Start by marking “Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)

Desperate Girls

(Wolfe Security #1)

Defense attorney Brynn Holloran is right at home among cops, criminals, and tough-as-nails prosecutors. With her sharp wit and pointed words, she has a tendency to intimidate, and she likes it that way. She’s a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but in her personal life, she’s a mess.

When a vicious murderer she once helped prosecute resurfaces and starts a killing
Published August 7th 2018 by Gallery Books

Start your review of Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)
Julie
Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin is a 2018 Gallery Books publication.

Laura Griffin is always a solid ‘go to’ author of high- octane romantic suspense. While I do enjoy ‘The Tracers’, I was excited to see LG was starting a new series.

The military alpha male driven romantic suspense is very popular, but I still prefer the more traditional storylines- serial killer on the loose, smart and sassy protagonist, detectives, etc. The old school plot line just feels more sinister and atmospheric, and m
Debra
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I desperately wanted to like this book much more than I did!

Brynn Holloran is a defense attorney who is forced to seek protection from a private security firm after a murderer she helped put behind bars appears to begin a killing spree targeting those who were involved in his capture and imprisonment. Brynn is good at her job but due to being so dedicated to her work, her personal life is negatively affected and makes it hard for her to be in a relationship.

Erik is a former secret service agent
Jenny
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Have you ever gone to the grocery store and not sure of what you want for dinner? You grab a cart and go up and down the aisles looking for something that hits you and say "now this looks good, I think I'll try it!" After what seems like an eternity, suddenly something that you've never had before catches your eye and you eagerly go home now excited for dinner.
Unfortunately, the reality of the meal isn't quite what you hoped for but it still turns out to be ok and you keep eating. Desperate Girl
Carrie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin is the first book in the romantic suspense Wolfe Security series. The book is told from multiple points of view with the main Brynn who’s boss has insisted on protection, Erik one of the security team and then detectives working on tracking the killer.

The book begins with a judge coming home to prepare for a date that evening by putting some food in the oven and then going off to shower and dress. As she comes back to finish preparing dinner she notices glass on
Selene
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic suspense audience
Genre: Romantic suspense
Setting: Texas
POV/s: Third-person, multiple
HEA? (view spoiler)
Angst level: 3/5

This story is told primarily from three angles: an attorney handling the most important case of her career, a bodyguard who’s attracted to his client, and detectives carefully combing through evidence in order to find a killer who escaped custody. Each POV contributed a different aspect to the story without seeming too similar in voice and the action scenes were much apprec
Jonetta
Brynn Holloran is a successful defense attorney working for a high-powered law firm, getting ready to begin a high-profile trial in Dallas when a case from her past resurrects in the worst of ways. A serial killer she helped put away when she was a prosecutor has escaped from prison and appears to be seeking retribution from those associated with his incarceration. Wolfe Security is engaged to provide her and her partner protection until the killer’s recapture. Erik Morgan is the security team l ...more
Debbie Oliphant
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

If you like nail-biting suspense, this is your author. I've thoroughly enjoyed every book I've read from her.

This story gets out of the gate from the first chapter and you are propelled on a bumpy ride that is fast paced with a lot of twists and turns.

Bryan is a defense attorney who suddenly needs protection after she learns one of her clients has escaped from a maximum security prison. It is clear he is bent on revenge and is getting too close
Berit☀️✨
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
The perfect blend of romance and suspense all wrapped up in a courtroom drama!

The romantic suspense genre is a favorite of mine, but a lot of times authors have a hard time finding a good balance between the two genres... this book was very well-balanced and will appeal to both suspense and romance lovers! A book full of hot thrills and spine tingling chills.... A spicy suspense that will make you sweat and swoon!🥵

This book starts off with a BANG! A murder, an intense scene that will start your
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Luv Laura Griffin and Wolfe Security... so good. 4.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the reasons Laura Griffin tops my list of romantic suspense writers is because she writes about crime, cop drama, and suspenseful situations that increase the emotional aspect of the story. Then she sweetens the pot by teaming up federal agents or former military who always adds a sweaty aspect because the men are just so damn hot.

After all, many women love the whole protection aspect, if it is written well, simpl
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Desperate Girls is a romantic suspense novel that starts out a little slow but steadily climbs to a heart pounding, edge of your seat experience! I was very much engrossed into this story and these incredibly strong characters.

There are multiple storylines going on that all lead back to Brynn. Her defense of a teenager against a murder charge, while being heavily guarded against an escaped convict who she helped convict. This man is on a revenge rampage and going after everyone who helped put hi
Jess☺️
Desperate Girl's by Laura Griffin is book 1 in Wolfe Security series and it's a fantastic nail biting start, I definitely can't wait for the next book😆.
It's a fast paced thriller with plenty going on but not to the point you can get lost and my god the twist at the end was not expected at all it jumps at you from nowhere and kind of side sweeps you.
There's plenty of thrilling times, romance and a great HEA.
Definitely recommending this 📖
Candace Tidwell
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desperate Girls is the first book I've read by Laura Griffin and it will not be the last. The first chapter will have you enthralled and it just keeps getting better, chapter after chapter. I definitely classify this book under the mystery and suspense genre with a sprinkle of romance. Laura did an excellent job of blending all of the components together and I quite enjoyed the end result.
The budding relationship between Erik and Brynne was subtle and evolved seamlessly in the book. Obviously t
WhiskeyintheJar

First chair in a big case for her career, Brynn is under a lot of stress. When a serial killer she helped put away escapes from prison and murders the lead attorney that prosecuted his case with Brynn, she not only has her career but life to worry about.
Erik was an active Marine, Secret Service agent, but is currently working in the personal security private sec
Anita
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

New Series by one of my favorite authors. This first book in the new Wolfe Security Series is great! It was great seeing Liam and Mark Wolfe from the Tracers Series. Heart pounding, pulse racing, just when you think it's over - it's not. "Desperate Girls" raises the bar for everything that will come after. Hot romance - it delivers. Heart stopping suspense - it delivers. A twis
Mackenzie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song for summary: For You by The Calling

I have to say, that having read some of the Tracers series by this author, I had some pretty high expectations for this new novel. Wow, did it pass with flying colours! The characters are driven, intense, and passionate; while the plot is a non-stop thrill ride full of murder, revenge, and romance. This book had me hooked right from the beginning, and kept me turning the pages all the way to the ending you won't see coming. Readers who are new to this auth
Mackey
3.5 - The 2nd in this series is actually better I think...
ABookwormWithWine
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin is Criminal Minds meets Law & Order with a couple sex scenes and some humor thrown in. And the thing is, I really enjoyed it!

What it's about: Defense attorney Brynn Holloran is great at what she does. A force to be reckoned with in the courtroom and good looking to boot. But when one of the killers she helped put behind bars escapes and starts up on a terrifying killing spree to get rid of the people that put him there, those are not things that will
Carvanz
When a judge is murdered in her own home, the past rushes in to confront Brynn. The suspect is an escaped prisoner that Brynn helped convict and law enforcement has every reason to believe he may target her next. Now she’s got a team of bodyguards interfering in her daily routine and a trial that demands her undivided attention. Added into that stress is her attraction to Erik who refuses to act on his own desires due to his job to keep her safe.

Brynn was one tough heroine who had definite idea
Chloe
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Defense attorney Brynn’s boss when she worked at the prosecutor's office is murdered and the suspect is an escaped convict that she had helped put behind bars . Brynn’s new boss hires Wolfe Security to provide her and her partner protection until the killer’s caught. Erik Morgan is the security team leader and soon there is attraction humming beneath the surface between them which adds to the tension .

Desperate Girls is a romantic suspense and the the first in the Wolfe Security series. The boo
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 Stars rounded down

I was so disappointed in this book. LG has been a favored author and I loved some of her other books. I've read most of her books 2 times and I definitely wouldn't re-read this one.

It's well written but doesn't contain the suspense and detail that some of her previous books have had. I feel I've read some version of this book a thousand times before. It just seemed so cliche.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Some things in life are just so easy, and picking up a Laura Griffin book is one of those things. I never doubt if her books are gonna be a good read. I just buy the book, but I’ve got to say, Desperate Girls felt a little different from her previous works, and guess what? I really, really, extra super liked it!

A bit more heat, a fantastically plotted storyline, a chemistry that burned up the pages, and an unexpected twist that left me stunned. All the things I expect from Laura Griffin: smart c
♥Rachel♥
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Brynn Holloran is a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but her life is turned upside down when she finds out a defendant she helped put away has escaped and is wanted for the brutal killing of her co-counselor. This guy tortured, raped and strangled women, and chilled her with his cold, deadly staring during the trial. Brynn’s current boss is taking no chances with this dangerous threat and hires the Wolfe Security to protect Brynn and another lawyer. Brynn at first balks at th
Elizabeth
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tldr: Romantic suspense bogged down by a hero whose most interesting attributes is that his name is Erik instead of Eric.

I was so excited to read this but it left me cold. Brynn is a great heroine; tough and great at her job. I loved her courtroom scenes! I also liked Lindsay, the detective who is a strongly drawn supporting character-- and who I hope gets her own book.

I wasn't wowed by the plot--it's pretty standard romantic suspense (woman in danger from a killer she worked to convict who has
Saly
Laura Griffin tends to write amazing romantic suspense. This book is no different and is the start of a new series yet still connected to her popular Tracer series (the hero is the brother of one of the heroes of the series).

The heroine is a defense attorney and being threatened is par for the course but when her boss hires security for her, she is not having it. The heroine is difficult at first but the hero and his team are professionals.

I did like how for him having feelings for someone he w
Sherri Thacker
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Laura Griffin. It grabbed me from the first page and I read it pretty quick. I didn’t love the book but I liked it ok. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would. There was a twist at the very end that I didn’t see coming but then the book ended and that was that. I was given this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review.

Dísir
‘Desperate Girls’ isn’t a title I’d immediately associated with the blurb of the story and it became quite clear from the onset that the story is so much more than the rather irrelevant-sounding title. As a sort-of offshoot of Laura Griffin’s Tracers series, I was eager nonetheless to take a closer look into Liam Wolfe’s Security company staffed by supersized heroes and the different kind of romantic suspense revolving around security that Griffin was going to write.

The stoic bodyguard who event
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Set in the same world as the Tracers series, this book was a readable but, ultimately, kind of forgettable romantic suspense. Liked the characters and the plot but everything seemed a bit thin compared to some of the books in her other series.
Yellagirlgc
2.5 Very predictable.
Beatrix
Wow, this was a roller-coaster from start to finish, and still the author managed to throw in a plot twist at the end that I found surprising and awesome! Plus, there was a hot, brooding bodyguard.
I had no expectations when I started the book, so I'm really happy that I loved it, and that I discovered this author.

The only thing that I didn't like was the title, because it has no relation to the plot whatsoever.
Beth
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Much as I wanted it to be more, this is very much a series opener. It’s a little uncertain and it juggles too many things. It’s also very much a spin-off series: it coasts on the setup of Shadow Fall and on Liam’s reputation.

(Tara only gets a brief mention: The only woman Erik had ever seen challenge Liam head-on was his wife, and she was on a freaking SWAT team. LOVE YOU BOTH. WISH YOU WERE IN THIS BOOK MORE!)

Okay - uncertainty. The novel does a middling job explaining how a private security f

• Crash and Burn (Moreno & Hart Mysteries, #1)
  • The Third to Die
  • Hit and Run (Moreno & Hart Mysteries, #2)
  • Abandoned (Max Revere, #5)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Texas Justice #1)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • The Deception (Maximum Security #2)
  • The Conspiracy (Maximum Security #1)
  • Cut and Run (Lucy Kincaid #16)
  • Into the Dark (Cincinnati, #5; Romantic Suspense, #23)
  • Say No More (Romantic Suspense #24; Sacramento #2)
  • Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #.5)
  • Cold Blooded (Cold Justice, #10)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • See No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Frosted (Moreno & Hart Mysteries, #2.5)
  • Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice: Crossfire #3)
  • Say You're Sorry (Romantic Suspense, #22; Sacramento, #1)
Laura Griffin is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than twenty books. She is a two-time RITA Award winner, and her book Desperate Girls was named one of the Best Books of 2018 by Publishers Weekly. Booklist magazine calls Laura's popular Tracers series "the perfect mix of suspense and romance."
Series:
* Tracers
* Wolfe Security
* Texas Murder Files
* Alpha Crew
* Moreno and Ha

Wolfe Security (2 books)
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)