Start by marking “Mistletoe and Mayhem (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe and Mayhem (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #3)

Mistletoe and Mayhem

(Port Danby #3)

Port Danby is preparing for the annual Harbor Holiday Lights Flotilla, and Lacey 'Pink' Pinkerton is anxious to see the colorful boats light up Pickford Beach. But the festive spirits of the town are dampened when one of the boat owners is strangled to death. Lacey enthusiastically volunteers to help Detective Briggs sniff out the clues and track down the killer. Once agai ...more
Published November 12th 2017 by Wild Fox Press

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe and Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe and Mayhem

Start your review of Mistletoe and Mayhem (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #3)
Kelcy
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
I thought the mystery part was pretty fun but not sure how I feel about Briggs/Lacey's relationship.
The first one, they didn't get a long too much, the 2nd one, they just started getting close, then all of a sudden in this one they are immediately close. The development of their relationship, when compared to the first 2, seemed out of place. And Dash is only a blip in this one. Is there supposed to be a love triangle or no? I thought it might be, not a big deal if its not a trope in this series
Amanda Brooks-Taylor
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is definitely one of my favorites. Just in time for the holidays Pink and Decrive Briggs find themselves neck deep in another murder. This time Pink finds herself in the way of a murderer who wants to stop her. Can Briggs get there in time? The characters are well written and charming. On to book four
Trish
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
My favorite in the series so far!!!
Judi Easley
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy readers!
Recommended to Judi by: previous book in series
Port Danby Cozy Mystery Series Review
Books Two – Five
Carnations & Chaos #2; Mistletoe & Mayhem #3
Roses & Revenge #4; Tulips & Trouble #5
London Lovett
Wild Fox Press
Full-length novels (50,000 words)
Contemporary Cozy Mystery

Mistletoe and Mayhem #3 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
During the Harbor Holiday Lights Flotilla, a boat owner is strangled. Pink and her nose go to Detective Briggs’ assistance again to resolve many of the finer points of the crime.

Roses and Revenge #4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Giorgio Perfume and Pink’s former fiance are sho
Tara
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Although she is just friends with her neighbor Dash and detective Briggs- things were heating up with the detective but of course didn’t go anywhere. The characters don’t seem to be progressing through out the series. We still don’t know what happened 100 years ago (and if Pink is as avid of a detective as she seems to be- you think her curiosity would have had her solve that crime as a side strong). Either solve it- or drop it and same with the almost budding romances.
Loraine Oliver
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery, romance
Shelves: reviewed-books
Lacey "Pink" Pinkerton is so excited for the annual Harbor Holiday Lights Flotilla, as this is her first Christmas in Port Danby and she feels like this is her home now. Lacey has a lot of new friends of all ages and one of her favorite people is Detective Briggs who has been asking her to help on some murder cases because she has an extremely good sense of smell, and they work well together.

Unfortunately when the flotilla arrives and there are all kinds of things going on in this little village
Chanel Sharp
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Window displays. That is the how the book starts out. The stores are having a competition on who can make the best window displays. They are described as being so in-depth and magical, Christmas is just around the corner so you have the nice Holiday cheer appearing in the book. Mom and I would kill to go an see those windows displays. Man they sounded amazing especially the little Gingerbread Christmas town.
And that's not the only festive event going on. The town has sleigh ride that takes you
Marsha
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am truly loving the Port Danby Mystery series. “Mistletoe and Mayhem” finds Lacey with a cute new assistant, Ryder, in the florist shop assisting her get ready for the upcoming flotilla and Christmas bouquets.

In addition to all of the holiday activities Lacey has to decorate her store window for a contest. Thank goodness Ryder volunteers to take on the task. Of course when a dead body is found down at the pier Lacey feels the need to volunteer her services once again to Detective Briggs. Toget
Julia Walker
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lovett has written the perfect cozy Christmas mystery! Lacey “Pink” Pinkerton is a newcomer to Port Danby and as such, is really looking forward to the annual Harbor Holiday Lights Flotilla. Having opened her flower shop and hired an assistant, Ryder, Lacey has adapted well to her new surroundings and made several friends. When a man is found murdered during the light show, Detective Briggs encourages Lacey to help with her amazing sniffer to see if she can sniff out any clues.

Port Danby is the
Krystyna
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seeing double

Another great read. Christmas is coming and therefore the festivities are in full swing. When a dead body is found, will this cast a pall over the events? Warring brothers, past wrong doings and festivities are all interwoven into a terrific read that has a great twist at the end. Woven into all this is her investigation into the murder of a family cold case. Plus the interest she has in the handsome detective and her gorgeous next door neighbour. Will things ever come clear? Why do
Biljen
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mistletoe and Mayhem was a fun seasonal read. The main character, Pink, was very relatable and her small town was full of charm. The supporting characters made me wish I lived in a town just like it. The story line wasn't too complicated or jumbled. There were several suspects to keep the intrigue and interest. Although, I did figure out who did it very early on in the book, there was enough doubt that I constantly second guessed myself. ...more
Cynthia Sacks
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Series gets better and better

Lackey Pinkerton and her super nose are back to solve another murder. Such a delightful series, with really good writing, intriguing mystery, colorful yet believable characters, and just the right touch of budding romance. Can be read in any order, but the characters build from book to book. However, I still want to know just how Lacey got her pet crow Kingston!
Liz Etnyre
I'm not sure if this installment is as good as the earlier ones, or if I'm just used to the 'voice' - still a very decent cozy. - best read in order for ongoing character development. I want to keep reading for the dribbles and drabs about the old house at the top of the hill, which I find to be the most intriguing mystery, but at the rate those dribbles are meted out I'm afraid that could go on for dozens of books! ...more
Teryl
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally a heroine that I can get behind 100%. She's smart, charming, witty, works with the police (rather than against them), and she doesn't put herself in peril constantly. I also love that the main characters actually solve mysteries/crimes by piecing clues together--rather than by accident. I HIGHLY recommend this series.

FYI: You will not find a crude or offensive word, neither a salacious scene in this series. I wish all cozy mysteries were as clever and clean as this one.
Elizabeth Evans
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

It's getting more intriguing and much more interesting with Miss Pinkerton and Detective Briggs! I the action is big when an out of towner shows up dead. Leaving detective Briggs to solve the mystery along with some help from his assistant and her spectacular sense of smell! I look forward to the next books to see what l I rd ahead for Lacey and James personally!
Karen Cino
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can read Christmas books year round. Mistletoe and Mayhem brought it to the next level. I love these characters in this series. Even though the title displays a Christmas theme, the book didn't revolve around the holiday. The relationship between Lacy and Detective Briggs continues to grow. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. ...more
Nikki Brown
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: london
At the local holiday flotilla, a boat owner is found murdered. It's up to Pink and James to find the killer.

Is there a rival to James affections for Pink in the form of Dash, Pinks neighbour? What is it between James and Dash too?

Loving this series, I could read them back to back, time and again....
Stacie  Haden
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
What I like about this series is that Lacey shares what she discovers with her detective, and her detective listens and includes her. This is so refreshing when it comes to cozy mysteries. She pulled a bone headed move at the end of this one, but at least learned from it. I like the tidbits of humor too, it gives her personality.
Fred Herrmann
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this Series

I really enjoyed reading each book in this series! The characters are fun and the detailed descriptions of the shops make you feel like you are a fellow resident. I can't wait to read the next book and hope there are many more to come!
Melonie
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series more and more with each novel. I feel like I want to visit Port Danby. This story is set during the holiday season. I enjoyed the window display competition very much. It is full of charm, loveable characters that feel like friends and a mystery to solve!
Nikole
Keith
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the Port Danny cozy mystery books are great quick reads. The town and characters are fun, each with own quirky traits. If you are into Cozy Mystery books, I highly recommend London Lovett and all her different series.
Karr
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fun adventure. I like that I don’t automatically know who the murderer is. I also like the tension between Briggs and Lacey. The supporting characters are also well written. Makes for a quick, easy, fun read. Will definitely keep reading the series.
Ryan Hoffman
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's Christmas time and everybody in Port Danby is ready to celebrate including resident amateur sleuth and flower shop owner Lacey "Pink" Pinkerton. Until a murder by the docks spoils the festivities. This is the third installment of the series and it's getting better is the series progresses. ...more
Carol
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

This is one of my favorite cozy series. I love the characters and I love the setting. The storyline is well developed. Plus, there's a crow and chocolates.
Mary  Meredith
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nosy

Lacy is busy for the holidays when a person dies. Her nose is called in to service again. She and detective Briggs make a good team. I liked how Lacy tries to give her special nose a name. Her nose helps her figure out who did it.
Valerie R.
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Terrific series.

This series has very interesting mysteries to solve. I like watching Lacey's mind work. The characters are likeable and well-developed
Marian
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this series. I found this author at the beginning of the week and so far have read the first three. She grabbed me from page one with her characters and plot.
Liz
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Continuing the cozy mystery binge
Jan Stanton
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another fun read!!!

• Steeped in Suspicion (A Pebble Cove Teahouse Mystery #1)
  • Kittyzen's Arrest  (Country Cottage Mysteries #1)
  • The Fear Hunter (Agatha Bright Mysteries, #1)
  • Ain't Seen Muffin Yet (Lexy Baker, #15)
  • Previous Engagements (Press Pass Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Dog Days of Murder (Country Cottage Mysteries #2)
  • Chai, Chai Again (A Pebble Cove Teahouse Mystery Book 4)
  • A Fresh Kill (A Stoneybrook Mystery, #2)
  • Steeped in Murder (Tea and Tarot Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • One for the Money (Cat Caliban #1)
  • Santa Claws Calamity (Country Cottage Mysteries #3)
  • Southern Peach Pie and a Dead Guy (Poppy Peters, #1)
  • Thanksgiving Past (Cottage on Gooseberry Bay #2)
  • The Body in the Apartment (A Jazzi Zanders Mystery #4)
  • Death on the Diversion (Secret Sleuth #1)
  • Cookies in the Cottage (The Inn at Holiday Bay)
  • Pumpkin Spice Sacrifice (Murder in the Mix, #3)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)

Port Danby (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Marigolds and Murder (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Carnations and Chaos (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Roses and Revenge (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Tulips and Trouble (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Dahlias and Death (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Peonies and Poison (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #7)
  • Hyacinths and Homicide (Port Danby Cozy Mystery, #8)
  • Crocuses and Crime (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #9)
  • Sunflowers and Sabotage (Port Danby Cozy Mystery Book 10)
  • Lavender and Lies (Port Danby Cozy Mystery #11)

News & Interviews

“After fighting the natural curl in my hair for years with every weapon known to woman, I waved the white flag of surrender and shoved my collection of flat irons and other hair torture devices into the bottom drawer of my dresser.” 1 likes