Start by marking “Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)

Hidden

(Deep Ops #1)

Hide. That’s all Pippa can do to escape the terror chasing her. But now that she’s off the grid in a safe house, she finds plenty of interesting things to watch through the window. Like her new neighbor, with his startling green eyes, killer smile, and sexy bad-boy tattoo . . .

Run. Malcolm West is fleeing the hell he unleashed in his last assignment as an undercover cop. A
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published September 25th 2018 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.
Cavak Gotta say that I agree with you on that. Instant lust at page one! It wasn't a complete wash for me since it does lead to conceivable drama in the las…moreGotta say that I agree with you on that. Instant lust at page one! It wasn't a complete wash for me since it does lead to conceivable drama in the last half of the book.(less)

Start your review of Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Facing your Demons Stars

***May Have Mild Spoilers***

"What kind of a threat are we looking at?" Wolfe asked, his gaze not leaving the dog. Roscoe kept his focus on Clarence Wolfe, not wavering. Were they having some weird staring contest? Force cleared his throat. "The dog won't blink." "Neither will I," Wolfe murmured, not moving.

OMG this book was so good! Look it's no secret to anyone that knows me that I'm a huge Rebecca Zanetti fan. She is one of my top 3 favorite authors of all t
Carrie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti is the first book in the new romantic suspense Deep Ops series. Or perhaps this would be another for the more erotic suspense pile as the relationship was jumped right into the steamy before the “romance” is involved.

Malcolm West is an ex undercover police officer who out of chance has chosen the wrong neighbor to live peacefully next to. As soon as Malcolm moves in he notices that Pippa is a bit of a shut in barely leaving her home next door but he never expects to be
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
We've got a cult, a shut-in, an ex-detective, an alcoholic german sheppard, a Wolfe that keeps a kitten in his pocket and a newly established government team consisting of rejected law enforcement. What is not to love about this combination?

This book had it all from romance, action, comedy, and some serious stuff going down. I loved it! This group of people and animals kept me highly entertained. The action was pretty exciting and the serious stuff had me wanting to jump in and take some people
Claire
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 - "You saved me... Let me save you." Stars!

Book one in Rebecca Zanetti’s new Deep Op’s series, gives us Malcolm and Pippa’s story, and both of them are keeping more than a few things Hidden from the outside world as well as from each other.

He’d never met a mystery he didn’t want to unravel… Maybe some things never changed.

I really enjoyed this book, Zanetti excels at combining romance with suspense, sweet with dirty and thrills with the inevitable spills, and this was a book that set off a
Bev
I love Rebecca Zanetti's Dark Protectors series so jumped at this start to a new series when I saw it on Netgalley, and it didn't disappoint.

Pippa is a shut-in who has been on the run from a lunatic cult leader, Malcolm is a disillusioned ex undercover detective who is Pippa's new neighbour and has been manipulated into moving next door by his new boss and head of the Requisition Force.

There's a bit of insta lust and if I'm honest I struggled a bit with how quickly Pippa trusted and fell for M
Robin
Nov 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pippa Smith has been living off the grid for several years. Shut away in her small rural Virginia home, she rarely sees anyone since her elderly next-door neighbor moved to Florida. Pippa avoids people, worried that the members of the cult that she ran away from will eventually track her down. When someone buys the house next door, she is wary that he has been sent by the cult to bring her back.

Former cop Malcolm West needs some time to relax and pull himself together after two years of undercov
Carvanz
Okay, it’s no secret that I’ve loved everything I’ve read by this author but this book is definitely my favorite of them all. There is so much going on here and it’s got all the feels to go along with it. Once I started I couldn’t stop, and it’s not a short book.

I don’t want to give away a lot of the details because as the story unfolds and you learn all the little tidbits along the way it just pulls you further and further into this world of deep ops and secrets.
Pippa is living the life of a
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
Hidden is the first book in the new Deep Ops series and I freaking LOVED it!!

Pippa's hiding. She's virtually cut herself off from the world and lives in an isolated spot at the end of a cul-de-sac. She's got one neighbor, a nice old lady who doesn't ask a lot of questions and still offers friendship. Everything changes when the old lady moves out and Malcolm moves in. He's an ex-cop suffering from PTSD and the very last person she should get involved with. But Mal is impossible to resist and
Beth
Pippa escaped a cult a day before her 18th birthday. Now she is in hiding trying to keep clear of the life she ran as fast and as far as she could get from.

Malcolm was a police detective who has spent year infiltrating the mob. When the final bust goes bad, Malcolm is left with some serious scar…emotionally and physically. He decides to move to a remote home with only one neighbor, Pippa. Little does Malcolm know that his move was carefully orchestrated by a covert, black ops group affiliated w
Anita
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

As the first book in a new series, "Hidden", is a wonderful, sexy, dark dive into what happens to an ex-undercover cop and sets the foundation for all the stories to come. A lot of time the first book takes too much time "world building" and not enough time on the story, but the world Rebecca Zanetti builds from a group of misfits is fantastic. It's not nice or pretty, each cha
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti

Romantic suspense. First in the Deep Ops series.
A newly formed Undercover team investigates a cult. The heroine has been on the run from the same cult for years. She’s a bit skittish. Malcolm falls for her quickly, sure she is innocent in the upcoming and unknown threat from the cult.
Fast moving action, suspense and hot, sexy romantic connections.

Secondary characters:
Haha. The dog doesn’t know when to stop drinking whiskey. As they were leaving, he raced back to the ta
I loved this book and it is perfect romantic suspense. Equal parts action, suspense, humor and chemistry with EXTREME heat. The hero Malcolm is a badass, alpha but protective hero. The heroine Pippa is a shut in with secrets. The Homeland Defense Unit that Malcolm reluctantly becomes a part of consists of a strange group of characters, a profiler, a shrink, an operative, and an ex-con computer expert, a kitten and an alcoholic dog. ( hilarious) With this group the future of this series looks to ...more
Amy Bruestle
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved Roscoe the dog! I loved Wolfe and Kat! I loved all of the different personalities! I am ready to dig into the sequel, which I won through a goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I don’t like starting anywhere but the beginning of a series, so when I realized I won book number 2, I knew I had to track down a copy of book number 1 (this book) and read that first! This happens a lot, which is why it takes me a while to finish reviewing giveaways! Anyways, e ...more
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Great first book. Lots of peeps introduced to get HEAs. It started to get confusing for a minute. Malcolm is yummy, hot and really knew his way around all the vertical and horizontal surfaces. Pippa was brave and strong to over come her past. She tried to run, but of course didn't get too far.

I think my favorite characters in this series are going to be Roscoe and Kat. Boy does Roscoe have issues.
Vashti
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first entry into a new rom/susp by one of my fav authors.The alcoholic, high heel loving dog stole the book lol!!!! Can't wait for the next entry in this series. ...more
Lisa Marie 🌙
Oct 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First book I’ve read for this author and I am not disappointed!! Wow what a roller coaster. Will definitely continue the series! Like…right now. 🖤
Ezi Chinny
Reviewed at The Chaise & Lounge Blog
A very good start to a new series. The first half gave me goosebumps as it was very suspenseful almost like the beginning of a scary movie. The second half of the novel was definitely more of a romantic suspense story. I definitely on board for this new series.

Pippa Smith was on the run and appeared to have severe anxiety issues while Detective Malcolm West was drowning in alcohol as a coping mechanism for his PTSD. When Malcolm was asked to take a new underco
Kate
Lies by omission are still lies - no matter what.

I am really disappointed that I didn't like this book more. It felt like forever for me to finish this book, I guess taking 3 days to read it is forever for someone like me.

The writing is engaging but it was the plot, the cult thing has been done so many times. Oh and the lies by omission.

On to the next book.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I’ve been waiting to read this for a while now, ever since we got a sneak peek of the first chapter in Vampire’s Faith so when I saw this in my inbox I was beyond excited. This is the beginning to a new series and so far, I’m loving the whole team :)

Malcolm meets Pippa when he moves in next door. What he doesn’t know is that his need to distance himself from his last undercover job plays right into the hands of Angus, team leader of a newly formed covert investigative team.
Sakshi
Malcolm West and Pippa Smith.

“You and me and none of the other stuff. No jobs, no pasts, no bullets flying by. No panic attacks.”

Oh, this was a rather amazing read. Honestly when I started reading, I had my doubts. When the plot was developing, even then I had my doubts.

But, I am surprised how much I liked this one. Strong plot. A sexy, strong (with muscles), bad-ass hero. Shy and brave heroine. An alcoholic, high heels wearing dog. A Wolfe with a Kat. Those secondary characters of the 'Requisi
AJ
5 stars!

The introduction of a brand new series from one of my favourite authors, and I am so freaking excited that this book lived up to all of the hype that I was feeling for it! Exciting, dramatic, fun, sexy, suspenseful and romantic with a fantastic bunch of characters, I could not get enough of this story and I loved it!

Malcolm West is an ex-undercover cop who has just come out of deep cover which messed with his head and left him deeply shaken. Desperate for some peace and a fresh start, he
☕️Kimberly  (Caffeinated Reviewer)
Coffee Dates with Hidden

First Date: Our story opens with Pippa watching a very sexy man move into the house next door. Their properties share a fenced-in yard since sisters built the homes. Pippa lives off the grid, hiding behind the doors of her home, her sanctuary. Malcolm West has left the police force after an undercover assignment went south. He purchased the quiet, charming home to escape his demons but someone has set him up.  Turns out the head of the Requisition Force wants him on t
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Deep Ops series by Rebecca Zanetti. Malcolm West relocates to a rural area after an undercover assignment-gone-wrong situation. His new neighbor is a secretive but sexy woman known as Pippa. Shortly after moving in, Mal is contacted by a man with a job offer. His first assignment is Pippa herself. Pippa has ties to a cult that is suspected of terrorism. Mal needs to discover if Pippa is still part of that cult and if she has evil intentions towards the US. Pippa is in hidin ...more
J Kiwibooknerd
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-review
4 bookies photo: 4 bookies BLI4Bookies.png

Advanced Readers Copy via Netgalley...:)

I am a huge fan of this author so when I heard there was a new series coming out, I could not get my hands on this book fast enough........and of course it did not disappoint.

Pippa is a recluse and unless she really has to, then she does not leave her house. She has been hiding for years and staying hidden has what has kept her alive all this time.

Malcom is a ex detective. After being undercover on a assignment for the last 2 years, in which he beca
Ess
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Hidden opens up with intensity and drama in author Rebecca Zanetti’s character’s Malcolm West and Pippa Smith, and then trails off into a confusing mist of random bouts of slapstick humor that really did not fit in with the beginning of the books dark overtones, random moments of unnecessary BDSM between Pippa the trauma survivor and Malcolm the PTSD sufferer, and too many storylines to focus on the central drama. If Zanetti’s goal was to set up a storyline for the next book in this series, the ...more
Mara
Oct 11, 2018 marked it as sampled  ·  review of another edition
I don't have a good track record with this author, so I decided to read a sample before buying it.

Damn glad I did. It was cringe-worthy. I believe people with mental health problems should be treated way better even as a character. (Show me the real person and only after highlight their problems)
In the first chapter/s the heroine is written off as really pathetic and the other two characters aren't written much better. The way she's written while having a panick attack shows her as a pathetic l
Lady Heather
Publication Date: September 25, 2018

"5- How do you know if it's real stars!"

This was a great story and a wonderful start to a new series.
Malcolm and Pippa were an amazing couple to read.
The characters are a unique ensemble of colourful, smart, sexy and bad-ass misfits. As the story progresses the reader gets to see how they all come together to make a fantastic team and eventually how they become good friends.

The author's storytelling had me engaged and intrigued to see where she was going to g
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
WOW! Zanetti really started her new series with a bang! From the very first sentence, I was completely gone in the story. Pippa and Mal were both quite broken - but not completely. And while they not only seemed very different, they also appeared to be on different sides of... something.
Excitement, suspense, romance, hotness, action, a horrible villain and a team of misfits fighting for good filled Hidden with all the good stuff!

COYER treasure hunt Read a book with a cover that is at least 51% b
Pam
Copy kindly provided by Kensington Books, via NetGalley, for an honest review.

• Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #0.5)
  • Tinderbox (Flashpoint, #1)
  • Marked for Death: A Sexy FBI Suspense Thriller Romance (Marked Series Book 1)
  • The Last Mile (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Cold Silence (Cold Justice: Most Wanted, #1; Cold Justice, #16)
  • Wolf (Sentinel Security, #1)
  • Hades (Sentinel Security, #2)
  • Vanishing Hour
  • Conqueror (Galactic Kings #4)
  • The Last Goodnight (Blood Ties, #1)
  • Red on the River (Sunrise Lake, #2)
  • Snapped (Tracers #4)
  • Against the Heart (The Brodies of Alaska, #0.5)
  • Catalyst (Flashpoint #2)
  • Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice: The Negotiators #3; Cold Justice #13)
  • Cold Cruel Kiss (Cold Justice: The Negotiators #4; Cold Justice, #14)
  • Cold Malice (Cold Justice, #8)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: The Negotiators, #1; Cold Justice #11)
See top shelves…
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Deep Ops (5 books)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • Driven (Deep Ops, #4)
  • Unforgiven (Deep Ops #5)

Articles featuring this book

Want to dip your toes into the romance genre but don't know where to start? We've got you covered! And who better to match you with the perfect...
“Gentlemen?” Dr Nari Zhang appeared at the door.
Angus jumped. “Jesus.” He looked down at the thick socks on her feet, which were intriguingly dainty. The new doc was way too appealing for him to be this irritated with her. Which only pissed him off more. “New rule. You keep the loud shoes on all day. No changing into socks.”
She rolled her eyes. “I had hoped to talk to all three of you about the shooting yesterday. It had to have brought up difficult memories. How did everyone sleep?”
“Fantastic,” West said smoothly.
“Never better,” Wolfe agreed.
“Like a baby,” Angus said.
Nari sighed. “You’re all morons. You can take that as my professional opinion.”
5 likes