Start by marking “Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)” as Want to Read:
Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)

Wilde About The Girl

(Robin Wilde #2)

Robin Wilde is acing life.

After the year from hell, she's pulled herself up and out of the Emptiness, her love life is ticking along nicely, single motherhood is actually quite fun and she is ready for whatever life throws at her. When a thrilling opportunity at work arises, Robin is more than excited to step up and show everyone, including herself, what she's made of.

Published August 9th 2018 by Bonnier Zaffre

To ask other readers questions about Wilde About The Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilde About The Girl

Start your review of Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
Nicole
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, favorites
The first book 'Wilde Like Me' was one of my favorite books last year. Yes, it even got a spot on y end of year wrap up. So I was excited when the second book was announced and even more excited when we could preorder it and i was OVER THE MOON when I finally had it in my hands and pushed all the other books back, just so I could read it right away.

Summary: Robin Wilde is acing life.

Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I won a copy for review via the website Readers First!

T/W- Miscarriage

I've been a long-time subscriber to Louise's YouTube channel. When I first read Life With A Sprinkle of Glitter back in 2014, reading her Robin Wilde books now has been a really exciting experience! Confession: I need to get a hold of book one in this series ahhhh XD

The good news is when I started reading Wilde About The Girl, I didn't end up confused. Straight away, the storyline started with Robin's role at work and her love
Emma
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Pros: A much easier read than the first book because proper sentences were used and it didn't sound like a vlog script throughout, the experiences were a little more removed from the author's life, the plot was a little more advanced and engaging. There were fewer attempts at it being a 'laugh out loud' affair which was nice because the humour wasn't forced and had less potential to flop.

Cons: Writing still a little clunky, plot still had pacing issues - the conflict happened much earlier into
Aza
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a very warming book. It showed the effects on how a mother, like Robin Wilde, had to live with her daughter in the most best ways ever. Robin and her daughter, Lyla, have very strong connections and true love for each other. They show you how to live your life in many ways, but the only way to do that is . . . not lose each other.
This extremely poignant read will teach you the ways in life and will show that sometimes you have to choose your own path in life but without loosing or
Fabulous Book Fiend
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this novel on audiobook and was pleased to discover that the notes from the author at the front of the book was actually read to me by Louise, it made it feel like a much more personal reading experience because she read that part herself and the narrator did a great job as well so my audiobook experience was a really positive one.

It was great to be back in Robin's world again and of course its not long before things in that world start to go tit-up again and we would expect if
Merle Karpenstein
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I've read so far this year. WLM was good, but WATG was phenomenal.
I just loved Robin and her story so much, and this book made me laugh and cry the whole time. I barely could put it down. It dealt with some sensitive topics, but in a very realistic and raw way.
Also Louise's writing did really improve a lot since #1.
I am hoping for #3 - the ending was okay, but I still feel like the story of Robin, Lyla and all of their friends isn't done being told.
Janay Brazier
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started reading on Saturday night, just before midnight (I'm not sure why I got into bed so late and decided to read but clearly I couldn't help myself) and I had finished the whole book by 11pm Sunday night. I read the whole book in less than twenty-four hours. That's the sign of a good book already, when you can't put it down.

It had me hooked from the very beginning.

It was so great to go back to characters that I'd fallen in love with during the first book. Going back to Robin and Lyla was
Jessica Noble
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
OMG?! What more can I say than I LOVED this book! I’ve never laughed and cried so much at a book before in my life.

Louise stayed true to the characters throughout this sequel, and I could still resonate with Lacey really well and all the infertility problems she was facing.

Robin Wilde is definitely the best friend everyone wants and the person everyone wants to be.

The only thing I would say is for anyone who has suffered a miscarriage then read with caution as the topic is approached and
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From start to finish this book was amazing. I loved learning more about Robins life and I loved all the characters. It was very funny throughout but also sad and heartbreaking in places. It was beautifully written and a real ‘cosy’ read. I loved it just as much as the first book and I really hope there is more to come as I didn’t want it to end.
Jordana Martin
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Can't wait to see what happens for Robin and co in the next book.
Kate’s Book Spot
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m afraid I didn’t love this which is a shame because I really enjoyed the first book. It wasn’t terrible but I did struggle to get into the storyline, I just kind of felt like it wasn’t getting to the point.
Emily
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Very enjoyable but the main character is a little bit too privileged to be relatable at times. Is fun to read though.
Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
My Rating 3.5*

Wilde About the Girl is the sequel to Wilde Like Me from YouTuber and parenting/lifestyle/beauty blogger/vlogger, Louise Pentland.

Just published by Bonnier Zaffre, Louise Pentland is described as ‘the fresh voice contemporary women’s fiction has been waiting for. She is sharp, funny, a natural storyteller and completely relatable’

Admittedly not a book I would normally pick up, not being from the YouTube generation, so I was well intrigued to check it out.

Robin Wilde is a woman
Emmie (Oncemorewithreading)
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Zaffre for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Note: This is the second book in Louise Pentland’s Wilde series so you need to have read the first book Wilde Like Me before reading this book
Robin Wilde is acing life. After having the year from hell Robin has managed to pull herself out of the emptiness she was feeling. Her love life is in a good place, single motherhood is a breeze at the moment and she’s ready for everything that
Holly
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a really nice, enjoyable, light read. Very similar to Wilde Like Me in terms of it not being a heavy read and it is a book that is nice to go to when you are just wanting something light, funny and easy.

I love Robin, she made me laugh out loud throughout the book. I think she is a really lovely character and I really like reading from a perspective of a single mum, balancing work life and mother life. I think it is nice to have these kinds of characters as many books tend to
Emma Jarrett
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Louise's first book, 'Wilde Like Me', and although I must admit it was nowhere near as progressive and stimulating as some of the novels I'm used to reading as an English Literature student, it was a refreshing change! It's the kind of book that feels like you're having a chilled, gossip-y night in with the girls. It's a feel-good book that makes you want to go out into the world and get it, and it looks like Louise's second book is going to be very similar. If you're looking for lots of ...more
Oriana Blyth (_head_in_a_book)
Oh my word! Where do I even start with this?! “Wilde about the girl” was an absolutely gorgeous read Louise Pentland has once again smashed it out of the park. This book deals with some truly heartbreaking issues (which I felt was dealt with compassion and respect) but Robin is lucky because all the while she is surrounded by the people who mean the most to her......auntie Kath and Lyla Blue. Louise Pentland’s writing is just beautiful, and as a mum myself I really relate to Robin, and this is ...more
Nicole
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me two days to finish this wonderful book because I got sucked back into Robin’s life in a matter of minutes of listening to the audiobook. What I love about this book is how well Louise Pentland’s writing has progressed since the first instalment! It’s very easy to read and it packs a punch by tackling the topic of miscarriage.

I laughed, cried and cringed my way through another Robin Wilde instalment and I hope there is another one of the horizon (or at least another book by Lady
Kristen
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a high three as Pentlands book is surprisingly funny and tender. Im right into mum books right now and this is one of the better ones I've found by happy accident. I've already started on the third on in the series. (And I'll go back and do the first one last of all). Great, sweet read.
Catherine Raitt
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
What a lovely read. I loved the first one, and the sequel did not disappointment. A tale of heartache, romance, family life and happiness all rolled into one. A beautifully written account of a year in the life of Robin Wilde. A summer ‘must read’.
Literature_Leah
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but I had to skip the parts about miscarriage as it turns out thats not something I was prepared to read about.
Natalie Temene
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book!!! It's been a long time since I finished a book in just two days (this says something)!!!! Loved each page of it! Incredible story abd characters... totally recommend it!!!
Helena Wildsmith
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in the series but I definitely enjoyed this one even more. Both funny and heart breaking, it's a book that I struggled to put down.
Kat
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Personal rating 4.5
Becca Milsom
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was a perfect mixture of happy and funny, as well as focusing on the more serious and real life issues that happen in life. So great to see how old characters progressed and be introduced to some new characters!
really enjoyed it and could not put it down all day!
Tea Leaves and Reads
Robin Wilde is acing life.

I fell in love with the first book in this series (Wilde Like Me) and was so excited to grab the second book and get stuck in. I
Ellie (ArianaKatnissGranger)
Wilde About the Girl by Louise Pentland (Spoiler free)

To start of I do love Louise I have been watching her YouTube channel for a few years now and I love her personality and everything and I want to support her in everything that she does. I liked her first book Wilde Like Me and I also liked this one but in my opinion there was something missing and I don't want to come across as harsh so I am really sorry if I do but I like to evaluate the positive and negative aspects of all books I read.
Beth
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not my usual style of book at all but I really, really liked this book. I read the first book Wilde Like Me when it first came out last year and I read it in ab out 2 days. It really took me by surprise. Especially as I picked it up fully expecting to dislike it. So of course I was going to pick up the sequel and I actually ended up reading this in one sitting! I was so encapsulated by it!

I loved the direction that this book went in, particularly how empowering it is. There is so much
Marjorie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Having not been particularly fond of the first book about Robin Wilde (Wilde Like Me) I am not really sure why I purchased the second - who am I kidding I spotted it on sale and thought "bargain". You know what, I am really glad that I did. This is a much more cohesive book than the first and the narrative flows much more easily and you just sink in to Robin's world.

This is a roller coaster for the emotions though. From the trials and tribulations of Robin's work life, romantic life
Andy

I really, really loved the body positivity, the epic female friendships and immense woman power shown throughout the book. Robin really drove home her beliefs in the way she interacted with others and developed a strong eye opening rapport with those in her team and her social circle, whilst teaching her daughter to be independent, kind and loving. These aspects, along with the fact that the romance was appropriately subdued due to Robins insecurity and outbursts were great because she needed
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, Book 8)
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Our Stop
  • Eve of Man (Eve of Man, #1)
  • In the Time We Lost
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
  • When The Curtain Falls
  • Five Years From Now
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • One in a Million
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • The Flatshare
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • My Mum Tracy Beaker
  • Almost Adults
  • One Thousand Stars and You
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
Louise Pentland is a British author, vlogger, blogger and internet personality.

Pentland is best known for her online work, under the title Sprinkleofglitter. She was working in a number of office roles when she began writing a craft and interior DIY blog named "Sprinkle of Glitter". In January 2010, Pentland began her YouTube channel, also named "Sprinkle of Glitter". At first the channel covered

Robin Wilde (3 books)
  • Wilde Like Me (Robin Wilde #1)
  • Wilde Women