and caring they showed for each other even when family tried to intervene is awesome. Ha ...more
Lyssa Dawn
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully written m/m coming of age romance. Follow the adventures of Rourke and Christian as they travel all the while learning more about themselves and their budding relationship. It's so easy to fall in love with these two fabulous characters.
Erin Carter
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of The Absolution series but it can definitely be read as a standalone.

Rourke is a young man who has a supportive and loving family. They accept him for who he is and love him no matter what. He knows exactly where is life is headed and decides to take some time off to explore a bit before beginning his work as a full-time apprentice at his step-father’s tattoo shop.

Christian, Rourke’s best friend, can’t say the same. His family is in denial about who is has “chosen” to fall in
Cynthia Carpenter
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two best friends set off on a year long trip over seas. Christian is the first to arrive and meets a party hard type of girl named Keely. When Rourke arrives the start their journey and Keely decides to join them. They have pary after party. And do stuff. That maybe they shouldn't but they are vacation. Christian and Rourke are in a relationship and they don't know where its headed. They have to make some choices that will affect everyone. When on falls in love with other. Will this rip them apa ...more
Donna
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Under The Rising Sun is a beautifully written exploration of first love, and all the joy and hardship it encompasses.

Rourke and Christian's journey takes them to the other side of the world, where the freedom they find emboldens them to discover their true selves, and allows them to find true love and friendship.

The three central characters are wonderfully three dimensional and the story flows well, keeping you engaged from start to finished. A thoroughly enjoyable read that I highly recommend.
Rhiannon Hall
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Under the Rising Sun it's a beautiful follow on book from My Absolution, Its beautifully written and hit me right in the feels.

Rourke and Christian's story is one of passion and love but also HOT as Hell!!
I love the side character Keely I think that girl should have a book of her own I would love to get to know her better I feel like she has a story to tell and if she does I will certainly be listening!

All in all I loved this book from start to finish and I really didn't want it to end❣
Autumn Bryant
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written book about family, friendship, finding yourself, and most of all love. I was hooked from the first word to the last. If you have not read this series you need to one click now!!
Shauna Stevenson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Reading Through Her Eyes book blog.

I have been waiting for Joz Maxel’s second book in the My Absolution series for months and I have to say that I was not disappointed. This book was beautiful. The depiction of new, young love was inspiring and heartfelt.

Rourke and Christian’s story is one of self-discovery, acceptance, and ultimately love. The two embark on a journey together of epic proportions for people so young. They travel the world having amazing adventures, making m
Valerie Degeorge
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Under The Rising Sun is a beautiful heartfelt “coming of age “ story about two best friends experiencing life’s journey and finding themselves and their true feelings towards each other.

This is Book 2 in The Absolution Series by Joz Maxel although it can be read as a stand-alone I personally feel reading book 1 “My Absolution “ you will experience more of the main character Rourke who we meet and get to see his back story and also the book is a beautiful story.

Without giving anything away, bec
The Redhead
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. After reading My Absolution, I could not wait to download this book.

I read it cover to cover without stopping. I knew I had to learn more about Rourke and Christian. I needed to know how and if they would find each other. I wondered is they would be accepted. How was traveling over seas going to give them the space to connect? I was full of questions I needed answered now.
Reading My Absolution is not necessary before reading this one, it does compliment the story a lot. L
Amy Stephens
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed My Absolution soooo much, I went into Under the Rising Sun blindly. Everything about Joz Maxel's writing is beautiful so I knew I was in for another powerful story.

I was pleasantly surprised that this story was about Rourke and Chris--not at all what I was expecting but it didn't matter because once I started reading, there was no stopping until I reached the end. Under the Rising Sun was an epic journey that really touched my heart and soul. I love that the author took this route wit
Betsy Pfaller
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Under the Rising Sun is the coming of age story of friendship, temptation, love and discovery. Rourke and Christian decide to spend to travel the world after high school graduation. At their first stop they meet Keely who turns their duo into an unexpected trio. The friendship between the three is sometimes fun, sometimes sad and sometimes startling.

For Rourke and Christian what started as a friendship, blossomed into so much more than they ever could have expected. Not only do they have an inc
Caroline
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story about love. This was a gorgeous coming of age story, reading it I felt was was there watching it happen, couldn't put it down until the end. A great continuation of Book 1, My Absolution, definitely read these books in order to get the most out of the story.

Rourke and Christian have been best friends for a long time, this developed into attraction as they matured into teens. They have finished high school and are planning the travel the world. They are looking for adv
Angela DeMarco
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Under The Rising Sun by Joz Maxel is her first m/m book. She did a beautiful job in telling the story of Rourke and Christian. A story about family, friendship, finding your true self, and love.

Best friends, who embark on a journey to travel the world. Along the way they meet new friends, find themselves, and explore their feelings for one another. Of course with all relationships there is always ups and downs, it can’t always be perfect. Watching these two face those obstacles together was pre
Brenda Travers
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Under The Rising Sun, it was my first introduction into the world of Rourke and Christian. It was beautifully written and cleverly constructed. What I loved was the elects of stepping back into the past to make you be in the moment of the book.

I loved the journey of these two characters, the relationships they developed along the way including their own. Let’s not forget Keely, her character intrigued me. There is so much more to her.

This is a great read, action packed and full of emot
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful “coming of age” story, about friendship, love and self discovery. Two soul-mates travel the world, in order to find and accept themselves. This is a well written flawless story, which is emotional and heartfelt, and I was totally captivated throughout this engaging page turner, and I cannot wait to read more from this talented author, who I highly recommend for all readers!
Rosa C Moreno
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Joz, I love Rourke and Christian's love story. Two best friends that went to experience the world without a worry, but only to find their true feelings for each other. I couldn't put the book down.
Kimberly Ann
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

I'd like to start first by saying that this is my first ever M/M read... and I loved it! This story had all the sizzle and spice. Kept me hanging on every word and craving more.
#OneClick
Elizabeth Barnett
Review

Wow this book was amazing heartfelt and everything I love it so much if I could give it more than 5 stars i would i felt every emotion written on the page it was wonderful
Wendy Ballard
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gemma Crowe
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series! This is Rourke and Christian’s story about their growing feelings for each other.
Wendy Ballard
Feb 20, 2018
Harper Phoenix
Oct 09, 2017

Absolution (3 books)
  • My Absolution (Absolution, #1)
  • Down The Rabbit Hole (Absolution, #3)