Start by marking “How to Trick the Tooth Fairy” as Want to Read:
How to Trick the Tooth Fairy

How to Trick the Tooth Fairy

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Kaylee loves pulling pranks: from dropping water balloons on passers by to even tricking Santa Claus, she’s a prize-winning prankster!

But is she the Princess of Pranks? No! That title is held by none other than the Tooth Fairy. But when Kaylee loses a tooth and the Tooth Fairy goes about her usual tooth-taking business, Kaylee pranks her with a fake frog. As Kaylee and the
Published May 1st 2018 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about How to Trick the Tooth Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Trick the Tooth Fairy

Cecelia
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
When did you lose your first tooth? I think I was in first or second grade, and it happened on a camping trip (or was it at an outdoor swim meet? my memory is fuzzy). Like many children, after the shock and pain of losing a tooth had worn off I got super excited for a visit from the tooth fairy – I’d heard all about it from older friends. Erin Danielle Russell’s adorable How to Trick the Tooth Fairy combines the legend of the Tooth Fairy, pranks, and Jennifer Hansen Rolli’s charming art in one g ...more
Alex (not a dude) Baugh
Kaylee is a girl who loves to pull pranks - on everyone. Dropping water balloons on passing kids, scaring a sibling at night, or even marbles on the floor for Santa Clause, no one escapes the princess of pranks. So naturally, when she loses her first tooth, it seems to her that the Tooth Fairy is fair game for a prank. Little does Kaylee know that the Tooth Fairy has a few tricks up her own sleeves, too.

But wait, has the Tooth Fairy finally met her match when she comes to collect Kaylee's first
Baby Bookworm
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is How To Trick The Tooth Fairy, written by Erin Danielle Russell and illustrated by Jennifer Hansen Rolli, a tale of two tricksters learning that two heads are better than one.

Kaylee is a prank princess in training – she loves finding ways to outfox her friends and family, like scaring her little sister with a spooky mask, or giving them chocolate sandwich cookie
Tonja Drecker
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two star pranksters go head-to-head, and the results demand gasps, giggles and fun.

Kaylee is a serious prankster. She pranks in the morning and at night. No one is safe from her. But when she decides to pull one over on the Tooth Fairy, something unexpected happens—the Tooth Fairy is a prankster herself. The two battle it out, leading to disaster and something more.

The cover and title already demand attention, not only thanks to the little girl's sinister smile, but glitter abounds on both sides
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kaylee is a prankster who tries to trick the Tooth Fairy, but the Tooth Fairy has a few magical tricks of her own, and the two begin a prank war with disastrous results. Can Kaylee and the Tooth Fairy put an end to their endless pranks, become friends, and clean up the mess they've made?

The cuteness! The adorableness! The hilarity! I fell in love with this darling book the second I saw the glittery cover art. The illustrations are utterly delightful on every page, with cute little details that b
Vera Godley
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
The illustrations and colors of this children's book are charming. I love the depth of the blues and pinks. I love the big-eyed and beautifully drawn Kaylee and Tooth Fairy. But my love and fascination for this book virtually end at that point.

I see this story as delivering a message that pranks can get out of hand resulting in disastrous situations. True. I see the characterization of Kaylee as a precocious little girl whose behavior is simply out-of-hand and who has not been taught that pranki
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
How To Trick the Tooth Fairy by Erin Danielle Russell, illustrated by Jennifer Hansen Rolli. PICTURE BOOK. Aladdin (Simon), 2018. $ 18. 9781481467322

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – OPTIONAL.

Kaylee may be a prankster princess in her own home and neighborhood, but she doesn’t know what she’s in for when she tries to prank The Tooth Fairy. Ms. Tooth Fairy has Kaylee’s number and an epic battle of wits is about to get real.

Your princess and fairy loving little girls will love the sparkly, pink illustrations. Whe
Karen
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cute and creative book! The story will surely resonate with children. When I lost my first tooth I remember the excitement and anticipation of the tooth fairy. If only I had this book to read as a child! This story will be one of those classics that every parent would love to read to their children. It's fun, the illustrations are perfect and you can't help but smile after reading it! Well done!!!
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This book is adorable. The story captures the fun of losing a tooth, pranks, chaos and finally conclusion. This story is delight from the front dust jacket, to the beautiful illustrations to the original and fantastically create (mischievous) story....this book has it all! Kids will find it hilarious and parents will have lots to talk to their kids about. A fun and a bit sassy HOW TO TRICK THE TOOTH FAIRY is sure to be a hit.
Aeicha
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Erin Danielle Russell's How To Trick The Tooth Fairy is a super cute and charming new picture book that will leave little readers in giggles! Kaylee has one mission: to out-prank the Princess of Pranks herself, the Tooth Fairy...but Kaylee soon finds out that that is not so easy.

Kaylee and the Tooth Fairy's over-the-top and outrageously silly antics will easily amuse little readers and even inspire their ow creativity. Russell infuses her "gotcha" tale will fantastic fun and genuine LOL moments.
Amanda
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This would have been a 5-star book for me - the illustrations are lovely and full of life, and it's very, very funny - but I HATE pranks. I hated them as a kid and I hate them as an adult. Not everyone likes pranks, and it's important for kids to know that.
Jillian Heise
Whimsical and adorable in idea...but it just didn't sit right with me. I think there is a difference between pranks that are for fun, and mean-spirited mischief. And hiding in a tree to drop water balloons on unsuspecting classmates walking down the sidewalk, dressing up like a monster to scare your little sister while she's sleeping, putting marbles in front of the fireplace to make Santa fall - they don't strike me as funny, and it's not what I would want my students to see as harmless pranks. ...more
Kristi Bernard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: multicultural
Kaylee is the princess of pranks. Her favorite holiday is April Fool’s Day. She even has a pair of quiet shoes for extra sneakiness. Not a day goes by that she doesn’t have a trick up her sleeve and kids in her neighborhood are often the victims. But, Kaylee has some competition. The Tooth Fairy currently wears the crown of prank. She has wings, a trick bag and even a magical tooth grabber. When the Tooth Fairy visited Kaylee’s room in the night, instead of finding a tooth there was a creepy rub ...more
Bridget
How to Trick the Tooth Fairy by Erin Danielle Russel is a story about Kaylee, who loves to prank people, even the Tooth Fairy! A prank war ensues and so does a mess, but the two discover that teamwork is always the way to go. The theme of this book is friendship and working together. At first the Tooth Fairy and Kaylee are busy pranking each other, but over the course of the book that changes. Not only do they become friends, but they also work together, pranking others.
Illustrator Jennifer Han
Heidi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am not a huge fan of pulling pranks. I think that it can be very unkind and mean. But the consequences of pulling pranks is seen in this story as Kaylee and the tooth fairy face off. Kaylee loves to prank and so when she loses a tooth she naturally turns the tooth fairy's visit into a prank and gives the tooth fairy a fake frog rather than her tooth. But she doesn't realize that the tooth fairy is a prankster herself and is more than willing to give back. As the pranks go back and forth though ...more
Dorine White
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Back to school time means tooth fairy time. For young Kaylee it means prank time. She loves to prank people and when she loses a tooth she thinks she'll pull one over on the tooth fairy. However, fairies have magic, and both girls end up one upping each other in a "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie," kind of way. eventually their antics putter out and they become friends, leaving their pranks for other people. This is a cute, silly book that is full of high jinks. The illustrations take on a life of ...more
Babies to Bookworms
This story is an entertaining tale of a young prankster who tries to out-prank the tooth fairy. Kids will love following along as the two determined pranksters try to one up each other, while parents will enjoy the sweet message of teamwork and friendship. The illustrations are gorgeous and colorful, drawing the reader into the craziness happening in the story. I definitely recommend for kids who love to play pranks, as well as those who have thought about trying to catch the tooth fairy themsel ...more
Pam
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Kaylee is a prankster who loves to trick her friends and even tries to trick Santa. Her biggest rival to be the princess of pranks is the tooth fairy. Kaylee tricks her too - only the tooth fairy tricks back. They get into a pranks battle that does not end well. They learn to work together to clean up the huge mess they've made and decide to join forces for pranking others.
I like the humor but am not a fan of pranking and really don't like some of the pranks Kaylee pulls including dog toothpaste
Maria
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 411:

OMG this is the perfect little girl book full of glitter and adorableness.

How to Trick The Tooth Fairy by Erin Danielle Russell is about a little girl named Kaylee who is a total prankster but she may have met her match in the Tooth Fairy. They battle each other with frogs, water, sweets, bubblegum and more. These two feisty girls form a new friendship after out pranking the other and we get to watch it through the words and wonderful animations by Jennifer Hansen Rolli.
Ro
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pranks that only leave the prankster satisfied and that outright demonstrate how pranking requires taking advantage of others’ trust in you and how as a prankster you must betray that trust, are not stories I enjoy reading or sharing.

I hope no reader decides to try substituting the cream of a sandwich cookie with dog toothpaste, with the ever-increasing development of food allergies, it might have very serious consequences.
Lynn
In a quick read, this might appear cute and funny. Am I the only one who didn't? I feel that this encourages pranks, which can backfire. Perhaps this can encourage conversation about humor at someone else's expense - when it's ok or not.
Two BookWorms Blog
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
My one hope for readers of this book: I hope the listeners don’t lose a tooth too close to the reading. Otherwise, you might get more of a surprise than you bargain for.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Beckie
My 3 yr old loved this tale about 2 pranksters who come together after an all I fun prank battle. Cute illustrations.
Anjanette
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story
Very colorful
Syntha Green
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Beautifully illustrated. When a prankster decides to prank the tooth fairy it starts a war.
Nikki
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
If you have a tricksy hobbit for a child, this is the book for him/her. My kid got a good laugh out of it. The art is well done.
Racheal
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5? Really cute illustrations but I can't put my finger on why I didn't love this one...?
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

An adorable book!
Kirsten Murphy
I was just annoyed by this story, but the pictures were beautiful.
michelle
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very silly read aloud about two tricksters who have finally met their match.
« previous 1 3 4 next »