Start by marking “oh no” as Want to Read:
oh no

oh no

A humorous and poignant comic collection about disappointments big and small based on the popular webcomic, Webcomic Name.

Alex Norris’ viral webcomic Webcomic Name, has captured the internet’s heart. The disappointed blob and its resigned "oh no" has become a recognizable slogan, tapping into the current internet zeitgeist of self-conscious pessimism to hilarious and hear
Published April 2nd 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about oh no, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about oh no

Start your review of oh no
karen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-laughter

BEFORE THE REVIEW, A STORY:

i wanted this book, so i ordered a copy into the store where i’ve been working. when it came in, i said “YAY!” and brought it over to the register-area to show chloë. we had barely gotten to giggle over ANY of it before a customer glided over and while i was ringing her up, she reached for the book, flipped through it, and added it to her haul.

chloë drawed this to stop my weeping.

***************************

i have read it now, but no time to review it yet - OH NO!

*****
MischaS_
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, comics, english, arc
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Oh no might be simple in the visual field (still better than any my attempts to draw something resembling a human being). But it somehow connects well with the content. The fatality and pathos. It fits way better than some elaborated and detailed drawing. And I always call myself pink blob on a bad day, easy to relate.

Sometimes you as the reader dread to turn the page because you fear what you will see
David Schaafsma
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it

A paperback collection of the greatest hits from Alex Norris’s webcomic, Webcomic Name, featuring a pink constantly disappointed blob, lots of color, simple quick drawings, three panels, with the same running punchline: “oh no”. A less violent Mr Bill (from Saturday Night Live).

See Karen’s (the most popular) review to see some of it. It’s pretty amusing (the work and the review). Seems to resonant with a lot of people online, (since it is described as “viral”).

It works kinda like this: 1) Oh, I
Chad
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, netgalley-2019
Oh, no is what I said when I started reading this. There aren't really any jokes here. It's just a pink blob that makes observations and says "Oh no". It was really quite dumb.

Received a review copy from Andrew McMeel Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
oh no, indeed.

I wasn't familiar with this webcomic aside from seeing one or two bits here and there, but I had liked the ones I'd seen, so I thought this would be cute. It turns out, in fact, that the sense of humor the creator utilizes gets old for me... very fast. :(

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Scarlet Cameo
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rc-19
Well, this isn't my cup of tea. Actually, I thnk that the author is just a troll with this book:

(not so) proof of my believe

There's s few strips that I enjoy, but mostly is relatable jokes that are way to simple to enjoy it.

Fun fact: everytime that said 'oh no' my mind remember a Spongebob Squarepants episode so, that's the tune I hear

A digital copy of this book was provided by NetGalley
Shaimaa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
I have been following Alex Norris on Instagram for a while, so I requested an e-ARC of this book.

Humorous collection of daily struggles. It captures the gloomy disappointments we encounter from funny angles. I could relate to some of these.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
I read about 20% of this and found it really wasn't for me. The drawing style wasn't really to my liking and I found the content to be lackluster. I am DNFing rather than finishing and providing a bad review.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of the Instagram account where these comics gained popularity (it has 379k followers), and if you like the Instagram account then you will definitely enjoy this book as it is equally as funny as the relatable comics Norris has become known for.

While I enjoyed reading this - my rating is more of a 3.5 - I'm not convinced this comic format is suited to book form due to its repetitive structure. This makes a fun coffee table book to dip in and out of but I wouldn't recommend reading i
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simple, but impactful. And I giggled quite a lot.
melhara
I’ve seen many of these disappointing blob comics floating around the internet and they’re so… depressing - it’s hilarious!

Every single comic ends with the punch line “oh no” which somehow just gets funnier with each new comic. They’re also incredibly clever and relatable which just makes it so much better! Also, the childish artwork and sort-of-ugly blobs kind of grows on you with each new comic.

This bored panda post has a great collection of some of my favourite 'Oh No' comic strips. Here are
Peacegal
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars -- I enjoyed this one more than I was expecting to. I appreciated the utterly weird nature of this comic--intentionally drawn poorly, with things such as a cat whose face is in the middle of its body, random squares with what they represent written on them, and of course, our hero, the nameless pink blob. The various problems the main character faces range from minor annoyances to life's existential questions.

You may be inspired to make Oh No comics about your own life, as I did...
Shazia
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Oh No is a great collection of Alex Norris's infamous 3 panel comic strips, all including the same pink blob muttering its catchphrase, "oh no." Quick disclaimer: I've been a huge fan of these comics by Norris so I had a very strong suspicion that I was going to love this book, and I did! It's a super quick read with some sort of scenario or "conflict" being introduced and then the same conclusion in the last panel.

If you don't like silly or relatable things, this might not be for you, especial
Bee
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex Norris's collection from the widely loved Webcomic Name is full of some of the best comics to date and several that have never been seen before. oh no (named for the comic's running gag) is a unique take on "relatable" webcomics, framing daily disappointments in a truly hilarious way. Norris's occasionally absurd art compliments this off-kilter collection perfectly.

I received my copy of oh no from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Etienne
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5/5. Simply draws cartoon that mixed absurdity and social criticism. Funny but very repetitive. They are all three cases cartoons and the last one always end with the characters saying «Oh no» so... repetitive! It's nonetheless funny and entertaining. Not the greatest book of all time but I think it achieve its purpose to entertain!
Katie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! Not because I didn't like it, but because it was too short. Needs more comics! Some people may find the format and punchline repetitive, but I adore these jokes so much that I found it charming instead. I love the adventures of pink blob!
Jess
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Check out my review of Oh No up on my blog now!

Princess
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve seen this around social media, so I am familiar with it and I remember liking most of the comic strips I have read before. The style on the surface is plain and charming, but the simple artwork reveals maturity underneath. Skilled techniques are hidden by the simplistic approach. The use of the paneling, coloring and speech balloons is superb and adds to the meaning and experience. No space is wasted or unplanned here.

This collection is all about adulting. It tackled themes of parenting, c
Amy Layton
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Oh man. These comics will never stop being hilarious. Many I’d seen before, but many I hadn’t. With his cartoon-esque art style, his comic strips get right down the the point, and boy, is the point a little too real sometimes. He makes fun of his own strips, uses his comics to bring up relevant point in today’s society, and even goes so far so as to critique common phenomena around us and how we interact with it. Overall, it’s a funny, light-hearted collection that brings to light many important ...more
Noura
3.5

This little book of comic strips about a pink blob was much more poignant than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. I vaguely remember seeing some of Norris' webcomics floating around but if I was asked to talk about one then I would be hard pressed to recall any.

The deadpan comedy prevails however, it quickly seems to lose its charm as the content get real repetitive real fast. Which is why the ratings was on the lower level but that won't stop me from following Norris' comic and waitin
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I've seen these comics around a lot and I've always quite enjoyed them because a lot of them have the same kind of humour that I have: that is, depressing millennial humour. That being said, in book format this doesn't work quite as well as just seeing them posted in memes on the Internet because it's so repetitive. It's really relatable and cute, though. Oh no.

Thanks to the publisher & Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
stefiereads
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I decided to read this book, I was not expect that this book will be like it is. It's funny and I enjoy it a lot.
It's so relatable and I feel like I am seeing myself in one of those comics. I just like how simple is the illustration yet it delivered all the message right through.
Molly
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, humor, comics, meta
This book is too clever by half. The running gag and repeated punchline shouldn't work for a full book, but they do. Pretty neat.
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Topical and relatable but the genius is in the organizational choices for this compilation.
Bruno
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is so fun that I can read it forever.
*Books end*
Oh No
Cassandra
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, funny
I have nothing bad to say about this book because there's really nothing bad you CAN say. It's a very cute, relatable book about a disappointed little blob and honestly, aren't we all a disappointed little blob at least once a week?

A very quick read, I literally read it all during a conference call at work.
Emily
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a super fun compilation of comics from the popular online comic, Webcomic Name. This captures so much of the angst that particularly younger people feel in today's culture, from introversion to online behaviors to sex and so much more.

The author even pokes fun at the style and repetitive nature of the comics by setting up the Table of Contents and Introduction to the collection calling out the running gag inherent in the "oh no" comics. Despite the necessarily repetitive nature of the
Isaiah
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
To read more reviews check out MI Book Reviews.

I got an ARC of this book.

I can pretty much sum up this book in two words: oh no.

I don't understand who thought it would be a good idea to gather this comic into a printed version. The punchline is always "oh no". It gets really boring really fast. There were even a few comics that referenced this, but they were not enough to make me excited to read it.

I don't even know what I am supposed to review. It was pretty much the same comic over and over a
Basma
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was alright. Quite fun and for just three panels a page some of what's in here is really funny. I love the blob and have been seeing it around the internet for a long time.

I realize that the main theme of this book is "oh no" and it works wonderfully at the beginning and I do find myself laughing, but after a while it loses it's charm no matter how relatable the comic strip is.

(I received a free e-book copy of this title from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.)
Katarina Đurić
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 ••• This pink blob holds a very special place in my heart, and I thoroughly enjoyed this comic collection. I found pretty much all of the comics exceptionally relatable and this kind of humor is my jam. I read it in one sitting, but I would recommend taking your time with this one, otherwise it might get aggressively repetitive if you are not a fan of absurd humor.

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Safely Endangered Comics
  • Sorry I Ruined Your Childhood: Berkeley Mews Comics
  • Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes: Owlturd Comix
  • Poorlier Drawn Lines (Poorly Drawn Lines, #3)
  • Lunarbaboon: The Daily Life of Parenthood
  • False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior
  • Fowl Language: The Struggle Is Real
  • If My Dogs Were a Pair of Middle-Aged Men
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • I Think I Am In Friend-Love With You
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Punching Zoo (Cyanide & Happiness)
  • Us
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories (Poorly Drawn Lines, #1)
  • How to Be Perfectly Unhappy
  • Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life
  • Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1)
  • Loading Penguin Hugs: Heartwarming Comics from Chibird