Start by marking “At Any Price (Gaming the System, #1)” as Want to Read:
At Any Price (Gaming the System, #1)

At Any Price

(Gaming the System #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  16,557 ratings  ·  1,545 reviews
Achievement Unlocked: Geek Virgin

When Mia Strong, proud geek-girl and popular gaming blogger, auctions off her virginity online, she knows she'll make waves. But what she will not be making is a love connection. Her rules are set in stone: One night. No further contact.

It's a desperate step, but it's the only way she can go to medical school and pay her mother's mounting h
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 391 pages
Published January 13th 2014 by Silver Griffon Associates (first published December 9th 2013)

·  16,557 ratings  ·  1,545 reviews

Candace
This is another book that had been sitting on my Audible shelf for quite some time now. I'm determined to work my way through my audiobooks before I buy any more. Finally, I'm starting to make a dent in my stack.

'At Any Price' was a good, but not great, read for me. It tells the story of Mia, a young video game blogger/aspiring medical student. Mia decides to auction off her virginity in order to pay for school and to help her mother, who has been financially crippled by her expensive cancer tr
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
UPDATE JULY 18TH
Adding safety warnings at the end of the review.
****FREEBIE ALERT--PERMANFREE*****

This book is like a permanent free book. You don’t need to have a kindle you only need to have an amazon account.
The first time I heard of this book was years ago through Anne Rice’s facebook page. She posted a link to Brianna’s blog . Miss Aubrey explained how this book was auctioned and got the interest of some publishing houses but she rejected the conctract that would pay her a good fortune an
• Lisa •
3.5 GAMING STARS

description

I was kindly approached by the author to read and review her up and coming novel 'At any price', reading the blurb I was quite excited about diving into this gaming romance. So with some time on my hands and an expectation of an original storyline I jumped right in, here are my book thoughts ..

What's it all about?
Mia Strong, medical student and expert gaming blogger is the queen of staying in control of her life. So when her decision to auction her virginity via her blog takes a
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

So... this was a case of "I liked it but didn't love it"...

➦I enjoyed the gaming aspect of the book. The heroine is a female gamer in a MMORPG and has a very popular gaming blog about the game she plays. She struggled big time financially; we are talking barely enough money to eat. She has a dream of going to medical school and so she comes up with this idea of selling her virginity at an online auction........

➦Come in wealthy CEO of a gaming company... (I'm not giving any spoilers, it's in the
Brenna Aubrey
Sign up for the author newsletter for news on new releases, bonus scenes, etc.

Read the prequel to AT ANY PRICE. Mia's story, GIRL GEEK.

This love had cost me more than three quarters of a million dollars. It had cost me my heart. And there was no buying it back--at any price. It belonged to him. Forever.

Adam and Mia's story is a complete trilogy. The follow-up novels are available now:

At Any Turn (Gaming the System Book 2)

At Any Moment (Gaming the System Book 3)

Excerpt from At Any Price ~ Adam

Release Date: December 9th, 2013
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

At any Price was incredibly sexy, intense and full of action story that certainly succeeded in keeping me on my toes. I was enjoying myself the entire time I was reading it and never, not even for a second I thought about doing something else. This quirky novel hooked me and turned out to be surprising, pleasurable story, that definitely is four
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu3 by sb_zpsl0ntjcjl.gif

Book 1 & 2 FREE on Amazon US today (3/6/2017)

Series complete.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

BLURB:
Achievement Unlocked: Geek Virgin
It's a desperate step, but it's the only way she can go to medical schoo
Michelle Pickett
Some weeks ago I reviewed a book about a young woman who auctioned off her virginity. It was a very good book and I gave it a high review. I’m not going to name it here, but you can look back at my past reviews to find it if you’re interested. So, when I picked up “At Any Price” which is about a 22 year-old woman who auctions off her virginity, I thought I was going to get a story similar to the first book I read…you know how trends start. One person writes a vampire book and then everyone write ...more
nicklein
ANTICLIMACTIC
FRUSTRATING
ANNOYING
PREDICTABLE

Those are the words that I would associate with this read.

It was meh and okay enough but the premise actually had the potential to be great if only the author focused on character development big time. The main characters were too dull and flat and infuriating like hell.

Also they lack certain realness in them.

Plus, their actions and words clashed. Doing one thing and then saying another later. But the most twisted thing was when their words seem to cont
Christie«SHBBblogger»
"Everything was spinning around me and I-I was spinning too, delirious with want. Like a woman drowning in the middle of a stormy sea, in desperate need of a life raft. That sea was Adam Drake and he was pulling me adrift, stranding me in some strange and forgotten land."

I am really digging on what seems to be a new trend in romance...geeks. Nerds. Intelligent strong women. The days of helpless girls waiting for their Prince Charming to rescue them is so last year. *winks* I like sassy girls. Gi
Wil Loves Books!
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
4.5 stars!!!

This is another book/series I've owned for years but had never read. Simply put, I loved it. It was a little predictable but it kept me hooked the entire time. Loved both the hero and heroine. Will definitely jumped right into book 2. The audio book is also fantastic. Super recommend!!!
Alyssa
You guys - this book was AMAZING.

Like in the way that you've read a million and two freebie romances in which the poor (literally: broke, no money) and naive twenty something virgin gets wrapped up with a hottie billionaire who seems to have no heart and only wants to get into her panties... and they all end the same way... and you've read this tired plot line before and you know the characters because they're all the same...

BUT THIS BOOK TOTALLY WASN'T LIKE THIS.

Any review that I write will NO
Willow Madison
Thank Gawd that's over! If this wasn't for a reading challenge, I would've DNF'd this one. I got through it, barely, by skimming from 69% on. Why do I remember the 69% so precisely? That'd be when we finally get some real action between the MCs, that's why!

I normally wouldn't post spoilers, but frankly feel that there are no real spoilers with this book. It's a tale of a 22 yr old virgin selling the privilege to her 'piece of skin' as she refers to it. There are no shocks or surprises in the bo
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I spent a half hour writing a review and my computer crashed on me right when I was almost done. I will try again to review this properly in a few days when I'm not as frustrated as I am right now. But I loved the book. Yay for that.
Lindsay
4.5

This was a fun book to get me through a power outage. I was looking for something light to read since there was nothing else to do, and I couldn’t lose hours of time on GR, so I decided to give this a shot.

From page one, I was hooked. The Manifesto written by Mia was funny and insightful to the historical significance to a woman’s virginity. And her solution was quite…unusual. I can’t say I would use her solution, but it definitely set up one crazy (funny) romance.

But our Mia wasn’t all bub
Writer
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Writer by: Christie Parker

EXQUISITE!...FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD

The sheer beauty of this book knows no bounds, it is for me, one of the best novels written, yet by a newbie! It is a roller coaster precious emotions that while reading carry you along, you feel the energy and electricity sizzles between Adam and Mia.

This story is achingly beautiful that it followed me around, the memory of Adam and Mia stayed with me, it haunts me long after I've put the book down. Ms.Aubrey has the makings of a master story teller, she kn
Nat | thevoiceofthewolf  ☽
1,5 bored stars

I'm very happy I could finally click on the "I am finished" button. This sure af was a boring plot. The blurb sounded tempting and I thought I was in for a wild ride. Ha. Ha. HA. Well, I wasn't.

A. The blurb and the beginning of the book promised a somewhat feminist heroine (which sure af is a rare thing in Romance novels). And it wasn't delivered.

B. I did not feel it at all. Both main characters were absolutely not relatable to me, neither where the other characters in the book. M
K.M. Montemayor
There were two reasons why I picked this book up. The premise sounded interesting and it was free. What kept me reading was the quick-paced plot and the easy-flowing writing style.

4.5/5 stars. It was like Fifty Shades of Grey meets Pretty Woman, with some Ready Player One thrown in.

Mia, a twenty-two-year old geeky gamer decides to auction off her V-card to the highest bidder. She does so online on her blog. She gives several pro-feminist reasons for doing so in her Virgin Manifesto. Men througho
Jessica Brandon
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At Any Price
Brenna Aubrey

This ARC was given by Silver Griffon Associates via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I can honestly say I was not thrilled to hear this book was about gaming, but it spiked my interest enough to give it a shot! NEVER judge a book by its cover! My husband is an avid gamer, so I am very familiar with the gaming world and thought to myself how could this make for a good romance novel? Not only is it a great romance novel, but it is sexy as Hell.
Adam and Emilia (M
Coco.V
Oct 31, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/29/2019)! 🎁
Mandi Schreiner
This review has some spoilers.

I had to laugh at myself a bit as I read this book. The blurb threw me off a little. Very rich man bids for innocent heroine’s virginity so she can go to medical school and help her mother who has cancer. Selling your virginity for that? Very noble. (and yes, slight eye roll). But I had heard some good twitter buzz about this one so I decided to try it.

I immediately liked Mia. She posts this virgin manifesto on her popular gaming blog that comes about because:

The a
Carol
Reread: February 6, 2017
Reread Rating: 4/5 stars

OHMYGOD! I love rereading my favorite books because I get to experience the love for the characters and the plot. And this one was just great. I did notice the flaws that other readers have pointed out. For example, the predictability of the plot, but I didn't care about that because the story is so strong that I can look past that. Also, I love how Brenna Aubrey just makes us fall in love with both Mia and Adam. This reminded me why I love this se
Misty
Brenna stole all my sleeps. FOR DAYS.
I couldn't help but love these characters, and love watching them come together.

(I don't mean that last bit dirty, but...you know. That too. ;P )
4.5 Full review to come.
Rahmi
I'd thought the story would be simple like, ' wham, bam, here's your cash, ma'am ' but apparently I was wrong. It was more complicated than that, more drama and more secrets.
Mrs Giggles
Brenna Aubrey's At Any Price is, in many ways, the author's battle scar as well as pride and joy. You may have heard of her rejection of a traditional publishing contract because of the evil influence of authors that had gone indie (rumor has it, Courtney Milan was the dirtiest influence) - they help her realize how you can make more money going the indie route.

As a result, the grognards of the Absolute Write Water Cooler forum raised their heads out of their war bunker, pushing aside the "NO IN
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
I really am in awe of this book, mostly because I was super hesitant to read it because of the subject matter. I read a book about a girl auctioning off her virginity before and I seriously disliked it. The topic itself makes me skeptical and, having read that other book, I wasn’t really looking to read about it again. However something about this book and the way it was presented hinted at a deeper story, so I gave it a chance. I am so, so glad I did, because At Any Price ended up being one of ...more
Paula  Phillips
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As a blogger myself and someone who identifies as a Geek Chic, this book sounded perfect as it was definitely up my alley. Of course, it also had the bonus of a virginity auction and gaming. Mia Strong is known to the world as Girl Geek, a game, and a blogger. She is also 22 years old and a virgin. With everything going on and her mum being sick and the medical bills/ mortgage piling up. Mia comes up with the idea that she will auction off her virginity to the highest bidder. Once the ball start
Deniz
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you would have asked me around a third into the book what I was thinking, I would have answered: kinda cliche and predictable.
But then, don't ask me exactly when, but somehow Adam and Mia became dear to me. I suddenly didn't really care that it's mighty cliche and very predictable. I honestly don't.
In fact I am so taken by those two that I am going to read the next installment asap.

While the storyline is not the most unique and as I mentions a couple of times already, it's predictable. This
Fran
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great surprise! I had this for a while now but had been putting it off and so I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Right in the end, I got emotionally invested on Adam and Mia. If only it had been a standalone and not a series as it could have easily ended with an epilogue.

Don't let the nerd/geek premise phase you. Basically, this is about a young successful CEO and an aspiring but struggling medical student.

Heather
This one was just "ok" for me. Nothing overly special about it but I finished it.
E-readers, which one do you prefer? 1 2 Jul 16, 2018 09:19AM
Read a FREE Prequel to this novel... 2 7 Aug 07, 2017 06:48PM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: MAIN: Gaming the System Series *Spoilers* 11 138 Jul 21, 2017 09:36PM
The Challenge Fac...: Runell & Dre - At Any Price 17 18 May 15, 2017 11:56AM