Start by marking “Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)

Untamed Cowboy

(Gold Valley #2)

In Gold Valley, Oregon, love might be hiding in plain sight…

Some things are too perfect to mess with. Bennett Dodge’s relationship with Kaylee Capshaw is one of them. They work together at their veterinary clinic and have been best friends for years. When Bennett’s world is rocked by the appearance of a son he didn’t know he had, he needs Kaylee more than ever. And he does
Mass Market Paperback, 473 pages
Published June 19th 2018 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Untamed Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untamed Cowboy

♥Rachel♥
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Kaylee has been in love with her best friend Bennett Dodge since they were teenagers but hasn’t ever revealed her feelings and has had to endure the pain of watching him date other women. I felt Kaylee’s yearning and pain acutely.

Yes, I wanted to smack Bennett for being so clueless, he did have some reasons why he just never let his brain go there, think of his best friend in that way, but still! His circumstances change abruptly, he has a son that he didn’t know about dumped on his do
Zoe
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beguiling, touching, and downright swoon-worthy!

Untamed Cowboy is a sweet, provocative tale about the intelligent, kindhearted Kaylee who's finding it harder and harder to keep her attraction for her best friend a secret, and the easygoing, handsome Bennett who may just discover that sometimes things happen for a reason, and everything he’s ever wanted may be standing right in front of him.

The prose is lighthearted and sultry. The characters are amusing, entertaining and supportive. And the plot
Stacee
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I was excited to see Bennett getting his own story. I was definitely intrigued to get more of him after seeing the relationship with Olivia.

I liked Kaylee and Bennett. They’re both compatible and I thought their friendship was sweet. Of course the rest of the family was in it and I enjoy their dynamic, especially with the addition of a somewhat sullen teenager.

Plot wise, it was okay? Between Bennett’s need to plan and Kaylee’s uncertainty about Bennett, it got repetitive. I didn’t see their che
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Bennett and Kaylee are so super sweet together. Best friends since high school, all through vet school and even started their practice together. Their personalities craved being around the other, fate knew all along how this would play out but it took quite a while for their brains to catch up. Watching Bennett interact with Dallas, willing to go all out from the first moment he met him, truly identifies him as father first and foremost. A whirl wind of emotions hit Kaylee, to watch the love of
Aly
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cowboy and a veterinarian, be still my heart !!!

Seventeen years ago, a boy with a loving family but who lost his mother when he was younger and a girl who had to learn to take care of herself because her parents couldn't care less became friends . They went to vet school together and now own a clinic where they take care of pets and livestock.

Kaylee Capshaw dates men. But there's always the same problem : they're not Bennett Dodge. All these years, she never told her best friend that she's in
Esther
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, family
ARC provided by NetGalley and Harlequin in exchange for an honest review.

I struggled with this one....

Kaylee is in love with her best friend, Bennet since high school. She's tried dating other men and none can come close to what she feels for her best friend Bennet. Kaylee's home-life was unhealthy and her parents were neglectful, so she escaped to Bennet's home. Kaylee learned to be independent and care for herself, she's learned she doesn't trust easily or love easily. Kaylee also suffers fro
Melanie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Untamed Cowboy features a delightful friends to lovers romance with an amazing set of characters and I really enjoyed it.

Kaylee Capshaw has been in love with her best friend Bennett Dodge since high school, but never voiced her feelings as she didn’t want to ruin their friendship. Together they started a veterinary clinic and everything is as great as it has always been. Then Bennett finds out he has a fifteen year old son and his world is turned upside down causing him to need Kaylee m
Maria Rose
Untamed Cowboy by Maisey Yates is the second story in her Gold Valley series, and is a heartwarming and sensual friends to lovers story.

Bennett Dodge and Kaylee Capshaw have been best friends since they were kids. They work together at a veterinarian clinic and spend a fair amount of their free time with each other. Though Kaylee has had a long standing crush on Bennett, she’s not been willing to risk their friendship by telling him and has kept it hidden, even when he was on the verge of marryi
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Untamed Cowboy is book two in the Gold Valley series by Maisey Yates.

Kaylee and Bennett where super sweet together. It’s the best friends to lover storyline. These two have been friends since high school, went to collage together, and now they have a vet practice together. They craved being around each other, but it took quite a while for them to realize they should be a couple.

The surprise kid that pops up in Bennett’s life was interesting. Bennett has to learn how to be a father to a teenager
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,3 / 5 stars

This was my first Maisey Yates book and I gotta say I really enjoyed it. I'm sucker for best friends to lovers so that fact called out to me, but once I met all the characters and the story started flowing you learn that this book is so much more than the romance.

Bennett and Kaylee have been best friends ever since she moved into town. Bennett was Kaylee's escape from her home life, he gave her strength, helped her turn her life around and gave her a life plan. Besides bein
Kayla Brunson
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, arc
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

I would have liked this so much better if it was shorter. I was all in from the beginning because single dad romances are some of my favorite books to read.

We have Kaylee and Bennett who have been best friends since forever. Kaylee has been pining for Bennett for half of that time. Bennett has a teenage son that he didn’t know about turn up. Throw in an unexpected kiss with Kaylee and his world is spinning out of control.

My main
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 6/18/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2qdznvB

Untamed Cowboy touched the heart and made me feel so much for two best friends who have spent a lifetime being there for one another.

The Gist: Bennett's perfectly ordered life has blown up in his face in the form of a troubled 15 year old boy. Who just so happens to be his kid. One he had no idea about and finds himself responsible for. Thankfully his best friend is there to help both of them fi
Mandi Schreiner
I liked the surprise son - but otherwise a bit slow and not a lot of passion.

Realllllly want Grant's story. Review to come
Under the Covers Book Blog

I think this was my first Maisey Yates book but I've been tempted to pick up her books for years now.  In my quest for trying to read cowboy romances this year, I couldn't pass this one up.  I absolutely adored the premise of UNTAMED COWBOY.  Kaylee and Bennett have been best friends since high school.  They went to college together, both became
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
She was everything. Everything he had wanted her to be. Everything he had needed her to be. And then some.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous going into Untamed Cowboy, for the sole reason that I can be a little picky when it comes to friends-to-lovers romance. Don’t get me wrong—I love them, and consider them to be one of my favorite tropes, but I wasn’t sure what this story would deliver.

Ultimately, it delivered what I have come to expect of Maisey Yates, and that is a charming, sexy and
Debbie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, cowboy
Untamed Cowboy
Maisey Yates

Yates welcomes fans back to Oregon with full-length novel #2 in her new Gold Valley series staring two BFF Veterinarians in a classic with a few twists and turns friends to lovers story. The storyline deals with some sobering issues but the author is not afraid to raise a little Cain and have some fun as well, and offers her audience that winning combination of featuring animals and kids, even though the animals are aging rescue horses plus side of the road varmint save
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I really enjoyed the storyline of Untamed Cowboy. I read it all in one weekend because I didn’t want to put the book down. Although I could have done with a little less repetition of Kaylee and Bennett’s issues.

My very favorite part of Untamed Cowboy was definitely Dallas! He has had to grow up fast and he could be bitter and closed off from the life he has lived. Instead he ends up acting the least immature and childish of the main characters!

“I wanted to make sure that she knew she wasn’t by
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read book 1 in this series and OMG! I think I liked this story so MUCH more than the first! First, both characters are veterinarians - so I love them already! Secret loves and secret sons and this book is just totally a captivating read from beginning to end. So often I don't click with a story like this but Bennett and Kaylee had my attention from the get go. I wanted to shake Bennett and just give Kaylee some encouragement to find another guy other than Bennett. Another s ...more
Cheryl
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good cowboy story. Untamed Cowboy by Maisey Yates does it for me. Kaylee and Bennett wer good together. Although, their chemistry in the beginning was slow to build. This is because neither one woul admit thier true feelings to one another or make the first move. Yet, when they did finally hook up; sparks were definitely flying.

Kaylee and Bennett were not the only ones that were charming. All of the other characters from Bennett's brother and sister to his son. None of them played just
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Untamed Cowboy is the story of two best friends falling in love with each other. Kaylee and Bennett have been the best of friends since they were 13-years-old, but the truth, is that Kaylee has always wanted them to be more.

Bennett is coming off a breakup from Olivia and he and Kaylee decide to try a no strings attached fling. It is then that he beings to see her in a new light.

Along with this new relationship comes a secret in the form of a son that Bennett never knew about. Dallas is no
Anfel Abdel
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5 stars.
Well this was a bit diappointing. I picked this up thinking I'm in for a fun, hot cowboy summer read but I ended up with a huge dose of confused, hesitant, and indecisive characters and a book packed full of D.R.A.M.A.
To be fully honest, I don't mind drama much. When done right and added in a logicial way (and most importantly in a way that adds up to the story), it can make the novel even better and sweeter. But this was just too much.
And, honestly, I might've actually
Donna Repsher
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Maisey Yates' novels, was eagerly looking forward to reading this second novel in her Gold Valley series, and, once again, I found this this one almost impossible to put down, but I did have a few minor issues with it, which I why I can only give it a 4.5 star rating.

Bennett Dodge and Kaylee Capshaw have been best friends since they first met when Kaylee was 13 years old. She was the lonely and scared new kid in school, when young Bennett joined her
Danielle
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sascha
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
After coming off of the high of Maisey Yates' Smooth Talking Cowboy (you can read the review here), I was so ready for Untamed Cowboy. Unfortunately everything that made  Smooth Talking Cowboy work seemed to be lacking in Untamed Cowboy.

First off, it's really rare that I don't like heroes in romance novels. I mean, they're the ultimate reason we read romances, right? However, Bennett goes from being wishy-washy and bland to a jerk in 0-60. Even at the end, I don't feel he ever redeemed himself i
Deb
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a friend to lover romance, that shows even the smartest of men can be dumber than a bag of rocks. lol

Bennett Dodge is a planner, everything has there place. After losing his mother, Bennett drew into himself. His mother is the main part of why he became a veterinarian. Bennett is about to get a shock of a lifetime what he does with said surprise will change his life completely.

Kaylee Capshaw's story just broke my heart, her relationship with her parents is strained to say the least. Kay
Brittany
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75

Bennett Dodge managed to dodge an unhappy marriage when his ex-girlfriend Olivia left him. However, now he has started to have feelings for his best friend Kaylee Capshaw and that terrifies him more than anything. Kaylee has spent her entire life convincing herself she could love someone other than Bennett Dodge, but now she isn't so sure. Will they be able to overcome their fear of ruining their friendship in order to see if they could have a relationship?

This was a cure story, but I wasn't
Jessica Lezama a
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
3.5*

Bennet and Kaylee have been best friends since they were kids... she has been following Bennet all her life because she has always wanted to escape her reality and Bennet and his family were that for her...

Bennet has always wanted his life in order, everything that comes in his life needs to be planned so he knows what to expect and what to do.

But when Bennet’s life gives a 180* Turn nothing is like he planned and the only thing that stays the same is Kaylee’s friendship... until that chan
Listener
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I usually enjoy friends-to-lovers books but sadly this one was disappointing. A whiny, insecure heroine, a clueless, most unromantic hero. No romance whatsoever. So no, 1.5 stars only.
Marlene
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Untamed Cowboy combines a trope I really love with a trope I usually hate into a romance that just turned out to be the right book at the right time.

Bennett and Kaylee have been friends forever. Or at least since they were both 13, from the minute that Kaylee moved to Gold Valley. Even more miraculously, they stayed friends, through high school, college, veterinary school and into their current veterinary practice.

They’ve gone from friends to business partn
Trish
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't mind admitting that I was excited when I found out that the second book in the Gold Valley series would be Bennett's and Kaylee's.  After the glimpses we have gotten to see in previous books, I had no doubt these two would end up together and I was glad we didn't have to wait until later in the series to have it happen.

In Untamed Cowboy, we find out that Bennett wasn't always the buttoned up man that we knew him as.  You see, Bennett got his girlfriend pregnant at age 16 and after she to
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • Wild Ride (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon #2)
  • The House on Main Street (Apple Valley #1)
  • The Return (Sunnybell #2)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Bride (The McCall Brothers Book 4)
  • Rough Rider (Hot Cowboy Nights, #2)
  • Keep Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)
  • Tougher in Texas (Texas Rodeo #3)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • Hold Me Together
  • Alaskan Hideaway (Northern Lights, #3)
  • In Flames
  • Kindred Rites (Night Calls #2)
  • A Little Bit Sinful (Forbidden Love, #2)
  • Navy Families: Navy Baby\Navy Husband
  • Redheaded Stranger (Bluebonnet Texas, #3)
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Gold Valley (8 books)
  • Smooth-Talking Cowboy (Gold Valley, #1)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Cowboy to the Core (Gold Valley, #6)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption
“His family had become hers, in many ways. They weren't perfect, but there was more love in their broken pieces than Kaylee's home had ever had.” 1 likes