Start by marking “Heart Land” as Want to Read:

Heart Land

A story of reconnection, lost love, and the power of faith, Heart Land follows a struggling fashion designer back to her small Iowa hometown as she tries to follow her dreams of success and finding true love.

Grace Klaren has finally made her dream of living in the Big Apple and working in the fashion industry a reality. But when she’s unexpectedly fired and can’t afford
Published July 17th 2018 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Heart Land, please sign up.
lynne grant I just finished it and yes it is clean for sure.…moreI just finished it and yes it is clean for sure. (less)

Start your review of Heart Land
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This book wasn't terrible, but it was pretty boring and just not really want I expected it to be. Such a bummer because when I first put this on my TBR I assumed it was going to be the Sweet Home Alabama book of my dreams but that was so not the case, lol. Onto the next one!
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5 rounded up

I think that Heart Land by Kimberly Stuart is quite possibly one of the sweetest books I have ever read and I adored it!

Heart Land is about Grace, a twentysomething from Iowa who has been working at a premier fashion house named Milano in NYC for the past 6 years. She has been a design assistant the entire time, but her hope is to earn a promotion to her dream job of designer. When the presentation with the head of design doesn't quite go according to plan, Grace finds herself
Susan
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

Kimberly Stuart

Grace Klaren can't believe she is back in Iowa! She worked so hard in the fashion world and made her way to a new life in New York City and now it's all gone. She started at the bottom of the fashion ladder and worked her way up with years of hard work. Does she get rewarded for that? Nope, she finds herself unemployed with the bills that are piling up and she can't pay them! She figures she just needs to regroup and returns back home to Iowa to her grandmother who
Selene
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Contemporary-A-Thon February 11, 2019 - February 17, 2019

Challenge #2 - Read a book with blurple (blue and/or purple) on the cover
Madison
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

Heart Land is a sweet romance, a story of love given a second chance, the cost of following your dreams, and a touch of the glamour of high fashion.

Grace Kleren has fought hard to follow her dreams of becoming a top fashion designer. After years of brutal, hard work on the lower rungs, Grace is on the verge of a promotion. But instead of being rewarded for her passion, Grace finds herself without a job and mounting debts she cannot pay. Giving herself time to regroup, Grace returns
Clara
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This novel is the proof that simple is underrated.
And I say this full of love, there was something about the story that reminded me of a favorite sweater - comfortable, cozy, enjoyable, the best place to be. If I don't sound convincing enough, let me say this, "Heart Land" reminds me of home. A constant, simple, straightforward word. Because it beckons much more than just a place, but people, memories, an embrace.

On that note, let me tell you a bit about the story here. It is about coming back
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
I read Heart Land in a single sitting. I had a five hour train journey ahead of me between two cities, and I tuned out to the person listening to music way too loudly next to me, and fell into the world where there is a small town girl who has big city dreams – but a love interest who part of that small town to stay.

Heart Land was a simple, straight forward romance, and there is nothing wrong with that. It might not have been a mind-blowing experience for me. Yet, there is something lovely in a
Susan Snodgrass
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never read anything by this author and I love discovering new authors. This book was absolutely delightful. Everything about it was good. The characters were great, even secondary ones. I loved the grannies especially. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to more by this author. Very well written.

*My thanks to the publisher for a preview copy of this novel. The opinion stated here is entirely my own.
Kav
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off -- how on earth have I never read anything by this author before?! Once again my avid reader spidey senses failed me because I hadn't even heard of Kimberly Stuart until my library introduced us. Gotta love a public library that keeps you on your toes!!!!! So, Heart Land might be my first Stuart novel but it certainly won't be my last!

This was sheer romantical bliss! Small town second chance love story with a crackerjack grandma who is endearing despite (or maybe because of) her
Suzie Waltner
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a small-town romance, and second-chance romances are also at the top of my favorite reads list (yeah, it’s a long list but there are certain tropes I don’t pass up). Kimberly Stuart delivers both of the above (and more) in her latest book.

When Grace’s big plans for her future success in the design industry crash and burn, she returns to her Iowa hometown discouraged and disheartened. With the help of her grandmother and friends, as well as a man from her past, Grace fights to find her
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
There was something sweet and warming about this small-town romance. A romance that takes you back to that first time you fell in love. Learning to see the past with the future and seeing your future in your present. Grace and Tucker was sweet and refreshing at the same time. Heat Land was more than just a girl/woman coming home. It was her chance to fall in love a second time with her hometown and the one true love that would carry her further and any career would ever take her. She had to ...more
Stacie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Returning home to Iowa is not exactly what Grace Kleran had in mind. She never looked back after high school, only looking forward as she studied and realized her dream of living in New York City. The fashion industry is all Grace has ever wanted to be a part of and after six years of sweat and hard work, she has finally gotten her opportunity to be the lead designer. Her presentation was perfectly executed and her designs were some of her best. But, instead of getting the top job, she is fired. ...more
Nicole
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much! Review to come...
Toni Shiloh
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read
Katy (Katyslibrary)
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, review originally from my blog Katy's Library Blog

Thank you so much Atria Books for sending my a copy of Heart Land in exchange for an honest review! I enjoyed this one so much it was a quick, easy, light hearted read perfect for summer! Full of southern charm and big NYC dreams and a dash of romance I give this 3.5 stars.

I immediately got Sweet Home Alabama vibes from this book and I love Sweet Home Alabama so that was a welcome treat. Grace was a spunky, strong, independent
Nadine Keels
May 05, 2018 marked it as did-a-little-reading
I made it close to the end of this book. Pretty pleasant reading for me most of the way, with some moments I found humorous.

While I didn't dislike the story, though, it did lag at times. There wasn't much about the storyline or most of the characters that "popped" for me, that made me eager to keep reading on, except that I wanted to finish.

Overall, the heroine is likable and relatable, but she leans toward being romantically wishy-washy. Plus, her ultimate naïveté about what professional
Karen
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I loved this book so much! Knowing nothing about this author or this book, I honestly picked this read based on the cover alone. Grace, the main character in this book, grabs my heart and does not let go until the very end. This is her story of finding herself, finding her home, finding her love, and most importantly, finding God and the peace that comes through Him. I admit that I cried through the last chapter of this one, both happy tears and tears of grief for the characters ...more
Amy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars A sweet, albeit, predictable book. I enjoyed it though. I’m reminding myself that every book doesn’t haven’t to be the best book I’ve ever read for me to enjoy it.
Sandy
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Heart Land's description was accurate and misleading all at the same time. I won't go into details on what was misleading because that will probably be too much information/spoilers. But I will say that I hate when this happens--when I read a book and realize the description wasn't entirely accurate. Just tell me the truth without trying to doctor it up. If there are details you don't want to put into the description then leave them out entirely without misleading me.

Grace has been living in New
The Blonde Bookworm
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heart Land was a sweet and romantic story about second chances in life and in love. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I connected with the main character and I quickly came to love her personality as well as her grandmother's. The characters were well developed and the story was entertaining and full of romance. I was drawn in instantly and loved the pacing of the novel as well.

Heart Land was a really cute and fun read. It kept me guessing and was full of emotional roller coasters. The
Amy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
After a bit of a slow start, this book picked up some energy. This was a little of a roller coaster ride of emotional connection with Grace, the leading lady. There was times when I was routing so hard for her, to have me pull all sense of loyalty later on. Irritating you might say? No, it actually worked as you emotionally connect and disconnect with her. Small town Iowa is depicted well, with a true image of Midwestern camaraderie. It doesn't matter how long she has been gone, most of the town ...more
The Book Girl
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book absolutely rocked. This is a simple novel and it is entirely underrated. I can say that it is full of love, there is this sense of familiarity with the story, it's like an old friend. I also can say that this book reminds me of the heartland and my home. It feels like home.

This is the story of loss, love, redemption, reconnection, and the power of faith. The book follows a story we all can sort of relate to in some way, the struggle of making it. Heart Land follows a struggling
Shane
Heart Land is a cute story that while has its predictable moments, there are good life lessons you can take from it. One thing I liked the most is how it emphasized that home is truly where the heart is, no matter where you go or how much you may feel like that place isn't for you and that you need bigger things to fill a need.

Character-wise, Grace came off rather naive to me, especially in how she maneuvered life in New York. It baffled me how quickly she was to trust, more specifically
Gloria
Heart Land is a delightful and sweet story of love and second chances-both of love and careers. Grace Kleren left her hometown in Iowa after high school for New York City and a career in the fashion world. After devoting her life and time in a fashion design company for several years, she is fired. Overspent and broke, Grace has no choice but to return to Iowa and her grandmother Gigi. She only has her grandmother since the death of her parents when she was a junior in high school.
Grace was
Charissa Argento
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story so much! It truly made my heart smile. I loved going through all the emotions with each character and I felt so connected to almost all of them. The heartbreak, losing faith, and love and the courage of finding it again. This story had so many special moments. I was laughing one minute then crying the next. Heart Land is a beautiful, heart-warming story!
Jeanna Catlin
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a good book! Loved the story, though I felt it was a bit slow to start; it got really good! The end had me in tears, Happy tears ...more
booksandsmiles
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book. Think Sweet Home Alabama with a Christian twist. It made me smile, laugh, dream, and cry. And although I’m reading this on a snowy Saturday it is a perfect summer read.
Kathy Davie
A standalone novel of reconnection and rediscovering what's truly important in your life.

This ARC was sent to me by NetGalley and Howard Books and Simon & Schuster for an honest review.

My Take
Oh, this was so, so lovely. I was riveted, especially with that opening hook, lol. Okay, part of the love may have been Grace's passion for design and sewing such beautiful creations, as it reflects my own love for clothing and creating, so fair warning *grin*

Yes, it's a Christian novel, and the first
Kate J.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stuart beautifully weaves characters of substance into a plot that is light yet rich at the same time. Grace, a small town Iowa girl flies from home to spread her wings as a NYC fashionista, only to return home 10 years later. It is there, that she grows and matures into who she is meant to be, as a professional and in love. Quick read with characters that lead me turning pages quickly. Love my Iowa writer, Kimberly Stuart.
Tamara
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an endearing story of learning where your heart really resides. Grace has spent ten years in New York City trying to make it as a fashion designer, only to find herself fired, in debt, and a one-way ticket home to Iowa.

While trying to raise enough money to pay off her debt, but also to return to New York City because this is where Grace wants (and believes) to be to make her mark as a designer. She starts making these unique dresses in hopes of saving money with the help of her grandmother
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)
  • One Thing I Know
  • A Single Light (The Line Between #2)
  • Just Let Go (Harbor Pointe #2)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • The Theory of Happily Ever After
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • Ours for a Season
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club #2)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • All Made Up
  • You Belong with Me (Restoring Heritage #1)
  • The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • The Saturday Night Supper Club (Supper Club #1)
  • The Shortest Way Home
  • A Sparkle of Silver (Georgia Coast Romance #1)
Kimberly Stuart wants you to know that authors write their own bios and are hardly reliable sources, particularly if they are writers of fiction. Nevertheless, there are a few facts that stand out:

1. Stuart loves a good story, both written and lived.

2. Stuart loves imported chocolate and her children, though the order of her affections sometimes gets muddled.

3. Stuart writes comedic women's