Start by marking “Into the Light” as Want to Read:
Into the Light

Into the Light

Into the Light is a story of healing from loss, trauma and darkness told through poetry. It explores spirituality, meditation, intuition and personal exploration.

The book is for the woman healing from abuse, sexual abuse, trauma, loss, heartbreak or adversity. It shares a transformative perspective of being in a state of darkness to finding hope, healing and light again.
Published October 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Into the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Light

Breslin White
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a book that distinctly looks poetic, and almost gets to five stars.

It held my attention throughout. Particularly, many of the poems are untitled, which forces you to view them the way the author prefers: I also prefer that.

Essentially the book is one long poem about family abuse, with only one or two diversions from the topic. I think it can be called heartfelt and healing. This author is one of three women in my life that I’ve known to believe in preexistence of the soul.

Night talks
wit
Heena Rathore P.
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Into The Light by Emily Stroia is an intense poetry book that'll sure to win your heart.

The poems are categorised in a very intelligent way and take you to the deepest reaches of emotions. You'll experience a plethora of emotions - dispair, anxiousness, heartbreak, empathy, tiredness, but above all hope while reading this beautiful book.

I liked each and every poem and could relate to almost all of them in a way that really surprised me. Though the author writes from her own experiences, the poem
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
First of all, I would to thanks the publisher for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest book review. Though poetry is not my favorite genre after reading the blurb I decided to read this book. Let’s check more about this book.

You can check this review on my blog here http://www.haloofbooks.com/light-emil...

This book is divided into seven parts. Each part takes you to the different realm.

The first section depicts beautiful prose which depicts a journey of a fetus into the wor
Priya Bhowal
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's beautiful, touching. A story through a series of poems can be abstract but it manages to reach you in a beautiful rhythm. It's sad, and again hopeful. A beautiful journey portrayed through long and short poems, sometimes a few couplets, gives the required emphasis and impact where ever necessary.

** received a review copy from the publisher. Thank you so much to the publisher **
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A powerful collection of poetry, 'Into the Light' is a must-read for anyone struggling with their past who feels alone in this world. A ray of hope in a world often filled with too much darkness, Stroia manages to bring powerful emotion with her words, in poems that speak volumes one would expect to find only in the largest tomes. This touched my soul, and I hope you give it a chance to touch yours.
Emily Green
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, poetry
A book that'll touch your heart!
The Reading Bud
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-request

I liked each and every poem and could relate to...

Read full review here: The Reading Bud
Georgie Mac
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intense, self cleansing.

Very courageous opening of herself in this story of life, her life by Emily Stroia. I could feel the ups and downs of her journey and the feelings she retained from her relationships. The impact those whose lives ran along side hers and left her wanting. And the beauty of facing the hurts and obtaining peace. Well done!
Rachel