Start by marking “Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desperate Girls (Wolfe Security, #1)

Desperate Girls

(Wolfe Security #1)

Defense attorney Brynn Holloran is right at home among cops, criminals, and tough-as-nails prosecutors. With her sharp wit and pointed words, she has a tendency to intimidate, and she likes it that way. She’s a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but in her personal life, she’s a mess.

When a vicious murderer she once helped prosecute resurfaces and starts a killing
Published August 7th 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Girls, please sign up.
Katherine I wondered also when I completed it yesterday. Publishers generally pick the title, not always what the writer has chosen.
Katherine Profiler Mark Wolfe and Wolfe Security are tangential in TWISTED and SHADOW FALL.

Julie
Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin is a 2018 Gallery Books publication.

Laura Griffin is always a solid ‘go to’ author of high- octane romantic suspense. While I do enjoy ‘The Tracers’, I was excited to see LG was starting a new series.

The military alpha male driven romantic suspense is very popular, but I still prefer the more traditional storylines- serial killer on the loose, smart and sassy protagonist, detectives, etc. The old school plot line just feels more sinister and atmospheric, and m
Debra
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I desperately wanted to like this book much more than I did!

Brynn Holloran is a defense attorney who is forced to seek protection from a private security firm after a murderer she helped put behind bars appears to begin a killing spree targeting those who were involved in his capture and imprisonment. Brynn is good at her job but due to being so dedicated to her work, her personal life is negatively affected and makes it hard for her to be in a relationship.

Erik is a former secret service agent
Carrie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Desperate Girls by Laura Griffin is the first book in the romantic suspense Wolfe Security series. The book is told from multiple points of view with the main Brynn who’s boss has insisted on protection, Erik one of the security team and then detectives working on tracking the killer.

The book begins with a judge coming home to prepare for a date that evening by putting some food in the oven and then going off to shower and dress. As she comes back to finish preparing dinner she notices glass on
Jenny
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Have you ever gone to the grocery store and not sure of what you want for dinner? You grab a cart and go up and down the aisles looking for something that hits you and say "now this looks good, I think I'll try it!" After what seems like an eternity, suddenly something that you've never had before catches your eye and you eagerly go home now excited for dinner.
Unfortunately, the reality of the meal isn't quite what you hoped for but it still turns out to be ok and you keep eating. Desperate Girl
Selene
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic suspense audience
Genre: Romantic suspense
Setting: Texas
POV/s: Third-person, multiple
HEA? (view spoiler)
Angst level: 3/5

This story is told primarily from three angles: an attorney handling the most important case of her career, a bodyguard who’s attracted to his client, and detectives carefully combing through evidence in order to find a killer who escaped custody. Each POV contributed a different aspect to the story without seeming too similar in voice and the action scenes were much apprec
Dri ✰
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 stars! ★

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Esse livro era tudo o que eu precisava!
Há dias não estava conseguindo concluir nenhuma leitura, chegava na marca de 30% e perdia o interesse. Após três livros e três duras tentativas, finalmente encontrei algo que realmente prendesse a minha atenção.

Eu adorei a Brynn e Erik. Ambos me cativaram desde o início.
Gostei muito da personalidade da Brynn, independente, forte, inteligente... apesar de alguns momentos ela me irritar com a sua teimosia, ainda s
Jonetta
Brynn Holloran is a successful defense attorney working for a high-powered law firm, getting ready to begin a high-profile trial in Dallas when a case from her past resurrects in the worst of ways. A serial killer she helped put away when she was a prosecutor has escaped from prison and appears to be seeking retribution from those associated with his incarceration. Wolfe Security is engaged to provide her and her partner protection until the killer’s recapture. Erik Morgan is the security team l ...more
Debbie Oliphant
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

If you like nail-biting suspense, this is your author. I've thoroughly enjoyed every book I've read from her.

This story gets out of the gate from the first chapter and you are propelled on a bumpy ride that is fast paced with a lot of twists and turns.

Bryan is a defense attorney who suddenly needs protection after she learns one of her clients has escaped from a maximum security prison. It is clear he is bent on revenge and is getting too close
Berit☀️✨
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
The perfect blend of romance and suspense all wrapped up in a courtroom drama!

The romantic suspense genre is a favorite of mine, but a lot of times authors have a hard time finding a good balance between the two genres... this book was very well-balanced and will appeal to both suspense and romance lovers! A book full of hot thrills and spine tingling chills.... A spicy suspense that will make you sweat and swoon!🥵

This book starts off with a BANG! A murder, an intense scene that will start your
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Luv Laura Griffin and Wolfe Security... so good. 4.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the reasons Laura Griffin tops my list of romantic suspense writers is because she writes about crime, cop drama, and suspenseful situations that increase the emotional aspect of the story. Then she sweetens the pot by teaming up federal agents or former military who always adds a sweaty aspect because the men are just so damn hot.

After all, many women love the whole protection aspect, if it is written well, simpl
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Desperate Girls is a romantic suspense novel that starts out a little slow but steadily climbs to a heart pounding, edge of your seat experience! I was very much engrossed into this story and these incredibly strong characters.

There are multiple storylines going on that all lead back to Brynn. Her defense of a teenager against a murder charge, while being heavily guarded against an escaped convict who she helped convict. This man is on a revenge rampage and going after everyone who helped put hi
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

First chair in a big case for her career, Brynn is under a lot of stress. When a serial killer she helped put away escapes from prison and murders the lead attorney that prosecuted his case with Brynn, she not only has her career but life to worry about.
Erik was an active Marine, Secret Service agent, but is currently working in the personal security private sec
Anita
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

New Series by one of my favorite authors. This first book in the new Wolfe Security Series is great! It was great seeing Liam and Mark Wolfe from the Tracers Series. Heart pounding, pulse racing, just when you think it's over - it's not. "Desperate Girls" raises the bar for everything that will come after. Hot romance - it delivers. Heart stopping suspense - it delivers. A twis
Mackenzie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song for summary: For You by The Calling

I have to say, that having read some of the Tracers series by this author, I had some pretty high expectations for this new novel. Wow, did it pass with flying colours! The characters are driven, intense, and passionate; while the plot is a non-stop thrill ride full of murder, revenge, and romance. This book had me hooked right from the beginning, and kept me turning the pages all the way to the ending you won't see coming. Readers who are new to this auth
Candace Tidwell
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Desperate Girls is the first book I've read by Laura Griffin and it will not be the last. The first chapter will have you enthralled and it just keeps getting better, chapter after chapter. I definitely classify this book under the mystery and suspense genre with a sprinkle of romance. Laura did an excellent job of blending all of the components together and I quite enjoyed the end result.
The budding relationship between Erik and Brynne was subtle and evolved seamlessly in the book. Obviously t
Carvanz
When a judge is murdered in her own home, the past rushes in to confront Brynn. The suspect is an escaped prisoner that Brynn helped convict and law enforcement has every reason to believe he may target her next. Now she’s got a team of bodyguards interfering in her daily routine and a trial that demands her undivided attention. Added into that stress is her attraction to Erik who refuses to act on his own desires due to his job to keep her safe.

Brynn was one tough heroine who had definite idea
Chloe
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Defense attorney Brynn’s boss when she worked at the prosecutor's office is murdered and the suspect is an escaped convict that she had helped put behind bars . Brynn’s new boss hires Wolfe Security to provide her and her partner protection until the killer’s caught. Erik Morgan is the security team leader and soon there is attraction humming beneath the surface between them which adds to the tension .

Desperate Girls is a romantic suspense and the the first in the Wolfe Security series. The boo
CD {Boulder Blvd}
2.5 Stars rounded down

I was so disappointed in this book. LG has been a favored author and I loved some of her other books. I've read most of her books 2 times and I definitely wouldn't re-read this one.

It's well written but doesn't contain the suspense and detail that some of her previous books have had. I feel I've read some version of this book a thousand times before. It just seemed so cliche.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Some things in life are just so easy, and picking up a Laura Griffin book is one of those things. I never doubt if her books are gonna be a good read. I just buy the book, but I’ve got to say, Desperate Girls felt a little different from her previous works, and guess what? I really, really, extra super liked it!

A bit more heat, a fantastically plotted storyline, a chemistry that burned up the pages, and an unexpected twist that left me stunned. All the things I expect from Laura Griffin: smart c
♥Rachel♥
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Brynn Holloran is a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but her life is turned upside down when she finds out a defendant she helped put away has escaped and is wanted for the brutal killing of her co-counselor. This guy tortured, raped and strangled women, and chilled her with his cold, deadly staring during the trial. Brynn’s current boss is taking no chances with this dangerous threat and hires the Wolfe Security to protect Brynn and another lawyer. Brynn at first balks at th
Saly
Laura Griffin tends to write amazing romantic suspense. This book is no different and is the start of a new series yet still connected to her popular Tracer series (the hero is the brother of one of the heroes of the series).

The heroine is a defense attorney and being threatened is par for the course but when her boss hires security for her, she is not having it. The heroine is difficult at first but the hero and his team are professionals.

I did like how for him having feelings for someone he w
Sherri Thacker
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Laura Griffin. It grabbed me from the first page and I read it pretty quick. I didn’t love the book but I liked it ok. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would. There was a twist at the very end that I didn’t see coming but then the book ended and that was that. I was given this book from the publisher through NetGalley for my honest review.

Sheyla ✎

Huge thanks to Gallery, NetGalley and Laura Griffin for providing me with a complimentary copy of Desperate Girls in exchange for an honest review.

Talk about excited about reading Desperate Girls. I love all the books by Laura Griffin and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. Even better, Desperate Girls is the first book in the Wolfe Security series (Yay! more swoony alpha guys to look forward to). Not that I didn't miss the Tracer series' characters and I'm selfishly hoping for more bo
Dísir
‘Desperate Girls’ isn’t a title I’d immediately associated with the blurb of the story and it became quite clear from the onset that the story is so much more than the rather irrelevant-sounding title. As a sort-of offshoot of Laura Griffin’s Tracers series, I was eager nonetheless to take a closer look into Liam Wolfe’s Security company staffed by supersized heroes and the different kind of romantic suspense revolving around security that Griffin was going to write.

The stoic bodyguard who event
Elizabeth
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tldr: Romantic suspense bogged down by a hero whose most interesting attributes is that his name is Erik instead of Eric.

I was so excited to read this but it left me cold. Brynn is a great heroine; tough and great at her job. I loved her courtroom scenes! I also liked Lindsay, the detective who is a strongly drawn supporting character-- and who I hope gets her own book.

I wasn't wowed by the plot--it's pretty standard romantic suspense (woman in danger from a killer she worked to convict who has
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Set in the same world as the Tracers series, this book was a readable but, ultimately, kind of forgettable romantic suspense. Liked the characters and the plot but everything seemed a bit thin compared to some of the books in her other series.
Yellagirlgc
2.5 Very predictable.
Beth
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Much as I wanted it to be more, this is very much a series opener. It’s a little uncertain and it juggles too many things. It’s also very much a spin-off series: it coasts on the setup of Shadow Fall and on Liam’s reputation.

(Tara only gets a brief mention: The only woman Erik had ever seen challenge Liam head-on was his wife, and she was on a freaking SWAT team. LOVE YOU BOTH. WISH YOU WERE IN THIS BOOK MORE!)

Okay - uncertainty. The novel does a middling job explaining how a private security f
Mandi Schreiner
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
I didn't love the heroine at first (she really pushes against the use of bodyguards to keep her safe) but I ended up really liking her. Well done suspense too

Oh - and HOT bodyguard hero!!! ;)

Review to come
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Desperate Girls is the start of a new series by Griffin and centers around a private security firm. Security guard/body guard romances are really hit or miss for me; honestly, they are mostly miss. But, if anyone could make it a hit, it's Griffin!

The heroine, Brynn is brilliant. She is a fierce attorney who has been on both sides of the aisle. Currently, she is working as a defense attorney and is getting ready to begin a huge case where she represents an innocent teenager who is charged with m

• No Surrender (Devlin Group, #3)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • One of These Nights (Harvest Cove, #3)
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops, #3)
  • Take Me Down (Riggs Brothers, #2)
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Taken to the Edge (The Guardian Angelinos, #0.5)
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Abandoned (Max Revere, #5)
  • Secrets (The Battling McGuire Boys #2)
  • Texas Tall
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Deadly Intent (I-Team, #8)
  • Tinderbox (Flashpoint, #1)
  • Darkness at Dawn
  • Death is Not Enough (Romantic Suspense, #21; Baltimore, #6)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laura Griffin started her career in journalism before venturing into the world of writing romantic suspense. Her books have won numerous awards, including two RITA Awards (for Scorched and Whisper of Warning) and a Daphne du Maurier Award (Untraceable). Laura currently lives in Austin where she is working on her next book.

Series:
* Tracers
* Moreno and

Wolfe Security (2 books)
  • Her Deadly Secrets (Wolfe Security, #2)