Start by marking “The Remaking of Corbin Wale” as Want to Read:
The Remaking of Corbin Wale

The Remaking of Corbin Wale

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,287 Ratings  ·  342 Reviews
A 2017 Riptide Holiday Charity Novel

Last month, Alex Barrow’s whole life imploded—partner, home, job, all gone in forty-eight hours. But sometimes when everything falls apart, better things appear almost like magic. Now, he’s back in his Michigan hometown, finally opening the bakery he’s always dreamed of. But the pleasure of opening day is nothing compared to the lonely a
Published November 27th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Remaking of Corbin Wale, please sign up.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

It's impossible to review The Remaking of Corbin Wale without quoting the story. The language transcends the plot; it's lyrical and truthful.

He saw the monsters that love and longing could make, and they all had human faces.

This book has a magical, ethereal quality.

Cinnamon sugar, wolfdogs, curses, witches . . .

Alex moves back to the town where he grew up and opens a bakery; it's called And Son, because it used to be his parents but now it's his. When Corbin Wale first appears, Alex
Judith
4.5 Stars.

The Remaking of Corbin Wale is an unique story.I've read a few books by this Author and enjoyed them-but,this is something completely different.The writing is special,and,captivating,the story has a wonderful,almost,magical feel about it.

Alex Barrow has returned to his home town after his life in New York imploded in a matter of days.When his mother asks him to take over the running of the family cafe he sees his dream and sets about turning it into a Bakery.On opening day he catches s
Lisa
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

“Because love doesn’t live in kisses and flowers and first dates. It lives in your mind, in your heart.”

I want to start by stating that I am a complete and utter fangirl of this author. I have stated this before, and I will likely repeat this statement many times over. I stand by this simply because Roan Parrish graces us with literary storytelling that is unique and utterly captivating. The Remaking of Corbin Wale is yet another example of a wonderfully written romance by this aut
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Lovely, just lovely. With a mix of magical realism and atmospheric romance, the story simply sang.

For those readers who are fans of Sarah Addison Allen, this book feels very similar in style, if a bit darker (perhaps a bit of Alice Hoffman mixed in). I didn't quite know what to expect going into it, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

The Remaking of Corbin Wale has garnered quite a bit of hype, and I couldn't pass up the chance to see if it stood up to the rave reviews. It really wa
Renée
~4.5 stars!~

Love was a curse. No love was a curse.
Solitude was a cure. Solitude was a torment.
Distance was safety. Distance was crushing.

Every once in a while, I'll come across a story that's special. Unique. Unlike anything I've ever read that reaches inside me and truly resonates with my brain and leaves goosebumps on my heart. It happened with Winter Oranges. It happened with In The Absence Of Light.

And it happened here.

I just don't know that I can articulate why this book pushed so many
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***5 Stars***

I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I want to propose marriage to this book. I want this book to move in with me and share in a 30 year fixed mortgage. I want this book to meet my mom.

“You remake the world a hundred times a day.”

How can I come up with words to describe the pure magic and beauty that is this book?! This book owned every part of me while reading. Every words served a purpo
Jewel
4.5 Stars

"You remake the world a hundred times a day.

The Remaking of Corbin Wale is a story made of magic. It's roots steeped in metaphor and fashioned and baked with love. I savored every delicious word.

Corbin Wale is cursed, or so he believes, anyway. Everyone treats him like he's a freak and Corbin believes they're right. Corbin has led such a solitary life, it just broke me. He believes that he can't get close to anyone. That everything he touches is tainted. Wrong. But Corbin has such a
Christelle
Well, that’s different from the “Middle of Somewhere” series and I really enjoyed it.

After a twist in life, Alex came back to his Mom’s house and opened a bakery. That’s where he met a special customer : Corbin. Corbin lives alone, creating fantasies in his mind to deal with the world and he’s afraid to love. But the pull between Alex and Corbin is like a fate and both can see how beautiful the other is in his own way.

It’s a slow burn, quiet, evocative and romantic where loneliness is being burn
Elsa Bravante
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roan Parrish es una de mis autoras favoritas en el MM, aunque haya tenido algunos problemas en el editado de sus libros, cada vez son menos, y siempre puedes contar con los sentimientos a flor de piel en sus historias. Cuando vi que iba a escribir una novella de Navidad no estaba muy segura de si era algo que iría bien con su estilo. Pero Roan ha conseguido ser fiel a sí misma y al mismo tiempo escribir un romance navideño lleno de magia, amor y ternura.
Dos personajes contrapuestos que se compl
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5 Stars!

This just wasn't my type of book.

It wasn't bad. But I found it a bit slow. And a bit odd.

But I liked Gareth. I would read about him and Orin.

And the writing was good. It just wasn't my style. I got bored.
Susan
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a magical story.

Alex Barrow moves back to his hometown after he loses his job and breaks up with his boyfriend. He reopens his mother’s coffee shop and turns it into a bakery.

Alex notices that a young man comes in regularly to just sit and draw. Alex finds out that this man is Corbin Wale, and Alex vaguely remembers him from high school.

There is a dreamy quality about Corbin that makes him different from other people. Alex remembers how much Corbin got picked on in high school for being d
.Lili.
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Remaking of Corbin Wale by Roan Parrish drew me in from the first page. There was a quiet, poetic, magical feel to the story. I took my time reading it; never wanting it to end.

It's the story of two men who need each other. One man has recently moved back home, and the other is the town's pariah. Alex and Corbin are instantly drawn to one another- like kismet. Little by little, they get to know each other and what ensues is a beautifully written slow burn romance.

Some highlights:

-The POV
Ele
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
-4.5 stars-
"I’ve never felt that about anyone before. It’s like a place inside him is screaming my name, and I just want to answer it with everything."

Magical, whimsical, etheral, unworldly and deeply romantic, The Remaking of Corbin Wale is unlike anything you 've ever read.

This is a story about so many things, but most of all it's about remaking and reinventing yourself. Everyone in this book gets a second chance! Even the secondary characters.

Corbin Wale...you 'll stay with me for ever. He
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I really had no idea. I think this is one of the first Holiday books that came across my feed and the author and the cover just drew me in.

Without even knowing anything I seemed to have saved the best for last. Well, not last, but we are surely running out of time, yes?

I had no idea what I was getting into with this one.

This book was pure magic.

No really, it was.

I never in a million years would have thought that I'd be adding a Holiday read to my favorites of the year but there is no other pla
Diana
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Strawberry Stars

I can count on one hand, the books that I have read over many years that have stuck with me. A few a more recent, while others are from my childhood. This book, I can definitely say, will stick with me for a long time.

Alex Barrow just returned to his hometown in Michigan, after living several years as a sous chef in New York City. His mother turns over the family coffee house to him, and he happily turns it into his life dream, his very own bakery. On opening day, he is drawn
Ariana
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful.
In so many ways.

Alex and Corbin are both amazing characters.
Alex for his big heart, his compassion and understanding and incredible patience with Corbin.
Corbin for showing us the workings of an amazing and unusual mind and how special love can be. I also silently wept at how he came to be who he is. At his vast loneliness. At the low expectations he has from people and life. At his isolation from the real world.

The intricate link between food and love and magic
Cooking an
Josy
Look what I got!! The lovely Jewel sent me an early Christmas present!! Thank you, Jewel <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~

This is a beautifully written, captivating book with an almost dreamlike quality to it. Told from both MC's POVs it struck me how well the writing and the choice of words reflected both characters who see and experience the world very differently. I'm sure that's the case in many books but for some reason, I really noticed it while reading this book
River
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arcs
5 magical stars.

I think there's no other word to describe this book but magic, no, it's not fantasy but Corbin's mind it's such a magical place that it feels that way.

Alex and Corbin's story is just so pure. The story is in dual POV, the first part is Alex's and only looking at Corbin from his eyes I knew I was going to love him. Alex was amazing and I loved him, but Corbin stole my heart. The way he sees the world was just beautiful.

I cried, I laughed and it got to the point where I didn't w
Trio
Roan Parrish brings her A-game with The Remaking of Corbin Wale. An absolutely stunning novel, the prose is fluid and expressive, the characters are complex, and a positive message of hope is woven throughout. This one is so magical it gave me tingles and I was wishing it would never end.

Everything in Alex’s life has fallen apart so he moves back to his hometown to open his dream bakery and hopefully get a fresh start. From the moment Corbin steps into his shop all Alex can think about is seeing
Chris
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mm
Absolutely stunning - this is one of the most beautiful books I’ve read this year. Corbin was ethereal, such a glorious soul who was trapped in a world of dreams that boarded reality and fantasy. No one really gave him time or tried to understand him and just considered him to be the weird freak who lived with his witchy aunties. Then along comes Alex, who takes over his parents business and uses his baking to bring joy. He is enthralled by Corbin and begins to slowly unpack little parts of him. ...more
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Nov 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf

I know, I know...
It's me and not the book but I can't get into this one right now. I'll get back to it eventually

Try not to unfriend me pls ;)
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
5 Stars

Okay, first of all the writing on this one is phenomenal. I just loved how lyrical and fantastical everything was from Corbin's POV. I saw it mentioned in one of the reviews and had to look up the term to see how it applies and I think that it totally does. Magical Realism.

There's angst but it's not overwhelming. There's drama, but it's the day-to-day kind. In fact, I kept waiting for something bad to happen, for there to be a melt-down or back-lash or something. ((view spoiler)
Bárbara
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC received through A Novel Take*

I loved this!!! It was so... Magical, whimsical, it was simply marvellous.
Corbin Wale might have just become one of my favorite characters. He was so unique... I really enjoyed getting a glimpse to his inner world, so intriguing and exquisite.

The romance in this book was also quite delightful. Alex and Corbin worked really well together, they made everything even more magical. And the whole picture was wrapped up in a sweet Holiday mood.
A special bonus were
Vivian
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warm and comforting

This was unlike any book I’ve been read. What a treat! It’s earthy and in the moment. I certainly will give more thought to how things feel and seem in the world. A walk in the woods will be more enlightening.
Hollis
Alex didn't simply want to sleep with Corbin. He wanted Corbin to come back. To keep coming back. He wanted Corbin to ruffle aside his barriers, hold out his hand to Alex, and let him in.

I don't truly know how to describe the experience that is THE REMAKING OF CORBIN WALE. It's a little bit fantasy, without the magic, in the sense that it's about overpowering belief in things unseen and in things felt. It's about every day kindness, in taking the time to understand those different than yourself.
Claire
4.5 stars for a beautiful story and a poetic writing.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

I’m honest: it’s not easy to express the right words for this amazing book. But let me try it.
I was, when I finished the book, totally blown away. Why? Well, I can only say in pretty neat words: it was one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read.
And right after I finished it I felt squishy inside, warm and cozy and totally good. ❤ There were literally everywhere sparkles inside me, fitting to the amazing cover. T
Helen
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Bev
 photo SnoopyHearts_zpsdde64b5d.gif

Another beautifully written Roan story I've read and absolutely loved. The feels in this one people, I sniffled and cried real tears for Corbin and his loneliness. Will we be lucky enough to get a story about Gareth [eek, what a name, poor soul] and Orin?? Hope so [and apparently, that is on the cards further down the line]. Buy this book folks...it's totally worth it and for a very worthy cause.
BWT (Belen)
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-fiction
So wonderful!

I loved this. From the utter acceptance Alex has of Corbin, to the way the story flows...I love that we get both Alex and Corbin's POV, and even though I still don't understand a lot of what was happening with Corbin and his Aunts, and I wish I knew what happened with Gareth, this story just moved me.

Maybe another book to come to feature Gareth?

Roan Parrish lives in Philadelphia, where she is gradually attempting to write love stories in every genre.

When not writing, she can usually be found cutting her friends’ hair, meandering through whatever city she’s in while listening to torch songs and melodic death metal, or cooking overly elaborate meals. She loves bonfires, winter beaches, minor chord harmonies, and self-tattooing. One time sh
More about Roan Parrish

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“I believe in everything.” 0 likes
“Beneath the hint of blueberries, Alex could taste the wild, winter flavor of Corbin himself, and he’d never tasted anything so intoxicating.” 0 likes