Start by marking “oh no” as Want to Read:
oh no

oh no

A humorous and poignant comic collection about disappointments big and small based on the popular webcomic, Webcomic Name.

Alex Norris’ viral webcomic Webcomic Name, has captured the internet’s heart. The disappointed blob and its resigned "oh no" has become a recognizable slogan, tapping into the current internet zeitgeist of self-conscious pessimism to hilarious and hear
Published April 2nd 2019 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about oh no, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about oh no

MischaS_
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, arc, comics, funny
***Advance Review Copy generously provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Oh no might be simple in the visual field (still better than any my attempts to draw something resembling a human being). But it somehow connects well with the content. The fatality and pathos. It fits way better than some elaborated and detailed drawing. And I always call myself pink blob on a bad day, easy to relate.

Sometimes you as the reader dread to turn the page because you fear what you will see
karen
Apr 15, 2019 marked it as to-read

i wanted this book, so i ordered it into the store where i’ve been working. when it came in, i said “YAY!” and brought it over to the register-area to show chloë. we had barely gotten to giggle over ANY of it before a customer glided over and while i was ringing her up, she reached for the book, flipped through it, and added it to her haul.

chloë drawed this to stop my weeping.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
oh no, indeed.

I wasn't familiar with this webcomic aside from seeing one or two bits here and there, but I had liked the ones I'd seen, so I thought this would be cute. It turns out, in fact, that the sense of humor the creator utilizes gets old for me... very fast. :(

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Chad
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, 2019-netgalley
Oh, no is what I said when I started reading this. There aren't really any jokes here. It's just a pink blob that makes observations and says "Oh no". It was really quite dumb.

Received a review copy from Andrew McMeel Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Scarlet Cameo
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rc-19
Well, this isn't my cup of tea. Actually, I thnk that the author is just a troll with this book:

(not so) proof of my believe

There's s few strips that I enjoy, but mostly is relatable jokes that are way to simple to enjoy it.

Fun fact: everytime that said 'oh no' my mind remember a Spongebob Squarepants episode so, that's the tune I hear

A digital copy of this book was provided by NetGalley
Shaimaa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
I have been following Alex Norris on Instagram for a while, so I requested an e-ARC of this book.

Humorous collection of daily struggles. It captures the gloomy disappointments we encounter from funny angles. I could relate to some of these.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
I read about 20% of this and found it really wasn't for me. The drawing style wasn't really to my liking and I found the content to be lackluster. I am DNFing rather than finishing and providing a bad review.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm a big fan of the Instagram account where these comics gained popularity (it has 379k followers), and if you like the Instagram account then you will definitely enjoy this book as it is equally as funny as the relatable comics Norris has become known for.

While I enjoyed reading this - my rating is more of a 3.5 - I'm not convinced this comic format is suited to book form due to its repetitive structure. This makes a fun coffee table book to dip in and out of but I wouldn't recommend reading i
Bailey
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex Norris's collection from the widely loved Webcomic Name is full of some of the best comics to date and several that have never been seen before. oh no (named for the comic's running gag) is a unique take on "relatable" webcomics, framing daily disappointments in a truly hilarious way. Norris's occasionally absurd art compliments this off-kilter collection perfectly.

I received my copy of oh no from Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I've seen these comics around a lot and I've always quite enjoyed them because a lot of them have the same kind of humour that I have: that is, depressing millennial humour. That being said, in book format this doesn't work quite as well as just seeing them posted in memes on the Internet because it's so repetitive. It's really relatable and cute, though. Oh no.

Thanks to the publisher & Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Etienne
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5/5. Simply draws cartoon that mixed absurdity and social criticism. Funny but very repetitive. They are all three cases cartoons and the last one always end with the characters saying «Oh no» so... repetitive! It's nonetheless funny and entertaining. Not the greatest book of all time but I think it achieve its purpose to entertain!
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simple, but impactful. And I giggled quite a lot.
Katie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! Not because I didn't like it, but because it was too short. Needs more comics! Some people may find the format and punchline repetitive, but I adore these jokes so much that I found it charming instead. I love the adventures of pink blob!
Melissa
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

I’ve seen many of these disappointing blob comics floating around the internet and they’re so… depressing - it’s hilarious!

Every single comic ends with the punch line “oh no” which somehow just gets funnier with each new comic. They’re also incredibly clever and relatable which just makes it so much better! Also, the childish artwork and sort-of-ugly blobs kind of grows on you with each new comic.

This bored panda post has a great collection of some of my favourite 'Oh No' comic strips. Her
Noura
3.5

This little book of comic strips about a pink blob was much more poignant than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. I vaguely remember seeing some of Norris' webcomics floating around but if I was asked to talk about one then I would be hard pressed to recall any.

The deadpan comedy prevails however, it quickly seems to lose its charm as the content get real repetitive real fast. Which is why the ratings was on the lower level but that won't stop me from following Norris' comic and waitin
Amy Layton
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Oh man. These comics will never stop being hilarious. Many I’d seen before, but many I hadn’t. With his cartoon-esque art style, his comic strips get right down the the point, and boy, is the point a little too real sometimes. He makes fun of his own strips, uses his comics to bring up relevant point in today’s society, and even goes so far so as to critique common phenomena around us and how we interact with it. Overall, it’s a funny, light-hearted collection that brings to light many important ...more
Hannah Woycik
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
RTC
Molly
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics, humor, meta
This book is too clever by half. The running gag and repeated punchline shouldn't work for a full book, but they do. Pretty neat.
Princess
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve seen this around social media, so I am familiar with it and I remember liking most of the comic strips I have read before. The style on the surface is plain and charming, but the simple artwork reveals maturity underneath. Skilled techniques are hidden by the simplistic approach. The use of the paneling, coloring and speech balloons is superb and adds to the meaning and experience. No space is wasted or unplanned here.

This collection is all about adulting. It tackled themes of parenting, c
Isaiah
Mar 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
To read more reviews check out MI Book Reviews.

I got an ARC of this book.

I can pretty much sum up this book in two words: oh no.

I don't understand who thought it would be a good idea to gather this comic into a printed version. The punchline is always "oh no". It gets really boring really fast. There were even a few comics that referenced this, but they were not enough to make me excited to read it.

I don't even know what I am supposed to review. It was pretty much the same comic over and over a
Basma
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, comics
This was alright. Quite fun and for just three panels a page some of what's in here is really funny. I love the blob and have been seeing it around the internet for a long time.

I realize that the main theme of this book is "oh no" and it works wonderfully at the beginning and I do find myself laughing, but after a while it loses it's charm no matter how relatable the comic strip is.

(I received a free e-book copy of this title from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.)
✩⋆ Victoria ⋆✩
*eARC provided by the publisher for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own*

I do love these comics from Norris, as I have followed his instagram for a while and find they are always extremely relatable and most often make me chuckle but I just don't the repetition of the running gag worked well in book form, as I found they are a lot funner when you see only a few at time.
Ryan
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
This was a lot of fun. It is so simplistic but manages to say and get its point across every time. It makes fun of the world and it’s self. And it’s concept that every strip ends in “Oh No” works well. Normally I wouldn’t have picked up something like this, but I am glad I did. There were some strips by book friends are going to love.
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Oh no, this didn't work for me.

I don't follow the webcomic, but have come across a couple of them on the internet. However, I think, for me, this comic is best appreciated in small doses. There being so much repetition and them all having the same end, made that it got old very quickly for me. The style was also not really for me. But I guess it will be a nice collection if you're a big fan of the comic.

Thanks to the publisher and Netg
vostendrasamigosyotengolibros
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

me gusta mucho el humor de este artista así que obviamente me gusto mucho el libro, hay bastante material online de esta tira como para saber si te gusta oh no antes de comprarte el libro, si te gusta esta muy bien.
Andrew
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Oh No is like a comic version of Melissa Broder's tweets and I love it. This book is what the kids call a a Big Mood.
Anna
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-2019
I laughed a few times but it's probably better in small dozes. In a book format the punchline gets old and tiring pretty soon.
Camille
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This little collection is so funny and entertaining despite the simple designs. I enjoyed the fact that the gender of "pink blob" is never confirmed and it plays with various gender stereotypes. An overall light and fast but nonetheless good read.
Sofia
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
oh no indeed
Emily
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a super fun compilation of comics from the popular online comic, Webcomic Name. This captures so much of the angst that particularly younger people feel in today's culture, from introversion to online behaviors to sex and so much more.

The author even pokes fun at the style and repetitive nature of the comics by setting up the Table of Contents and Introduction to the collection calling out the running gag inherent in the "oh no" comics. Despite the necessarily repetitive nature of the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »