Start by marking “Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow” as Want to Read:
Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow

Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow

University student Anna Winslow has gone missing. The circumstances of her disappearance are far from ordinary, a fact that only fellow student Melissa Lopez appears to appreciate. Motivated by an unexplained and disturbing voicemail message from Anna on the night of her disappearance, Melissa's curiosity quickly turns into a deeper investigation, an obsession even, which ...more
Audible Audio
Published September 14th 2017 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about Unheard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unheard

Mandy
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Melissa Lopez, an American student living in Leeds, who starts to look into the disappearance of Anna Winslow, a fellow student.Then Anna is found dead, and it is uncertain whether she was murdered or committed suicide. Pretty soon she becomes quite obsessed, and is drawn deeper and deeper into the mystery.
I have to say, I only got this because it was free on Audible. I really, really liked this. It is a story told as a podcast, and was very well done, I thought. It got inc
BAM The Bibliomaniac
I really don't know how to rate this. It's not well written, but I couldn't stop listening. I was upset I had to take a pee break.
Melissa
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This short audio production was free from Audible, and quite frankly scared the shit out of me. It's formatted like a series of podcasts, as a student at Leeds University investigates the mysterious death of a fellow student. Conspiracies and the supernatural lurk around every corner, and audio is really the perfect format for the story, as background noises and unidentified voices form a central part of the conceit.

What really got to me was that the main character's name is Melissa, the same a
Elaine Mullane
Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow is a found footage audio thriller from Anthony Del Col. In the podcast, American student, Melissa, attending a university in northern England, begins an investigation into the disappearance of a fellow student - the titular Anna Winslow. She soon discovers that Anna Winslow suffered from hearing difficulties which led her to undergo a radical new procedure at a controversial research clinic. The procedure, and the men responsible for the trial, put Anna's life ...more
Justine
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Creepy AF is some parts. Not a totally original story but an original way to tell it. I've always been a fan of "found footage" horror movies so this was pretty similiar. I don't know how people can complain about something that was free. Have a heart you lot.
Nicole Barnes
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I listened to this as a free channel on Audible. I was intrigued because I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts and audiobooks while I'm at work. This felt like watching one long infomercial; right when you think it's going to get good (or end) it just keeps going. The writing is very amateur and it seems like the clues she receives throughout the story are a little too convenient. Right when she asked where something could possibly be, there it is! There was intrigue to solve the murder but t ...more
Glia
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
I can hear that it is amateur but not in a good way. The main character, Melissa, is unlikeable, she is beyond annoying and some of her actions are unbelievable. It is just so bad. The main storyline has a potential but it didn’t materialize well.
Victoria
I enjoyed this, which is available it at no extra charge through audible subscription. Audible shows are a new service and as one of the first shows on there I'm impressed with this. It's presented as a suspenseful drama, in 20-30 minute "episodes". I listened all through relatively quickly and it held my attention. The dramatisation is what makes this as it is actually quite scary but if just read as a story I'm not sure I would have been quite so impressed, although likely to have retained my ...more
Elle Klass
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this was done. Melissa Lopez is a San Diego California girl in college in Europe. She gets involved with a missing student Anna and as a class assignment starts a podcast interviewing everyone who knew the missing student. Each episode the story left me hanging, wanting more.

As the story progresses it gets more mysterious with a paranormal twist. This is the first time I've listened to an sudio with several voice actors and I really enjoyed it. They were all really good and played th
Pamela Scott
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, top-books

I loved this Audible Original Drama, the first I’ve actually listened to. I only got it because it was free for a period and I’m glad I took a chance on it.

Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow is a brilliant example of what I think an audiobook should be, a more interactive experience rather than someone just reading a book.

I liked the fact each character was narrated by someone different. These all come across as real character and at times I felt like I w
Jeff
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Technically, this isn't a book and it's more like a audio drama like War of the Worlds performed by Orson Wells, I believe. The basic story is that a young British girl named Anna Winslow disappears after what seems like a psychotic break in the middle of a lecture at the college. Melissa Lopez, who is our main character and narrator, receives a voicemail from Anna on the night before she disappears. This basically prompts Melissa to find out what happened to Anna Winslow.

I can't give too many
Rick Verde
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Whoever came up with this story has no idea on how to develop characters, or a storyline. They do not know how to give descriptions, so they fall back on using many movie references to explain a situation.

The funny part is the ending feels like the movie version of Clue. Where all the suspects are gathered together, and accusations are slung at everyone, showing how every single one of them could've been the killer. All building up to nothing.

It attempts to be the Blair Witch, but in the end y
Jennifer Hayes
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Deneen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an audible. Set as a series of pod casts. I have been listening to books more and more lately out on training walks and in the car.

This one was really well done although I originally downloaded it as I thought it was one of those true life cold case “books”. As a work of fiction I quite enjoyed it although there was definite room to “grow the story”. I understand that the author is more of a graphic novel writer so this explains the format and length (its quite short - only as out 3 hrs
Miguel Vega
3.5/5 I really liked this, the effects and visuals were just phenomenal and the story was certainly one that was very mysterious. A girl, Anna, goes missing one day after having difficulty hearing. Seeking help, Anna encounters different characters who promise to help her but then she disappears. Our main protagonist has to help find her. I would have given this a 5 stars if it were not for the ending. The ending kind of ruined it for me.
Maxine
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had this as an audio book, I received it as a free download from Audible. It centres around a journalism student who investigates the disappearance and murder of another student, and the story is told in a series of podcasts and recordings.

I thought this was very well done, and it certainly had plenty of tension, and for it's £0.00 price tag, I was delighted!

I would definitely recommend it for those of you that like you audio books and fancy something a bit different.
Tay
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Absolutely worth a listen (especially considering it was free on Audible). It was actually one of several free books I had downloaded, and clicked on it thinking it was a true crime podcast. What I got instead was a supernatural/psychological thriller, that is very creepy and enthralling (I listened to the entire thing in one day). I wouldn’t say it’s particularly well done, nor would I feel the need to relisten to it, but I would definitely recommend it to others.
Lydia Ruth
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, mystery
To be honest, this totally scared me at a couple of points. I got super creeped out and had to stop listening once. I really enjoyed listening to this... I thought it got a little disjointed at points, but it was an enjoyable listen and the voice actors did a really good job! I would listen to others like this.
Roberta Westwood
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: listened
Meh
I was aware that this was fiction, but thought I'd give it a try, but it just didn't grip me. Perhaps it was the set up ~ like a multi-episode podcast investigating a crime ~ was just too contrived for me. On the other hand, I did admire the creativity, and applaud pushing the boundaries of what is expected.
Sandy King
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
What a let down! I thought it might all resolve itself in the final episode but was mistaken. Did anyone actually bother to read it through to check that it made sense? Very poor, Audible. Perhaps that was why it was free? The actors themselves were all very good and the sound effects were excellent. But good actors and great sound effects don't make up for enormous gaps in the story.
Nicole
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I actually really enjoyed this story. What began as a simple communication project developed into so much more! The plot line was intriguing, character development good and delivery via audio in the form of a podcast- brilliant. I didn’t love the ending which is where he 3 instead of 4 stars comes from, but if you’re looking for something different, mystery, intrigue and plot twists, try it out!
Abi
Apr 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio-books
*1.5 stars*

This took me ages to get through because it was really creepy to listen to, and there was just a lot of screaming.

The plot was intriguing, but also kind of stupid, if that makes sense. And although I appreciated the full cast audiobook, it was acted very cheesily. I just didn't really enjoy reading this, so I would recommend skipping this one in the future.
Alice
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an interesting use and exploration of the audio format to create and tell a story. The story and writing are straightforward and the narrators/voice actors/sound effects brought this story to life. This feels more like an audio journal rather than a podcast as it was intended to be. At times this was rather spooky! It was an enjoyable short listen.
Grace
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Free Audible book which is styled to be like a Serial- style podcast. Pretty meh, but still margianally entertaining. Listen if bored/looking for something to fill 3 hours. Maybe not bad for a road trip or something.
Ashlea Nicol
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Unheard was a fun and fast story to listen to. I enjoyed the way the story flowed, and the podcast-like format was great. The ending seemed a bit out of left field, and I was left feeling slightly disappointed as I thought the story was flowing in a certain direction. Overall, it was a fun story!
Michael Temple
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the format. It left me wanting more radio show style shows. However, the plot is trash. Its worth checking it out if you had audible (It's free) to pass the time, but there isn't much beyond that.
Katrina Evers
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series a lot was nice a brilliant listen while on my holiday. The only thing I would say is that the ending let it down. I throughly the story and the build up we’re brilliant but not too sure about the ending.
Apekshit
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stuck on it from the start till the end! Had me hooked like crazy. Amazing (not exactly an) audio book. Full of suspense.

The sound quality and actors were amazing. Goosebumps in every episode. Little confused about the ending though. Would love to discuss it with someone.

• Just Me
  • The Body in the Lake (Cherringham, #7)
  • The X-Files: Season 10, Volume 3
  • Murdered, My Sweet
  • One Two
  • Easily Distracted
  • The Long Room
  • Fry's English Delight: Series 1 (Fry's English Delight, #1)
  • Radicals: Outsiders Changing the World
  • Precious Victims
  • With Our Blessing (Inspector Tom Reynolds, #1)
Anthony Del Col is the co-creator and co-writer of the acclaimed IDW Publishing series KILL SHAKESPEARE, which has been nominated for Harvey and Joe Shuster Awards. The series has also been adapted into a stage show, board game and is currently in development for television with Universal Cable Productions. He is also the writer or co-writer of ASSASSIN'S CREED, ASSASSIN'S CREED: ORIGINS (Titan) a ...more