Start by marking “A Casual Encounter” as Want to Read:
A Casual Encounter

A Casual Encounter

From the “master of creating compelling, beautiful, flawed characters” (Taylor Jenkins Reid) and author of the “brave” (Us Weekly) and “compelling” (PopSugar) It Happens All the Time, comes a seductive, nuanced novel about a seemingly average married couple exploring an unconventional arrangement—but at what cost?

You think you know your neighbors. But when it comes to Jake
Published August 14th 2018 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about A Casual Encounter, please sign up.
Robin My take on this is that it was originally scheduled to be published by a major publisher as A Casual Encounter. Then after a few months, I noticed the…moreMy take on this is that it was originally scheduled to be published by a major publisher as A Casual Encounter. Then after a few months, I noticed the release date was changed to the next year (2020) and then saw the title was changed to Tell Me Everything and appeared to be self-published. So take from that what you will but after reading it I was also surprised at how steamy it was but didn't think it was any worse than some of the other books that have become blockbusters (hello, the "grey" books!). (less)

Start your review of A Casual Encounter
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
3.5 Stars. 💋
ezgif-com-video-to-gif
OK, First of all, I really didn't like this cover.
Like, who put that lipstic on? Kylie Jenner...? LOL 😬😂

It's a taboo book about marriage - it's forbidden, bold, wrong... But MY GOD, I couldn't put it down.
It felt like watching a train crash - I know how it's going to end, but couldn't look away. 😱💥

📚 "𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒖𝒔𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒐𝒄𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒏." 📚

Jessica and Jake have a good marriage. They love and
The Book Bee
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4.5 STARS
"In that bedroom, I wasn't a mother or a wife. I was simply a woman. I was Jessica."

I love when a book is so different that it has me more turning the pages with wonder and curiosity than anything else. This one was riveting. I couldn't stop reading it and knew going in that it was already going to be one that tested not only my beliefs and understandings, but also my ability to see beyond the normal confines of others' directives on how a marriage should be lived. Let me te
Bren
"Here I am, on a Saturday night, in the arms of a man we found together. He is smart, funny. He understands our need for discretion.He knows that he is only a visitor".

A Casual Encounterby Amy Hatvany

My first major let down of 2020. It really isn’t a bad book, but this is not a domestic thriller, not at all and it really wasn’t my kind of book.

So "Tell me everything" is not awful. It just was not for me..no way. At all.

AND..My first skim to finish of 2020!

It is listed on GR under the title "Casu
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Oh my. DNF at 14% after the female protagonist criticized her college-professor mother for having a career; shamed her ex-husband's current wife for having breast enhancements; and also shamed the same woman for apparently dressing like a 90s version of Jennifer Aniston. Oh and the male protagonist referred to a very young girl as a bitch (but not to her face! Does that make it okay? Funny? Not sure.) Maybe these characters have an epiphany later in the story. Not for me.
Melissa
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As you may already know, Amy Hatvany is one of my favorite authors. When I heard about the topic of Tell Me Everything, I had some reservations at first, but then I knew that she would do something great with it...and she did! This novel cemented her place on my favorite author list even more.

Fair warning, this novel is not for the faint of heart. I like steamy scenes when I read novels, but there are quite a lot in this one and they go into graphic detail. I enjoyed this aspect of the novel, b
Jamie
Dec 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am so upset to be giving an Amy Hatvany novel a 1 star but I just couldn't get past the smut in this book. I am not a prude and don't care about sex scenes but there was no depth and this just wasn't a storyline I was interested in. Amy normally gives me stories that rocks me to the core and I think about for days afterwards including sobbing for hours. Maybe I'll return to this one later to try it again but I don't know I'm devastated and by the other reviews others don't feel this way.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jake and Jessica have the typical marriage. They love one another, but time has dulled the spark in their sex life, and the hustle of everyday life has eclipsed intimacy in their relationship. One innocent night out at a club changes everything though. Jessica is approached by a man who asks her to dance, and Jake is the one to suggest she do so. So he can watch. The less than innocent proposal leads to Jessica engage in these types of relationships, with Jake’s voyeuristic awareness. But Jessic ...more
Michele
Jessica and Jake Snyder are happily married. They are busy with their respective careers and co-parenting two teenagers along with Jessica's ex-husband and his wife. With the chaos of everyday life, their sex life has diminished a little in excitement and frequency. When they both realize that the idea of Jessica being with another man excites them both, they explore this kink in order to enrich their own sex life. They establish very strict rules about this in order to protect their marriage - ...more
Amy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's say you're married. It's your second marriage, and your husband treats your two children from your previous marriage as if they're his own. In the early days of your relationship, you couldn't get enough of each other. There were naked surprises flanked by vanilla-scented candles. Sex whenever you could have it.

There was desire. Passion.

Now, you surprise him wearing nothing but a tie, and he needs to finish a business email first.

What do you do?

In the case of Jake and Jessica, it starts
Jen Zingaro
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: forbidden
I am always interested in stories about unconventional marriages. So, when I read the blurb to this one, I had to have it. This was a new author for me as well. The writing was spectacular.
This couple is very busy. Both of them essentially have their own businesses that take a lot of their time, and co-parent two children from a previous relationship.
There is that time in your life where keeping up with your kids activities and your own life is very challenging and something has to give. To Je
Liz Fenton
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boundaries will be pushed. Lines will be crossed. Things will get heated. And one thing is for sure: you'll never look at your neighbors the same way again. Fantastic read!
Taryn
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not perfect, but very compelling and well-written. I loved the deep dive into sexuality and relationships, particularly with the backdrop of a family dynamic.
Cristina Trowbridge
Hot Wife Problems

When Jessica and her husband decide to “explore” more non-traditional sexual experiences, they find a whole new level of closeness in their marriage. Unfortunately, one mistake is all that’s needed to set them backwards in ways they never could’ve imagined. The pages turned quickly for me with this one!
Alexis
I’m not sure yet on my rating.... At first I thought it was going to be a 5-star but then I got kinda weird. I have to think it over.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Okay, I wasn't sure what to expect when diving into this. I hadn't read anything by this author before, and I'm glad I did.

So, we have a married couple Jake and Jessica, and they live a happy life and have a happy marriage. Jake is Jessica's second husband after she divorced her first, and her first is the father of her children.
Everything is great. But as a marriage can get, their bedroom game is way off. The kids and everything that comes along with them has put a damper on their sex life. Thi
Rosanna
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
A RATING OF 3.75⭐️
This is the first time I read this author’s work and it was good! Well written. Characters and their emotions were very believable. I was able to jump into their skin right from the beginning.
This book is a taboo subject. I knew from the blurb what I was getting into but it was still difficult to read. I will never understand cheating and the appeal of it. Sometimes it’s a mid life crisis. Sometimes it’s a fetish. It’s a lifestyle. Just not one I’m into. I was cringing through
Tamara Lush
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books of 2019. Amy Hatvany weaves a sexy tale of marriage, lust, lies and trust. I absolutely adored this book. It was sexy without being crass, complex without being boring, and extremely thoughtful all the way around. It was sex positive and satisfying and I cannot stop thinking about Jessica and Jake, and testing the boundaries of a marriage.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany is a sexy tale of voyeurism, sexual exploration, and fantasy gone wrong. Jake and Jessica decide to explore an unconventional open-concept marriage. Jake wanted to watch Jessica with another man. Together, they carefully curated sexual partners for encounters. After every sexy playdate, Jessica has to tell Jake everything she was thinking and feeling. With Jake’s blessing, Jessica decides to swing out on her own. Emotional and physical boundaries are put to ...more
Konny
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany is a stand alone contemporary romance story with a high heat factor and nsfw scenes that kept me on the edge of my seat. I started reading and couldn't put the book down. I read it cover to cover in one sitting, I had to know what happens to the characters. And o boy, there's a lot happening.
Tell Me Everything is told in a single pov, tells Jake and Jessica's unique story.
I'm so glad I gave this new to me author a try. I liked the writing, the storyline and the
Melissa Douglas
Karen
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica and Jake Snyder are enjoying a typical date night. Their teenage kids are at her ex’s house for the weekend and they are relishing an adult evening at a local dance/bar club in Seattle. Lately their lives are overbooked with work responsibilities, soccer games and basic family chores. It seems like they never have enough time for themselves as a couple, often too tired for anything more than a quick goodnight kiss. Frustrated, Jessica intends to bring back the spark she once treasured. A ...more
Laurel-Rain
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A happily married couple. A dance with a stranger at a bar.

One night—one seemingly insignificant choice—can change everything.

Jessica and Jake Snyder love each other, and their life together. Successful in their chosen careers, they reside in the picturesque, though at times stifling, Seattle suburb of Queens Ridge as they parent teenagers Ella and Tucker.

As so often happens in marriage, their romantic life falls casualty to busy schedules and repetitive routine, until one night, a stranger ask
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a VERY disturbing concept - I had a hard time because I could not help but feel VERY judgy...and yet I loved the characters and felt for the main character. I liked her, I sympathized with her, I wanted to be her friend - even as I completely disagreed with her life choices. She really did nothing wrong, she and her husband had a different relationship, but their eyes were (mostly) wide open. I was a bit uncomfortable with the language and descriptions, but I got over it. It was no worse ...more
Nicole
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy has always been one of my favorite authors, and I had been looking forward to reading this book for a long time. I think there were difficulties with the original publisher, so there were delays, etc, and she eventually chose to self-publish.

Unfortunately, this book contained numerous typos, to the point that it became distracting. Not sure who did the proofreading, but so many errors were missed. It is really too bad, as it took away from my enjoyment of the book.

Not a huge fan of the subj
Fleur Pavelka
I love Amy Hatvany and have devoured all of her books in a day or two. This one was good, but like one if the reviews says, was taboo and disturbing at times. The characters are deep and relatable and honestly kept me going to finish the book. However, being a married woman with kids ( and having been cheated on in my previous marriage), the storyline bothered me a bit. The sex scenes were HOT and realistic, not cheesy, but the subject of the book is so taboo....a good read, but not one of my fa ...more
Carol
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It seems unlike most reviewers I was already familiar with and a fan of Amy Hatvany's novels. This one is definitely different. Jessica and Jake are the cliche of an over worked bored married couple. They do something most of us would consider dramatic to spice things up. This book was the accident you can't look away from when those choices spiral into some bad decisions. The ending was a bit of a let down but overall I was really hooked it in the story.
Allison Sauntry
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Deducting at least two stars for the shoddy editing — there were numerous typos and grammatical errors throughout the book. And why is the title different on here (“A Casual Encounter”) from what I downloaded on my Kindle (“Tell Me Everything”)? The storyline was definitely very different from the author’s other books and while I appreciated the theme of women being empowered and calling the shots during sex, I do think this story fell flat overall.
Jodi
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably closer to a 3.5, towards the end this book becomes unputdownable. It is like watching a slow train wreck, you know where it is going, any you know how it will end, but you have to see how it gets there. This book does not have any surprises. I have read other works by this author and enjoyed them, but this book is different. She writes great characters, and the story was good, but I could have done without the graphic sex scenes, but that is just me.
Nppiche
Dec 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m so disappointed with this book and I thought at the beginning it had so much potential. I found the main character so wishy-washy with her thinking. Sometimes she acted as she said as a strong women while other times acted as a victim of her circumstances. I didn’t really believe her words and felt any sympathy for what happened to her. And definitely not a fan of the sex scenes.

Donna Beiderman
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me begin with saying I have read all of Amy Hatvany’s books and have loved them for the start. This book is a completely different writing style but the message is what made me like it so much..... at times it became x rated and reminded me of 50 shades. I devoured this book quickly and enjoyed the characters, plot, ect....
« previous 1 3 next »

• Us, Again
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Unspoken Words
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Sweet Vengeance: Ladies (Iron Orchids, #14)
  • Because You're Mine
  • Dirty Letters
  • Damage
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • Boss of Me
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • The Poison Garden
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Enemies
Amy Hatvany was born in Seattle, WA in 1972, the youngest of three children. She graduated from Western Washington University in 1994 with a degree in Sociology only to discover most sociologists are unemployed. Soon followed a variety of jobs – some of which she loved, like decorating wedding cakes; others which she merely tolerated, like receptionist. In 1998, Amy finally decided to sell her car ...more