Start by marking “The Fall of the King (Lightness Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of the King (Lightness Saga #3)

The Fall of the King

(Lightness Saga #3)

There is nothing the Unseelie king doesn’t acquire.

That was until he meets Fionna Cathbad.

A fierce druid, who won’t bow to anyone. Especially Lars. The demon king has every right to kill her, her treasonous acts against the crown are undisputable. But, she is the key to the one thing he wants more than anything. The cauldron of dagda. A powerful treasure that no fae sh
Published October 12th 2017 (first published October 8th 2017)

Start your review of The Fall of the King (Lightness Saga #3)
Sh3lly
Oct 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
New release and only $0.99!

Check out our author Q&A here:

Krista
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! What a thrill ride! I can't wait to read what happens next. I loved the amazing chemistry between Fionna and Lars. Can we say hot! My emotions were all over the place and all at once. This book really hit me in the feels. The plotlines thickened and I love that. Lorcan is still my favorite book boyfriend, but Lars gave him a good run for the money. Bravo Stacey, bravo!
Tracy Lawson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ugh i need the next book right now !!!

As of right now i am so upset we have to wait god knows how long for the final i instalment of a series that has completely captured not only my imagination but also my heart. What a journey weve been on so far with these characters i feel like i lived every word and page with them and although we only have one book to go im excited but also incredibly sad that it will be over!!!

Lars was so much more than i hoped he would be and Stacey once again made me fal
Jessica
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
****4.75 stars****
Well hot damn!! This was GOOD. I really enjoyed digging deeper into the Lars we all knew was buried in there. So many books, so many hints and now we get to see more of what we speculated about him.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Fionna, but I really did. She had the confidence that Ember (in the beginning) and Kennedy lacked. She also didn't pity herself, like Zoey did. She had guilt, but didn't dwell in it (not that she had much time to). Fionna is powerful and SHOWS it
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

If I am being honest, I was a little intimidated at the thought of reading this book. Eager to read it, yes, but also apprehensive. Lars is such a special character and I was nervous that I wouldn't like his voice. I thought that if I got to know Lars on a deeper level then the magic would be undone and I wouldn't see him in the same light anymore. Luckily, I was just getting myself worked up for nothing because I was very impressed by his
Tiffany
The best one yet!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!!! Stacey Marie Brown is like a wizard bringing magic, intrigue, mystery and action all together in a symphony that tells the most epic of tales!!!!! I can't wait to see what she has in store next!!!!!!
Sonja
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks

I would have really liked this book so much more if it wasn't for the fact that I hate characters like Fionna. I really truly hate it when characters are so full of themselves, thinking that they're better than everyone and to prove it they keep shoving their self-inflated ego into everyone's face. They show nobody respect no matter who they are or their station and just push and push and push. All they do is cause confrontation and you can't have a single conversation without them maki
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well shit, I should’ve suspected this wasn’t the final book in the series! The wait for book 4 is gonna suck!!!
Tiffany (Bibliophile Babes Book Blog)
All Hail the King 💓💓

If you think the Dark Dwellers are hot just wait until you meet the Demon King! The level of passion Fionna and Lars exudes will scorch the earth. I thought the relationships from the previous books (Ember/Eli, Zoey/Ryker, West/Rez, Kennedy/Lorcan) were full of fire and love/hate but these two set a whole new bar for frustration. I knew Fionna would be a force to be reckoned with from Lightness Falling and West, but I underestimated just how fierce this little Druid truly is.
Sarah Dale
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never thought I would love Lars but he has given Lorcan a run for his money. This gripping instalment was the story I was waiting for! Sizzling chemistry with the King finally meeting his match. Love this series so much I never want it to end. Stacey has hit gold with this amazing series and Characters!

I knew that for this to be Lars story it would have to be a phenomenal one and Stacey certainly didn't disappoint. Throughout the Darkness and Lightness series I have gone backwards and forwards b
Bookworms Devouring Words
Shelves: ebook
I can't believe how great this novel was, **I Received ARC Novel for Review**

Lars: Demon King, Sexy, mysterious, and bone chillingly scary. You challenge him you won't live to see the next second of your life. But behind his Kingly facade he wants love and a family but that was taken when he made the choice for power over love, now, he has his kingdom to save and the only thing he believes will help is the Cauldron. And he will do whatever it takes to get it.

Fionna: Druid, she is captive by Lars
Nic Spears
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jesus, Stacey! What in the bloody hell have you done to me???

My heart is in tatters and my gut is twisted in knots with how you’ve left us and with thoughts of what’s to come.

I knew you were going to put us through the ringer, but by hell I was not expecting this.

Stacey has created a world with characters that have weaved their way and taken up residence in our hearts and who will forever stay there.
We feel every single emotion that bleeds through these pages, and by god we got it in bucket l
Kalli Bunch
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG so this is Lars' story. In the last book he took Fiona, who happens to be Kennedy's sister, and made a deal with Kennedy to keep Fiona alive. Kennedy has to find the last of the four treasures. The Cauldron of Dagda. In this book, you get to see inside Lars' mind, and I have been waiting for this since he first made an appearance!! This is one of the best books so far in the series (and that's saying a lot because I LOVED Sprig)!! If you haven't read this one, DO IT!! The final book EVER is ...more
Nikki Archer
Holy hotness

I don’t know where to begin the fall of the king is one of the best series in 2017 I fell in love with Lars he’s ignorant sexy sweet nice mean all wrapped up in one and very vulnerable at time . In this book you get to see the real him. Fionna character is one bad Druid .she do not back down from no one not even the king .. their chemistry is hot .. their argument get so hot slowly she lets the king in to her life. Get ready for hotness action .. secret expose .Family reappears fight
Rosanna
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy shite!

Amazing! I just love Lars! I didn’t think I was going to like Fionna because she was so crappy in the last book but I did! I love both of them. Such a sad ending too... Lars being shoved away in the corner of his mind to be taken over by the stone.
Can’t wait to read the next and final book in the Light/Dark/Collector Series! When all my favourite character are all going to join together and fight for the rightful king Lars!
Pam Foster
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I’ve been so excited for this release and boy it was everything I hoped it would be!!! I especially loved the dual POV story telling between Lars and Fionna it worked so perfectly. Both are amazing lead characters with bag loads of personality and humour, their chemistry is off the charts!! I loved the story it was full of twists and turns. Fans of Stacey’s books will love this!! Five stars 😁
Hannah Conway
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow she's done it again another amazing book with beautiful character development and diverse character relationships. the sharp-witted wordplay between Fiona and Lars had me grinning through the entire book.
the only part I didn't understand was why Lara couldn't kill the person he needed to kill why they were unconscious since it was a perfect opportunity but it also would have ended the book right there and have no need for a final installment.
Barbara Garcia
Wow!

This book was very, very good. I finished it in 2 days. I just couldn't stop reading. This book had me feeling all sorts of emotions. I can't wait til the next book comes out. This one was amazing. They just keep getting better and better. But I was not expecting that ending.
Rachael
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heart stopping.....

Heart stopping action throughout the entire book. I couldn’t put it down and finished the book in less than a day. I can’t wait for Book #4!!
Rosanna
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing as usual!!
Just fantastic!
Heather Gilbert
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lars

I love Lars, I’ve loved gin in every book so far, even when you saw the harsher side of him with West. There is something about him, add in Fiona and BOOM! Great story.
Amy Cook
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ

I am so happy with this story, and the stories adjoining it that I am literally ecstatic. I can’t wait to get home and write a proper review. Until then, READ THIS SERIES.
Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews
Action Packed & Intense

What a book. I never saw any of this coming. Stacey surprised me at every twist and turn with this book.

I need more.
C V
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

It connected many plots from the previous books, giving us an idea of how important everything is. I enjoyed the story, can’t wait for the next book
Magdalena Kaminska
I love this book, love the story line of Lars and Fionna, I bonded with the characters .This book is amazing.. and all the treasure hunt was so interesting. I want moreee!
Courtney Borgstedt
Sooooo friggin good

Ok, so normally I don't review very often, but this one needed one! This book twists and turns and leaves you with an ending that leaves you needing the next book!!
Shay
I loved it!!

The interactions between the main characters is absolutely hysterical filled with sexual attraction. Has lots of action. Great book so do yourself a favor read the series.
If you liked the first 5 books of the fever series your gonna love this one.
Alice hamer
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so never thought that Lars could be HOT....not sure why. Damn that stone!!
Joc The Audio Flow Bookin Around Town
GASP!!!! LARS!!!!!
That's my review. Ok partially. I thought this was the LAST book....

I went into reading this late, because I was scared of how it would end. I have come to love all of SMB's characters and Lars has always been one of my 'secret' favorites. I knew he had a delicious backstory, and hoped that Brown would do him justice. Did I ever doubt her? Of course not. Did I think she'd write a book and let me have my warm and fuzzy? Yeah, I knew she wouldn't. That's her writing style. Give y
L.B.
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I gotta be honest. I know a lot of Stacey Marie Brown readers were excited for Lars' story, but I was a little hesitant. I *liked* that his character was this unemotional, inhuman, robot of a demon with a lot of mystery and enigma and a lot of scary-ness. BUT I actually felt she did his POV justice and that made it all the more powerful when he opens up. He was still petrifying and I totally felt for Fionna who continuously received his wrath. Her POV shows she's a unique one with a tough ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Restoration (The Revelation, #5)
  • Redemption (The Revelation, #3)
  • Revolution (The Revelation, #4)
  • Restraint (The Revelation #2)
  • Dark Paradise (The Revelation Series #6)
  • Elemental Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #4)
  • Vernal (The Royal Protector Academy #1)
  • Nox (The Royal Protector Academy #3)
  • Aequus (The Royal Protector Academy #2)
  • Revelation (The Revelation, #1)
  • Crowning Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #7)
  • Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)
  • Sleeping with Monsters (Playing With Monsters, #2)
  • Light Shadows (Dark Light, #3)
  • Embracing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #6)
  • A Demon's Plaything (The Elite Guards #2.5)
  • Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1)
  • The Winter Court (The Elite Guards #3)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

Lightness Saga (4 books)
  • The Crown of Light (Lightness Saga #1)
  • Lightness Falling (Lightness Saga #2)
  • Rise From The Embers (Lightness Saga #4)