Start by marking “CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide” as Want to Read:
CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide

CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide

Pass the First Time.

The CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead SY0-501 Study Guide is an update to the top-selling SY0-201, SY0-301, and SY0-401 study guides, which have helped thousands of readers pass the exam the first time they took it.

It covers all of the SY0-501 objectives and includes the same elements readers raved about in the previous two versions. Each of

Published October 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead

Mark
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure this is a good book. I do not know if I will pass my exam on the first time. I just finished reading it. I am scheduled to take my exam in about a week and a half. I restrained myself from giving the book 5 stars because I feel the only way that I would be qualified to rate the book that highly would be if it does help me pass the exam on the first time.

This book was better than the Mike Meyer's prep book for Net+. I've taken some of the tests, and I will be primarily using the tests in
Jeff
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
This is the third time I've passed the Security+ exam and the third time I've used Darril Gibson's book as my main study guide. I have several other IT certifications and work in the industry so over the years I've read a number of texts for certification preparation and can tell you firsthand that some of them make the Sahara desert look verdant. This is not one of those. Gibson manages to present the material in a way that is concise and easy to understand while still providing enough depth an ...more
Ben
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Passed this exam today, using this book as my primary resource. It's less dry than other textbooks (Gibson clearly likes his Simpsons) and it provides good coverage of the exam requirements. However I'd recommend using alongside other resources (videos, online tests) to stand your best chance

Couple of notes about the exam, don't think I'm breaking any NDAs with the below

- the questions in the book are a little easier than in the exam, but useful for getting used to the tricksy wording. Would rec
Kyle Belote
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a heck of a tome. I have a higher than average knowledge of computers, but I was a newbie when it came to security issues. I can't tell you how much I learned. It is dense and dry reading unless you have a passion for IT like I do for fantasy. This is the first nonfiction book I have read in a decade. I especially liked the author's 'side-bar' where it was story time, and I got to see real events and how they unfolded. There is also great little subsegments of "Remember This." I have no ...more
Chip
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read, re-read, read again ... this book haunts me. My life will never be the same again. I passed...after many failed tries. DONE. SO DONE. Enjoy.
Arunas
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good preparation for the exam, but lacks examples of actual code which you may encounter during the exam. Should be supplemented with Professor Messer's videos and labs from the get certified get ahead website. Furthermore, additional questions listed in the get certified get ahead website are a better representation of the exam than the review questions in the book.
Julie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't have much previous experience with computers but I used this book + Professor Messer videos and passed the 501. Whew. Now I am interested in cryptography!
Cameron Osborn
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pair this with the Author's app and you're golden

I spent about 3 weeks really studying for the exam, all self study. Much of that time was spent digging through this book from start to finish, and when I was done with that I purchased the Android app from the same author to do practice questions and flashcard review. It really paid off and I was able to pass the exam first try. The book covers everything you'll need for the test while also giving you some tips and tricks for taking it. I recomme
SanBa Khìn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, this book is an official study material for CompTIA Security+ examination, which is indeed essential for anyone interested in taking this test.

I've gone through every single chapter of the said book and completed corresponding review tests which are rather practical.

Overall, it's highly recommended.
Maria
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book explains the elementary security concepts with great examples and easy language to understand. I read the book during the preparation of my SY0-501 security+ certificate and I passed the test from the first time.
Shaun Jenkins
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Helped me a lot to gain a better understanding of security principles and prepare for the security + 501 exam.
Shoukri Azmeh
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelly
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Test on Monday - I will be so glad to get this done and get my life back.

7/23 Update: I PASSED THIS BLASTED TEST THIS MORNING.

822 our of 900. Needed 750 to pass.

I'm burning this book tonight, along with my notes and flash cards.
Maurice Green
  • Linux Bible
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • The Cartoon History of the United States
  • Brock Biology of Microorganisms
  • The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy
  • Exploding the Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws Who Hacked Ma Bell
  • MAKE: Electronics: Learning Through Discovery
  • Best of the Best American Poetry
  • The Hobbyist's Guide to the RTL-SDR: Really Cheap Software Defined Radio
  • A Hora dos Elfos (A Trilogia dos Elfos, #3)
  • Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
  • Never Lost Again: The Google Mapping Revolution That Sparked New Industries and Augmented Our Reality
  • The Best American Poetry 2006
  • Red Night (Timewalker Chronicles, #1)
  • Last Betrayal (Wayward Pines; The Genesis Series #2)
  • Sure Signs: New and Selected Poems

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »