Start by marking “Bottling It (A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bottling It (A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery, #1)

Bottling It

(A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery #1)

Wanda Wayfair is a bit of a late starter.

At almost twenty-one she still hasn't received her magical powers, and she's running out of time. But that doesn’t bother Wanda. Much. Not when she can spend all of her time in the human world and pretend that her coven doesn’t exist. But when Wanda takes a job at Berrys' Bottlers, working with the handsome Will Berry and his unplea
Published October 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bottling It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottling It

India
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wanda is used to being a witch without any powers so when strange things start to happen to her she brushes them aside. Starting a new job under the steamy gaze of Will Berry and the ever-watchful eye of his judgemental aunt are hard enough but moving to a new house with plenty of surprises should top her over the edge but it’s the talking rat that catches her focus once more.

This cosy mystery is not all that cosy when the main character is in constant motion but it makes up for that by introduc
Maggie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
I've mentioned that cozy witch mysteries are sweet innocuous reads - deliberately full of tropes, and, like cozies, chaste when it comes to romance descriptions and a bit slow for action book readers. All that said, if you want a relaxing break and don't mind silly, they often fit the bill. So, I'm on my cozy witch binge on Kindle Unlimited.

Like her Riddler's Edge series - the first two books in the series are pretty complete stories and on the third she moves more towards "episodes" than to som
Krystyna
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A late bloomer or someone who will shake the foundations of the establishment?

Terrific! Being a witch with no power makes her a second class citizen in the eyes of her peers. That is why she has decided to live and work in the human world. However circumstances not only give her a new place to live and a new job firmly in the supernatural world. When witches start being killed by humans, she gets drawn further and further into the investigation. Then her witch powers are activated. Can she help
Dharia Scarab
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Teresa
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has a difficult start for book, you like the character of Wanda as she is and then she goes all magic on you and suddenly you're torn between liking her more or thinking 'Meh'. I'm still torn to be honest after reaching the end of the book. The dialogue was good, the writing was okay. Fun, frothy and light if I had to chose words to describe it, the writing that is. Plot was good, enough magic, mystery, and a scattering of murders. I'm going to look out for more from this author because I s ...more
Cheri
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly fun paranormal read

This book is about witches, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and murder. It is twisty and flippant and all together funny. Our heroine, Wanda, is a witch with no witchy powers and if she doesn't receive them by her twenty first birthday she probably never will. Mix this with finding the person committing the murders of witches in the community and a dash of romance and you have a great brew of a story. I plan to continue reading this series and definitely recommend it to
Diana Blick
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good start

I really liked the format for this series--the concept of the Wayfarer who solves the mystery with the familiar of the deceased. It was also a great idea to have her as something of an outcast, having gotten her powers late since it allows her to see outside the very corrupt system. There is obviously racism or specism at work in her world, and at times it seems to have something to say to us. The fact of having a little different concept at hand gives the author a five star rating, an
Robyn
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Wanda comes home to her roommate being taken away and told she can’t return to home there is mold. She’s given a voucher for a hotel room for a month it has rats. She gets a new job and finds a new place to stay with low rent. There’s a dog in the house the next morning and he talks says he’s her familiar but she doesn’t have any witch powers. She goes to see her mother and learns she has come into her powers. The rat she saw at the hotel was really her new familiar.
Sharon M. Turner
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new job, a new life.

Wanda has just gotten a new job with a drinks company and has moved to a fantastic new house. One little problem, people are dying around her for no reason. With luck and new friends she may be able to catch the bad guys and save the day. By the way, did I mention that Wanda is a brand new witch and all her friends are witches, familiars, and weredogs? Enjoy this adventure.
Jeanne Brewer
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A witch with no magic?

Or is she? A lively, humorous and thoughtful take on the life of a witch not yet capable... Of being a witch! As the mystery unfolds so do ancient and not-so-ancient prejudices and biases, so similar to those present in the human world that we are shown an unflattering mirror of our society. When the murderers are finally revealed and all is again right with this world, you may just find yourself reluctant to return to your own. Recommended.
Kat Taylor
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In dead

I found Wayfair Witches to be a refreshing and charming ,writing even wholesome to the theme in fact I would suggest this book today to someone as young as nine years old to 90 years young. A.A.Albright is one classy writer,and now I suggest you start this enjoyable read in all i'ts form. Kat
Ann
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lot of fun

This book is great fun to read and funny to boot! Wanda Wayfair will be turning 21 but she has not yet come into her full powers. Surprisingly, she loses her room due to mold, finds a new job, and finds a new room in the same day. She becomes involved in solving a mystery of humans killing witches. Topping it off, she inherits a rat familiar. Funny and fun.
Kryss Summers
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a lot of fun - especially Wanda's reaction to everything.

A series of crimes linked only by a popular beverage - that was my favorite part.

A world so much akin to harry Potter, I couldn't put the book down - houses bigger on the inside than the outside, entire communities of supernaturals living right along side the normal people, even flying on broomsticks!
Skinnyrogers
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun read

A good book with good character development. The only problem I had was at the beginning where there were two familiars for one "new" witch. As the story continues it makes more sense.
1furrball
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bewitching!!!!

Wanda coming into her powers is quite story. From the familiars, weredogs, the Coven and of course, Murder. This book grabs your attention and you can't put it down.
Patricia Stiff
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bottling It wins me over!

I chose 5 stars because I love how this author's stories flow. The cast of characters feel like family members. Surprised me with the ending when I thought I'd figured the ending out! Thank you!
Brenda
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome cozy mystery

This is a interesting storyline with just the right twists and turns in its plot. Then is wonderful characters of all kinds in the story . Just the right parts of mystery and humor!! A great read💟💖
Shawn Mcdowell
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bottling It

For some reason I bought this book awhile back and I decided to finally read it. This cozy mystery about witches and other supernatural beings was really worth the time to read it. I highly recommend this series to anyone.
Sandra Olson
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

Wanda is an unempowered witch who stumbles upon the clues to several murders. With the help of her otherworldly friends she solves the mystery for a murdered witch's rat familiar.
It sounds like an unlikely story but the author makes it work.
Susan B
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Wanda hasn't received her powers yet and her 21st birthday is in a few days. She slowly starts to get them and meets some interesting new friends and solves the mystery as to why witches are ll of sudden being killed by regular people. Light hearted agood weekend read.
Debra Rodriguez
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting yet questionable

This book has great content but the writing did not flow. As an avid reader it it was hard to maintain engrossment even though the character plot and story line had me intrigued.
Nancy Hix
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Which witch is good?

A delightful story I loved the glossary at the end describing the categories of the supernaturals. Definitely a fun read.
MARIAN KANE
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was great fun!

I really enjoyed this. There was never a dull moment. The self deprecating Wanda was very interesting to watch. Nice twists and turns.
Joyce McKune
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witchy murder mystery.

Wanda was born to witches but at 20 she still hadn't come into her powers and thought she never would.
Michelle
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Fun, light cozy.
Ruthann Mccoy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bottling it

A fun read! Wanda surely goes through a lot in her first adventure. Her family is as charming as her. Cozy enthusiasts will love he
B.E.
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cute and fun.
Angie LeBlanc
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quite interesting

This is seriously funny but also informative. If you really do believe in witches, worlocks, vampires and such this is a good read.
Angie LeBlanc
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book!
Gail Jeziorski
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun read

I thought it was well written, the main characters were fun and the story was a little different . I would read more from this author
Madison Mega-Mara...: #109 - Bottling It 1 2 Jul 13, 2018 10:56AM
A.A. Albright lives in the Irish countryside with her husband.

She loves reading in every genre, but writing the Wayfair Witches' and Riddler's Edge Cozy Mysteries is just about the most fun she's had in a decade.

To keep up to date with the latest news from A.A. and to be the first to hear about new releases, you can join her mailing list:

Or visit her website: htt

A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery (5 books)
  • Bricking It (A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery, #2)
  • A Trick for a Treat (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Winging It (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Wrapping Up (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #5)