Start by marking “The Fall Of The King (Lightness Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fall Of The King (Lightness Saga #3)

The Fall Of The King

(Lightness Saga #3)

There is nothing the Unseelie king doesn’t acquire.

That was until he meets Fionna Cathbad.

A fierce druid, who won’t bow to anyone. Especially Lars. The demon king has every right to kill her, her treasonous acts against the crown are undisputable. But, she is the key to the one thing he wants more than anything. The cauldron of dagda. A powerful treasure that no fae shou
Published October 12th 2017 (first published October 8th 2017)

Sh3lly
Oct 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
New release and only $0.99!

Check out our author Q&A here:

Krista
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! What a thrill ride! I can't wait to read what happens next. I loved the amazing chemistry between Fionna and Lars. Can we say hot! My emotions were all over the place and all at once. This book really hit me in the feels. The plotlines thickened and I love that. Lorcan is still my favorite book boyfriend, but Lars gave him a good run for the money. Bravo Stacey, bravo!
Tracy Lawson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ugh i need the next book right now !!!

As of right now i am so upset we have to wait god knows how long for the final i instalment of a series that has completely captured not only my imagination but also my heart. What a journey weve been on so far with these characters i feel like i lived every word and page with them and although we only have one book to go im excited but also incredibly sad that it will be over!!!

Lars was so much more than i hoped he would be and Stacey once again made me fal
Jessica
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
****4.75 stars****
Well hot damn!! This was GOOD. I really enjoyed digging deeper into the Lars we all knew was buried in there. So many books, so many hints and now we get to see more of what we speculated about him.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Fionna, but I really did. She had the confidence that Ember (in the beginning) and Kennedy lacked. She also didn't pity herself, like Zoey did. She had guilt, but didn't dwell in it (not that she had much time to). Fionna is powerful and SHOWS it
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

If I am being honest, I was a little intimidated at the thought of reading this book. Eager to read it, yes, but also apprehensive. Lars is such a special character and I was nervous that I wouldn't like his voice. I thought that if I got to know Lars on a deeper level then the magic would be undone and I wouldn't see him in the same light anymore. Luckily, I was just getting myself worked up for nothing because I was very impressed by his
Tiffany
The best one yet!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!!! Stacey Marie Brown is like a wizard bringing magic, intrigue, mystery and action all together in a symphony that tells the most epic of tales!!!!! I can't wait to see what she has in store next!!!!!!
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well shit, I should’ve suspected this wasn’t the final book in the series! The wait for book 4 is gonna suck!!!
Tiffany (Bibliophile Babes Book Blog)
All Hail the King 💓💓

If you think the Dark Dwellers are hot just wait until you meet the Demon King! The level of passion Fionna and Lars exudes will scorch the earth. I thought the relationships from the previous books (Ember/Eli, Zoey/Ryker, West/Rez, Kennedy/Lorcan) were full of fire and love/hate but these two set a whole new bar for frustration. I knew Fionna would be a force to be reckoned with from Lightness Falling and West, but I underestimated just how fierce this little Druid truly is.
Sarah Dale
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never thought I would love Lars but he has given Lorcan a run for his money. This gripping instalment was the story I was waiting for! Sizzling chemistry with the King finally meeting his match. Love this series so much I never want it to end. Stacey has hit gold with this amazing series and Characters!

I knew that for this to be Lars story it would have to be a phenomenal one and Stacey certainly didn't disappoint. Throughout the Darkness and Lightness series I have gone backwards and forwards b
Bookworms Devouring Words
Shelves: ebook
I can't believe how great this novel was, **I Received ARC Novel for Review**

Lars: Demon King, Sexy, mysterious, and bone chillingly scary. You challenge him you won't live to see the next second of your life. But behind his Kingly facade he wants love and a family but that was taken when he made the choice for power over love, now, he has his kingdom to save and the only thing he believes will help is the Cauldron. And he will do whatever it takes to get it.

Fionna: Druid, she is captive by Lars
Nic Spears
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jesus, Stacey! What in the bloody hell have you done to me???

My heart is in tatters and my gut is twisted in knots with how you’ve left us and with thoughts of what’s to come.

I knew you were going to put us through the ringer, but by hell I was not expecting this.

Stacey has created a world with characters that have weaved their way and taken up residence in our hearts and who will forever stay there.
We feel every single emotion that bleeds through these pages, and by god we got it in bucket l
Kalli Bunch
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG so this is Lars' story. In the last book he took Fiona, who happens to be Kennedy's sister, and made a deal with Kennedy to keep Fiona alive. Kennedy has to find the last of the four treasures. The Cauldron of Dagda. In this book, you get to see inside Lars' mind, and I have been waiting for this since he first made an appearance!! This is one of the best books so far in the series (and that's saying a lot because I LOVED Sprig)!! If you haven't read this one, DO IT!! The final book EVER is ...more
Nikki Archer
Holy hotness

I don’t know where to begin the fall of the king is one of the best series in 2017 I fell in love with Lars he’s ignorant sexy sweet nice mean all wrapped up in one and very vulnerable at time . In this book you get to see the real him. Fionna character is one bad Druid .she do not back down from no one not even the king .. their chemistry is hot .. their argument get so hot slowly she lets the king in to her life. Get ready for hotness action .. secret expose .Family reappears fight
Rosanna
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy shite!

Amazing! I just love Lars! I didn’t think I was going to like Fionna because she was so crappy in the last book but I did! I love both of them. Such a sad ending too... Lars being shoved away in the corner of his mind to be taken over by the stone.
Can’t wait to read the next and final book in the Light/Dark/Collector Series! When all my favourite character are all going to join together and fight for the rightful king Lars!
Pam Foster
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I’ve been so excited for this release and boy it was everything I hoped it would be!!! I especially loved the dual POV story telling between Lars and Fionna it worked so perfectly. Both are amazing lead characters with bag loads of personality and humour, their chemistry is off the charts!! I loved the story it was full of twists and turns. Fans of Stacey’s books will love this!! Five stars 😁
Hannah Conway
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow she's done it again another amazing book with beautiful character development and diverse character relationships. the sharp-witted wordplay between Fiona and Lars had me grinning through the entire book.
the only part I didn't understand was why Lara couldn't kill the person he needed to kill why they were unconscious since it was a perfect opportunity but it also would have ended the book right there and have no need for a final installment.
Rachael
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping.....

Heart stopping action throughout the entire book. I couldn’t put it down and finished the book in less than a day. I can’t wait for Book #4!!
Rosanna
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing as usual!!
Just fantastic!
Barbara Liana Salas
Wow!

This book was very, very good. I finished it in 2 days. I just couldn't stop reading. This book had me feeling all sorts of emotions. I can't wait til the next book comes out. This one was amazing. They just keep getting better and better. But I was not expecting that ending.
Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
Action Packed & Intense

What a book. I never saw any of this coming. Stacey surprised me at every twist and turn with this book.

I need more.
CVidal
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

It connected many plots from the previous books, giving us an idea of how important everything is. I enjoyed the story, can’t wait for the next book
Amy Cook
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ

I am so happy with this story, and the stories adjoining it that I am literally ecstatic. I can’t wait to get home and write a proper review. Until then, READ THIS SERIES.
Courtney Borgstedt
Sooooo friggin good

Ok, so normally I don't review very often, but this one needed one! This book twists and turns and leaves you with an ending that leaves you needing the next book!!
Shay
I loved it!!

The interactions between the main characters is absolutely hysterical filled with sexual attraction. Has lots of action. Great book so do yourself a favor read the series.
If you liked the first 5 books of the fever series your gonna love this one.
Alice hamer
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so never thought that Lars could be HOT....not sure why. Damn that stone!!
Joc The Audio Flow Bookin Around Town
GASP!!!! LARS!!!!!
That's my review. Ok partially. I thought this was the LAST book....

I went into reading this late, because I was scared of how it would end. I have come to love all of SMB's characters and Lars has always been one of my 'secret' favorites. I knew he had a delicious backstory, and hoped that Brown would do him justice. Did I ever doubt her? Of course not. Did I think she'd write a book and let me have my warm and fuzzy? Yeah, I knew she wouldn't. That's her writing style. Give y
L.B.
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I gotta be honest. I know a lot of Stacey Marie Brown readers were excited for Lars' story, but I was a little hesitant. I *liked* that his character was this unemotional, inhuman, robot of a demon with a lot of mystery and enigma and a lot of scary-ness. BUT I actually felt she did his POV justice and that made it all the more powerful when he opens up. He was still petrifying and I totally felt for Fionna who continuously received his wrath. Her POV shows she's a unique one with a tough ...more
Andrea Cloyd
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
Reading about all the relationships within these series has nothing compared to the fire that fuels the love (and hate) relationship of Lars and Fionna – it will leave you utterly frustrated and desperate for more anyways. while reading you were on the edge of your seat dealing with the ups and downs of Fionna and Lars and then reading about the shocking twist that turns the story on its head…. Everything will change because of a decision that was made a long time ago. This book was beyond my ex ...more
Lesley
Mid to upper 4s. I didn’t want to put Fall of the King down.

Plot:
Lars has three of the four treasures of the Tuatha Dé Danann. The only one he’s missing is the cauldron, and the only way he’s going to find it with the help of Fionna, who he has imprisoned for treason.

Characters:
I already loved Lars, but after the end of Lightness Falling, I was kind of worried about how I would feel about Fionna. She totally grew on me, and I think she and Lars are an incredible couple.

Writing:
Stacey Marie Bro
Eliana Martin
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who enjoys well thought out plots, great characters and exceptional writing.
I have to say this is my favorite book thus far in the lightness saga series.
Lars is a total bad ass in all his unseelie glory, and Fionna is his match, the only one who doesn't bow down or cower to him, the only one who challenges him, the only one not afraid of him. He is in his right to kill her because of her treason against the crown. But he needs her to find the cauldron of dagda. The one thing she refuses to do, but he finds her one weakness to force her compliance; and so begins the dan
  • Brave the Tempest (Cassandra Palmer, #9)
  • Chosen One (Forever Evermore, #6)
  • Reign Storm (Demon Princess, #4)
  • Piece of Cake
  • Transcendent (Denazen, #4)
  • Untitled (The Eclipse, #2)
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • Tavistock Institute: Social Engineering the Masses
  • Autumnstorm (The Celtic Circle, #1)
  • Spitfire (The Silver Oaks Series, # 3)
  • Witch's Fury (The Bone Coven Chronicles #4)
  • Dancers, Quitters, and Garden Gnomes
  • The Fire Witch (The Coven: Elemental Magic #6.5)
  • Ripples In Time (Maji, #2)
  • Hell Sucks: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy (Selena Pierce Book 2)
  • Shadow Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, #4)
  • White Charms and Dark Secrets (Grey Witch #2)
  • Fallen Star (Vampire Girl #7)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

Lightness Saga (4 books)
  • The Crown Of Light (Lightness Saga #1)
  • Lightness Falling (Lightness Saga #2)
  • Rise From The Embers (Lightness Saga #4)