Start by marking “Blood for the Spilling (Studies in Demonology, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood for the Spilling (Studies in Demonology, #3)

Blood for the Spilling

(Studies in Demonology #3)

Sheets of ice are spreading across the human world, ushering in an ice age as the magic drained from Demonside turns that world into a desert. Angus and reluctant warlock Terrance have defected from Vinland to the Mayan Empire—a land of dark and potent magic. But the Mayans aren’t offering sanctuary for free.

Nor is the world willing to stand back as Vinland attacks, and t
Published November 27th 2018 by DSP Publications

To ask other readers questions about Blood for the Spilling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood for the Spilling

Start your review of Blood for the Spilling (Studies in Demonology, #3)
Elaine White

Studies in Demonology, Book 3
★★★★★
280 Pages

POV: 3rd person, triple character POV
Would I read it again?: YES!
Genre: LGBT, MM, Romance, Fantasy, Demon, Supernatural, Magic
Pairings: MM, MMM
Heat Level: ★★★☆☆
Content Warning: pain play, cutting for blood sacrifice and pleasure, instances of violence, Aztec/Mayan inspired sacrifice, and menage scenes.

Holy Cow! This was incredible!
Somehow, T.J. Nichols
Kragthang
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-paranormal
Splendid finale for a well-developed fantasy trilogy. Start at the beginning to plunge into this world, so you can enjoy it to its full extend. T.J. Nichols produced a real masterpiece with this series!
Becca
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has been another series that has been…amazing, intense, etc. The characters pull you through every emotion known to man. The writing is incredible. It pulls you in a world that you don't want to leave. I have loved every second and encourage you to engross yourself in it.

I love just about any paranormal character there is, so it was fun to see a whole book and series intertwined in both demon and human worlds. For Angus not every wanting to be a part of the warlock world or the demon world,
Shelby
This one is a hard one for me to rate as well as I would have liked. Ultimately I really enjoyed the story elements in this one but felt like the romance elements suffered a lot compared to previous books. This book felt like it dropped the ball a bit with Saka, Terrance, and Angus's relationship. Even by the end of the book I didn't feel like I got a lot of clarity there.

On the other hand the story aspects and what was going on with magic in both worlds was really interesting. I enjoyed how thi
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

T.J. Nichols has created such an amazing and richly developed world in the Studies in Demonology series. And with every book, the details get deeper and more thought out. I love spending time here, and I devoured this book just like I did the first two. They need to be read in order, but trust me when I say it’s worth it.

This book is the culmination of everything that’s been building from the very first word. Angus never wanted to be a warlock, but he got a Mage d
Debra Guyette
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
Wow, this was the third book in this series and it concluded with a satisfying action packed ending. I really admired Angus and Saka and a bit of Terrance. There was so much going on and the whole plot and world building was done brilliantly. I loved it and was sorry to see it end.
Kaila
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was a very good ending.. im guessing there are nomore coming even though i do kinda hope. it was well written and interesting. fast paced.. action.. mystery and magic..haha it is very good and i loved this series
Karolina Cebula
Angus jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. Although he managed to survive the trek through Demonside and escape from the sticky, toxic grip of power-hungry warlocks, he and his friends are now in the Mayan Empire's captivity. The Mayans can be their crucial allies in the fight against Vinland, but to even think about any kind of partnership, Angus needs to win them over. However, it turns out to be very difficult, as nobody trusts foreigners whose people bring the ice age to the world. So ...more
Ivy

Angus, Saka and Terrance finally arrived at the Mayans Empire, but they don’t find the shelter and help they were hoping for.
The whole “human” world is at the edge of a war, while demonside is at the edge of extinction.
Saka tries to convince other demon mages to close the doors between these two worlds to gain time while Angus tries to find a way to save both worlds. He might have a way, but it will cost blood, love, and life.
Can they take the risks? Can t
Avocenz
Apr 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I have a love-hate relationship with this series and I would like to share. I started reading this series because many comments say it has a great finale in this last book of the trilogy, so I gave it a chance. I loved the first two books for their worlds building, no-cliffhanger endings, and their fast-paced plot. So much was told through these few hundred pages which made me invested in the story and characters more than I could ever feel when I read the slow-paced Harry Potter series. So, eve ...more
Pam
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is so hard to rate. The world-building continues to be top-notch, we get a whole new culture here that's just as detailed and fascinating as the others and the magical war storyline gets a well-earned, satisfying conclusion. So that's why I'm rounding this up even though, ultimately, I found it disappointing :(

The biggest cause of the disappointment is the romantic relationship sub-plot just ... fades away. The relationships don't fade away. Just at some point we stop being to
Dana
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
At the end of the last book, Angus, Saka, Terrance and the other defectors from the Lifeblood demon tribe and Vinland finally reach the Mayan Empire and the demon tribes that work with them. They were looking for refuge from the power hungry warlocks in Vinland. But after being separated from Terrance and Saka, Angus has to wonder if the evil he knew was better. The magic users (priests) in the Mayan Empire all work with demons but they are much more balanced. They have a big distrust for Vinlan ...more
ChaosMoondrawn
Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

You really need to read this as a trilogy, and I would highly recommend them if you like epic fantasy/erotic romance with graphic violence. I was so excited for this third book to come out. If I rated the trilogy as a whole, I would rate it 4.5 stars. This is the end of the story arc for our heroes’ journey.

As the magic is draining from Demonside turning it into desert, Humanside is becoming covered in ice. Book two showed the escape from Vinland to the Mayan Empire for
Ali
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

I have been waiting for this book ever since I finished the last one, it ended with such a cliff hanger. Angus, Saka and Terrance are trying to navigate their new normal while dealing with the suspicions of the Mayans.

The story continues to focus on rebalancing the magic in Demonside and how to fight Vinland. Angus accidently finds out that he can survive a “clean sweep” which no one with any magical powers has
Anabela.M.
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think it's brilliant what TJ Nichols created as a setting for the last book of this series: a magical Mayan Empire. And it's amazingly depicted and detailed: the people, the colors, the rituals and its dark magic.

Angus,Saka,Terrence and the other runaways have barely made it out of the desert, hoping to find refuge and assistance on the other side of it...and I was hoping alongside them. But what they found was more trials and tests,both psychological and physical, more danger and treachery.
Kathryn Manzella
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood for the Spilling is the third book in the Studies in Demonology series by TJ Nichols. What a way to wrap up the trilogy! This book has aspects of violence, rituals, sacrifices, and menage scenes. Well written and wonderfully descriptive scenes, interesting story and characters you can care about.... I was drawn into this world created in the series and it's hard to say goodbye. But this third book does a fantastic job of pulling everything together and delivering a satisfying conclusion. A ...more
CB
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this series - this is the 3rd book and all 3 should be read in order and together tell the complete story. The first 2 aren't really cliffhangers, they end that part of the book but the overall story doesn't end until the 3rd. I found the world to be intricate and well-crafted enough that it really enhanced the story without detracting or distracting too much. The MC's (there are 3 by the end of the series) were so different - perfectly imperfect for each other and not your typical MC's.
Virginia Lee
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is final book of this wonderful series Studies in Demonology.
Demon are close to their end and humans like usually have to go to war to prove who is the better one. Our 3 wandering characters thought that they arrive at place that they could be wanted and happy and that is taking a drastic turn. We see a lot of up and down in the relationship of Terrance, Saka and Angus. This was a beautiful journey and ending to this series. you don't want to miss out read it today
Gretta Wier
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is soooo GOOD

I really liked that this series is not just another sex story. It has demension and has only gotten better and more creative with each book. The cultures and characters are familiar but not in a totally tangible way. I also liked that Angus is changed by experience rather than remaining stagnat.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A magical masterpiece! It was bloody, raw and emotional. I was swept up in this stunning conclusion of this fast-paced fantasy series. I loved the characters and enjoyed reading their story and watching them grow. I highly recommend this series, it was well worth the read!
Debra Guyette
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ben Mcpeake
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance, 2020
The ending for this series was good but this book was a MESS and i can't say that i enjoyed much of it to be honest. 4/10
Andrea
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic trilogy!
Beth Laycock
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A great finale to a fantastic series!

I received an ARC to read & review for Rainbow Romance Reads.
Stéphanie
Dec 07, 2018
Thesfantspirit
Oct 30, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
TJ Nichols is an avid runner and martial arts enthusiast who first started writing as child. Many years later while working as a civil designer, TJ decided to pick up a pen and start writing again. Having grown up reading thrillers and fantasy novels, it’s no surprise that mixing danger and magic comes so easily, writing urban fantasy allows TJ to bring magic to the every day.

T.J. also writes gay

Studies in Demonology (3 books)
  • Warlock in Training (Studies in Demonology, #1)
  • Rogue in the Making (Studies in Demonology, #2)