Start by marking “The Eye of the Moon (Bourbon Kid, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eye of the Moon (Bourbon Kid, #2)

The Eye of the Moon

(Bourbon Kid #2)

Following a massive rampage that left the streets of Santa Mondega soaked with blood, the elusive supernatural serial killer known only as the Bourbon Kid is now himself being haunted. Hot on his heels are several vampire gangs, the Secret Service, a couple of werewolves, corrupt cops, and the Dark Lord himself, and none will rest until he is dead. But the Kid has a vengea ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Michael O'Mara

To ask other readers questions about The Eye of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye of the Moon

Good Omens by Terry PratchettA Dirty Job by Christopher MooreFear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. ThompsonLamb by Christopher MooreCatch-22 by Joseph Heller
Best Dark Humor
603 books — 1,508 voters
Magic America by C.E. MedfordStone Junction by Jim DodgeThe Contortionist's Handbook by Craig ClevengerNot Fade Away by Jim DodgeFight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
My Cult Fiction
31 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Claire
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A must for fans of 'The Book with No Name'. It's written in the same style, has as much action (or violence, whichever way you want to look at it) and is as funny and fun as the first. It has some returning characters, Dante and Kacy, Peto the Monk, Sanchez and Jessica. And of course the Bourbon Kid. There are werewolves, vampire gangs, vampire cops and a new (or very old) Dark Lord.

It lets you in on some back stories of some of the characters from the first book, as well as some of the charact
Paul
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
The Eye of the Moon by Anonymous is the follow up to The Book with No Name, presumably written by the same author. I read the first novel a couple of years ago and thought it was a fun, easy read that contained some entertaining elements. Based on that, I decided to give the sequel a try.

The story is once again set in the fictional sleazy American border town of Santa Mondega and follows various low lives as they try to get their hands on a magical crystal, the mysteriously monickered The Eye of
Purple
May 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, 5-star
Excellent. I agree with most of the other reviewers here - it's a superior book to the first in almost every way... the violence is better, the characters more defined and the humour spot on. Characters who bugged me in the first book have developed and have grown on me.

Great opening chapter - good to see Elvis again!

If you've read the first book and rated it 3 stars plus, you may as well read this - it's a star better than The Book With No Name.
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

READ IN ENGLISH

The Eye of the Moon is the sequel to The Book With No Name, which I've read a couple of years ago. Ever since, I was completely unaware of this second book (I had no clue it would be turned into a series) until I was adding my books here on BookLikes. I then just walked in to the second and third book of the Bourbon Kid series.

I decided to just start reading The Eye of the Moon, even though I didn't really recall a lot ab
HurrikaneKathrina
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the first book; everyone who loves themselves some splatter and black humor
Shelves: books-of-2016
7.5 out of 10
Genre: Horror/Supernatural, Modern-day Western, Black Comedy
Feels like: Terentino on drugs
Fav. Characters: Peto, Dante, Sanchez
Least fav. character: Jessica

Following the massive blood-bath of the first book, the story picks up one year after the events of book one. We find out more about the Bourbon Kid's past and how he became what he is, while in the city of Santa Mondega, a new Dark Lord is on the rise. Some familiar faces are back in town, like Dante and Kacy, who came bac
Susan Mann
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to The Book With No Name, there are many similarities , the extent of violence, the myriad of characters, the pace to name but a few. There are obvious improvements , this time the author has given the semblance of a plot with some characters playing a more central role to the one they played in The Book With No Name. e.g. Dante and others are playing initially a less sensational role e.g. the Bourbon Kid he previously rampaged and killed just for the fun of it but as this nov ...more
Sofia
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
Self-aware, straight faced parody can be a good thing. It worked pretty well with this book's predecessor, The Book With No Name: it was funny, well aware of the ridiculousness of the plot and it had engaging characters.

In The Eye of the Moon, the author decided to amp that up. Unfortunatly, it was a badly handled decision, and the plot turned really ridiculous and the characters became cartoony. (Not to mention some really glaring incongruences in continuity, but that's another problem.)

Parody
Zuzka
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So here were are again, in Santa Mondega! We meet Elvis, Sanchez, the Mystic Lady, Dante & Kacy, the Bourbon Kid, obviously, and other characters again. This books picks up where The Book With No Name ended.
I was eager to get to know whether my questions which TBWNN left me with would be answered. And, damn, it did answer all of them! Mainly the one why tBK drink bourbon and why he is so violent, psycho and so on.
A page turner, you can't put it down! Which is awesome! Each chapter ends with
Effy Weasley
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
even more gore, even more blood, even more weird creatures, even more twisted chracters, even more fun and sarcasm... it's simply amazing and funny and i dare to say that i nearly liked it better than the first one.
you also get to read a chapter or two on the bourbon kid's teenage years and why he turned out the way he is. i really liked that because it was very interesting and made me love his character even more than in the first book. in the first book i wouldn't really mind if he died but i
Pauline
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must for fans of the bourbon kid.
Paul Forbes
Aug 23, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was ridiculous. Slapstick violence throughout, although some of it was very funny. I was describing a scene where one of the “baddies” (I’ve put baddies in quotes because nearly everyone was a baddie in this book) gets shot up in a lift and my son James (6) who shouldn’t have been listening found it hilarious. The first book “The Book With No Name” was much better, and if you remember my review of that I wondered how the book could continue to a second novel when everyone in the first ...more
All Mota
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novela
SO MUCH BLOOD!!! I like it a lot and i'm happy with the author bc he/she grew up so much, the writting was so good and i love the way that the autor mock himself/herself talking about the first one and giving little clues about, the characters grew up too, less big plot twist and more deaths that i didn't see coming, more gore and more exaggerated characters, the author is giving them a background and even a background to the city, a lot of the dead charcaters didn't deserve it and the book stil ...more
Bozz
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought this was a decent follow up to The Book With No Name. I felt like it was more of the same and although it took some bold choices in regards to who lives and dies, I didn't think it did enough to hook you. I felt all the 'hip' stuff got a bit much the more I read and the film refrences just fall flat. Like an unfunny joke. I don't like to tear anyone down, more so after I found out these books were slef published, but I it read like a fan fiction at times. By that I mean, the writer isn ...more
Maria Elmvang
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Maria by: Eve (Between The Bookends)
Seems like the body count was even higher here than in The Book With No Name. It was still a fascinating story, but didn't seem quite as well thought out. The author tried to give Bourbon Kid a motivation here, whereas in the first book, it was just the way he was - which actually was more in the spirit of the book.

I still really enjoyed it though, and had a very difficult time putting it down. It's wacky enough to appeal to my sense of the absurd, and only occasionally had me wincing from the g
Kshitij
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, suspense
And the chaos continues in this second installment of the Bourbon Kid series. This book has more of a "happy ending". The Bourbon Kid is definitely the best badass/good guy I have ever come across while reading novels. A must-read for the people who have the read The Book With No Name. If not,go read the Book With No Name first! The Book With No Name
Steven Scaffardi
Well, Mr Anonymous has done it again! This fantastic follow-up to the The Book With No Name sees The Bourbon Kid make a triumphant return to form in this bloody, violent, brutal, and hilarious dark comedy. I was hoping for more of the same and this book duly delivered!

To continue reading this review please click here: http://stevenscaffardi.blogspot.co.uk...
DLS
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Bourbon Kid series. Whilst I didn't find the Eye of the Moon as gory and exciting as the Book with No Name it is certainly worth the read.
The sequel begins with giving us a back story to the Bourbon Kid, which is just as gruesome (and slightly heartbreaking) as the present story. We are then thrown in to the battle for the Eye of the Moon, with the surviving characters from the first book joining us along the way.
Merve
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The amazingness returns!!

As good as the first book of the series, The Eye of the Moon is a tremendous read filled with anguish, excitement, suspense and a good laugh at times.

The author succeeded where many others failed before him: the story feels new even if the book is a "sequel" i.e.: no repetitions, simple reminders of the first book when needed yet absolutely no feel of "déjà-vu" or "déjà-lu" ;)

Can't wait to start the third one immediately!
Frankiehunter
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I really enjoyed this book - like the first one "The book with no name".
Blood-soaked, vampire, fantasy, first class action - in the end!
The first two thirds of book were a bit slow - though the chapters are really short. So I was not able to get into the story easily.
But in the end the story catched me and I'm sooo curious what will happen next!
Kristi
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

Fun to read, hard to follow. There is so much going on that it is difficult to keep track of everyone. I wish the Bourbon Kid made more of an appearance. His story is way more interesting than Dante and Kacy, whom I want to like but also want to smack at other times. Still, an entertaining tale and I'm looking forward to the third installment.
Cornelia
I can't tell why exactly, but this one was better than its predecessor. Of course it had again some bloody (and other) effects, and I wouldn't use its language myself ever, but it was at least an amusing read. And concluding from the cliffhanger at the end, I'm sure, we'll see a third book by "Anonymous" :-P one day.
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, supernatural
I stupidly bought the whole series, so I'll keep reading, and trying to tell myself that horrible writing style (everything every writing tip tells you to avoid, from exposition to useless detail and every cliche under the sun (!)) is actually good research for me.

That said, it's so silly as to remain readable. Wouldn't really recommend it, though.
Christine Bax
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2010
I just LOVED this book! The first one was amazing - and I didn't think it was possible for this book to be better - but it was.

Can't wait for the next one!

I read an online rumour that this series is written by Quinton Tarrintino....which would be really funny if it is.

Bourbon Kid Rules!
Marcus with a C
The massacre continues with lots of blood, werewolves and vampires. Usually this is not my type of genre but listening to it as audiobook made it kind of easier. I am not sure if I would have liked to read it actually but it follows the same style as the first book (The book with no name). At times it was more like a slapstick but I could take it with a smile on my face.
Richard
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, thriller
Tongue firmly in cheek. This is a bit of a breath of fresh air to vampire stories. It carries on where 'the book with no name' left off. Although not quite as good (probably because it lacks the surprise element of the last book) it's still an easy quick read where you don't have to get overly stressed about liking any of the characters!
Georgia
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Holy crap, what a twisted ending! love it! If the ladies thought the zombie series was gruesome they have another thing coming with these books, full of action, blood & guts, guns, vampires, werewolves and even a mummy! who is this author?!
Baz
Feb 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first book but this one is probably better. There's actually more blood and guts in this book than The Book With No Name. And it has more twists and turns than an entire series of 24. Bring on the next one.
The Bourbon Kid rules!!!
Antoine
Mar 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, horror, paranormal
A disappointment: same writing style and still some fun parts, but it's too much a repetition of the book with no name. The (long) flash back at the beginning is overall quite poor and I found the ending a bit stretched.
Julia
Sep 13, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I won't finish it. I don't know if it's the horrible translation, the book itself or that I'm just too old. I don't like it. I'm going to give this to my little sister. Maybe she can make use of this.
Steve
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Not quite up to the standard set by The Book With No Name, but still a damned entertaining yarn for all that. If you liked TBWNN you'll love this, and if you haven't read it (and like Tarantino style violence/pop culture references) then find a copy.
Around the Year i...: The Eye of the Moon, by Anonymous 2 19 Sep 21, 2016 04:13PM
Giveaway of the next in the series 1 12 Jul 07, 2010 03:04AM

• Demonkeeper (Demonkeeper, #1)
  • Blackjack (Darkside, #5)
  • Die Stadt der Regenfresser (Chroniken der Weltensucher, #1)
  • Totenblick
  • Überman (Simon Peters #3)
  • Knusum Kranikum (Krøniker fra Kvæhl #1)
  • 666 Charing Cross Road
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Ravnenes hvisken (Ravnenes hvisken, #1)
  • The Lovecraft Anthology: Volume 2
  • Hard as Nails
  • Wolfszeit
  • By Reason of Insanity
  • A Corte dos Traidores (A Saga do Assassino #3)
  • Kampen om sværdet (Erik Menneskesøn #2)
  • Realmshift (The Balance, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Days of Hope
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

Bourbon Kid (4 books)
  • The Book With No Name (Bourbon Kid, #1)
  • The Devil's Graveyard (Bourbon Kid, #3)
  • The Book of Death (Bourbon Kid, #4)