Start by marking “Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)” as Want to Read:
Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)

Giant Days, Vol. 8

(Giant Days (Single Issues) #29-32)

Best friends Susan, Daisy, and Esther's adventures at university continue in Giant Days Vol. 8.

It’s the end of second year for best mates Susan, Daisy, and Esther, and cracks are appearing in the foundation of this unshakeable trio. Between (irritating) new loves, (secretive) old loves, (unlikely) new friendships and (terrible) old houses, they’ll be lucky to make it to th
Published August 28th 2018 by BOOM! Box

Start your review of Giant Days, Vol. 8 (Giant Days, #8)
Sam Quixote
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2018
Boyfriends and girlfriends behave badly threatening friendships left and right in Giant Days Volume 8! Daisy’s girlfriend Ingrid runs up a disastrous heating bill forcing poor Daisy to choose between her love and her best friends Esther and Susan. Meanwhile, just as Esther befriends Emilia, Emilia’s beau McGraw reveals his on/off relationship with Susan has been secretly on for months! Will he and Ed Gemmell (sporting an unwise Anakin Skywalker braid) survive Emilia’s brothers’ wrath? Also - fin ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I'm sad to say that this volume was a little rough for me :( everything felt really disconnected for the first two issues so I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things. HOWEVER McGraw has my whole heart and I am extreeeeemely excited to see how things go in the next volume!
David Schaafsma
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The end of second year for Susan, Daisy, and Esther, and though the pace is just as frenetic as always, and the jokes just keep on coming, things appear more serious than ever, and we can begin to see that they may not be together for always! Yes, sorry, Real Life intervenes for them as it does for us all, and yes, uni life may indeed come to an end! But not for at least a couple years, at least, don’t worry, so let’s go to the pub! Things will change pretty dramatically for them as a trio next ...more
Paul E. Morph
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, as always...
Melissa Chung
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Giant Days Vol 8, big changes will be happening in Vol: 9. I wonder how it will go. Need to pick up volume 9 and find out pronto. This graphic novel series is just so fun. Ingrid is a nut. I hope Daisy sees this soon or is able to talk with Ingrid about her feelings. My favorite characters are Esther and McGraw. I love her goth look and his mustache is epic. Not only that but they are really good friends and are always trying to "fix" things.

Sorry this review isn't much of a review. Kind of hard
Emma
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
As always I loved this volume of Giant Days! I'm so happy that my favourite couple is back together! I'm sorry to say that Ingrid has to go, I didn't like how she put Daisy on the spot and asked her to choose between her and her friends, it wasn't nice.
I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for the girls since this ending is definitely hinting at some very important changes in their lives.
Artemy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eight volumes in, Giant Days is still the best damn comic. Love it to bits.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Definitely one of my favorite volumes of the series! 32 issues in, and still going so strong. These characters continue to make my heart happy.
Lauren
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious perfection! Honestly, Giant Days and Saga are the only two continuing series which keep getting better!

5 stars

Full RTC
Rod Brown
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pleasant diversion, as always, with some added dramatic heft as renewal time for the roommates' lease promises to shake up the status quo. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it all turns out next volume.
Robin Stevens
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Giant Days! It is so great, one of the best looks at college life ever. Esther, Daisy and Susan feel like my friends, and I have a bit of a crush on McGraw. (14+)

*Please note: this review is meant as a recommendation only. If you use it in any marketing material, online or anywhere on a published book without asking permission from me first, I will ask you to remove that use immediately. Thank you!*
Lost in Book Land
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am attempting to finish two books today (Sawkill Girls and an ebook ARC I have on my kindle). However, in the meantime, I wanted to get my review posted for Giant Days Vol. 8 because I have been itching to pick up volume nine after the ending of the last one. With graphic novels like Giant Days and Saga, I will not let myself read the next one until I have reviewed the one I just finished reading so I will be less likely to get plotlines confused. So without further ado let’s do this!

SPOILERS
Ashley Daviau
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just freaking adore this series so much! With each volume I read I fall more and more in love and I would be thrilled if there were hundreds of volumes for me to read forever. It’s just such a simple, fun and relatable story that just makes me feel good. This is a definite must read if you’re looking for a feel good read about the trials of being a girl and getting through it with your girlfriends. And I may or may not be slightly obsessed with McGraw!
Michelle
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Volume 8 of Giant Days finds Susan, Esther, and Daisy continuing their journey into early adulthood and the changes and challenges this brings (all while making many hilarious jokes, because obvs.)

I wish I could point my finger on how the humour in this series works so well, but it’s hard to pin down. You honestly just have to experience it to get it. Like I said in my review of volume 7, I think it’s how Allison infuses the humour into such relatable experiences -- you’re laughing because this
ashley
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Before I start, I want to be clear when I say I adore this series and I love the topics they touch on, and the way they go about telling the stories of normal college students ... but... I did find this collection to be a little less focused than usual. I wanted more flow between subjects and storylines. I didn;t necessarily dislike any storyline they used, I just wanted them to be more fleshed out, and connected throughout the issues that made up this volume. I found issue 29 held no real purpo ...more
Diana Prince
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YESSSSS SUSAN AND MCGRAW YESSSSSS
Devann
A really great end to the girls' second year [unless of course they throw a random one-off issue into the next volume like last time] and I can't wait to see what happens in year three! A lot of relationship drama in this issue but it's incredibly realistic and relatable so I actually didn't mind for once [gasp]. Some highlights:

super special awesome rare collector's edition bill

#relatable content: fandom edition

GIRLS HELPING GIRLS!
Miranda
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-manga, library
(Content note: Sexual assault.)

Originally had it at 4 stars, but the more I thought about a scene that takes place early in the book, the more irritated I became.

At one point, Esther is at a party with one of her professors, who gets her incredibly drunk and attempts to take her home. She's saved by another character, but the whole incident isn't treated as seriously as it should be (in one panel the professors even gropes Esther, and her breasts are drawn cartoonishly big). They even make a j
Carmen
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving these girls more and more each day. Reading this comic is one of the best things ever. No matter how high you've set the bar for the next installment they Never let you down
Madi
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
always fun though this one left me a little sad
Patty
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
** 3.5 stars **

Not the strongest volume in this series. The plot didn't flow as well, also the ending?? UGH.
Giulia
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Look, this was fun until it lasted.

I can feel myself getting bored with the story...because there's no story whatsoever. The plot is very much a slice of life kinda thing and there's nothing pushing the story forward so...I think I'm gonna stop reading this graphic novel.
Not because it's bad (it really actually isn't) but simply because I'm starting to feel detached and bored.

I love all the characters and how diverse this is but the story has just become...dull.
Susan will forever be my favour
Agnė
I was finally starting to love this series but, unfortunately, Giant Days, Vol. 8 is not as good as the previous two volumes...

In particular, some of the jokes fell flat to me, and the whole mood is rather somber (especially the ending!) because the unshakable friendships are quite shaky in this volume.

Still, looking forward to seeing what's next :)

Kristin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume was painful, but in the best possible way. Tensions from the last volume comes to a boiling point and big decisions have to be made. Daisy's continued defense of her selfish girlfriend is confounding until you remember this is her first relationships and how earth-shatteringly scary the end of your first relationship feels. That some of the potential changes here made me sick to my stomach is a testament to how Alison's characters feel like real people.
Emily
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These books always make me laugh out loud. I loved everything about Volume 8 except for the cliffhanger. I need to know my girls will be OK!
Mehsi
Yeah, I already had problems reading this one, the first 6 volumes of this series were delightful... but it has been going downhill for me. And this volume took 3 or so reads between 2018 and now before I finally finished it. That says a lot. It doesn't help that everything is falling apart, our girls and their friendship and them being together, I wasn't amused with Susan and McGraw apparently seeing each other for months while he is still in a relationship not to mention I wanted to see them g ...more
Maria
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ladies are back at it again with some more college hijanks that are still relatable but even more so because *gasp* they just might be adulting as the trio navigates love, life, college, and all things in between.

John Allison is still making me laugh with this comic as I worry about Daisy's new love that may just crack, Susan's sneaking ways as no one knows what she's up to but it's definitely nothing good, and Esther's attempts to one up the transfer student plus the origin story of McGraw'
Lyndsay
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm so sad that I'm all caught up and have to wait for the next one to come out. This is such a great series and I'm so attached to these characters. I can't wait to see what's in store for them in the next volume.
Jonna Kristina

Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Always.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 9: On a Roll (Lumberjanes, Vol. 9)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 11: Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 8: Stone Cold (Lumberjanes, Vol. 8)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 7: A Bird's-Eye View (Lumberjanes, Vol. 7)
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 4
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 12: Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 13: Indoor Recess (Lumberjanes, Vol. 13)
  • Goldie Vance, Vol. 3
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2: The Show Must Go On
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim (Lumberjanes, Vol. 6)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 5: Band Together (Lumberjanes, Vol. 5)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass
  • Giant Days
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Giant Days #1