Start by marking “Midnight Blue” as Want to Read:
Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  23,769 ratings  ·  2,922 reviews
It should have been easy.
I needed the money. He needed a babysitter to keep him from snorting himself to death.
I was cherry-picked especially for him. Responsible. Optimistic. Warm. Innocent.
The worst part is that I should have known better.
Alex Winslow. British rock star. Serial heartbreaker. Casanova with whiskey eyes.
“Don’t get near the devil in a leather jacket. He’ll
Published January 16th 2018 (first published February 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Blue, please sign up.
Obsessive Book Whore Hi Jan! The book will by out January 21st (squeeee) and there will not be a pre-order link for it.…moreHi Jan! The book will by out January 21st (squeeee) and there will not be a pre-order link for it. (less)

·  23,769 ratings  ·  2,922 reviews

Start your review of Midnight Blue
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

! Midnight Blue (stand-alone). British bad boy rocker must be on his best behavior with innocent girl hired to baby-sit him while on tour!

“There was a fire to him and it was going to consume him one day.”

Midnight Blue (stand-alone) takes us on a world-wide tour with British bad boy rock Alex Winslow aka The Little Prince and his new “baby-sitter” aka assistant Indigo Bellamy, Indie aka Stardust aka New Girl.

Indie is to help keep the fresh-out-of-rehab Alex out of trouble and work closely
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

Unfiltered review here. . . https://wp.me/p7ZSCH-49S

This was me when L.J. Shen announced Midnight Blue.

This was me after I read Midnight Blue.

Alex got on my damn nerves. He was just an asshole. Not a good asshole. Just a fucking asshole.

Indigo annoyed the shit out of me. She was just, just, just. . . a living and breathing contradiction. The girl couldn’t stand behind her convictions for a good 75-80% of the book. I can’t stand females like that. You know those girls who say they
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
"All true meanings are hidden. Life is full of secrets, and narrow-minded people, and sugar-coated, empty conversations that hold no weight. What's real is what's inside us. What's important is what we feel."

I'd been anticipating Midnight Blue ever since it was announced, not only because it is written by one of my favorite authors, but I had been dying for an amazing rock star romance, too. I knew if anybody could give it to me, it would be Leigh. I wasn't wrong either, because she knocked it
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"The most important dance you’ll have in your life is one that does not require music."

description

I enjoyed this. I actually did.
There was some aspects to this story that made me laugh out loud and swoon and all that jazz. But unfortunately, those aspects were not as reoccurring as I would have liked. Maybe it was all the hype that I thought this was going to be another killer. I just can't get myself to give this more than 3 stars. But as I said, I really genuinely enjoyed it. If you are a romance
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

He was larger than life. A one-man show, even when he was off the stage.

Hands down my top favorite rockstar romance ever. Full of angst, beautifully broken characters, sizzling romance and a plot that keeps you glued to the pages from beginning to finish, it's no wonder Midnight Blue is one of my first top reads of 2018. I loved it SO HARD.
Alex Winslow was beautiful in a way storms were—only from afar. Just like them, he had the power to sweep and ruin you, two things I was too busy
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*

5 "Broken Prince" Stars

I am in love with Alex Winslow! He has stolen my heart and imprinted on my romance loving soul.
We all know L.J. Shen writes some of the best alphas and assholes out there. It’s even in her motto…bringing alphas to their knees. However, with Midnight Blue she surpasses ALL expectations. The writing is AMAZING, the characters are complex, and the action is entertaining. The drama and angst are definitely ramped up in this one. Gird your loins, folks! This world tour
A.

This was either so fucking good or my poor soul was too book-starved after not having been able to touch a single book for 20 days.

Although, I suspect it’s the former because I’m in love with this book.

QUICK REVIEW:

Depth of the book: 5/5
POV: dual, 1st person
Triggers: (view spoiler)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Once upon a time, a mere mortal fell in love with a rock god.

MIDNIGHT BLUE: is a standalone romance novel by L.J. Shen. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’. In this we meet 'Alex Winslow' & 'Indigo Bellamy'.

Knowing that L.J. Shen was bringing us a rocker book all us stalker whores jumped on the band wagon and did what we’re not shameless to admit we begged on crawled knees to get our grubby little hands on this, this was one of my most highly anticipated January reads.

In the ‘Prologue’
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Alex Winslow was a tornado, impacting everything and everyone on his way to destruction."

What do I say? What do I even say to that! This is seriously one of those reviews where you just want to scream, "GO READ THIS BOOK. DON'T BOTHER WITH REVIEWS. ONE CLICK. READ RIGHT NOW." It's phenomenal, and if you are a fan of angst... whew, baby...

THIS IS ALL FOR ANGST LOVERS!

I'm telling you, I inhaled Midnight Blue. I couldn't take a breath until it was done. Angsty, steamy, turbulent, gritty,
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Once upon a time, a rock god
fell for a mere mortal.”

Wow! Oh wow! I know we’ve all done this a thousand times or more since L.J. revealed the cover, but can we all please just take a moment again to ogle, ummmm I mean, admire the cover and the fine specimen that adorns it. Ok…… just give me a sec……. right, now onto my review. This book is EVERYTHING to me and more. L. J. Shen is one of my favorite authors for a reason, and just when I think her books can’t possibly get any better, she
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Holy. Freaking. Wow!! That’s all I can think of now that I’ve reached the end of this story. Honestly, I’m just grateful that I came out of this in one piece. While reading this book, it felt like Leigh essentially ripped my heart out, juggled it, pricked it with some pins, kicked it around for shits and giggles, took it out to the range for target practice, made it into roadkill, and dunked that bad boy right back in my chest.

It was the FEELS!!

For once, I wasn’t the one talking to my
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Once upon a time, a mere mortal fell in love with a rock god. You probably know this is not a fairy tale by now. Mortals and gods don’t mix.

MIDNIGHT BLUE is an enemies to lovers romance between an ultimate bad boy British rocker and a feisty and eclectic American girl. The blurb of this book is what enticed me to want to read it. I have a thing for British book boyfriends and the cherry on top was that he was a Rock God as well. I wasn’t
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
"I don't want to fall in love with you"
"You don't seem to have much choice"

I loved this book so much!! Its 2:00am and I have to wake up in 5 hours but I couldn’t stop reading. I know I always say this but I think this is my favorite L.J. Shen book to date.

I am in love with Alex Winslow. There I said it. I fell in love with a hot, foul-mouthed jerk. Alex is a tormented hero and I am a sucker for those. He's a brilliant musician dealing with fame, addiction and many demons. He has an awful
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

I swooned, I definitely swooned over this one, and yes, I’m still swooning over yet another drool worthy rockstar. This book is definitely a book that literally takes hold of you and doesn’t let you go until the very end. I will say this, my heart, oh my aching heart is trying to slow down its beats still. The ups and downs, the highs and lows, the slaps and punches, it literally had me smiling, laughing, crying, and begging all at once.

I’ve tried to sit and think how exactly to put what this
Dilek VT
Ms Shen usually either blows my mind by her talent, as in Vicious, or disappoints me greatly, as she did in the rest of the Sinners series.

As for Midnight Blue, I disliked the first half of it and thought the second half was quite good but unfortunately, that couldn’t save the book for me.

3 stars out of 2,5

The writing:

- This is a long book with approximately 350 pages.

- It is told by dual point of view, both by Indie and Alex.

- The writing is talented as always because Ms. Shen has a skilled
L.J. Shen
Jan 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE and free with Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US https://goo.gl/98sEFG
Amazon UK https://goo.gl/W3qJri
Amazon CA https://goo.gl/uLzVLP
Amazon AU https://goo.gl/ChF89g
Liz
"I don't want to fall in love with you."
description

Midnight Blue is a deeply complex read with a broken British Rock Star and a sweet American girl sent on rocking tour in order to keep him sober. But we all know what happens when you add gasoline to a fire...

description
"You. You said you loved to see how we burn together. So you took a match. Lit us up. And now we burn forever."
Alex Winslow is on the top of his game. He is a successful rock star with good friends, a million fans, and plenty of swagger. When his
Helena Hunting
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are just so many feels in this book. It's emotional, thought provoking, intense, heartbreaking, heart wrenching, soul shredding. You get the picture. I know whenever I pick up a book by LJ I'm in for an emotional ride, and Midnight Blue is no exception.

I'm looking forward to nursing this sweet book hangover.
Paige
5+ “Blue” Stars

Ms. Shen at her absolute best. This is a work of art and will absolutely be one of the best books I read this year. It was incredibly written, heartbreakingly raw and ran the gamut of emotions and I would not have changed one single thing.

Alex is a rock star. He is THE rockstar. Every guy wants to be him and every girl wants to do him. He’s instanely talented, a true lover of his fans but he’s also grouchy and mean with real troubles. And his troubles have landed him in hot
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, rock-star

5 STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Now. I heard that L.J. Shen's heroes are always an acquired taste. I love them multi-layered, complicated and broken, bordering on asshole just as much as the good guys. But Miss Shen's are supposed to be about ten steps up from those so finally getting a shot at reading one of her books had me thrilled.

Indie's need for money makes her interview and take a job as a sobriety companion of one of the most famous contemporary rockstars. Alex is a hot
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

L.J Shen can never disappoint me, even when she's writing a character that I should hate. Alex was such a jerk and had no care about anyone else's life but his own. But L.J came in and wrote this story with such strong character development that it made me love Alex.

We're not just thrown into the middle of Alex's story, we're taken on his journey from the first time he decided for himself that he needed to change his ways. I think what made his asshole behavior
Belle Aurora
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear lord… Where do I start with this book?

I think I should begin by saying it has been a very long while – years, even – since I have read such ingenious writing.

There is something about this author. Her dry, quick wit and cleverness with words really pulled me in and almost immediately after starting this book, I was invested in the characters.
All of them.
Every single one.
Devastatingly invested.

I found myself re-reading certain sentences purely to experience them all over again.

Guys…
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest opinion

4,5 “blood pressure through the roof” stars

To get the plot out of the way (because it will be long overflow of rant and frustration and…): Alex is a Rockstar out of rehab that succeeded in sinking his former album and behaved VERY badly. He needs to make his next tour a success (read “not get cocked up, not trash motel rooms, no nude picks of his male parts yada, yada”) and produce a decent new album. Oh and I forgot: not chase his
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 -5 stars

This is by far my favorite book from L.J. Shen!Midnight Blue is the intense,frustrating,heart wrenching,hot and ultimately beautiful story of Alex and Indie!Omg wow this book was everything,I felt every emotion!My heart aching with these two.They drive me crazy in a good way.

description

Alex and Indie were so perfect for each other, they have amazing chemistry and there was always tension when these two were at the same room!I fall in love with them slowly and I couldn't get enough of them!I
Wendy
4.5+stars.jpg (1000×300)

It is well known, that this author knows how to write some delicious asshole alpha males. Her series"Sinners of Saint"series is a perfect example. I loved that series !! I am a big fan of redeemable assholes, so when I heard she was gonna write about a rockstar...I was all over it !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor all over that like white on rice gif

This one is aboutAlex Winslow and Indigo (Indie) Bellamy.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Alex' career has been going down hill lately, because of his public behavior. He is just as out of control as his drughabbit is.... So his agent and publisher
~♡AB♡~
I'm finding lately that I am more drawn to stories that build up slowly - complex characters that have hidden depths and unravel organically as the story progresses, emotions that creep up on you, plotlines that are unpredictable and raw and sometimes uncomfortable. All these elements, along with poetically written prose and a deep sense of emotion is what makes a book one that I will remember out of all the thousands of books that I have read - Midnight Blue is one that I won't forget.

Alex, a
Snow
And another one has fallen...

It's no secret I love L.J. Shen 's stories, her writing, her assholery alphas and equally formidable heroines...

So, this book was " the shit", I shit you not!

I havent been this excited about a 'rocker' character ever since my last and only fave "Jimmy Ferris" from Ms. Kylie Scott's Lead (Stage dive #3)

The bottom line is,
Anything essential is invisible to the eye.

Cause like all great love stories, there are layers and layers of complex facettes of this
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
First, let's start with that cover....

description

Yummy... with a capital "Y".

And, the story?

description

I'm convinced Ms. Shen has her writing quill set to "nothing short of magic."

description

Seriously... the woman can write a badass alpha-hole like no other.

description

I loved this book told from dual POVs. I saw it went live early... one clicked that mutha and was done with my life for the day. I simply could not put it down.

description

Kids? What kids? Laundry? What laundry? Husband? What husband? Food? Get it yourself, folks, this bitch is busy
Malene
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I’ve read every book from L.J. Shen and I’ve enjoyed them all so I’m sad to say that Midnight Blue was somewhat disappointing. I liked Midnight Blue but I wasn’t blown away. I was certainly entertained and omg how I love Shen’s impeccable and stunning prose. Her imagery is spectacular.

I guess my expectations got the better of me. I struggled with the characters. I felt Alex was the classic stereotype rockstar. Over the top and too much at times but luckily I warmed up to him. It was just too
Olga therebelreader
L.J. Shen took me on one wild and crazy ride with this book. My emotions were all over the place, I laughed, I cried, I screamed at my Kindle, and yes, I was hot and bothered by the time I got through all the steamy scenes too!

I admit I have a hard love for Alex. He isn’t perfect; he’s a complete and utter mess. But I love him, he made me want to be his drug of choice. He’s a cocky rock star with an ego. Indie is a simple girl who has too many family issues and financial problems to deal with.

• Enemies
  • Bad Habit (Bad Love, #1)
  • Look the Part
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • I Hate You
  • Teardrop Shot
  • Sex, Not Love
  • Long Shot (Hoops #1)
  • Bad Intentions (Bad Love, #2)
  • From Lukov with Love
  • Hate Notes
  • Park Avenue Player
  • I Dare You
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
L.J. Shen is USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of contemporary romance books. She lives in California with her husband, son and lazy cat.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading a good book with a glass of wine and catching up on her favorite HBO and Netflix shows.

Yeah, she's a badass like that.

Keep up with L.J. on all platforms:
Newsletter Sign up http://goo.gl/FwfMzr
Facebook
“When I look at you, I see something broken that isn’t worth fixing. And you look at me like I’m a cheap thing to replace the expensive one that’s been stolen from you. See, we’re all vases. And you’re the one scattered on the floor, shattered beyond repair. So I’ll let someone else pick you up. It’s really that simple. Have fun with your temporary glue.” 17 likes
“Life is full of secrets, and narrow-minded people, and sugar-coated, empty conversations that hold no weight. What’s real is what’s inside us. What’s important is what we feel.” 14 likes