Start by marking “The Shadow Thieves (Rules for Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Shadow Thieves (Rules for Thieves, #2)

The Shadow Thieves

(Rules for Thieves #2)

Alli must risk everything to save her new family from a rogue organization that is threatening the Thieves Guild’s existence—and the lives of all its members—in this high-stakes sequel to Rules for Thieves.

Alli Rosco, former orphan and thief, is free after her disastrous Thieves Guild trial, which left an innocent woman dead while Alli’s partner-in-crime, Beck, fled.

Now A
Published June 5th 2018 by Aladdin

Start your review of The Shadow Thieves (Rules for Thieves, #2)
Wendy MacKnight
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
I Loved this book so much! First of all, Alexandra Ott is an amazing world builder. You feel totally immersed from page one onwards. Her characters, especially Alli, Beck, and Ronan, are compelling and you are desperate for them to not only succeed and thrive! I loved the brother and sister dynamic between Alli and Ronan - it felt very true.

The plot is the perfect blend of byzantine shenanigans and thrills galore, culminating in a satisfying ending. Bravo!
✨Gayatri ✨
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yapha
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, fantasy
In this sequel to Rules for Thieves, Alli is out of prison and has gone to live with her new found brother Ronan. She is trying to make things works, but is unsure if her brother and his girlfriend really want her in their lives. To complicate matters, Beck shows up on her doorstep, telling her that her brother's life is in danger. There is a Shadow Guild trying to overthrow the king of the Thieves Guild and they've been recruiting Beck. Mead is already playing a double agent, and he suggests th ...more
Mark Buxton
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My name is Alli, and I never expected to work with the Thieves Guild again. I've come to enjoy living with my brother Ronan after I was released from prison. However, Beck showed up at the door and shared some disturbing news. Some members of the guild are plotting to overthrow its king, and they've killed his most trusted man. Beck says they have a list of names of people they plan to murder, and the second name belongs to my brother! Why would anyone want to hurt an apprentice at a law firm? I ...more
Patricia
A perfect sequel to the wonderful Rules for Thieves. Alli is still tough and sarcastic. Beck's still dragging her into trouble. And the world of thieves now includes even more danger and a nice dose of intrigue. Ott takes the best parts of her original fantasy world and mixes in some family dynamics and some great moral questions for Allie to ponder as she tries to sort out if who she was is still who she is and if she can remain loyal to everyone she loves - even when they're on opposite sides ...more
Jodi
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. The main character allie just can't escape trouble. She's in for an adventure this time! Kerrick the KING of the thieves guild is under threat from the shadows, who also plan to crush allies happiness. There's a cross, then a double cross. It was hard to finish the last 40 pages while gasping at all of the intrigue! Excellent work <3 ...more
Amanda
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The first in the series, Rules for Thieves, was so good. As soon as I finished it, I knew I had to get my hands on the second. The Shadow Thieves did not disappoint! The world building in this story is amazing. Alexandra Ott has some serious writing skills. I can't wait for the 3rd in the series.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book, which I voluntarily chose to review.
Heidi
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read! The world building is excellent, the stakes are high, and Alli is her usual lovable sarcastic self. I especially enjoyed watching her grow as a character and find her place. Very strong second installment - highly recommended for fans of high action fantasy adventures.
Lori
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing companion to Rules for Thieves. The characters backgrounds are delved into more deeply; and relationships were strengthened. I loved how the ending was concluded; however it still left me wanting more.
McCall Hoyle
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved RULES FOR THIEVES and absolutely cannot wait to read THE SHADOW THIEVES. This book will definitely be added to my classroom library when it releases on 6/5.
Cate
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable, well written, great characters, great plot, plausible but still magical. A fun read!
Addison Ritter
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a really cool plot line. It’s not my favorite book today but when I read it it was.
Katie Nelson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic culmination of a great series!

Alli was such a fun character to follow. She had witty dialogue and great interactions with the other characters. The secondary characters were well developed and had interesting backstories. Overall this was a great conclusion to an exciting adventure!
Francisco
Sheryl Klinkhammer
Oct 12, 2017
Anna Schoelen
Oct 12, 2017

• A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • Unlocked (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #8.5)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • Twilight Hauntings (Enchanter's Child #1)
  • The Time of Green Magic
  • A Tangle of Knots (A Tangle of Knots, #1)
  • Battle Born (Elementals, #3)
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Camp (Click, #2)
  • The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1)
  • The Education of Hailey Kendrick
  • Untouchable (Private, #3)
  • Revelation (Private #8)
Alexandra Ott writes fiction for young readers, including the Rules for Thieves series and the Seekers of the Wild Realm series. She graduated from the University of Tulsa and is now a freelance editor. In her spare time, she eats a lot of chocolate and reads just about everything. She currently lives in Oklahoma with her tiny canine overlord.

Visit her online at www.alexandraott.com.
Twitter: @Ale

Rules for Thieves (2 books)
  • Rules for Thieves (Rules for Thieves, #1)