Start by marking “Ain't She a Peach? (Southern Eclectic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ain't She a Peach? (Southern Eclectic, #2)

Ain't She a Peach?

(Southern Eclectic #2)

An Atlanta ex-cop comes to sleepy Lake Sackett, Georgia, seeking peace and quiet—but he hasn’t bargained on falling for Frankie, the cutest coroner he’s ever met.

Frankie McCready talks to dead people. Not like a ghost whisperer or anything—but it seems rude to embalm them and not at least say hello.

Fortunately, at the McCready Family Funeral Home & Bait Shop, Frankie’s
Published June 12th 2018 by Gallery Books

Debra
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

Molly Harper's Southern Eclectic books are proving to be fast, fun and engaging books! Her characters are eclectic, fun, interesting and likable. Characters from the first book in this series (Sweet tea and Sympathy) are also in this book! This book does work very well as a standalone novel but I do encourage reading both books as they are fun, quirky and light. Perfect for when you need a change of pace, are in a reading slump or just want to read an entertaining book!

Eric Linden is an
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Dear Molly Harper:

If you are looking for a little break from reality that doesn’t involve you spending time in either a straightjacket or a padded cell, her books might be right up your alley as well. The first in this series wasn’t a big hit for me because I thought the leading lady was kind of a twat twit, but Harper stepped it up a notch for this one and it earns an extra star. Heck, maybe it should earn even more, because any time
Jilly
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Book two in the series and it was fun enough, but not mind-blowing. The focus was on the last girl's crazy cousin with rainbow hair. I approve heartily. I have unicorn hair myself and get comments everywhere I go. I also have a little bit of the crazy going on too. Her family's reaction when she wants to get a gun to scare off a vandal:

"No," Bob said, shaking his head.

Duffy added, "No, no. No guns. We will not arm you. No one wins in a situation where you are armed."

"Sorry, honey, the whole fam
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Such a humorous read! Love this one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frankie is a wild child and in this new book she is the star of the show. Well, along with newly appointed Sheriff Eric, a real hot number.

Frankie is also a mortician, of sorts, and the county coroner AND has an eclectic lifestyle. Which makes any relationship, or non-relationship, difficult, shall we say.

But she’s not the only one who has a crazy lifestyle. Many of her family members seem just a wee bit off. But that what is what m
Ian
When Eric took the job as Lake Sackett's interim sheriff he expected things to be a little quieter. He didn't count on Frankie, Lake Sackett's coroner and funeral director, and he didn't count on small town politics.

But with Frankie on his case to hunt down and arrest the local delinquent teen who has been waging a war on mortuary for years he quickly realises his quiet life was not to be.

The Southern Eclectic series isn't easy to describe. It's closer to Women's Fiction than Romance but with
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Sometimes I dare to leave my safe place of crime and thriller novels and venture into the world of feel-good and romance. I actually do it gladly if the book's setting is in the American South. I just love small town stories, where everyone knows everyone and they drink sweet tea. I was sold when AIN'T SHE A PEACH was available to read and I read the blurb about a former Atlanta cop who moves to Lake Sackett, Georgia and falls for Frankie McCready, the cute coroner who talks to the dead. She is ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, romance, steamy
This is second in a series and that shows, I think. A lot of the family dynamics are laid out in better detail with the first book. Worse, though, is that this is functionally the second part of a story started in Peachy Flippin' Keen and I think that each separately they leave a lot to be desired. I have no idea why the story was split this way and I kind of resent it.

This is not up to the Molly Harper standard. I really liked Frankie as a character in the first book and was looking forward to
Amy
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Last year Sweet Tea and Sympathy was one of my favorite reads, it had all of the elements I need in fun women’s fiction so I’ve been dying to read the second book in Harper’s Southern Eclectic series for months. The wait was well worth it, the second installment was just as witty and charming as the first and I really hope Harper continues to write about the kooky residents of Lake Sackett for a long time.

One of my favorite things about this series is the fun cast of characters and when I saw th
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED the first book in this series titled, "Sweet Tea and Sympathy", so I went into this one somewhat critically thinking, 'it's going to be good but can't be as good'. Some would call that pessimistic but I'd rather go into it with low expectations and be surprised, you know?

Luckily, I love this one as well! In fact, I may have loved it equally to the first installment, if not more. Everything about this series speaks to my soul. It's Southern, it's humorous, it's realistic, and it's relata
Jeri
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
This book series is such fun! I have so enjoyed reading this series and getting to know the whole McCready gang along with the inhabitants of Lake Sackett.

This addition focuses mostly on the coroner and embalmer Frankie McCready. Having survived a bout of cancer when younger she has been mostly sheltered by her parents and never ventured out on her own or had a real relationship. That seems about to change when her one night stand and the new sheriff, Eric, comes to town. But something is odd wi
Stacee
I liked Frankie in the previous book I read in this series and was eager to see her get her story.

Frankie is fun. She’s snarky and sarcastic and I love all of her fandom things. She’s super loyal and yet yearning to break out on her own. Eric is a good man and has strong convictions. And of course there’s loads of family members

Plot wise it was just okay. This book didn’t seem to focus on the relationship of Frankie and Eric as much as it presented a slice of time and in some scenes, it felt l
Heidi
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three and a half stars: A quick, simple, fun read for when you need something light and hilarious.

Frankie likes her life for the most part. She is the county coroner in the small town of Lake Sackett, Georgia. Her big problem is that at twenty eight years old, she is still treated like a child by her overprotective parents due to a bout of cancer when she was young. So when Frankie wants a good time, she heads to Atlanta. Then one day her good time lands right in her lap when she comes face to
Jane Stewart
4 stars for the series. A nice escape - being in a small town for a while.

This review is for all four books.

I’ve read two Molly Harper books in the past and was not wowed enough to buy more. They were both told in 1st person. But when I saw this new series being told in 3rd person I thought I’d try it. And yes, I really enjoyed it. Why is it that I feel like I can relax and enjoy a 3rd person book, but 1st person seems stressful?

The setting is a small lakeside town in Georgia. There is a romant
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Ain't She a Peach is a lighthearted story that takes readers back to the small town of Lake Sackett, Georgia. We return to McCready Family Funeral Home and Bait Shop (how's that for convenient one stop shopping?) and follow the story of Frankie, the 28 year old goth/nerd/Southern girl who works as the funeral home embalmer and county coroner.
Frankie is trying her best to be an adult in a close knit family (read: everyone's up in each other's business) while still living at home with her parents
Dorine
Recommended! AIN’T SHE A PEACH by Molly Harper continues the snarky fun we had in SWEET TEA AND SYMPATHY with the McCready Family Funeral Home and Bait Shop as the stage. Bet you can’t read just one!

Read the review in color at my site, TheZestQuest.com.

Frankie McCready loves to talk to her customers and play their favorite music while she does their makeup. Friends are a little weirded out since her customers are deceased, but Frankie thinks it’s normal. After all, she grew up at the McCready Fa
Sophia
I've enjoyed the time I've spent in the Southern Eclectic series getting to know the McCready family and following along as they sort out love, life, and family in their small southern lakeside town so I was glad to get Frankie's story.

Ain't She a Peach is book two of the series and could work as a standalone in a pinch if the reader doesn't mind references to two of the cousins already getting their stories and getting a little follow up in the background of Frankie's story. Ain't She a Peach i
Leigh Kramer
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed Sweet Tea & Sympathy and would still recommend you read that. Alas, I wanted so much more from Frankie’s story.

Frankie was one of my favorite side characters in Sweet Tea and I was really looking forward to learning more about what made her tick, as well as getting the behind the scenes of her work as a coroner.

I didn’t fully understand Frankie’s codependent relationship with her parents, although I could understand how it started. But it still seemed bizarre that she not o
Kate Olson
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Gallery Books for this free review copy!
Dare I say that I loved this book just as much or even MORE than the first one in this series? SWEET TEA & SYMPATHY was such a fun read, and this next one in the Southern Eclectic series picks right up where that one left off in the little Georgia town of Lake Sackett with the decidedly eccentric McCready family. This time with Frankie, the 20-something town's coroner and embalmer as the main character. Okay, now when I say the family is ecc
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳Family ties, family recognition, drama here, drama there... And I still was able to tolerate it...

➳ARC kindly provided by Gallery Books, in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Saly
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off I really like Molly Harper books. I find her voice very different and her characters and setup eclectic to say the least. Before going into this book I knew it would be different because we had met Frankie in the previous book and she wasn't like the usual heroines. She works in her family's funeral home and embalms the dead bodies and speaks to them. Her parents like to cosset her because of her being sick as a child and she lets them even if it chafes her. She does like men
Jessica Frances
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any of the previous books in this series and I found no issue following along. I honestly thought this book was so charming. I loved the big family we were introduced to, loved the small town, thought Frankie was an excellent and relatable heroine, and that she was well matched for Eric, the town sheriff. This was sweet, funny, interesting, delightful, and such an easy way to pass the time. I definitely recommend this to Harper fans.
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
Ain't She a Peach was good... and I'm so glad that I got to have more stories with all the characters I fell in love with in Sweet Tea and Sympathy. But this was not one of her best. I typically LOVE everything Molly Harper writes, and this one was just OK. Beautiful cover at least!
Desi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Frankie was pretty one note as a personality. I expected to like her more than I did. But her general inertia merely annoyed me and she was much duller than her incarnations in previous books.

She was also a wuss about getting her life started and did not value herself enough I’d say, seeing the bull crap she accepted from the sexist sheriff regarding her professional capabilities and the threat I wouldn’t be shocked if he internally refered to as her ‘female hysteria’.

The male love interest wa
Heather andrews
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The little novella that came out before this had me all intrigued about Eric and Frankie's story. Eric is not bashful at all, and he knows how to render his woman speechless, "...as he scrambled toward the ladder and leaped out of the water. Her laughter died on her lips as full-frontal Eric came into view..." Eric is willing to try anything to have his woman get frisky with him, “and maybe later, you can try on some of those costume options for me.” I liked this book, I loved Eric and Frankie t ...more
Michele
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0618, con-rom
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Molly Harper is back in all her snarky glory with Ain’t She a Peach, her second laugh-out-loud full-length book in the Southern Eclectic series. With a quirky kickass heroine who happens to be a mortician, and a likable but buttoned up sheriff for a hero, how could this story be anything but fun, yeah?

I’m really loving this new series. Talk about a blast to read! The offbeat characters, the Scooby-Doo type plots, and in this case,
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

This book is part of the Southern Eclectic Series but can read as a standalone. But it helps to have read at least book one to get to know the family and town. I enjoyed book one in the series but at first was a bit overwhelmed with so many people in the family , plus the small town folks, but that was not the case for this book anymore since I knew most of them by now. I really like that these book

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
This book is just what the doctor order. A cute romance story. I will say the novella promised more than this book delivered, but I still enjoyed it.

I thought the heavier topics were glossed over. If Frankie had gone through chemo, it’s very unlikely she’s fertile and can have children of her own. That wasn’t brought up. In fact, it was suggested that her fertility wouldn’t be an issue. That took me out of the story.

I also thought her family and the sheriff downplayed Jared’s action making it se
Christy
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cute. Like seriously cute. Not as much romance as I thought there would be but the characters totally made up for that. It was hilarious and adorable and I really need to read more by this author now.
*The Angry Reader*
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018
***ARC received for an honest review***

Frankie, her small town's mortician, is unique, mouthy and babied by her entire family. She also has history with the new sheriff in town - Eric. Eric is a little overwhelmed by the entire town and Frankie in particular. The two of them dance around one another - and Frankie makes some very Frankie-centered decisions. She was lovable and wonderful - and the end really brought her home to me.

Molly Harper effervesces. Funny, charming, larger-than-life southe
Cat C
I received a copy of this in a Goodreads giveaway and it has not affected my review.

This book is just as hilarious as SWEET TEA AND SYMPATHY, the first full-length book in this series. You don't necessarily need to have read the first one, since there is sufficient exposition, but Margot, the heroine of the previous book, does feature as a secondary character, so if you loved her story you get to see it continue.

Frankie is a complicated character, sometimes easy to root for, sometimes difficult
  • A Love to Call Her Own (Tallgrass, #3)
  • From Russia With Claws (From Russia..., #1)
  • Love & Other Lies
  • That Touch of Magic (Nodaway Falls, #2)
  • Bird After Bird
  • North to You (Journey to the Heart #1)
  • The Laundry Hag's Christmas Rental (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #5)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
  • The Color of Light (Goddesses Anonymous, #4)
  • White Trash Zombie Unchained (White Trash Zombie, #6)
  • Gone Haunting in Deadwood (Deadwood, #9)
  • Conquering the Cowboy
  • The Comfort of Favorite Things (Hope Springs #5)
  • Final Verdict
  • Hollie Porter Builds a Raft
  • Love Built to Last (Fireflies #1)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Southern Eclectic (3 books)
  • Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
“He helped me see the beauty in death alongside the inescapable finality. Also, he taught me that when somethin’ scares you, you pull your bootstraps up and give it the finger, so it knows who it’s messin’ with.” 1 likes