Start by marking “Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)

Hooked On You

(Chicago Rebels #4)

The steamy Chicago Rebels series returns with this racy and sassy tale of embittered hearts, second chances, and going for the goal — on and off the ice.

Violet Vasquez never met her biological father, so learning he left his beloved hockey franchise — the Chicago Rebels — to her is, well, unexpected. Flat broke and close to homeless, Violet is determined to make the most o
Published May 29th 2018 by Pocket Books (first published May 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hooked On You, please sign up.
LilyElement Undone By You (previous book) is Volume 3 but a novella so GoodReads is counting it as book 2.5.

Start your review of Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Hooked On You is the third and final book in the Chicago Rebels series by Kate Meader. My oh my oh my. This book! It is fantastic! I have loved this series from the start but this book…it’s the best of the batch! I had so many butterflies in my stomach from Bren St. James it’s a wonder I didn’t take flight myself. That man could melt the biggest glacier with his hotness. Well, let’s just get into this review so I can tell you all about it.

Hockey!

Violet Vasquez is the youngest of the three sisters that
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
If he could resist a drink, he could certainly resist the charms of Violet Vasquez. Siren. Temptress. His daughters’ primary caregiver.

This was definitely, hands down, my favorite book in the series. As soon as the grumpy Scot came on the scene, I've been salivating for his book. And it just doesn't get better than pairing him with a sassy and smart-mouthed Latina that doesn't take any of his broodiness. Man. I was in banter heaven.
Violet’s attention was a fresh slice
Zoe
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, romantic, and satisfying!

Hooked on You is a fervent, bittersweet tale that brings together the broody, guilt-ridden Bren, and the feisty, fun-loving Violet as they both discover that some things are worth fighting for and together they can overcome any baggage from their pasts.

The prose is emotive and smooth. The characters are hesitant, dependable, and affable. And the plot is an alluring mix of compassion, patience, attraction, friendship, addiction, parenthood, familial drama, hockey,
Kate Meader
Oct 08, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Wanted:
Grumpy, bearded Scot, recovering alcoholic hockey player needs a nanny for his two adorable daughters, aka the nearest and dearest people to his heart. Smart mouths and sex sirens need not apply.

Bren's and Violet's story! These two have been slow-burning their way through the previous Rebels books and their time has come. Can their overwhelming attraction to each other survive the playoffs, their pasts, and the meddling of an entire pro hockey franchise? Let the games begin!

HOOKED ON YOU
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️5 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

YOU GUYS.
I could say so many things about this book. But I'm just going to put this here :
I ended cutting short sunday family lunch under false pretense just so I could go back to Bren and Violet in "Hooked on You".
I felt ashamed for like two minutes, then resumed my reading in my favorite corner on the couch, coffee in hand, knowing I'd get whatever scraps of dessert I'd skipped earlier anyways.
And I was at that point in the book when this troubled, brooding, bearded
Hollis
Apparently I was so so keen to read this book in October of 2017 (even though it wouldn't be out until May 2018).. that it took until July 2019 to actually read it. Go me!

"I, more than anyone, understand how they will happily remove your heart, hold it bloodied and pulped to the sky, and offer in sacrifice to whichever gods they pray to."
"Does Isobel seriously put up with this shit?"
"She has accused me of drama on occasion. I have no idea why."

So it's been over a year since I was rubbing elbows
Wendy
https://www.google.com/search?q=orange rating stars

This is the third book in the series and so it's time for the last sister to get her man ;)

This series is about three sisters, who inherited a hockey team together, when their father died... This book is about Violet, who is the youngest sister. Violet is the result of a one night stand, and even though her father knew she excisted, he never showed any interest in her. Until he died that is.

Now Violet is part owner of a hockey team, with two sisters she doesn't know that well. She doesn't really
Jen
4.5 Stars

Loved it! My favorite of the series. RTC after I get home from vacay.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a voluntary review
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So dang good! Sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book had so much emotion tied to it. It makes us realize that not everyone is as they seem on the outside. We all have hurt and emotion of some sort tied up inside. And sometimes that makes us act a certain way. Maybe people don’t understand us or we try and push them away… That is Bren and Violet.

The author did a wonderful job on this story. She brought together two people that seem to be complete opposite‘s and tied them together in a way that grew the
♥Rachel♥
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
3.5 Stars

I’ve been enjoying Kate Meader’s Chicago Rebels series. These hockey skaters were so passionate on and off the ice, and just plain hot!

Violet was a little different from the other two Chase sisters in that she wasn’t outwardly acknowledged until after the death of Clifford Chase, she wasn’t raised in a life of privilege, and she was not involved with hockey until her father died and left a third of the team to her. Clifford really treated Violet the worst, IMO, because he never tried t
Ivy Deluca
Violet Vasquez, the third daughter of Clifford Chase, deceased father and all around not so great guy, left her a third stake in the Chicago Rebels hockey team. Having survived breast cancer, this is the Year of the V. And she’s bound and determined to live it up. Then she meets Bren St. James, captain of the Chicago Rebels, and her employee. Sparks fly but Bren isn’t in any position to fan them - he’s too busy trying to stay sober and get his daughters back. His coming up on his 1 year of sobri ...more
Dali
With the last entry of her Chicago Rebels series, Kate Meader delivers a steamy, sweet and heartfelt of a recovering alcoholic looking for redemption and a woman with a second chance at living who brought light to his life.

Violet Vasquez is a vibrant, valiant and vivacious with a new lease on life who unexpectedly finds she’s owner of a third of the Chicago Rebels hockey franchise. The other two thirds belonging to her half-sisters who she’ll have to get to know and work with in order to get her
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous ending to what has become a favorite series of mine. Bren and Violet have been tap dancing around each other since the beginning and their inevitable hookup scorches the pages. Violet is hilarious, her jokes and one liners kept me laughing. There are a lot of layers here, besides the hotness of which is Bren and Violet. We get Bren and his attempt to salvage his relationship with his daughters. His bitch of an ex wife threatening to ruin it all. Violet and her relationship with her s ...more
maggieandteddy
I was so happy to get an ARC for this one. I was turned down for the novella "Undone By You" ( I borrowed that one through Overdrive).
I loved Violet and Bren's story.
Violet is very assertive on the outside & vulnerable on the inside. She never met her dad Clifford. She's the youngest of the 3 sisters. Her mom had a one night stand- who was never in a relationship with Clifford.
As explained in the very beginning of book 1 (Harper's book), Daddy Clifford was a serial cheater.
Violet, Harper and
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing covers, amazing series…

Whew… I knew when I first spotted the book covers that underneath was going to be something beautiful. Each story built on the next – a family built around hockey, a group of characters brought together through sport, friendship and some lucky ones, love. There was dysfunction and pain, laughter and tears and above all, love. This was the final story so reading Violet and Bren’s story was bittersweet…

“Fear could go fuck itself.”

Violet has been the rebel charac
Dísir
Kate Meader’s writing is always one that I look out for. There’s quirk, some humour and sometimes cheese, but it never fails to entertain. ‘Hooked On You’ closes Meader’s Chicago Rebels series and having come fresh off the scorching push-pull relationship of Cade/Dante, I really wasn’t sure what to expect with Violet/Bren’s story, even though this pairing had been hinted at from the very beginning.

A burly, surly Scot in trouble on so many fronts and a plucky, somewhat abrasive and determined-to-
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I've been waiting very patiently for this book just to get me some more of Bren. When Kate Meader introduced him in book one as big, broody and a Jason Mamoa look alike...I was sold and he did not disappoint. Add in him being such a great dad to two little girls, well lets just say there will be many hearts falling for this guy.

As much as I like to dedicate my whole review to Bren, Violet held her own against him. You learned in previous books that she survived breast cancer but we only got to
Alissa
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and series! So sad it's over. Kate Meader's writing and storytelling really work for me, and this book was no different. Really enjoyed the sexual tension between Bren and Violet. I enjoyed how they were so different yet such a terrific balance for each other. And when they got together, it was super sexy!

I also loved the relationship between the sisters and how that played out in this book, and I also enjoyed how the whole "Rebels Family" came together to support everyone at
Book Lover
This is the final book in the series and Bren and Violet’s story.

Bren begins as a surly, gruff, moody, keep to himself person, who is also the Captain of the Chicago Rebel hockey team. He is a recovering alcoholic, divorced and dad of 2 young girls. His life is in chaos dealing with his recovery, his ex-wife, fighting for full custody of his two girls and trying to lead his team to a championship. From book one I have been curious about this guy and knew there had to be so much more to his facad
Under the Covers Book Blog
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The end of Hooked on You had me in tears. It was a bittersweet ending for this trilogy. I loved reading about the journey that the Chicago Rebel sisters had gone through; surviving personal troubles, hardships of owning a hockey team, finding sisterhood and of course, love.

This installment finishes off with the last
« Court (Take the Read) »

Third person, Dual-POV, HEA. Standalone.
Release date: May 29, 2018

For as much as I was anticipating this one, I'm so sad the Rebels are coming to a close with this installment.

BUT this was such a great ending to all of their stories, and I'm so happy we got to follow along on Bren and Violet's journey.

Two little sprites, a demon on four legs, and a - what should he call Violet?
A siren. A temptress.
A pain in his ass.

Bren, the lovable Scotsman (aka Nessie), finally has his two daughters back
☕️Kimberly
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful story. RTC
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
A very tentative 2.5* rounded up because of the epilogue and of course all the spoilery goodness 😂

This is Violet's and Bren's story. From previous books we know things have been cooking with these two and it finally exploded.

Bren is a recovering alcoholic, captain of the Rebels team. He's a divorced father of two adorable girls who's decided to seek custody after their mother had a breakdown and went to a spa. Throughout the book we get to see Bren's struggle with his disease,from AA meetings to
Irene

Hooked On You by Kate Meader was such a good read.
The storyline was entertaining, the characters were likable, engaging and my interest was captured from the first page until the end.

I loved Violet and Bren, they made me laugh and swoon and their story touched my heart.
These two had painful pasts and with each others love and support they were able to find peace and acceptance. They truly belonged together.

Hooked On You is a wonderful addition to the Chicago Rebels series, each book ca
Bookphenomena (Micky)
The Chicago Rebels series has been solid from start to finish, with a sustained quality of story telling so that it makes me rather sad that this has now come to the end. I have anticipated the couple in this series right from book one, as I am sure many others have done. Bren, the big, gorgeous grumpy lump of Scot was more than promised and Violet his opposite in so many ways.

HOOKED ON YOU has a continued family focus in terms of the sisterhood inheriting this team but also in terms of Bren's k
Amy
This is the fourth in an existing series but I haven’t read anything else in the series (although I plan to). I don’t think I missed anything. It read like a stand alone. I loved the characters here - Violet was delightfully quirky and Bren was a brooding hero with lots of baggage. Their relationship is fascinating since they seem to really balance each other out. I loved the family pieces which gave the reader a different perspective on Bren throughout the novel. Although there is lots of hocke ...more
Aly
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5

A girl walk into a bar... during a bar fight. That's how it begin for Violet Vasquez, a breast cancer survivor and Bren St-James, hockey player and alcoholic. Not really in a good place in his life at the time, while Violet is set on celebrating her new life, things get off on a bad start for the two of them but finally it will be a good thing because soon afterward, the young woman realize he's one of her employee, in some ways.

Even if Violet inherited a part of a NHL franchise with her tw
Paige Turner
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the series and Hooked on you is no exception. Bren and Violet were struggling emotionally and both vulnerable but couldn't resist each other.
They were able to concur their demons and fight for love.
I though the author did a great job dealing with the blended families both with Harper and his daughters.

I received an ARC for a honest review.
nick
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it

I am so in love with this series. Kate Meader has truly outdone herself with the Chicago Rebels series. I love that I can always count on her to deliver a wildly romantic and steamy story with a whole lot of heart. Hooked on You was no different.

I think out of all the books, this one was my most anticipated. No, it wasn't just because of Bren's single dad status. We got to see the tension between Violet and Bren simmer over the last couple of books and it has been glorious. Here they finally get
Gretchen  (About That Story)
My heart is so ridiculously happy. I loved Violet and Bren's story, they're the perfect match of opposites attract and I couldn't get enough of their heartfelt, sexy ride!

Violet and Bren were like fire and ice and I loved the animosity and tension between them. There was an excellent push and pull happening and I enjoyed their playful banter and snarky comments. Violet was such a wonderful person, so sweet and caring. I freaking loved Bren! I loved his grumpy attitude and how hard he was working

• Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • When It's Right (San Francisco Thunder #3)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Dirty Secret (Slayers Hockey, #1)
  • On the Line (Hometown Players, #5)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn, #2)
  • Winning It All (Hometown Players #4)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • One More Shot (Hometown Players, #1)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)
  • Making a Play (Hometown Players, #2)
  • Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)
Kate writes sexy contemporary romance with strong guys and amazing women and men who match their heroes quip for quip. In her latest series, Rookie Rebels, a new generation of players take to the ice and learn that all’s fair in love and hockey.

Sign up for her newsletter to get updates on sales, giveaways, and new releases.

The Rookie Rebels spins off her bestselling Chicago Rebels hockey ro

Chicago Rebels (4 books)
  • Irresistible You (Chicago Rebels, #1)
  • So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)
  • Undone By You (Chicago Rebels, #3)

News & Interviews

“If Violet is unhappy, then this has an impact on my Bella. On all our women, because they are close, these sisters. Also, I am prepared to lend my vast experience in the workings of women. I, more than anyone, understand how they will happily remove your heart, hold it bloodied and pulped to the sky, and offer it in sacrifice to whichever gods they pray to.” 0 likes