Start by marking “The Huntress (An Olympian Fallen Shifter Novel)” as Want to Read:
The Huntress (An Olympian Fallen Shifter Novel)

The Huntress (An Olympian Fallen Shifter Novel)

In a world of magic and danger, the love of a goddess and a shifter is destined to become legend... or end in heartbreak.

Artemis, goddess of the hunt, must rescue her beloved golden stag from Earth, but the only way she obtains passage there, is by promising the Oracle she will fall in love with a mortal, and then give him up to return to Olympus.

On Earth, she accidentall
Published October 17th 2017 by Dragon Realm Press

To ask other readers questions about The Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Huntress

Start your review of The Huntress (An Olympian Fallen Shifter Novel)
Beverly Laude
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fantasy, kindle
A unique mix of shifters and an Olympian goddess! Artemis, the goddess of chastity and the hunt, needs to get to Earth in order to save her stag, Ceryn. However, the chance to do so comes with a condition: She has to make a human male fall in love with her!

The first "person" she meets once on Earth is a bear shifter named Xander. Along with him and his sister, Xena, Artemis is in for several interesting adventures. Xena is pregnant with twins and her "boyfriend" is a jerk. His actions awaken Art
Daniell Marsh
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Was looking forward to reading this after reading the blurb and was hoping for a great story and instead it was so-so. Would give this a two and half but as no half stars I always round up so will give it a three stars. The overall story wasn’t bad but there was parts that I had to question and even go back and read again as thought either I had misread or missed something altogether. This need story needs to be edited to get rid of these mistakes and make the story flow smoother. Since this was ...more
Mary Brannian
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyable Fantasy, Poor Editing

Great storyline, interesting characters and situations. Enjoyed the weaving of myths and legends into the storyline. Editing needs work, though. Name changed for the villain (Borus to Bruno to Borus to Brunos back to Bruno) was off putting. Missing words or incorrect words in places also distract from an enjoyable read. Really wanted to give a better rating, but couldn't.
Seraphia
The Huntress by J.A. Culican and Felicia Starr is an Olympian Fallen Shifter novel. In this book we are introduced to one of the Olympians – Artemis. For thousands of years she has lived with the pain of one her stags being lost to her. She misses this stag regardless of the time that has passed, and now she has received news that he has been spotted. So she seeks the help of an Oracle to help her achieve her goal, bring Ceryn home to be with the rest of his brothers. The Oracle, Elysia, will no ...more
Shakera
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This story had a ton of potential. Artemis accepts a deal to come down to Earth from Mount Olympus to save her golden stag and she only has 48 hours to do so. She gets to Earth and meets Xavier, a bear shifter. Through a series of events, they grow closer to each other. There were some issues with the story. It could have been fleshed out a bit more. 48 hours isn't a lot of time for someone who appears to be easily distracted. There wasn't any real time spent on hunting her stag. The description ...more
Free
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Angel
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this story through Hidden Gems and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Artemis has been missing her favorite stage Ceryn who is lost on Earth and recently heard he had been sighted. The oracle, Elysia, will only let her go to retrieve him if Artemis will agree to fall in love with a man from Earth and break her vow of chastity.... and she only has 48 hours to complete all her tasks on Earth or Ceryn will be doomed to forever wander Earth being killed repeatedly. Shortly a
Nickole
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
rcvd an advanced reader copy from the author for giving my two cents. not bad for a short story. we meet Artemis who is making a deal with the devil so to speak to return to earth to get her stag. she is allowed to return for 48 hrs plus he must find love or her stag returns to earth to be hunted forever. Artemis agrees but she isn't prepared for xander, a bear shifter that she shot with her bow and arrow. Artemis has developed feelings for xander and his twin pregnant sister but she is the godd ...more
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. It's true to the promise it makes. There's plenty of heart racing moments of both the action and sexy kind. It stays true to the basics of Greek mythology while adding it's own twist. I was glad to see that Artemis faces a real challenge, both in what the Oracle asks of her, and what she faces once on Earth. It didn't feel like it was a perversion of Greek mythology like many books claiming to be based on it do, and anyone who is a fan of Greek mythology will really enjoy read ...more
Cami
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Myth to modern love story...

I loved this short story about Artemis going to Earth to find her missing golden stag, and in the process, falling in love. I found myself engrossed in Artemis and Xander's developing relationship, couldn't wait to see what would happen at the end.

Artemis is caring and helpful, which is a nice change from stories of gods and goddesses who mostly only think of themselves. All of the characters were fun and interesting, and I can see possibilities of other stories based
Michelle VanDaley
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Mythology with a modern twist is always a plot I am interested in, especially one involving Artemis. This story has so much promise but the execution is a tad lacking. There are many pacing issues - to fast at some points and dragging in others. The dialogue a bit awkward in parts, the characters flat and the world building lacking. All of these issues could be due to the length of the book. Overall the story has so much potential that I was still able to enjoy it - I hope the Author revisits it ...more
Amy Hannagan
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a tough one. The story, with editing, would be a five star not problem. But the execution was lacking. I came across many errors, both grammatical and story inconsistencies. Worse yet, they started on page one. That being said the story had great potential and would have been a sold five stars with a good editing. If you can read past the errors, it's worth the read. I voluntarily requested an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
John
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this love story by J A Culican and Felician Starr about a Goddess from Mt Olympus who finds a love she wasn't aware that she was actually seeking. I enjoyed the us vs them flavor of the book, especially when it turns to involving shifters, who accept things as they are without question. This was a quick fun read for me, which I'm sure it will be for others who share my love of this genre. This is a voluntary review of an Advanced Reader Copy from Hidden Gems.
The Mysterious Reader
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok. Wow. Greek gods and sexy shifters, action, adventure, a truly wonderful romance, wonderful (yummy) “steam”, thrills and excitement, twists and turns plus excellent writing (this being no surprise as these are two really talented writers). The Huntress is a truly exciting novel that has everything a reader would want.

Highly recommended.
Lisa Eiff
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It combines the presence of a mythological deity and a community of shifters, and I enjoyed the character development used in this book. It is a shorter read than I expected it to be, but still enjoyable from beginning to end. If you are a fan of mythology or shifters (bear shifters, in particular), then you will enjoy this book.
Elitta Ferguson
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An awesome read. I could not put this book down. I love the characters and the story. The huntress has 48 hours to find her lost animal friend and fall in love with a human man, before she has to return to Olympus. She has no knowledge about modern times on Earth. I enjoyed the book so much, I can not wait to read more in this series. I recommend you give this book a try.
yorkshirebooknerd
A unique mix of fantasy and mythology!
The Huntress was a short, fun read with some romance thrown in for good measure.

I enjoyed the story but felt it could have been a longer book and therefore would not have felt as rushed as it did at times. Still a good read though!

The author kindly provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Dina
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As I love Greek mythology, paranormal and shifters, so The Huntress was a great choice for me.

I found this to be a magical paranormal romance fantasy story that took me away from the real world for a little bit and make me smile.

J.A. Culican & Felicia Starr captures you with their style of writing that has you at the start of the pages. I look forward to more of her books.
Natasha Clark-French
Stars: 3.5

This is a easy read with good moments. I enjoyed the characters and the writing. It did fall a little flat in some areas and there were some character inconsistences in Artemis but the overall it's a good start to the series. I would definitely be interested in reading the next book and I would definitely love if it was longer!

*I volunteered to read and honestly review this book*
Raewynn
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another story depicting Artemis BUT, this has lots of twists.

Not only do we have Gods and Goddesses but, also shifters and more twists than you can shake a stick at!

Very page turning and exciting with adventure and hot, hot, HOT!
Miranda
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mobi-files
Short, fast, shifter meets goddess romance. It wasn't bad but even with it being such a short read I had a hard time keeping my attention on this. There was nothing great about the characters that I needed to know more about. I'm more interested in Xena's story than anything else from this book.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
The huntress

An interesting take on finding love. I enjoyed the short story. It was fun and entertaining. I enjoyed the tension between the characters and the mix of adventure and romance.
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#ReviewToFollow
Pam Winland
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

Up enjoyed the book it was refreshing to see a GOD being humbled. It was also good to see good overcoming evil
Karen
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, quick PNR/Myth/Romance read. There is humor, action, and great chemistry in this richly detailed story. I liked it. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Sairaika
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting read!

Or end in heartbreak...

A different, unique concept that was told in this story. I love Artemis and I love how the authors portrayed her - full of strength, bravery and a goddess.

The goddess must fall in love and then leave her lover, which at that thought, breaks hearts but *spoilers* Read it for yourself and decide if you liked or loved it. It was a great telling of Artemis -
Clive
Feb 13, 2018
Amy
Nov 05, 2017 added it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Can you say 'EDITING' -- yeah because there's none in this book.
Ashley
Oct 22, 2017
Joliene
Nov 02, 2017

• Prophecy of Darkness (Legends of the Tri-Gard, #1)
J.A. Culican is a teacher by day and a writer by night. She lives in New Jersey with her husband of eleven years and their four young children.

J.A. Culican’s inspiration to start writing came from her children and their love for all things magical. Bedtime stories turned to reality after her oldest daughter begged her for the book from which her stories of dragons came from. In turn, the series Th

News & Interviews