Start by marking “HIS REDNECK GIRL (Possum Hollow Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
HIS REDNECK GIRL (Possum Hollow Series Book 1)

HIS REDNECK GIRL (Possum Hollow Series Book 1)

Book 1 in the Possum Hollow Series

Jimmie Joe Johnson has spent years living up to his hound dog reputation. If he can’t have the one female he truly wants, then any female will do. When he isn’t off diddlin’ some female, he’s practicing for pool playoffs, determined to get his pool team to Vegas. Not only for bragging rights, but for the free trip to ‘Sin City’ and cash p
Published October 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about HIS REDNECK GIRL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HIS REDNECK GIRL

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This book was fantastic! I loved the characters in this book! I thought they were hilarious and realistic. To some they may not be realistic, but to me they are very much so. This book even had a little bit of mystery to it that intrigued me in the beginning. The author made me laugh until I cried while reading this story! I also really enjoyed the romance in this novel and felt the story was quite original. His Redneck Girl by Lindsey Brookes is a story that I soon won’t forget! Yee-haw!

I recei
D.M.
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is written in true redneck form. The writing style and characters suit the book. It was funny in places and a little over the top in others.

Baylee Jean was raised by her overprotective man-hating aunt. 10 years after Baylee Jean had her heart broken by her first love she discovers her aunt was behind their break up. Baylee Jean is determined to get her man back, but Jimmie Joe isn't known for being committed to one woman. Baylee has to show him that she's the only one he needs.

Jimmie J
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (on the blog 12/5/17)
Amazon:

Oh my gosh. His Redneck Girl was an absolute trip!

The Gist: Baylee Jean's tired of waiting. Jimmie Joe may have broken her heart years earlier and he may be a horn dog of epic proportions but she wants him back. Her plan? A dog training book. Mmhm. She's gonna bring that sexy horn dog to heel.

Yall, really. This book. It was hilarious. And so not gonna be for everyone. It's over the top shameless redneck outrageousness.

Ji
Nikki
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
His Redneck Girl

Read a small town romance with a heavy dose of humor? Count me in! His Redneck Girl checks a lot of the boxes on my favorite to read list. However, there is plenty I wasn’t expecting either. Point one- so much swearing. I usually keep notes of such things for when I pass a book on to certain crowds. I stopped highlighting by the end of chapter two. It didn’t kill the story for me, but I know plenty of people who’ll be “counting cusses;” and to each their own. Secondly, there’s so

Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

If you love over the top characters, bursts of humor, don’t mind a ton of swearing and enjoy watching one woman go out and get her man… then you’ll have fun with His Redneck Girl.

The basics of what you need to know going in are pretty well described in the cover description. Just be aware that you might have read this before as this is a reissue of a story that came out in 2012 with a new title, new cover and some story changes. (according to the blurb on Amazon and s
N.W. Moors
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Baylee Jean Brown has been ignoring Jimmie Joe Johnson for the last ten years. He's too much of a hound dog. That changes when she finds out it's because of her aunt, one of a long line of witches, who has threatened him to put his balls in a jar on her window sill. So now she's determined to make Jimmie Joe change his ways, using a book on how to train a hound dog (actual dog).
This book had some promise. I thought the premise was funny and I might enjoy the story. The characters are bigger than
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Redneck Livin and Lovin

I enjoyed this book. I wouldn't call it LOL funny, but it was a fun read and I smiled at some of their sayings and antics. I would definitely read more in this series and enjoy it just as much. I enjoyed the characters and the plot. There is a dab of paranormal but I would not place it in a paranormal category as it was just a small part of it.
poppy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book it was a fun read.Baylee Jean has been trying to get over and ignore Jimmie Joe for the last ten years when she realises her broken heart was her man-hating aunt's fault she is determined to get her man-whore of an ex back.I quite liked this one it was way over the top and funny in places but did become a little repetitive at times well worth a read though.
Jacki
The humor
Part of a series: Possum Hollow
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading more from Lindsey Brookes.
I voluntarily received an ARC from NetGalley.
Lynne
Mar 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-reads, netgally, dnf
Full of stereotypes with bad dialog!

I stopped at about 20% as I just couldn't take anymore of the bad story line, terrible dialog, one dimensional characters.

Also, why does everyone have more than one name? I get that some people have hyphenated names but everyone in town!?

I would not recommend this book to anyone.

I received a copy of this book for free from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.
Emily
Lori
Tammy M Moak
Kathy Heare Watts
Aug 27, 2018
Romance author Lindsey Brookes grew up reading romance novels. She penned her first romance, a historical, at the age of seventeen. From there she went on to join Romance Writers of America where she learned the ins and outs of the publishing business and ways to hone her craft. She switched to writing contemporary romance and has finalled in/or won more than 75 RWA chapter sponsored contests with ...more